Will you return for it?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/15109076
youtube.com/watch?v=tEsUcsjw6xQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GmpDw8djHnE
youtube.com/watch?v=njbTXpLHTw0
youtube.com/watch?v=TUoXIZ1Rz-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's the expansion I've wanted for awhile, so yes.

That would imply I played this carebear babby shit in the first place.

and what's that?

If a lot of people play this, I will return.

A Horde vs. Alliance based expansion with updates to the old world, nods to the RTS games and playable sub races.

>PvE casualized multiplayer shitfest is a "nod" to RTS

you disgust me. The vanilla building models were a nod to the rts.

looks like it could be fun to play while i wait for classic

have they said how the RTS shit will work?

Not him but an expansion that's trying to fix problems with the game instead of fucking adding new broken shit. The last two were bogged down a lot by answering the one that came before them.

Nothing about it sounds interesting
>No new classes
>Allied races are just reskins locked behind rep grinds
>More Horde vs Alliance shit
>PvP focus
Sounds like the worst expansion ever.

But how exactly is BfA fixing problems? All I see is them adding more shit to the game.

They're adding more shit related to the RTS games.
No.

I have never seen a worse post in my whole time on Cred Forums.
Fuck off nigger.
>no new classes
you literally just got one in legion
>allied races locked behind rep grinds
they won't when BfA hits
>more horde vs alliance shit
good, but unfortunately it has old god shit too
>PvP focus
good. PvP is fucking trash and I hope the bounty system fixes wPvP.

Class reworks are limited to the problem specs instead of being big overhauls. They're trying to answer the leveling and wpvp issues that've plagued the game for years, success is another story. The biggest problems of Legion are being dealt with in that gear will be less fucked up.

Legion was a totally different game from WoD. BfA is basically a big Legion patch and I'm okay with this.

Legion's biggest problem by far is the fact that every class plays the same.

>have returned to multiple expansions thinking pvp would be fun again
>it never is
I haven't enjoyed PvP since late-Cata, which I've just googled and saw was seven damn years ago.

I doubt that's going to change in BfA, class homogenization has been a problem for a long time now.

>eating this much blizzshit

I hated the ability pruning, especially when it came down to nonsensical stuff like disc/shadow keeping mind vision and holy losing it (despite keeping mind control, as if they arbitrarily decided mind vision just wasn't spec-lore appropriate).

yes, because i'm a fucking retard

aren't they bringing back class specific buffs or some shit?

all the 12 year olds will migrate to classic, so the bfa community will improve a lot

>Survival STILL isn't a stealth archer spec

What the fuck is "survivalism" about a stealthless rogue with a pet who throws traps like grenades instead of setting them up in advance.

Honestly surprised survival didn't get Camouflage back in some form. I wish rogues had a ranged spec, I'm fucking gay for sneaky snipers.

It'll be back to "marksman but shit" come BFA. Just remove the spec entirely and make a Beast Master hero class. It's been useless since vanilla.

I don't see how anyone can make this claim seeing as how even proc-centered specializations all work differently and how there are much bigger problems. Or are you just referring to hitting buttons on a keyboard?

>billion caster specs
>trillion healing specs
>gazillion melee specs
>3 ranged spec, all one class
Yeah, a ranged rogue spec would spruce things up.

They haven't had a single clue as to what they want survival hunter to be, after 13 years of trying to remake it time and time again. It just needs to be removed and replaced entirely. Or just removed.

You know, if they made Warcraft 4 be like Mount & Blade with magic and basebuilding, I would totally become a blizzard fanboy again.

I do wish for a little more variety in roles of a class, a ranged rogue would kind of help. What I'd really like just for every class to have either a tank or healer role somehow. I'm sick of being trapped behind quests on my pure dps characters because I can't stand the time it takes to gather a group or queue for it.

Or like some kind of "good boy token" you could earn by doing dungeons on tanks/healers that you could combine maybe 5 of to skip to #1 in the queue on a DPS character. I've had to put way more work into alts this expansion because of all the god damn dungeon prof quests.

Hell yeah! Resubbing next week for maximum leveling ownage. Looking forward to leveling to make level and checking out the new leveling system. Really pumped to actually run low level instances while leveling and having them actually be difficult, like the good ol days! I will not be using any heirlooms because im a fucking gangster.

I hope they make some good changes to WoW and bring back world pvp man.

Can't make up my mind on what class i want to play though. Here are my thoughts.

Male NE Balance druid.
Human Ret pally.
Human Mage.

Freakin help me anons, i cant decide!!

Yes, theyre finally fixing Demolock to be fun.

World pvp is dead until they remove battlegrounds from being useful, as long as they tier shit along side that garbage world pvp will remain dead. BGs were optional in Vanilla, because the rewards they provided were mediocre, so even after they were introduced they weren't hardly used. That and the fact you had to go to them in person.
So town raiding was still popular until the end of Vanilla, where southshore and tarren mill were at constant war.
That's never coming back as long as honor talents, battlegrounds giving good rewards, and battlegrounds que anywhere goes away.

Most likely for a while at least.

Not sure what to roll for the new subraces, since I already have 1 of every class at max level, but I'll figure it out.

I doubt I'll play much once I hit max level though.

>blizzard is slowly turning wow into an rts so they can release warcraft 4

nah
i resubbed when 7.3.5 came out and couldn't stand it, i've come to realize i just don't like modern WoW
maybe I'll try Classic when it comes out

Unless they remove titanforging and lfr, no.

>implying people aren’t just gonna play this until classic comes out and then jump ship completely in favor of classic

Are they actually going to fix PVP or is it still going to get benched to appeal to the autistic social drama popularity contest that is PVE guids and raiding, because nothing screams fun like standing in one place doing the same rotation 30 times over again so you can finally hit top DPS.

I will never understand the level of autism required to still be pissy about LFR. It literally gains people that do it nothing. Its just there to take the place of a youtube video and MAYBE help finish some quests, except not really.

if they fix PvP I will
>inb4 mini game
fuck you I enjoy it

>implying the huge surge of classic players won't cut off about a month in when most people realize that it's either too grindy or they don't actually want to talk to people to make dungeon groups/raids
I really hope it's just on one server, because I would fucking hate rolling the dice only to end up on the server that dies the second this happens.

Can the current Blizz write a story that was as good as any campaign in WC3?

No

Also a ton of the "lore" added in WoW and the books needs to be axed completely.

>missing out on the start

LOL?

After the mess that was Legion? No thanks!

The reality of this is brutal. But the flow of all the classes seems to be really nice. The rotations flow and the combat feels really good.

Anyone that genuinely thinks people will pay 15 bucks a month to play vanilla long term is a gigantic moron. People will try it for a month or two, realize their nostalgia isn't worth 15 a month, and then quit.

Its a hell of a lot easier to play an old AAA game when its free than it is to play it when it actually costs you something.

yeh, mostly because i have a bunch of tokens and b.net balance stored up and nothing to use them on aside from this

Compared to what exactly? I've played a lot of MMOs and if current WoW has every class "play the same" so does every MMO.

>warcraft
>good story apart from arthas shenanigans post-first war
come on now

Do you not enjoy streamlined PVP gameplay where everyone has exactly the same stats and is forced to pick from a narrow set of talents?

I just want warfronts to be decent and the sets to be half as good as Blizzcon made them look.

A lot of the people who want classic are oldfags who now have the disposable income to throw $15 a month away on even casually playing. What they might not have now, however, is disposable time.

that's garrison shit not RTS shit

I was considering coming back since zi only stopped because I didn't have the bandwidth to redownload it.
Then I saw what they were doing to world pvp and I am out.

Fuck you. The legion invasion was great as was Thrall's journey to Kalimdor. I'll admit that the NE campaign was a bit lackluster story wise.

Frozen Throne was all around great.

Even if they have time, they have better things to do. I am an old guy with disposable income and actually a decent amount of times thanks to lol management job but I still wouldn't pay 15 bucks a month to play a 15 year old game. There are plenty of pick up and play games that are free I could play instead and get the same mind off "fun".

Good argument, i mean if they add some incentive to World PVP people will do it. I dont know how the community would react if blizzard were to nerf the honor and benefits of doing BGs.

I love World PVP, back when it was good it was a blast man. I feel like there will be more World PVP this expansion.

no I'm staying on WoW Ascension, the definitive best Warcraft experience in the past decade

streaming is garbage and killed most of the fun
scaled stats is unironically a good decision though now that they removed pvp gear completely. Honestly I could live with the dogshit ability prunning if they just tuned down retarded self healing and damage absorbs on dps. There is literally no distinction between clothie/leather/plate right now everyone is a fucking tank

I was on a pvp server up until I got sick of being crowded on a heavily unbalanced x-realm grouping. Nothing says fun like being alliance and trying to do your world quests on a server with 10 times the Horde pop.

there's no world anymore, just little crz shards full of people that don't speak english

streamlining*

What's even new? It's just more of the same old tired shit?
Granted legion added new systems only to then remove it all. For what? So I can get bored of fucking raiding with a reskin of a race that has no impact on the fact that this is the same thing I was doing 5 years ago?

