What went wrong?

What went wrong?

They literally let it die.

I love how the developers bragged about how many times the game was downloaded, while omitting how one of the patches for the game forced the downloader to download the game a second time.

From what I read, they added pay to win shit that wasn't technically better than things you "could" get from the rest of the game but it would take you a ludicrous amount of time to get something that was close.

They forgot to make a game.

The grind wall started getting annoying around floor 20, ridiculous at 25, and masochistic by 30 shame it died and we will never get the whole OST

It's free to play. I liked the concept, the setting, the visual and sound design etc. but the f2p balance ruins it for me

Free to play cash grab in a nutshell that is flavor of the week. Could have been a cool game, completely ruined by that fact.

>Die in floor 30+
Want to go back? You'll have to pay, goyim.

I read somewhere that the game made descent money and certainly more than most Suda games.

Of course it made a shit ton. The whole game is a trap for dumb Gaijins to spent loads of cash on it.

>level 50 haters, and dev haters, shitting on people on the early floors making it hard for new characters to save your dead character
>the grind at around 20-25 skyrockets with a difficulty curve spike
It would be pretty popular still if it launched on PC. I stopped after my two best characters died, and grinding a new character to save them was super tedious

>dumb gaijins
I would imagine it's more of a thing in Asian countries, they love that grindy stuff. A while back I played this neat twin stick shooter called Alienation. It was fun for the 20 or so hours I played it for, but ultimately started getting repetitive. The game had leaderboards for countries and Japan/Korea were always on top by a large margin

I always had a huge delay in Alienation because of all those nips. It could have been a fun game...

>dev haters
this right here, you got level 120+ of those fuckers roaming around from floor one so if you wanna go back to farm materials or get some old quests done then fuck you very much, you better have your best weapon and armor on at all times

I played with my two brothers and it was great fun, just constantly escalating mayhem as you got more powerful weapons. We played through the story and then there were just these special dungeon type things left to do, at which point we were kinda done with it because nothing was really changing anymore, the numbers just got bigger

Who else made it to the top without paying? I know they added 10 more floors, but I had enough of this grind

I gave up a little after Jackson. Fuck that grind.

Massive grind after the second area that I doubt even the P2W could fix.

2nd? Try 3rd.

I stopped playing at floor 21 I think. The one with the army guy boss. I just couldn't touch him at all when I first went there. I'm sure there would have been some kind of easy way to cheese him but I never felt like retrying

took be about 200 hours of upgrading random shit until I decided that the masamune blade was my favourite weapon, then I overprepared and absolutely destroyed gunkanyama

really big download size

I actually liked the game for its aesthetics and kookiness but I couldn't be assed to farm metal enough to continue past floor 30 or so

If someone would buy lives for me I'd happily play it to the end

I got to the amusement park and couldn't progress any further. The damage I did was pathetic and I coudn't get to the area what unlocked the level cap.
The elevator started to cost too much, too.

try the iron

To grind heavy after second boss due to f2p bullshit

>try drill arm
>it's a fucking godsend, oneshots everything
>at floor 30 it stops being useful

too much grind for westerners, I guess. I still enjoyed it for a couple of weeks. I remember the store being worthless, so I couldn't actually "pay2win" when I was getting tired of the grind

Been waiting on the devs to just release a Director's Cut of the game for $20-40, no microtransaction crap, and properly balanced.

>tfw you kidnap someone's character only for someone else to instantly smash up your base and steal your shit

>make game with really cool concept
>cool setting
>cool soundtrack
>fuck it up with f2p p2w shit
fuckin thing sucks

Love the game, and don't even care about the f2p stuff. Never bought anything, just had fun climbing and grinding.

I wish the devs had added more over time though. I feel like there should be 100+ floors by now. I was disappointed when I took a long break from the game, only to come back and see almost nothing new.

they get by on doing timed events

based around grinding rather than legitimate challenge

I got up to the surface world, beat the fucked up boss, and now I can't move 10 feet without aggroing the entire region.

Just the fact of it being free to play but having a shit load of micro-transactions.

Too difficult.

When will this man make another good game?

When he gets the rights to Killer7