Is this as good as it appears?

is this as good as it appears?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dm-8LKGVGiY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yeah, it's pretty shit.

it's pretty good but it's not very long.

good but extremely short
youtube.com/watch?v=Dm-8LKGVGiY

it's good, but it's like 4-5 hours long

I don't understand the praise this game gets. I found it completely mediocre

It's a neat short metroidvania.

>le post ironik, pre-retro, 7-bit pixel graphics

It's pretty good. Quite short though.

Is this an actual Metroidvania or "kind of like Metroidvania but not really"?

i.e.
>interconnected world
>heavy character progression
>power-ups that have an exploration and combat function

Basically I don't want something like Pharaoh Rebirth+ which is a decent game in its own right but is basically a level-based action platformer that just happens to have some Metroidvania elements.

When the fuck will bloodstained come out?

It's got an interconnected world, but not really the other two. Powerups are either combat or exploration focused, not both.

>Dawn of Sorrow above any other Castlevania

It only got metroidvania elements, the game is extremely short.
To access the real end you need to play without getting hit.
>There are like 3 endings
Thats basically the game

Move Environmental Station Alpha up to god tier.

no

it's really mediocre. anyone that claims otherwise is a shill or delusional people who got drawn in by the titty witch and are desperately trying to defend the fact that they wasted money on this game

Where the shit is order of ecclesia?

It's not a metroidvania. And there's no shit tier on the list, so it wouldn't be there anyway.

wut

It's very good, just not very long.

He said its shit user

A fucking leaf

it's pretty good for for a one-br game
it's not especially long tho

The gameplay and combat is alright. But it's a very poor metroidvania. It's so short and small it could have just been a linear game without losing much.

It's pretty shit man, especially compared to actually good games like Rabi Ribi. The exploration is boring and clunky and movement feels bad for the most part, it's a lot of going to point A only to backtrack to where you started after going down a long-ass pit you now need to climb out again, with the jumping and fighting in between being obnoxious rather than entertaining.

It's better than Hollow Knight at least, so there's that.

Great for a momodora game
okay for a metroidvania

>It's not a metroidvania.
Neither is Metroid Fusion then, retarded faggot.

Reminder that its made by a literal sperg who went on insane rants on social media against Cred Forums indie devs for making games that looked similar to xers.

Not him but that's true.

Beat it and got a refund.
Fuck these shitty indie devs who make a 4 hour game and charge for it.

Pretty sure that's not true.

Kero Blaster is the same price right now.

Just sayin'.

I'd take good pixel art over bad normal art
because even though pixel is easier at least you would have to be really skilled at fucking up to do bad pixel art with effort

Having detailed and well animated pixel art isn't that much easier.

Wouldn't disagree

This things on sale for a much bigger price drop, but never heard of it.

I wonder where pic related would fit. I wouldn't call it great but good tier at least.

Looks like a piece of shit riding on Dark Souls success.

The game is ok. People rail about its length but the biggest problem is how the game greatly incentivize using the bow (on hard at least), when using the bow is boring to use.
Also, with the exception of the sword priestess, bosses are pretty shit, with the last boss being just pathetic.
Play Rabi-Ribi if you haven't yet.

It's pretty fun, looks nice and has a relaxing soundtrack but it's pretty short. Expect to beat it in like 5 - 6 hours. Also you should probably start the game on the hardest difficulty, I regretted not doing it on my first playthrough.

My friend loved dust, I haven't asked why yet but what are the reasons it's placed in the meh category on here?

It's mediocre furry bait.

Gameplay wise, it's a poorman's Valdis Story.
Which you should just play instead.

It had cute cat animations so I was sold

Where would this list place the other shantae titles?

They're not really metroidvanias so I didn't include them, but they'd be higher than the ones that are on there. I'd probably have them in Good Tier, they really don't stand out enough to me to put them higher.

I loved it. Anyone played the other Momodora games?

Yeah, they're alright but not really worth your time desu. First two are free if you feel like checking them out anyway.

Dev of that one blatant ripoff spotted.

In meh as well.

Is this list bait? SotN is trash compared to AoS.

>looks like shit
>it's shit
Yes !

It's serviceable, but really short. Good if you've run out of portable castlevanias etc and still want more. Valdis Abyssal Story is much better in the genre.

Salt & Sanctuary belongs in Great/Good Tier

Still haven't played it, actually. I know it's a glaring omission, I need to get around to it.

The graphics look drawn by a 4 years old, including the part where they seem drowned in vomit.

That's a Soulsvania, not a Metroidvania

Please do. Its a love letter to the Souls Games.
If you don't like the artsyle, That's on you man. It still plays like fine wine.
Soulsvania can't be established as a subgenre yet, there isnt' another game like it.

Dead Cells

Touche. I'll only get it once it's out of EA though. Can't wait.

Besides having a healing system similar to estus, not really.

Can it be considered a good entry point for someone who never played something from that genre?

Sure. It's got fairly simple but satisfying action elements and it doesn't overwhelm you with nonlinearity. There are games with more content and more depth as RPGs, but there's nothing wrong with Momodora.

Dandara