No, and I won't return for vanilla either. I'm bored of nostalgia and bored of MMO's. I'm tired of playing games where you need help from a team of people who are always incompetent.

yes still have enough gold from wod to play for a few months
i hope its good legion was the worst expansion

i'l play it for the first month or so but the days of subbing through entire wow expansions are over

To me world PvP was only enjoyable because I knew who I was killing/who was killing me. When it became nearly all randoms I didn't recognize or see on the realm forums, I went from RP-PvP to just RP and don't regret it.

The bloodlust that made WPvP a thrill ("Oh shit it's [that retard you hate from the realm forums]! Better not lose!") is no longer there. Blizzard will probably never be able to re-bottle the community in such a way that brings that familiarity with your opponent back.

>pick up and play
I think this is just where you and me differ. I hate multiplayer games these days because they don't have a community. They are essentially single player games with NPCs that might call you a cocksucker sometimes. WoW still manages to have a community if you are a RPfag, which is mostly why I still casually play. Being able to pay for it with gold when you enjoy AH PvP helps. Not sure if I'd be subbed if I had to pay with real money.

Maybe, I don't know if it really fixes the problems i have with it at the moment.

My biggest one just being that none of the classes feel like they have any impact anymore. I can't say they're less fun than they used to be but they all kind of feel like a mashfes. Wow one does a bigger number, but they all do such inflated digits it's meaningless.

Plus all the stuff they've done to zhoosh up the combat makes it just feel more watery. A good example is whirlwind, where they changed it from one big impact to three smaller ones in a flashy twist. It looks a bit more dramatic now but feels weaker when there's a few little hits and no pause in the animation to the next one. All those extra numbers just adds to the meaningless clutter of big hits.

Then you haven't played FF14 because they do a good job of making each class different. You can't play a Ninja the same as a samurai.

sure

I will return only if they make all the servers PvP servers. Only makes sense for this expansion. Fuck PvE pussys.

ff14 classes are just the equivalent of different specs.

based retardbro

>Legion's biggest problem by far is the fact that every class plays the same.

No the biggest problem was that legendaries were so good at launch, and if you didn't get you BiS one within 3 weeks of farming Mythic+ for 12 hours a day, you would be benched for raiding.

The whole RNG element with titanforging and sockets also needs to be removed from the game completely.

the new animations are really unsatisfying, especially auto-attacks, could barely tell i was attacking except little numbers were flying around

have they revealed how they are changing the classes yet? removing the artifacts is going to make the classes feel like shit to play since they are designed around them now

Hell no.

A lot of artifact and legendary effects are being put in as skills or talents.

Rexxar's campaign was the shit

>because the rewards they provided were mediocre, so even after they were introduced they weren't hardly used.

U wot.

Someone clearly never played Classic.

>("Oh shit it's [that retard you hate from the realm forums]! Better not lose!")

Dude. good fucking times. I remember always running into the same people and having the WPVP experience be very compedative.

There was this fucker called MegaMage on Dragonmaw that i always fought in StrangleThorn vale in epic battles while WPVPing, so much fun man.

suramar reminded me of WC3 writing

>pvp expansion
>pvp is optional
NOPE
O
P
E

Classic servers when

>mfw classic servers require a "Worldline Attunement" which can only be obtained in a BoA endgame questchain involving the Bronze Dragonflight

You are retarded. People absolutely will pay 15 a month for a BLIZZARD QUALITY server. Private servers are free but they're all riddled with bugs, powertripping gms and shady admins. People are fucking sick of that shit. Please stop talking out of your ass about shit you know nothing about.

And how does every class play the same? How do druids play like paladins? Or one warrior spec like the other? Not even their executes work the same.

I think he meant that even brand new BG equipment were quickly useless or underwhelming. All I really remember was The Unstoppable Force for absurd windfury bullshit, the rest of it might as well not have existed.

Same. I don't think a top-down RTS would really suit Warcraft anymore, it should hybridize itself.

well i got suckered in for a nightborne so might as well ride the next wave of shit

No.

>rogues used to be my favorite class because they just had cool looking hits with little flair behind them
>now everything is drenched in particle effects

I hate this. I also don't like how they made all of the new animations class specific instead of race specific. I know the race ones were simple with a lot of repetition (I remember a nelf tank in BWL complain about how he'd never stop spinning) but they were at least distinct to the race. Now that everyone has the same shit and it's all overdone to hell it's even less personality to it.

>Can the current Blizz write a story that was as good as any campaign in WC3?
The only campaign worth remembering is Arthas's campaign, the rest are godawful and the awful new characters continue to be awful in WoW like Tyrande and Malfurion. Fucking worthless retards.

this desu

pandaren demon hunters WHEN?

why not?

Soon.

I would imagine Blizzard knows charging $15 a month for Classic would be suicide
I imagine they're going to either include it with the existing WoW subscription(once you've paid the $20 "box" price for Classic of course).
It would be nice if it had no sub and was simply buy to play but I doubt that somehow.

>People arguing what Legion did wrong and all being wrong
Its very simple, titanforging and legendaries were the issue aka RNG out the ass.

Legendaries were "do everything to hope to get one to drop then hope to get the right one, btw it gets progressively harder to get more" that combined with shitty legendary balance you had certain class/specs who didn't give a shit which they had and others you flat out couldn't play competitively without them.

Then we had titanforging. Titanforging forced you to run the same bullshit content over and over again to hope to get a piece of loot to drop THEN titanforge on top of it.
>But whats wrong with keeping old content relevant, thats one of WoW's biggest issues?
The issue is by the time my guild was downing mythic whatever boss we LONG since already had higher ilevel loot from heroic titanforged gear. And let me tell you when you finally down a boss after literal weeks of wiping having to shard ALL OF THE FUCKING LOOT really makes you question why you should give a fuck about raiding.

Raids were also fucking awful "one person fucked up over a 10 minute of step wrong and you die" that even when you outgear fights they werent fun

Just the format I guess. I don't like running around doing quests I've already done, entirely by myself, never seeing another person (or completely ignoring each other if I do). I don't like linear hallway dungeons that people autopilot for daily rewards. I don't like how matchmaking has become a core feature of the game, with nearly every group activity involving it.
The game no longer feels like an adventure, it feels like a list of chores I need to do. I don't have fun playing it.
I still love the world, the characters and the art, however, so I'd probably be down to play Classic.

god damn my dick

>server is low pop
>most of the players I see are cross realm
>costs a fucking fortune to transfer servers
fucking hell blizzard

Does it really matter how populated a server is when cross realm exists?

>push buttons until enemy dies
>hit the shiny buttons when they get shiny
wow such variety

No amount of new content can fix the fucked up systems, so no.

Not that guy, but it's hard to articulate how this still feels really negative despite you actually still seeing people. I liquidated everything, bought some easy flips that lowpop realms are good for (xmog items), stuffed it in a guild bank, and jumped to a high pop RP server. It just "feels" nicer to be on a "whole" server where you actually start to recognize people/guilds again.

Why the fuck would they make it free to play? It'll be included with a sub to the main game, but its not going to be free. There is literally no reason to make it free.

You will have to buy access to Classic, I am certain of that. But box sale with no sub isn't "free."

yes

Raiding, unless they changed it mythic raiding was same server only

I already returned for allied races but I probably won't stick around for the entire gap between now and BFA. Might play BFA at launch for a month or two and then come back at the end like I did with Legion.

Both MoP and WoD had really fun class gameplay, especially mobility.

The states of rogues, hunters..

It's really simplistic.

What was tactical and deep, weaving multiple CDs for survivability and positioning, became very static and blobby.

Played from AQ patch through to end of WotLK. Been back for every expansion launch since then.

Someone please tell me we won't be waiting untill the end of September for this shit to drop.

servers are mostly empty already. You might as well hibernate like most people

Middle of summer at minimum.

I don't know if you've heard the news lad, but this is the void expansion, not a horde vs alliance one. That's just the pretext that starts it. Kinda like Pandaria except more war at the start instead of later.

pre-patch with intro will probably hit in the summer

I was drunk last night and subbed for 6 months. didnt preorder the expanson just subbed to the normal game.

....did i fuck up? will the game drastically change when this comes out and make my current questing in northrend really different?

They've done this
>On or before X date
when preorders have opened before and it has never been significantly ahead of schedule. BFA might come out a week earlier on the 14th instead of the 21st but I wouldn't hope for much earlier than that. Prepatch might drop a month or so beforehand.

It's still faction war focused like MoP. I'm sick of pretending like we're friends with the Horde.

>lol the pruning is over I'm sure Blizzard has realized it was a mistake and won't do it ag-

>will the game drastically change when this comes out and make my current questing in northrend really different?
No. This expansion isn't touching Northrend.

So.... Marksman but with a few different shots like Survival was up until Legion?

Q. Does it still have the Dungeon Finder, aka the looking for retards tool?
Yes?
Well then nope.

I got drunk and made a ticket for a free week, logged in once, setup my UI, then did some SM runs on Light's Hope instead.

>He liked spending 2-3 hours only to be lumped with retards anyway.

You know whats funny? If you're using the Dungeon Finder, you are literally doing noob content.

Mythic+ has no Finder and Neither does Raids.

It's actually surprising how much Blizz feels the need to mess with classes each new expansion. They've stated numerous times in the past that one of major reasons people give for unsubbing is their class changing. Most players don't follow much news about the game. If they log in one day and find a changed class, they just tend to quit.

