Are indie games become better than AA and AAA games?

are indie games become better than AA and AAA games?

No but we have lower expectations of them, and people praise them solely for being indie games, even if they're shit.

They've got different strengths. As somebody who gets pretty impatient with exposition in games indies are my jam, but there are lots of good AA games and some good AAAs as well. People are too hard on AAA games. I don't play many of them, but I wouldn't call them bad.

just because hollow knight is fantastic, doesn't mean all the other indie games are too

If anything I'd say AA games are putting more effort forth nowadays. They don't have big advertising budgets to market a game to all the normalfags and word of mouth helps a lot with them so they actually need to put some effort into it.

This is also a good point people are tend to overlook flaws when its an indie game they only paid $15-20 dollars for.

They have been for a while now.

Not really. Some of them are in terms of gameplay, but not always in polish.
Most indie games are literal feces, but every now and then there are some great ones.
>hollow knight
>shovel knight
>a hat in time
>crypt of the necrodancer
just to name a few

>crypt of the necrodancer
>good

microtransactions are the regenerating health of this generation, expect them to be in every AAA game from here on out. at least indie games are still actual games

Well, what's wrong with it?

its endorsed by anita so people here hate it

Some of them are good but I think it's more that AAAs are all shit. Not sure what counts as AA.

It really isn't a good idea to wrap everyone up in a blanket statement like that.
We had perfectly fine Necrodancer threads at the time of release.
Also, I completely forgot who the fuck that person was until you brought her up again.

>are indie games become better
???

you know what he meant faggot

Quite a few of them are. They're better than AAA games (bloated microtransacitons with most funds blown on marketing) but not AA games.

No.

Long answer:
The best 0.01% of indies is great, however even that is just small scale vidya and can't hope to compete with these huge games that AAA studios are pumping out, so yeah there are great indie platformers etc.

I'll even take just sub set of indie games over everything AAA.
If I had to choose I'd take early access over AAA games
I'd take early access over everything released on console in the last 4 years.

Indie games can still do genres that mainstream can't, or won't due, because of no money or zero potential profits. Even Nintendo is shipping off Metroid to Bamco, while Hollow Knight is a great Metroidvania.

They are Billions is also a really good RTS that casuals can enjoy while people with good macro can tune up for challenges. Too bad its like 90% on map RNG

Yeah.

They're great because they'll approach gameplay concepts the AAA space will never touch because they're unlikely to sell well enough. They might not be as big and shinny, but only fucking casuals should care that much about dem graphixxx

Not better than AA games, but definitely better than AAA games, but then again, fucking everything is better than AAA games these days except for mobile garbage.

Can someone give me an example of a AA game? Would it be like a Rising Storm as opposed to a Battlefield or CoD?

I'll play whatever I want, GTA 6 is going to be great, The Witness was great.

I guess overall indie games are all over the place in terms of quality while triple A are more consistently mediocre

99% if indie stuff is unity asset ripoff garbage though

>better than AA and [Japanese] AAA
Typically no, but cashgrab-pixelshit aside they collectively tend to have the most heart put into them.

>are indie games become better than AA and AAA games?
Thy have been for nearly a decade. AAA is especially trash.

Is A Way Out considered indie? The dev team consists of around 40 people, and it has some EA funding, but Josef Fares calls his studio indie. He's also said that EA's involvement is strictly financial, which doesn't seem that different from indie movies. Anyway, I'm more interested in this game than the majority of AA and AAA releases this year. It's original. Plus, even though it's cinematic, it's not a co-op Telltale or Quantic Dream experience; there are actual mechanics and challenges. The constant gameplay variety probably means less polish, but I was able to look past that in Brothers.

Is this a subtle Hollow Knight thread?

Pretty much any small-scale project gets lumped together with indies these days, so I'd say it qualifies. It's kind of borderline though with a dev team that size.

That's a big team.

kill yourself autist

If hollow Knight is an awesome fuckin game that doesn't mean the rest is good.
Good indie games is like finding a chocolat chips in an ocean of diarrhea.

There are good indie games. There are bad indie games. There are good AAA games. There are bad AAA games.

wow

There's at least a good indie game every month

It's always funny to me when I download like 3 AAA games to test them out but I can only get in a few hours into them before I have to trash that shit.
Hundreds of people involved, millions of dollars.
Then I bust out some half broken barely half a game early access indie shit and put in 20 hours.

It's not that indie games are getting better than AAA games so much as AAA budgets are ballooning so much everything else is now considered indie.

How do I find people to make an indie game with? All I can do is make shitty music?

If that's all you can do then you don't. Get better at making music or learn to code. If you actually want input on the game then learn to code.

List nigger.
show me great game this month that it's not pixel vomit.

Them's Fightin' Herds actually looks like a decent fighting game

Can you leave to suck aids flavored dicks please ?

Tell me what's bad about the game mechanically user. I'm all ears

Most indie games are shit. You just have to find the good ones. Most AAA games are shit. You just have to play the good ones.

First developing a fighting games is the hardest shit to do.
Even if they manage to do an average job the theme is abysal.

I don't even know why am I still talking to you. please leave.

>the theme is abysal.

But that's not the mechanics user. It's not like I even like ponyshit you retard I'd never play it because of that, but it doesn't mean the game itself is actually bad

>Even if they manage to do an average job
>But that's not the mechanics user
retarded pony fucker.

But that's not actually critiquing any mechanics shown

What's the difference between A and AA games
Who the fuck had the idea to make such a stupid term to classify games

Don't worry. Soon we'll have AAAA games and drop A games as a concept entirely, just like we did for B games apparently