ITT: recommend rogue-lites and rogue likes, I really like spelunky and caves of qud

ITT: recommend rogue-lites and rogue likes, I really like spelunky and caves of qud.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k_VjknboFaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Cyoj4-niEPc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Brogue is my go to.

Dorf Fort adventure mode. Play game. is good

who is ready for spelunky 2?
youtube.com/watch?v=k_VjknboFaQ

Crypt of the necrodancer is fun

Granted its yasm + spelunky1_1y + tastes like spelunky + the gates of hell spelunky combined.

"roguelikes", not "rogue likes" or "rogue-likes", user.

Also none of them for most players since people who think say, seplunky is equal to a roguelike isn't able to get into them. Twitch controls =/= roguelikes.

With that said, try dugneons of dredmoore, it's basic enough most kids can beat it. Or else try TOME 4, do not pay an ounce to the scam artist piece of shit, though. Just get it for free.

My man.

Slay the Spire, Binding of Isaac, and FTL are my top 3

Dungeon of the Endless is allegedly good. I could never grasp how to play it right, I always end up dead in second area.

Elona+ my dude

thanks for the correction, once i posted a thread with a picture of spelunky and called it a roguelike and everyone toasted my ass, anyway i've played dredmor, amazing game, i managed to beat it on medium difficulty with permadeath on.

yasm? tastes like spelunky? what are these, mods? are they for the original or the hd remake?

Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead. It's in active development with nightly patches coming out every single day. Shit's fucking awesome and there are plenty of mods and tilesets to fit your style. Expect to die a lot at first. Special Agent is an easymode, he starts with decent melee weapon (kukri) and a fairly decent gun.

If you can handle Dredmoore, either ToME 4 or else Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup is next. ToME is more "here's a fuckton of stuff" but DC:SS is pure roguelike and not as easy. But not as hard since there's nothing like the hardest difficulity one shotting you though the hardest difficultity needs you to make specific builds and only a handful of players beat it.

Also Binding of Isaac is a nice game with some roguelike elements and has unlocking it in too

Yet another spelunky mod, and yes they are all mods to the original.

>rogue
It's rouge you mongrel.

If it is top-down with dungeons and shit it's roguelike.
If it has roguelike elements (procedural generation of world is a big one) it's a roguelite.

>a handsome rouge

are you sure? once i called spelunky a "rouge lite" and everyone chewed my ass.

Try Rogue Legacy when it's on sale, even if it's significantly easier than Spelunky it's still fun and worth a playthrough, if not more

he's memeing, it's roguelike.

My nigs.

Enter the gungeon was really fun. I wasn't expecting it to grab me the way it did. I thought it was just another pixel indie game. Rogue legacy was fun too.

To build off on this, nowadays when people say rogue-likes or rogue-lites, they are referring to games with randomly generated stuff or RNG. That's all that really matters is if you understand this distinction. If people actually care how you spell it, you're no better than the ASSFAGGOTS

why is darkgod a scam artist?

How deep you willing to go?

youtube.com/watch?v=Cyoj4-niEPc