>complains about noobs
>uses dungeon finder
hmmmmmmm
you might be retarded
the hardest content is exclusive to the dungeon finder

>paying $15 a month to wait around for daily/weekly shit that takes 1 hour to clear to reset

>Classic
It won't be classic.
For one, they won't have wallwalking, and that's terrible.
It'll inevitably have class """balancing""". I guess Classic wasn't balanced to begin with, but two wrongs don't make a right.
Plus, there's a 50-50 chance they'll add the modern quality of life features that killed the fucking game. Cross-realm battlegrounds, Phasing to merge and populate areas, the LFG tool.
Basically all the options that favor convenience over community, there's a good chance that'll end up in the game and thus it'd be fukt.

when classic comes out will we have to BUY that too or will it be added on? i will be fucking mad if i have to pay for a normal subscription AND classic

>hibernate like most people
I get so comfy in pre-expansion prep mode. Liquidate everything, clear out quest logs, slap order hall tables for insane free gold.

>remembering how excited i was when i got this on my warlock for the first time
>swim down to the bottom of all deep water i encountered just because i could
god i want to go back

Being stuck 2-3 hours with retards made people communicate and co-ordinate.

With queing systems if your group didn't carry you, there was no reason not to just drop out and requeue.

Thats why LFD and LFR are piss easy to anyone with half a brain, because they expect them to be run by retards who aren't willing to learn, back in the day you had to learn, or else you just didn't clear the dungeon.

Rexxar is my favorite. That FUCKING HUGE bear in desolace.

the ability was re-added in the next PTR build
fucking shitposter

How do I return to something I never left?

>back in the day you had to learn, or else you just didn't clear the dungeon.
this still happens today though
if you want to clear the actual content (Mythic+) you have to learn or get fucked

This

Don't forget that if they don't get the numbers they're expecting, they'll turn the whole thing into an amusement park for retail players in order to justify classic's existence. They'll end up linking classic rewards to retail characters, so in BfA every retard will have T3, Corrupted Ashbringer, and Swift Zulian Tigers that they earned with zero effort.

Good thing I avoid both because I play in a guild and never need to touch LFD or LFR content because I am not a useless loser.

Tell me exactly; Why ARE you using LFD and LFR.

Are you not doing Mythics?

I really liked MoP's flex raids, no queues, clear 1 raid wing, done in an hour.

You don't even play WoW.

>t. somebody who ran 8 splits with 8 classes in Legion

Those are optional though, and repetitive as fuck.

And they're still based on the retard mode dungeons as a baseline, adding in +150% health and damage makes them remotely challenging, and diablo mods that instant kill you if you don't know how to avoid them doesn't make the dungeon good.

I kinda wanna try the new races before it drops but I don't want to do all the work

But like 60 bucks for two cosmetic options per side is kinda gay

>He thinks Mythic Dungeons are hard.

Literal manchild detected.

>and repetitive as fuck.
and vanilla content wasn't repetitive as fuck?
literally name a snigle MMO where the end game content isnt just running the same shit over and over hoping for some drop.

I don't.

And thats good people should be playing in guilds and with friends.

PUBs should be PUBs, they should be an option, but people shouldn't expect them to be faceroll either, that was the problem with Cataclysm heroics, they incentivized people to run them all the fucking time and gave bonuses for queueing.

Some of that sounds nice tho
I don't understand why people would want the old taxis, shit took so long people made mods so you could play bejewled between paths. Shit sucked.

>Mythics?
Not him, but mythic raids are no longer fun now that you can't do them with 9 of your friends. Having to pick up 10 other retards and crawl through mythic content in WoD was hell and I tapped out of it when Legion rolled around. Being on a low pop server meant having to settle for less skilled or good-but-insufferable players to fill the roster and I will be forever bootyblasted that locking mythic to 20 essentially destroyed all "casual but still great at dragonslaying" guilds. Being limited to heroic as our end game meant we'd clear it at launch or the week after, then have only that for content until the next raid. No fucking thanks. Ree!

On the one hand yes.
But I liked that "noob" content back in Vanilla, BC, and early wrath (before retard finder)
Retard finder killed it, since it killed your ability to form a (semi) decent group. The people you would've recruited went for the easy option and tolerated the retards, but tolerating retards isn't fun for me.

So that essentially left soloing up until joining a raid guild. Being blunt, raiding the same content with the same group of people repeatedly gets boring. It'd be great if you could raid content with new groups of people, but the lockout system kicks that in the balls.

Let people have their retard modes.

I run actual content and find it decent enough.

Theme park problem.

In vanilla, I ran BRD to get my HOJ, clear my quests, you knew what you were aiming for and how much power you needed to progress to the next stage, thus you can progress to the next step.

In Legion you run Mythic+ dungeons and hope that your 960 piece at the end of the week wasn't complete garbage, and that 960 peice only serves to do the same shit again, and again and again.

Its simple really.

So... you never actually raided in WoW since forever?

You don't know shit do you?

Settle for Heroics then?

Jesus

I do know that the goddamn LFG tool killed it for me in Wrath and that I haven't played since.

They still have the LFG tool (and the raid lockouts too), so no deal.

How about instead of retard modes for what should be challenging and engaging content, they stop babbymoding dungeons, make them actually interesting, and leave the retard mode content for world content. if people want to sit there and grind the same shit repetitively all day long, let them grind mobs for professions, retard mode only serves to devalue other systems like professions and BOE world drops.

I do love Mythic + and think it's at least a step in the right direction it's true that it's such a lame way of adding difficulty. Old dungeons weren't hard because of just numbers but because you were fighting mechanics. But with CC going out the window aside from fucking everyone having an AoE stun, mana being limitless and threat being a nonissue I doubt we'll see much of that kind of difficulty again.

Cool.

I was raiding in Wrath with the same buddies I was raiding with in vanilla. And I've raided with those same guys every expansion since and had a blast. Sorry you never had friends to enjoy the game with, I guess.

Raid lockouts work differently now.

You are personally locked to individual bosses, rather then entire raids, meaning if you join at the last boss, you can still clear the other bosses for loot in another PUG.

This is what rose tinted glasses look like, folks.

This guy gets it.

Because PuG people like you ARE the retards. I mean look at He's literally had "It killed" because he can only do LFD content because he's a sperg.

Why should we listen to bad players like you?

Also

>Professions and BoE world drops undervalued because of LFG

That's a funny joke make, Professions besides Alchemy ( and Engineering for PvP )were ALWAYS useless.

Did u just come into this thread to make yourself look good to nobody

...phoxes?

I hope not. Fuck off furries.

>Old dungeons weren't hard because of just numbers but because you were fighting mechanics

Yes they were, you are a fucking inbred if you think otherwise.

I bet you got real far in MC without dark iron plate.

lol triggered

lmao at everyone not just playing on a private server, shit feels comfy, albeit lonely when creating a new char

are the dark midgets released yet? I've only seen highmountain taurens and the void elves running around so far.

Sure thing bro.

So what happens if you collect up a group of 25 (is it still 25?) people, and one of them is (for example) locked to boss 3 and only boss 3?

Do they enter a different dungeon?
Do they clear bosses 1 and 2 fine, but then boss 3 is invisible to them?
Can they attack boss 3, but not get loot from it?

warfronts (for some fucking insane reason) are pve not pvp

They fight those bosses and don't get loot

warfronts are both PvE and PvP
you pick which one you want

That one person simply doesn't get loot from boss 3.

>Dark plate
>A requirement

Fuck me are you an Elysium tard?

>Got real far into MC without Dark Iron Plate

Well, yeah, considering the mats for the Dark Iron Plate dropped in MC.

And were worse by the time you got them than Might which provided enough fire Res Plus an Onyxian scale cloak to tank Rag.

Why aren't the Pandarens absolutely pissed that it's happening again?

I will, I'm currently trying to get my Rogue into Antorus Normal so I can get the Dashing Scoundrel set for when we head to Kul'Tiras.

Sup ya'll it's me it's ya boy asmongold

Considering how bad Legion was after all those promises, no. never again.

nobody cares what minor races think

Why not just wait for BFA and go back to gather it?

No reason to waste your life wiping to one shot mechanics for 3 months for a set that will be obsolete by quest greens next patch.

>people pretend to be omniscient fortune tellers and predict things years in the future based purely upon their own pessimistic nature

Because Pandaria Pandaren don't give a fuck, they live in their own special chinaland.

The horde/alliance pandaren are a different faction.

I can't unsee those ducklips.

>Normal raids
>One shot mechanics
Normal Antorus is pretty easy.
Also aren't old raids more difficult to solo now after 7.3.5?

PuGs were entertaining before LFD made them full of dumbasses.
Really, the LFD content was the only content that I -couldn't- do. But you know damn well that you can't raid 24/7, that raiding becomes a grind for various reasons, and that structured raiding really isn't as convenient as getting a group of randoms and going.
I managed to lead a PuG to kill Lanafell in ICC10 once. The goal was PuG Saurfang, but we plowed him without an issue, and people wanted to keep going and we managed to dump Lana. Shit was cash. But damn groups like that don't come every week.
Also we couldn't kill Festergut. Shit was not so cash. But oh well.

You know, if the game didn't artificially limit the amount of times you could kill the actual difficult content in a week, you probably could have a damn entertaining time setting up groups and going for it.
But as the game was after LFD, content was either week locked, or matchmaking with paintdrinkers.
I don't like doing the same bloody content with the same bloody people. It's only fun while you learn it then it's a grind you put in your weekly schedule. It's WORK. fuck that.

