Brave Fencer Musashi

What does Cred Forums think of this game?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL4A9348AFB63EBB15&v=kZXtRRylG9M
youtube.com/watch?v=63TkTVtTNp8&list=PL4A9348AFB63EBB15&index=35
youtube.com/watch?v=_26-7g5sq2k
m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL60E25445A0C657E9&v=RTefaZXXBlo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Looks cool, but too dated for me to try.

Fun outside the terrible backtracking.

Like a lot of Square PS1 games, quirky little thing that lives on charm more than quality of execution.
Still very much worth trying. If it works for you it's very nice.
I wish I managed to make it run on my PSP.

top 3 of all time for me

>all those food puns

i am ashamed how long it took me to realize that

It's fun as fuck for when it came out

It's pretty good, aside from Steamwood. I really enjoyed how the Wisdom stat grew from just moving around. That in-the-background growth from simply exploring the world and experiencing more of it had a nice feeling to it whenever it grew. I remember not knowing how to save properly as a kid so I never saw more than the beginning areas until I revisited it (to the point where I thought Rootrick was the main villain. To this day I've gone through almost the whole thing but can't bring myself to finish the final chapter since I didn't want it to end. I also loved how condensed the world was, especially when finding some of scrolls/crests essentially hidden in Alucaneet's backyard.

Bretty gud

Got stuck cause I was 12 and didnt have internet to look up where to go

Worst fucking ending I've seen in my life

still somewhere in my top 20 games ever
such a shame the ps2 one was just so... meh

Got it for the FF8 demo. Stayed for the awesome game. Music was fucking great too. I got stuck on those fucking boiler puzzles for way too long though

Cool and good.

didn't it have a secret ending you could get? Or was that just early 2000s internet rumors?

10/10 ost and im not memeing

m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL4A9348AFB63EBB15&v=kZXtRRylG9M

>10/10 ost
you're goddamn right. Still one of the best boss themes I've ever heard

youtube.com/watch?v=63TkTVtTNp8&list=PL4A9348AFB63EBB15&index=35

>such a shame the ps2 one was just so... meh
oh yeah, that happened

we don't talk about the ps2 one...

seriously, one of the biggest disappointments of that gen for me. I was so fucking hyped for it too

it started my career as an artist, i remember drawing this little faggot so many times. god speed square soft and thanks.

Square's best game

Is it just my bad memory was that game an ugly as fuck blurry mess to look at?

it was all drab browns and dull greens, you're remembering it correctly

I luv it, it has a great adventure feel. Only part I hate is the steam tree part

WOAH

JUMP

yea that's probably everyones worst spot

GET AQUALIN

One of Square's best PS1 games, easily. None of it has really aged aside from the graphics. The combat and controls are simple and responsive enough to not be frustrating even all these years later.

Though for me personally, it's in my top 3 games ever, I fucking love Brave Fencer Musashi. In Monster Hunter World I made a purple Palico and named him Musashi.

HOLY SMOKES

I can't even remember any of the levels except for the beginning with the cat and that shitty miny

AH HA HA HA
YALL GON' GET A LICKIN

HERE GOES NOTHIN'

YOU LITTLE TURD

There were so many fucking good games in the year this game released. Squaresoft were too good for this world.

>The gold fish poop gang all die
>The dancer gets electrocuted
That was a little far...

Dance or die bro.

Yeah, fucking rip Squaresoft. PS1 Squaresoft reached Capcom levels of "I'm going to buy this shit just because it has their name on it."

best girls

Great game but like most RPGs on the PSX it was over bogged with dumbass mechanics that make it more cryptic than exciting.
The game has day and night cycles, a sleep meter, a hungry meter, everything you do levels up different parts of your character, like using one sword levels up that sword meter, then you gotta use the other sword to level up that sword meter, then you gotta run around to level up your feet meter, kill enemies to level up you hero meter. It also has this villager mechanic where you save villagers so your village meter goes up, you can throw your sword at enemies to steal their powers, it has weird crash bandicoot mechanics. It's all over the goddamn place.

Having said that though, real kickass game. Deserves at least one playthrough despite not being able to 100% it in one go. I thought the ending was great and the music is phenomenal.
youtube.com/watch?v=_26-7g5sq2k
The whole air fortress sequence fucking rules.

I loved all the food related names

>Grillin Village
>Allucaneet Palace
>Sodadrink Fountain
>Thirstquencher Empire

It's a great fucking game

might be my favorite game of all time. i try and replay it once every year

I really like a good amount of the game, but the grind can get ridiculous if you wanna max out your stats

ok everyone, question time

Legendary Quilt?
or
Legendary Gloves?

Amazing game, stellar OST. Twin Peak Mountain theme is burned into my brain for the rest of my life.

m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL60E25445A0C657E9&v=RTefaZXXBlo

left up up right up up right up up left up up up up

Relic Keeper > Skullpion > Frost Dragon > Tower of Death

Hi my name is user and you've just done a great thing by posting one of my favorite games so I'm gonna do you all a favor and dissect the cover of this game

First off not wasting any time, bam right there in the center is the hero of this game. No bullshit no bells and whistles that is your dude. Look at this fucker: in one big popeye hand he has a katana, useful for throwing and absorbing any poor sap dumb enough to get in his way. He is basically Kirby but with an extra stabbing element added, making him much more deadly.

In another big popeye hand is Lumina, a big fucking claymore that can talk, make whirlwinds and shoot lightning bolts. Musashi is racially inclusive and knows how to use weapons from all hemispheres of the earth. And he doesn't even need to change out of his bed clothes, this nigger can just fall the fuck asleep whenever you want. There is a goddamn sleep BUTTON. That's some realism survivalist shit if you've never seen it before

now behind Musashi, look at this fucking castle. That castle is big as fuck. You will definitely be storming this castle not even five minutes after putting this shit in your PSX. Don't even doubt it. And next to the castle, look at this dragon. As if everything else wasn't enough already. those sharp teeth could tear through anything, and be damned if his throat isn't pimped the fuck out with jewels. Musashi isn't scared of the dragon at all; Look at that goddamn triumphant stride. Nothing can stop this dude.

To top it all off, you know what you get for investing in this game? A PLAYABLE FFVIII demo CD. But whatever, you won't have time for triple triad once you stab your katana into the first enemies face and start absorbing amazing abilties like "GUN". That's right, Musashi is basically Dante. But stronger. Let it sink in, do yourself a favor and play this goddamn game.

I only ever played it on this PS1 demo I had. I loved it.
I have a problem with emulating games and then not finishing, or getting a new pc and losing my progress and lose hope trying to finish.

Wild 9 and Brave Fencer Musashi, games I wish I had.

Just emulate it man, it's a very good game. During that PS1 era of 3D games this is one of the ones that still holds up control-wise.

Loved the game.

I remember being terrified of Vambees going around town during the night.

When I got under the bar to kill the source of them I was so fucking happy that I could finally kill them.

>Looks cool
>I could easily emulate and try it out, but nah, fuck it, I'm lazy and a complete faggot

I got it half off at a used game store because it was missing the FF7 demo disk. Fuck yea

Seems like the gloves had the more useful effect.

Quilt is rendered useless in the final area since you dont need to sleep so
Gloves is the optimal choice

You know, I bought that sequel like everyone else who expected a game as good as the first one. I know pretty early on that it wasn't going to be nearly as good, but I finished it to completion anyway.
And I gotta say, after it was over, I still enjoyed the sequel. Still better than anything that's come out in the past 10 years.