Oh you just want one of the sets?

PVP version is easier to get DESU.

>Raiding has Become a Grind
>BECOME

You know what I don't miss? Raid Bosses being easy as fuck shit that is utterly braindead to complete, but because of X random thing such as Taunt being resisted or a Crushing blow on the tank we wipe.

And then it takes forever to go through trash that respawns only to do it again.

And again.

And again.

Only to not get to do the last boss because he's stuck behind a rep grind.

Weren't H-dungeons still 24hr locked and raids weekly locked before LFD?

Heroic dungeons were completely optional before 3.2

Maybe your tank should be hit and def capped

Huh, this seems like it has merit.
So you could literally keep throwing yourself at content in different groups of people, repeatedly, as often as you want, and the only downside is you only -loot- the boss once each week?
Well Loot was never the main point for me anyway. Maybe I should look into getting back into the game.

Seems like the game's a lot friendlier to starting a pickup group now than it was in late Wrath.

Raids have been week locked since vanilla.

Warfronts are at the moment exclusively PvE. You're thinking of Island scenarios user, those can be either PvE or PvP according to Blizzcon (tho I have a feeling the PvP bit will be scrapped when the expansion launches)

Can't wait to conquer savages

>No PvP servers

Already ruined.

LET'S SETTLE THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL!

strawpoll.me/15109076

FAVORITE WOW CLASS, GO!

Indeed, on my warrior I only do aggramar, Argus, and Eonar every week, and I just find the PUG stuck on, Eonar is easier because I can come in as a 'tank' and get free loot because the fight is a meme.

>first vote is hunter
>retail hunter
what the fuck

>Being both hit and Def capped

Looks like someone didn't raid.

What you did was get Hit cap and hope to keep shield block up to push yourself over 100% mitigation so Crushing blow damage events out.

You fucking inbred.

You're reminding me of fucking MC.
Well not MC, the tauntmiss was Eberron in BWL, but still.
You're also reminding me of why I didn't like raiding.

Raids were weekly locked for a while, but I don't remember heroics being locked.
I could've swore I did heroic dungeons repeatedly in early wrath. Might be wrong tho.

people were still pugging during cata for legendary mats even after lfr was added, once quest items dropped in lfr there was no point

smashing alliance-heads and old gods?

already preorderd.

Thats because the current dev team hates balancing for PVP, they only care about world first raiding.

They're removing PVP from PVP servers and turing PVP minigames into a more arcady experience then it already is.

The new flagging system is a joke.

We could probably just be talking about different xpacs, I only ever tanked a little in BC.
You could have but I don't think you were always getting loot. I could be wrong.

Vanilla Raiding was literally your tank praying he keeps Shield block up and seeing how many non-priests healers you need to bench each fight.

And making sure those Priests do nothing but Spam Greater Heal because one PWS will strip the tank of Rage so fast.

>tfw almost 400 wipes on mythic argus
fight is nowhere near bad as kj but people just like to fuck up the same amount of times

It has varied expac to expac, but overall probably druid. You can do everything, and do it well. And I've while balance can be a pain to level, its always fun in content that matters thanks to dots.

What changed that made them not optional?

Human Ret Pally, FOR THE LIGHT!

Should I save my 110 boost for an Alliance character? haven't played Alliance in a while, but this expansion sounds like it'll have a lot of faction-specific content.

The funny and sad part now is that Normal is just as easy as LFR these days now that there is mythic difficulty.

Just join a PUG and clear normal of the latest raid on release day, what the fuck blizzard was thinking is beyond me.

how can you say this when they're actually trying to fix the non-existant PvP this time around?
Removing the PvP servers is a good thing. And creating incentives for World PvP is also a good thing. The bounty system is interesting to say the least. Looks like wPvP will actually have cool shit tied to it instead of people just instagibbing noobs in starter zones.

>current dev team
World PvP hasn't been good since Vanilla, maaaybe with the exception of Halaa every blue moon.

MOP was the last expansion that managed to keep me playing for more than 2 months
There was so much to do and it was genuinely fun

>BC tanking

You mean where everything is fucking simple as shit to tank but I hope you don't intend to maintank unless you are a warrior because you still need Shield block to avoid Crushing blows.

Then again, hardest fight in BC was literally Mu'ru because Lolspike damage and Add waves needing to die in 2 seconds.

I've heard loads of old friends express their interest in it again because of this expansion, these are also people who didn't fall for the nostalgia pull of WoD so haven't played since WotLK at the latest. I feel like people want the Horde vs. Alliance to be the focus rather than some super hero scifi like it was turned into.

You're on Cred Forums, what were you expecting? Just be glad no one's turned this into a political thread.

Yet.

TOC's 5 man dungeon dropped as good as ulduar gear on heroic, on top of this from 3.2 onward dungeon badges could buy tier gear.

3.2 was the first patch where you could skip entire tiers by farming badges from heroics.

It helps that Legion was decent. It has issues, but the content stream has been very steady and the content itself overall decent to good, so people trust the devs a little again.

Nope. In fact Legion pretty much killed any enthusiasm I once had. I've been playing since beta, but at this point I don't feel any urge to go back. Considering I've been having way more fun replaying Dragon Quest 8 than I have playing WoW for years tells me I'm probably not gonna return.

Tell me friend, what was the epitome of tanking in WoW?

Not that user, but MoP Brewmaster was the most fucking fun thing

>There was so much to do and it was genuinely fun
What the fuck was there to do in MoP other than Raid?
Seriously there hasn't been a single expansion ever that's there is something to do all the time that's not boring bullshit.
All anyone does is just Log in when it's time to raid that's it.

>3.2 was the first patch where you could skip entire tiers by farming badges from heroics.
Wasn't this also a thing during the Sunwell tho?

They were thinking normal would be for PUG groups and extremely casual raiders. That actual genuine difficulty was going to be mythic. Its why I don't get why people bitch about LFR. Only the laziest motherfuckers use LFR. Everyone else just pugs normal for "easy" raid kills.

One thing that confused the toss out of me in MC was why people insisted you needed a combination of 9 warriors and warlocks for Garr.

It's pisseasy for any given warrior to tank 2 of the firesworns. Hell, a hunter pet can tank a firesworn. My group's usual strat was a 3tank strat - Garr+1 on the MT, 3 on the OT, 3 banished, and a random guy would peel off one at a time to kill.
Garr himself only starts off doing tickle damage until you've popped a few of his guys.

I never left.

Because they could have done the same exact fucking thing by changing flagging mechanics on non-PVP servers and left PVP servers alone.

This change isn't to fix wPVP, this change is to remove it outright or turn it into another minigame.

Nigga are you seeing this set? I'm getting it for Transmog.

Now if only the Artifact challenges weren't so fucking hard. I want those Rapiers.

I agree, without even diving into the endgame the class campaigns and their subsequent have (for the most part) brought flavor and story to each individual class again, something my friends and I have all agreed was sorely needed.

You poor soul.

If it wasn't for the shitfest that was their shitty drop system for legendaries I would say it was an outright good expac. It kills me because I actually LIKE the idea of potent class legendaries. They just handled it in a terrible, terrible way.

got back into this game after a few hours and forgot how it works

how the fuck do you know if you're doing quests proper for your level? yes, i understand the concept of looking at the map, seeing the level range, and doing quests there. but sometimes i still feel like i am wasting my time on lower quests in those regions (for example, if a region is level 68-73, I feel like I am doing too many quests for level 68)

does the game have any way to know what the bests quests to do are that will get the most XP for your level?

As soon as attunementd were removed most people went from Kara to Hyjal since T5 content was hard as fuck in comparison

That and M+. I wouldn't be surprised if M+ slowly overtakes raiding as the primary PvE content, as it's easier to organize, more skilled, more fun and more more competitive.

Yes, but you still had to raid to get those badges, badges from heroics weren't really viable, thats why everyone kept doing karazhan full clears every reset.

>Typicall return for like a month or two to play casually and see the new stuff
>Heard that Saurfang not only ears shit from Sylvanas but actually may end up betraying the Horde

Probably not this go around. Each new expansion just ruins the Horde more and more. I've hated the faction for several expansions now and its just not getting any better.

Timeless isle pvp

The new flagging system is great. Either it will let people want to fight find each other which is a strict upgrade or no-one will opt in which is basically where we're at at the moment.

I mean like iirc, when sunwell dropped or whenever the server unlocked the blacksmith. You were able to get some pretty high tier gear just by rolling heroics for a few days. So I don't know why 3.2 was the nail in the coffin

Same. I really loved my mains (Mage and Monk) switching out legendaries on the fly depending on the situation, like wildly weird talents. That shit was fun. It's too bad they were locked behind a shitty system for this fucking long. Imagine if they'd put the essence shit in right from the start? Excellent expansion, right there. It's such a small thing, too.

The rapiers are easy to get.

All you have to do is save your CDs to pop Agatha's barrier when it comes up, and when she spawns imps you just use bladeflurry and chain combo marked for death and runthrough.

Oh shit I forgot about raid badges

Ion said on stream that there will be no changes added to Classic. That "Classic means Classic" and that while all feed back is helpful what the team is discussing internally right now is which patch to start on, and if that patch should be there forever or if they should roll out future patches similar to their release order.

No. There will be no transmogging in classic. Shut the fuck up

Lok'tar Ogar, my name is Jean Theroux-Amite.

I’m a 3500 year old Nightborne Mok'kron (Warrior for you Alliance). I fight quillboars in the Barrens, and spend my days perfecting my axe-work and learning to communicate with the superior spirits of the Horde. (Ancestors, the elements, etc.)

I train with my Axe every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is smithed in a mighty Orgrimmar forge, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my axe license two years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Orcish fluently, both Warsong and the Frostwolf dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Orcish history and their honor code, which I follow 100%

When I get my Horde Membership, I am moving to Durotar to attend a prestigious rite of passage to learn more about their magnificent culture. I hope I can become a Kor'kron for the warchief or a commander in the Horde army!!

I own several platebodies, which I wear around town. I want to get used to wearing them before I move to Durotar, so I can fit in easier. I salute to my elders and seniors and speak Orcish as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Durotar!

Also not that user, my vote is for when every DK spec could tank. Even doing it "wrong" (UK over Frost) was a blast. Honorable mention to prot warrior back when you had to stance dance to really get your mileage out of the class.

>I hope you don't intend to maintank unless you are a warrior
this is fine, the only bad thing about tbc tanking was paly aoe threat was a mistake that led to loads of crappy changes in wrath

I'd hope, have raids for the conclusions of stories and big arcs while M+ is just pure competition.

missed opportunities

>Increased sub costs

Nope, doesn't seem like Blizzard wants people to return.

>inb4 hurr get a job poorfag

Clearly not the point.

>kul-tiras
>doesn't have dinosaurs
>zandalar
>has dinosaurs
its pretty clear which is the better leveling continent

>yfw challenge mode dungeons are dead and never coming back

good pasta

depends on if i'm occupied with another game

>when you had to stance dance
>When you rejoin the game and stances are straight up gone
I'm still mad
What?

check your quest log and look at the color of the quest name text

Right now is the most fun I have had tanking.

Fights require you to be on your toes, but the entire thing isn't a wipe if you're 0.01% out of position.

Having Ohshit mechanics as a tank feels better than hoping the healers have their heals synched to the spike damage.

You have a goal to maximize your protection AND damage.

You obviously haven't played at all since the latest patch, because it's impossible to level in Darkshire on a PvP server at the moment.

If it's really a pvp based addon, I will not bother to get it.
I've been playing on a new privat that's pvp and it's an absolute nightmare. Every zone past lvl20 is a shitfest of ganking. Pic related is the only one that was somewhat fun.
Everything else is literally camping complete zones, killing on sight, lvl60s running around to shit on leveling characters. Questing is almost impossible.
People changed a lot these days, it's not some people that pvp, it's a whole server of autists with the only purpose to camp people and I am not looking forward to this on retail

>tfw we're living in the universe where classic comes out and demolishes retail wow and every MMO on the market
>developers catch on to classic's success, and the MMO genre is saved as they revert to the old school style

I don't think he'll betray the horde. He'll probably just respect Anduin more despite their different honor codes. Although hearing Sylvanas make fun of his dead son was infuriating.

>Anyone who disagrees does not deserve to stand among us. So die your warrior's death, High Overlord Saurfang. It means little to me. Perhaps I will raise your broken body to serve me once more. Or perhaps you will have a chance to say hello to your son.
As if raising an orc who wants to die an honorable death wasn't enough, she also had to bring up his dead son who was also raised into undeath.

As of right now each expansion area has a scaling bracket

Vanilla zones 1-60
BC/Wrath 60-80
Cata/Pandaria 80-90
Draenor 90-100
Broken Isles 100-110

You can't outlevel quests until you hit the end of the bracket

and STV.
Hellfire Peninsula is probably a killing ground too.

Honestly if I could have just bought it and rolled a nightborne from the get go I'd have done it. I might go and level up a belf paladin so I can get nightborne as I did want to do paladin again, but I wish they would have been available from the get go. I wouldn't mind chadtrolls being unlocked since that will be a result of the new content.

Is the horde really shit on or is that butthurt? I'm hearing that from a friend but I figured it was horde bias. I'm from the era of green jesus and the horde getting the attention all the time.

>Vanilla WoW
>old school style

Vanilla WoW was to old mmos as modern WoW is to vanilla WoW in terms of ease of access.

What was confusing about the post, user?

Don't you have to flag yourself?

I don't think quests can even go green anymore.

I started a Void Elf Hunter to level for the heritage armor and was 60 by the time I was done with Western Plaguelands. Only zones I did prior to that were Westfall, Duskwood, Redridge, Wetlands, Arathi, and Hinterlands.

>TFW this plays when you first see the city

youtube.com/watch?v=tEsUcsjw6xQ

I liked tanking in MOP when modern tanking systems were first properly implemented with the monk. Especially since they went a little too far and made monks fucking invincible if they were actually good at what they did.

Active mitigation is the absolute best thing about tanking. I agree 100% that tanking being just positioning and dpsing while hoping healers don't fuck up and let you die is terrible. I can't believe people defend that shit. Nowadays you are just as responsible for surviving as any healer is, if not more so, and positioning and awareness still matters.

People are already catching on and converting to the old school style.

The problem was publishers, they still view WOW as the most successful platform, and want to copy everything wrong with WOW and never the good parts.

Which is why every WOW clone in the past few years have been focused entirely around end game instancing and not a seamless open world full of other players doing shit together.

all forms of pvp have always been minigames though

What the zug did you just zuggin say about me, you puny whelp?
I'll have you know I graduated top of my clan in Mok'nathal
and I've been involved in numerous raids on Al-liance and have over 300 confirmed honorable kills.

I am trained in Arms Warfare and am the best axe-thrower in the entire Horde forces.
You are nothing to me but just another target.
I will execute you with precision the likes has never been seen before on Azeroth, I swear on my honor.

You think you can get away with mailing me something like that?
Think again weakling, as you speak I am contacting my secret network of Rogues across Kalimdor,
And your postmaster is being followed right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot.
The Bladestorm that wipes out that pathetic thing you call your life. You're zugging dead, peon.
I can teleport anywhere, anytime and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with a fist weapon.

Not only am I fully trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Warsong war party
and I will use it to it's fullest extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of Azeroth, you little dropping.
If only you could know what raging bloodlust you've brought down upon you, maybe you would have held your zugging tounge.

But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury and you will drown in gar'mak

You're zuggin' dead, pup.

Yeah but if you're 79 and doing quests meant for level 60s that wont get you very far

>Timeless isle pvp
>PvPing in MoP
>PvPing ever
>Actively playing Minigames
God damn how long has /wowg/ been this fucking bad? Does anyone that's not a complete soyboy cuck leave this dogshit general?
Are you a retard?

>MoP monk tanks
>youtube.com/watch?v=GmpDw8djHnE

7.3.5 introduced zone scaling so most zones just scale to whatever level you are. There are exceptions like being level 5 in Outlands

Oh nothing I just didn't realize you lived somewhere terrible

The only thing I disliked about MoP/WoD is that cooldowns were so small it was literally a case of

>Survive for 1min
>Pop big cooldown and be unkillable
>Survive for 1min
>Pop OTHER big cooldown and be unkillable

I wish I was on whatever drugs you are on man. I want to be that out of it.

>WoD Challenge Mode weapons were account-wide
>MoP sets aren't
>Still only have the hunter set

Lets be honest here user. The classic servers are going to be loaded for two weeks then the majority of people will have their fill of it and move on.

>Quests being scattered all over the place instead of at hubs
>That blockade at level 50 or so where you have no quests to do and must just grind on mobs all day.
>Actually having to talk to people to get a dungeon going then actually having to walk to that dungeon
>DPS having to control their aggro and actually not even press all their buttons so tanks can hold aggro.
>Half the specs being only viable in pvp or in 5 man dungeons.
>Have to sit and eat after every single fight.
>No big ring on your map telling you where to go, gonna have to punch it into thottbot.
>Reagents for your spells

The modern MMO player will reject all of this

>"Active tanking"
>its just spamming a DPS rotation to build defensive resources rather then threat
lol you MOP fags never fail to be retarded

How long until the engine is at its absolute peak of graphics capability?

No because Duskwood is contested territory for some reason.

I'm interested to see what happens to the kids under 20 if this happens, given that they have been suckling the teat of instant gratification tablet games in their formative years. Do they get hooked or would this shift just be for oldfags who have money but no time, therefore being unable to really dedicate themselves to old school style?

The modern MMO player is already rejecting the vastly improved leveling system in current WoW because "it takes too long"

Once people try Classic to see what the hubub is about and realize they're on foot until 40 they're gonna drop it like a hot potato

If dps rotations were reactionary based on what the boss/mobs were doing and related to your own health bar, then maybe.

What they're doing is making it so that on all servers you opt in to world pvp and then they take all those players and try and put them in the same instances so maybe you can find a fight without having to try and grief someone into hopping on an alt.

If you don't like pvp and don't opt in it's like being on a non-pvp server.

velfs are cool

dumping stuff to bring people back into reality what a pvp based server feels like

For like 6 months in WotLK Survival was THE DPS spec.

And that's better that....

>Stacking Defence/Dodge/Parry and Spamming Shield block

Or even better

>Just stacking armor and dodge as a Druid

is it true that they're changing the vanilla UI?

Probably, even if it will only be a few months.

Isnt there a new pvp system where you have to flag if you want to pvp at all tho?

Survival was mandatory due to "Free mana guys"

thats not until Battle for Azeroth itself. We're on 7.3, not 8.0

The culture of the Horde has completely changed. With Garrosh' rule all orcs became big insane pyscho murderer racists that alienated the other members of the Horde. So it no longer has that family culture or that band of out casts feel.

Thrall was a likable character in WC3 but everything they did to him in Warcraft turned him into a faggot. Once Voljin dies Sylvanas takes the throne and not a single person calls bullshit. Forsaken became the main fighting force of the Horde and the first thing she does as Warchief is to abandon the Horde at Stormheim and get her ass kicked by a werewolf.

Now we're going into BFA where Saurfang reminds her he is an Orc and he wont use her dishonorable tactics to which she responds by threatening to murder him and raise his corpse as a zombie.

Horde aint Horde anymore. Its a fake horde composed of elves, pandas and forsaken masqerading as the real horde.

I would but only on a low pop private server. At least the elitism isn't as strong and the low pop forces people to cooperate and act kind and helpful.

I've been subscribed since Legion dropped, except when I was travelling for work for a few months, and I'm excited for BFA. I've been waiting for sub-races for a while but I'm a little disappointed in the implementation and choices so far, and worry about the future of the system itself.

For example: Void Elves being void themed makes me think we'll never get playable Ethereals as that was a big part of their lore and is seen on Argus. Dumb lore/gameplay decision. We simply did not need more elves at the cost of another interesting race in Etherals.

I can understand making "allied races" the way they implemented them with their own racials for brand new races, but I don't really think things that should be a customization option need to be an entirely new race like the future implementation of Draenor orcs with brown/blackrock orcs. They're brown skinned orcs, they should have the same racials. Yeah I know you can say "blood fury" is because of the fel taint in green skinned retail orcs, but Orcs were always warriors. It's just not necessary for me to re-roll my orc warrior because I want brown skin.

O I thought that was a thing already

active doesn't automatically mean good, legion tanks feel like you're just doing a rotation anyway, the only decision was ironfur vs. mark of ursol and that was removed from the game

That's coming with BfA

Active tanking was a direct response to Blizzard fucking the threat system in Wrath by making bosses no longer taunt immune, so tanking became an absolute joke to anyone who knew what they were doing.

I know I will. I stopped after "DPS controlling aggro". How am I supposed to do my job, the one role I enjoy in WoW outside of tanking, if I can't do my rotation?

t. Garrosh

But seriously, this is why we say Garrosh did nothing wrong.

Well in actual vanilla the world isn't a memey shitfest and you actually get your spells at low enough levels to not hate yourself even if it does take longer and involve more preparation and maintainence.

Threat was single handedly one of the most retarded mechanics ever that can be summed up in two ways

>Let the Tank wail on the target for 15 seconds

And

>Download the reverse DPS meter now guys!

Well when it comes to the strength of our dollar Canada is a pretty shit place, but at least our children don't kill each other every couple weeks.

Took that just as a memory for what could have been. I guess we kinda got that but yeah whatever

They have pretty great music, makes me wanna hang out in Telogrus
youtube.com/watch?v=njbTXpLHTw0

Preach, brother.

No Elves in my Horde.

>You get your spells at low enough levels

Nigga, you don't get half of your decent spells till level fucking 40.

My only problem with Garrosh is that he destroyed the unity between the Orcs, Tauren and Trolls (Read: The real Horde). After which there was really no turning back. Most of what he did was justified until MOP turned him into a villain for no reason.

I tried rolling alliance but it just feels wrong.

How do you feel about Mag'har joining the Alliance?

In Vanilla it boiled down to that, but in TBC when if a tank knew what they were doing they weren't going to lose threat it allowed for some different tank mechanics when dealing with bosses

Take Bloodboil for example, it needed three tanks who were all keeping in line with each other by using their abilities to their fullest so that they would swap threat with each other when necessary for the debuff and as well as not lose threat during the aggro wipes, and then knowing when to pop your defensive shit when it's your turn to tank

I don't even remember the last time aggro wiping was even a boss mechanic.

>she responds by threatening to murder him and raise his corpse as a zombie.
>Perhaps I will raise your broken body to serve me once more. Or perhaps you will have a chance to say hello to your son.
You just know in the end of all this, Sylvanas will get portrayed as the right one.

at least Baine? is still a good leader

can't say the same for Rokhan since he's done basically nothing since succeeding Vol'jin

Found the butthurt carebear

yes, its not like I've got anything else going on in my life OP.

You mean a fucking Tank Swap, but made a pain because you had like a 1/10 chance of missing your Taunt?

Aggro Wiping has been a mechanic if a few fights, but it's not used often because it's fucking shit.

Aggro was a shit mechanic that was used exclusively to Limit Damage in an uncreative way.

Fantastic. I cannot wait to be the purest form of Warrior possible; untainted by fel, no shadow magic from a human blade (artifact shit)

This is literally all I've ever wanted for my Warrior headcanon

Not him, I'd be okay with it as long as it was the Draenor orcs with Rulkan (Ner'zhul's wife) who are already established as coexisting with the SMV draenei and Alliance. Mag'har (our timeline) are already too rooted into Horde culture that if it were them even my Blizz-cock-gobbling-ass would probably be upset.

I will never not be buttsore about Garrosh's character assassination.

Sounds like protoss music

Baine got removed from the High Mountain quest line and hasn't spoken about how Sylvanas is an insane bitch. the best we got was him snorting and lifting his brow when she got named Warchief. He has a lot of potential but I doubt he'll actually do anything.

I've got my eye on the news coming out of the Alpha but the Horde as a faction is just repulsive to me in its current state. I played as a Death Knight through legion since they aren't technically part of the Horde. But BFA is all about faction war so I wont have that out anymore

Wait, you willingly rolled on a PvP server as a little bitch and then come here to complain about it?

>1/10 chance of missing your Taunt?

He was immune to taunts

Bosses being immune to taunts was common, so you didn't taunt, you dropped your aggro and let the next tank in line burst his way to the top.

He also threatened to gas the Jews, So there is that.

Every expansion blizzard rope you all back in and every expansion they drop the ball, why the fuck do you idiots keep falling for this shit? It peaked at ulduar and has been in decline ever since.

Still playing this game is the equivalent of having stockholm syndrome, or autism, your pick.

>Assassinate Garrosh's character because people scream "not muh Thrall"
>Kill him within one expansion
>Ever since the Lich King's death Sylvanas has been becoming just as bad, and eventually far worse than he ever was
>She gets a pass because she's a woman in a leadership role
>If rumors are to be believed she even gets away with killing her living sister who lost her husband to the Horde demolishing a city

let's be honest people only like MoP tanking because they want to be OP with broken Vengeance and top both dps and healing meters

Its free so why not?

No.

Oh right.

Even more fun, a boss being immune to taunts was fucking shit.

>Let the Tank hit it for 20 seconds guys.
>Then stop hitting it and do fuck all

Baine has some good shit in the books but it's in the books so only me and maybe 5 other fags even know about it. He basically picks up Sylvanas, squeezes her a bit, and says "I ain't no bitch." and it rightfully spooks her.

To be fair his dad died in a book too, in between WotLK and the Cata pre-patch Cairne just disappeared. I still remember all the people gathered around him before the server went down for the patch.

No, I quit in the abomination that was WoD and I have no faith in that the subsequent expansions have rectified any of the issues.

It's a shame because Mists of Pandaria was, bar a few problems, a geniunly good expansion that I would rank on pair with Wotlk.

You can't fix the leveling any more. All that phased instanced bullshit kills any feeling of being in a world with other people, and even though they made it theoretically plausible for mobs to maybe threaten hurting you once in a while, they also phased and instanced everything even more making everything scale to your level putting you in an artificial leveling world just for you. These are horrible choices for an MMORPG. The only hope for WoW is if they start developing new content and patches in Classic and this time not making all the horrible mistakes that killed the game.

I honestly prefer Legion tanking as I feel like doing good Damage is a sign of a good tank, but I don't top the meters and I still have my active skills.

Making a shaman as my first Alliance alt to try out Kul-tiras.
Which race should I pick? It sucks none of the allied races can be Shamans, but whatever.

>playing WoW like an mmo and not like a single player campaign for 2 weeks until max level and then quitting until next expansion

>it's free
what?

Because people could do it on a Warrior and get everything in WOD. Blizz recognized that they fucked up and fixed it with the token.

Why is it even a choice?

Dwarf.

Dwarf

With maxed order hall followers i cam afford 1 token a month. I have 3 maxed order halls. For the low cost of pushing a few buttons on my cell phone every 3 hours I have enough gold for 3 tokens a month.

Dwarf is the most Horde alliance race so its what I would go with. I imagine Orcs and Dwarves would be total bros if history had gone a different way

>alliance shaman
just stop, you faggot
same goes for all you horde paladins

Mistakes were made, I haven't played on a pvp server in years. In addition this server is using blizzlike patches and this was the stage of the pvp rank system got introduced, but not bgs yet, so people literally camped flight points of cities to farm honor on people and a good amount of people just left the server

Yeah, that's what I was leaning towards. Draenei are a little too sci-fi for my liking.

yeah but the expansion is like 45€

You can turn tokens into blizzbucks

Seriously? Theres no pvp servers on classic? FUCKING DROPPED

Doesn't the main class designer for modern wow play the game on a fucking pen tablet?

>for the low cost of doing garrison shit 240 times a month

"Anyone who doesn't miss the old pvp rank system has no heart. Anyone who wants it back has no brain"
-adolf hitler

>excluding all the hours needed to max a character and max the hall

dumbass, 1 hour of work irl versus 100 hours of "work"

Blizzard can't write female characters. Or more accurately Blizzard can't write characters. Or maybe Blizzard can't write.

They look pretty good in the right gear

>She gets a pass because she's a woman in a leadership role

Dear god I'm tired of hearing this whenever Garrosh's assassination comes up. fucking /r9k/

No. He was also never the lead designer of anything, just another developer

Yeah, they look cool.
I'm still mad about there being no Dark Iron shamans though, it seems like a reasonably logical fit with their connection to Ragnaros and stuff.
I say they give Dark Irons shamans and Zandalari paladins to balance it out.

nobody ever said that. PvP servers no longer exist in modern because if you flag for pvp you get phased in to play with all the other pvp flagged people, and if you unflag you play with all the carebears.

>Dark Iron Shamans
Fuck that I want Wildhammer

>More rental gear in place of actual character progression that's timegated as fuck and will be taken away next xpac
>Warfronts aren't PvP
>Wpvp opt-in which will only make imbalanced battlegroups more lopsided
>Replacing previously baseline abilities as talent and packaged as, "cool and new"
>many talent rows still heavily unbalanced so there's little choice
>Azerite*cough*Aritfact Power*cough* grind is coming back coupled with the same timegated AK crap
>They are taking flavor abilities away that have been in the game for years and for no reason. Goodbye Unending Breath and Mind Control. Path of Frost and Farsight are next

Nope

Faction War is inherenly boring as fuck because they don't have the balls to have 1 side really "win".

If one side gets a major victory, then the other will be given one in return. Or there'll be small victories that don't matter.

There'll be no races defecting or 1 side surrendering. Just bland, safe shit

as it should be

It is no where close to that much work. You unlock all those followers just by doing the story lines. All of the order hall shit can be done from your cell phone. You are greatly exagerating how hard it is to make 180k.

I would come back to retail WoW if they removed transmogs. A character should earn what he looks like and represent his achievments through visuals. If someone is bad, he doesn't deserve it

what's th e comfiest healing class atm?

>Trust nobody

Fuck this Highlord Kruul challenge

it will always be pathetic to play games like a cosmetic farming chinaman

At that point they should just add different tattoos for all races in the barber shop.

>Legion coming out
>get excited
>might start loving WoW again
>buy the expac
>play it for a month
>lose interest
>stop playing and forget WoW exists
I'm not falling for this again.

One of my favorite things in WoW is to make Transmogs that look like old Warcraft 3 units.

So fuck you spergo, I'm sorry you get butthurt your welfare tier you get after cutting edge content is laughed at.

Yeah, it looks great.

oh i see
how do you make so much money with just the class hall though?
weird that blizzard would allow any pleb to make so much and get free game time

this, there's nothing fun about the faction war aspect of wow because it only progresses by the developers writing their fanfiction.net tier story, and gains and losses will always be equal. There are no actual faction war game elements, just instanced BGs. A faction war based MMORPG should have the factions able to capture each others' territory or at least have some designated neutral territories to control (they tried this in TBC and original EPL but it all amounted to a hill of beans because they never had the balls to actually have the control status have any meaningful effect either for the victors or the losers because then carebears and the fucking proliferation of tiny ghost town unbalanced servers would bitch)

>Blizzard decides its time to clear the table and starts using Sylvanas and Nathanos as some genocidal duo to rid the setting of redundant characters
>Med'an, Vereesa, Tyrande, Tess Greymane, Garona, Valeera, Calia Menethil, Saurfang, Velen, Muradin, Falstad, Thrall, Lorewalker Cho, Taran Zhu, Hogger, the entire Alternate Universe Draenor, the Vindicaar, Turalyon and his son, All the Blod Elf leaders barring Lor'themar, Magatha Grimtotem, Moira's son, the entire Illidari leadership, Acherus and Matthias Shaw get blighted and remain dead because Sylvanas uses some retarded void god magic to erase them all from all timelines like the manabomb did with Theramore

You can spout all the gibberish you want. Ill still be here playing WoW for free and only logging in twice a week to raid.

That doesn't make any sense. Nobody will laugh at bad gear if people just use t6 or some meme outfit to cover it.
Maybe the sims is a better game for you

>Lorewalker Cho
:(

No one really cares desu
I just mean I won't be paying any more per month

>Nobody will laugh at bad gear

Nobody laughed at bad gear to begin with other than those with Welfare epics you fucking inbred.

>>If rumors are to be believed she even gets away with killing her living sister who lost her husband to the Horde demolishing a city
Please god tell me this is true or give some form of source user I'm begging ya

>>Assassinate Garrosh's character because people scream "not muh Thrall"
>Kill him within one expansion

Is this some sort of meme? Why do people think this? Garrosh has been around since TBC and had a pretty damn consistent character ever since. Yes, good job, there's a quest in Stonetalon where he kills a general who just literally murdered women and children for no apparent reason, and even there he's ruthless.

>TBC
>Me sad dad ded Nagrand float
>Wrath
>ME HATE ALLIANCE NOW
>Cata
>Me honor no forsake bitch
>MoP
>Old Gods lol

transmog purposes

>had a pretty damn consistent character ever since

dwarves are the only acceptable alliance race

I skipped the last exp because they removed my class from the game (2h frost DK)

Everything except Worgen and Pandas*

there are a metric fuckton of quests. You will never run out. i remember watching a documentory for this game and a critic said there is about 64,000 "missions" in the game. That was during vanilla

>pretty damn consistent character ever since.

>TBC a weak and cowardly leader
>WOTLK a dumb hothead who doesn't mind getting his own people killed
>Cata, a leader with morals who won't bomb innocents and instructs Sylvanas to find a way to win without committing war crimes
>MoP, literally commits war crimes himself and even bends over using Old God powers to try and win. Happy to bomb zones full of innocents without warning
>WoD shitty quest sidecharacter who dies in questing zones

Cata

Warcraft humans are cool though, just not Stormwind ones.

>any elf even tolerable at all
no

Would someone just post blood elf butts already?

I want to impregnate a Night Elf

Garrosh is like the fucking polar opposite of consistency. It made sense at first, going from a whiny moper to a brash, headstrong warrior and then growing up into what could be a proper Warchief. Then MoP happened and they needed to set someone up as a big bad raid boss because they couldn't not have a big bad raid boss, even when they said they won't have a big bad raid boss villain.

>I hope they make some good changes to WoW and bring back world pvp man.
user they are removing PVP servers, world pvp is going to be taken off life support.
It really bothers me that Nu Blizzard just keep removing fun things for no reason, maybe all those years of pve babbies stuck on pvp servers finally got to them.

It's a lot of work to get a class hall up to snuff. I've got 11 of them going and it's pretty nice, but I've chipped away at it casually the whole expansion. I make roughly 2x the price of a token every month and I just log in and do my rounds once a day (waaaaay too lazy to check the app every few hours).

That fight is such a boring shitshow to heal

Baine needs to become Chieftain of the Horde if so we can have a leader who isn't a total fucking retard for once.

>Killing levels 60s in Thrallmar is World PVP
El retardo oscuro...

Why does Sylvanas suddenly have a retarded lisp?

they were getting made fun of on twitter for lolcorrupting garrosh so they asspulled "no for serious he's in control and hitler now"

Don't they change her VA every other expansion? Her voice is so inconsistent.

Baine?

At best you can argue a big change between TBC and WotLK, but that's it. There's a clear line there. He fucking attacked Varian and Alliance on neutral ground in WotLK, he kicked out every non-orc non-tauren in Cata and bombed Theramore, while pretty much every other leader in the Horde called him a hothead warmonger.

Stop pretending he did a 180 in MoP: that's never been true. Note how much of the Horde he still has there - that they're villains to the player character doesn't forgo that, they even had Nazgrim there as a proxy to show that his honor for the most part is still intact.

he's a big guy

They're not going to have leaders who aren't at least somewhat prejudiced and retarded because the Alliance v Horde thing is something that needs to go on forever

Well apparently becoming the Warchief eventually turns you into a total fucking retard, magnifying the bad traits of your character to comical proportions
>Thrall: Becomes a peacemonger
>Garrosh: Becomes an insane warmongering tyrant
>Vol'jin: Becomes a dead support character from a literally who supporting character
>Sylvanas: Becomes the Lich King 2.0

I guess Baine would just hold council meetings to procrastinate up until Anduin is knocking on on the door of Grommash Hold while Genn is busy raping a Nightborne arcanist in the background

Literally nobody gives a fuck about Baine. I'm sorry, but he barely exists. Even Gallywix has a bigger presence than him purely because every other Goblin npc namedrops him.

No one gave a fuck about Sylvanas either and look where we are.

Baine was going to have a whole story plot in Highmountain, but they shelved it in order to give gallywix a new model

He does now, he's with you most of the way of the Highmountain unlock chain which is long as fuck

all the fucking addicts will return for a month or two, the cycle just repeats itself.

You will, we all do.

This game is a trap. You have to be a fool to walk into it. Or just do it for 30 days of nostalgia like a filthy fucking tourist.

>It peaked at ulduar and has been in decline ever since.

Good post.

>Alliance
>Hey, here's a portal, just jump n there and be teleported to the area you need to quest in
>Horde
>Nightborne: Do a 5 minute cutscene
>Highmountain: JOHN FUKKEN MADDEN WHEN WILL THE FLYING AROUND FUCKING END

I wanted to off myself when the quest told me to go to the top fucking peak.

This notion that for there to be war the leaders have to be total retards is so fucking bad. You can write good characters while having eternal conflict, they aren't mutually exclusive. Blizzard just has fucking awful writers and an even more awful fandom that gives them a pass on everything.

It's looking good so far. I think it's gonna be MoP 2.

I love my allied cuties.

I agree, we should have no content for these things whatsoever. Just unlock it, hell, give them a free 110 boost too, my ADHD can't stand it otherwise.

No I don't give a fuck about WoW.

Since when are Sylvanas or Anduin retarded? I don't get it. Varian and Garrosh maybe, to a certain extent, in that they were a bit too gung-ho about it, but honestly the leaders have never been particularly retarded.

>lightforged in scarlet tabard
I didn't know I was this autistic, but here I am mildly annoyed you've done this.

I know right? we in this sub gotta defend the elven leader of an entire nation of humans that allied themselves (with no mind fuckery at all, nope) with the orcs that they probably fought when they were alive and is actively trying to make more of them because... Oh and dont forget how she still tries to develop blight with the intention of...

ummm... YASS BANSHEE QUEEN SLAY?

>can just go right to Northrend at 60 now
>can actually do Grizzly Hills all the way through without it becoming irrelevant quickly

That's why I did it, kiddo.

jesus christ nu-Cred Forums is a curse

I will be legitimately surprised if Classic isn't just 30 bucks with subscription afterwards.

If they add transmogs to classic im staying in classic and farming for the tiny amount of slutmogs available

nah they ruined hunters and class fantasy of most classes

What the fuck

I wish the questing in Grizzly Hills was better. I love the zone's looks, but goddamn, Dragonblight, Icecrown, and Storm Peaks are just way more interesting to do.

wow dude you totally owned that guy!
EDIT: sent you some gold good sir!!

Keep yer feet on tha ground

2H frost has always been shit to play, it's even more braindead than DW because it has even fewer procs. You are actually a fucking troglodyte if you think it was good.

CRB was in vanilla, it was one of the huge patches, either before or after naxx, called Drums of War
its also the patch that every vanilla server runs

don't samefag, it's embarrassing

YA STAND BEFORE MOIRA, QUEEN RULER OF THE DARK IRON DWARVES

WATCH YER TOUNGE

nah

what's all this shit about WotLK and dungeon finder killing the game?
wasn't dungeon finder in TBC?

The music is still some of the best music in WoW
youtube.com/watch?v=TUoXIZ1Rz-0

No that was LFD, basically craigslist but it served no function other than getting rid of spam in tradechat

>Dragonblight

Shit taste.

>he doesnt know how to check for samefags
OH NO NO NO NO

>crimson tempest is back

I want to impregnate Lia Marie Johnson

>Icecrown
Easily the funnest zone, but holy fuck it's got so much group content that makes it almost unfinishable if you can't solo it or get lucky with group finder.

Dragonblight has legit fun questing to do, at least Horde side (no idea how it is Alliance side). I literally just did it - infiltrating the giant Scarlet base is fun, and has a lot of good writing.

You're alright in my book.
Dragonblight is a fucking bore.

Just go back to MoP Survival.

DARK IRONED

I don't' think they're doing shit for Pallies.

Shut up drone

>vanilla dps rotation
Careful user you dont want to hurt your fingers pressing Frost Bolt

>if I can't do my rotation
wait for 3 sunders duh

>they took away glyph of demon hunting
>they took away mannoroth's fury
>they ruined every single warlock spec

Why would I want to go back?

Worst character.

>this is the Dwarven leader that gets the most limelight

Lets just forget Muradin and Falstad, lets put this race traitor and her half breed son to the forefront.

No wonder only a small sector of the Dark Irons wish to follow this slag. I wouldn't either.

Funnily enough, you can track the quality of WoW as a whole by plotting how relevant AV was as a battleground at the time.

>asked to wait 5 seconds
>that one rogue just can't do it

Isn't Falstad dead?

>Return for expansion.
>Fun for months.
>Friends start playing.
>Realize its massive flaws.
>Quit.

Repeat.
WoW is amazing for just chilling with your bros, and then you get burnt out, realize it sucks, and wonder why you did it.

>they completely changed Discipline priest and made it into a fucking meme that doesn't resemble the original spec at all

I know your feel warlock bro. It's a shame, Warlocks were amazingly fun and cool through cata and mop. I don't understand why they had to cock it up so bad.

Who /assassination/ here

What I don't get is this last portion.

You don't have to wonder why you did it. You and your friends can just enjoy the ride and move on. Savoring those memories.

this.

except i keep on playing cos my friends play and its part of my social life

Disc still feels really clunky, but it's a lot better than it was at the beginning of Legion. Ironically holy is pretty fun for the first time since they killed downranking.

I would love to be in the mind of one of these people for a few moments. Getting kicked in the dick for all of your health every time is empirical evidence that just DOESN'T REGISTER with them.

too bad, disc already ruined three expansions

>warlocks in mop
what did they have to go and fuck it up. honestly mop had the best class designs post wotlk

Yeah holy actually wasn't bad to play since I swapped to it from disc. Honestly, Disc wasn't even that bad/unfun to play after it got a bit of love, it just didn't actually feel like discipline priest anymore and I couldn't get into it. I can't see myself coming back to the game simply because I literally played Disc since classic (I know, shut up) so a big part of the game is just permanently dead to me.

was intrigued by the changes to atonement but putting plea on people gets old really fast
reminds me of the wrath days where you did nothing but shield the raid over and over

>new wow exp comes out
>buy it
>play it for 1-2 months
>get bored and quit
>wait for next exp

Anyone else does this?

King's honor, friend

>I literally played Disc since classic (I know, shut up)
Truly we are brothers in the light that hurts. Being the IDS bitch was just my excuse to be disc all the time.

>outhealing full holy pugs because they would OOM themselves spamming max rank spells
God I miss downranking.

>used to have macros to target specific annoying shaman totems with downranked Fire Blasts

Truly it was a better age.

Yeah. Every time baby.

It was such an easy implemented line drawn between great players and adequate players. I think that's what I crave most from Classic.

I do this

Except I start at the prepatch and clear all the released content that was timegated for the expansion.

How's the raiding scene?

>pvp videos of BIG NAMERS that people loved where they would actually open their spellbook and click abilities mid-combat

Honestly back then if you didnt keyboard turn you were probably instantly above like 80% of the playerbase.

CRB rarely ever is a thing on private servers though because they're usually only one server.

BONESTOOOORRM

Nope, even if they made some really badass allied races that I always wanted.

I actually considered it and had strong urge when they revealed Kul Tiras but fuck it.

This game is DEAD and it is SHIT. Fucking garbage.

Why?

>instanced pvp is pretty much only pvp
>if u play on pvp server, enemies walk around next to each other as if they are same faction, nobody gives a fuck about attacking other ppl in world
>if u attack a noob pvefaggot in open world he will kill you cause of his noob raid gear
>no resilience pvp gear
>instanced pvp scaling WUT
>huge time sinks
>all classes are pretty much same at this point, press cooldowns to win

Naw. Legion is probably the best WoW has been in years but the community is unsalvageable dogshit.
Classic WoW is probably worse then legion in every way except leveling and communication outside high end content.
Add that with the new age community and I don't want to play either nu WoW or classic retail.

>Removing PVP servers

If anything, I won't ever touch this fucking game again lol

wPVP has been in a bad spot, and instead of fixing it they're now just removing it and replacing it with some meme shit minigames like bounties ripped from that gay ass MOP timeless isle coin farm.

I'm honestly interested in how things are going to play out now that most of the knowledge on how to get the most out of your class is well documented. I remember getting accused of hacking for running through keyboard turners.

Already did, it's fun in it's current patch desu famalam

I really want to see how fast dedicated tryhards can beat raids. People always used to say there just tons of gearwalls, but I wonder how small those walls are going to be when people already know every single facet of every single encounter.

ANT is a well tuned raid. Heroic is kinda easy until you reach Coven though. Once you hit that the fights are pretty well designed and are the right mix of personal responsibility and raid teamwork but not complete dogshit bullshit like mythic KJ where one mistake from one person is an instant wipe.

Pugging is still cancer though. Expect shit groups or groups with INSANE REQUIREMENTS.

>AOTC 950 min checking logs Normal ABT

No fuck you normal is fucking easy as shit. Even though I already have this shit on my main fuck you thinking im grinding that shit on an alt.

I really like how the new leveling system lets me skip Outland and Cataclysm entirely. Getting to do Pandaria for 10 levels is a godsend.

You act like most of that stuff wasn't around already years ago.