Is Civ 6 good?

Is Civ 6 good?

I enjoy it. The new systems added in the expac are nice and there is a civ to fit most play styles, which is also nice.

I still have a few gripes here and there, but overall, I think its a good game.

It's no Civ IV, but it's not bad. The expansion didn't fix a lot of the original problems though, like the bad AI and the awful religion system.

Yes. I'm having fun with it.

I myself have been waiting for the expansions to consider getting it, since I was very much burned on vanilla Civ5 (100s of hours in Civ4 vs... like 30 in Civ5 vanilla). I'm waiting to read up a bit more on what the expansions add aside from new Civilizations.

I wish the game had a list of what actually gives era score. Needing to figure it out through trial and error is somewhat a pain in the ass, especially when I have 10 turns to get like 6 of it and need a way to get some NOW.

It's better than Civ 5, that's for sure.

not with all those non-whites.

civ v was better

I was sceptical about the art style when it was first revealed but with a large roster it does actually look really good

Not even worth wasting bandwidth to pirate it.
t. playing Civ since 1998.

There's a revamp of the golden age system, where you have to earn points through achievments to earn a golden age for the next era (renaissance, modern, etc.) If you don't get enough points you end up in a normal era or even a dark age. But the only effect seems to be on loyalty. And Loyalty is basically just culture flipping from civ 4, only a little more powerful. Now if the AI drops a city right next to your capital they'll lose it almost immediately. This will not stop them from doing so.

It's the same fucking game.

>Alexander
>Can wage war with no penalties forever
>his men almost revolted on him because he was waging war for too long
>he was eventually assassinated because of his wars

he had a pretty good run tho

Do they still consider the city to be theirs and try to trade for it constantly?

would've been better to give him strong war bonuses but if the war goes on too long your shit gets fucked up

I liked it until i went back to civ v and holy fuck v is so much better

It's a good game held back by abysmal AI and a few bad design decisions.
>No production queue, and trading, trade routes, diplomacy, and projects suck for similar reasons
>It hurts you to earn era score after you hit the threshold for a golden age
>Bad agendas (Netherlands, Norway, Kongo, etc.)
>City UI is still abhorrently bad despite CQUI showing what it SHOULD look like for months
>Difficulty still gives AI insane starting bonuses instead of consistently higher scaling to compensate for their retardation

Diplomacy's a little better now, so no. The city basically becomes a barbarian city for a while, then either it flips to you because of pressure or someone can come in and conquer it. Either way the AI doesn't seem to realize it's "their" city anymore.

I noticed they have a "repeat route" button now, which I can't remember if it was in vanilla, but it's much appreciated.

Have you noticed if the game makes it harder to get consecutive Golden Ages? I had a much easier time getting points from a Normal era than a Golden Age but that could have just been luck (eventually I got the wonder that boosts all your Era Points and cruised).

>Cree instead of the Misssipians
>Mapuche instead of the Inca
>Georgia instead of Byzantium

Defend this

I just wish the AI wasnt such ass its hard to find a difficulty that i enjoy. Either the AI is too dumb, or they get enough bonuses that you get overwhelmed.

If only there was a repeat mission button, or a repeat production button.
Golden ages are difficult to get consecutively depending on the way you're playing. If you're a peaceful Civilization, you're restricted to things like 3-4+ adjacency bonuses, great people, etc. which are rather insignificant. But if you're a military Civilization, you'll have no problems chaining together golden ages effortlessly - even when you're going over the threshold by 20 points. Either way, you don't get the normal age dedication which is sort of THE way to get points.
I played a game as Shaka where I was in a golden age for about 1500 years because it's so easy with him.

The only one that pisses me off is the Mapuche. I would've even preferred Argentina over them.

I mean at the end of the day, it's down to preference and while there are some civs I would have liked to see it doesn't bother me too much that civs I liked/had in previous games didn't make it into a new installment.

Part of the fun of Civ for me since my childhood days is learning about world leaders and kingdoms/civs/peoples I had never known about before, so it balances out for me.

it was added in a patch a while back, its in vanilla.

it gets progressively harder to get a successive golden age, especially since you don't get a bonus to generating era score like you do in normal/dark ages.
just start spamming wonders.

Seems like a few of the leaders are their idealized selves, instead of building the faults of their tactics into them.

>>It hurts you to earn era score after you hit the threshold for a golden age
How?

because everytime you go to a new era it looks at how much era score you have and then determines how much you need for a normal/gold age.

so the more era score you get the more you need to make next time.

civ 5 is better

Depending on what it is, you're effectively fucking yourself for the next era. Say you've already hit a golden age and you've got:
>A wonder 5 turns from completion
>A +5 commercial hub 5 turns from completion
>2 great people in 5 turns
>The era ends in 6 turns
If you get those, you're going to need MORE era points next era. In addition, if you'd delayed all of those by one turn, you'd enter the next era with a ridiculous 9 era point bonus.

The system is stupid in that it encourages you to metagame, instead of converting bonus era points into something like gold, culture, or science depending on your preference, they harm you.

I've played 100 hours of it and have come to conclude that no, it isn't.

He wasn't assassinated he had sclerosis of the liver because he spent too much time getting drunk and having homosex

they assassinated him over a period of years by tempting him with too many luscious macedonian boy asses

>a completely healthy man drinks a bunch of wine once, becomes spontaneously lethargic and dies two weeks later
>not an assassination
liver failure is associated with long term health issues

>180 turns in
>AI bugs out
>Unwinnable
>No fix or patch for it
Not worth it

im honestly not buying a single civ game anymore until they fix the AI. its been 2 decades now its about time they fucking work on it. especially in a game like this its unforgivable to have a shit AI

If they can't fix the AI, they at least need to design a game that their busted AI can play. That's why Civ IV was so good; yeah, the AI was bad and you could exploit it sometimes, but for the most part the game rules let it wage wars and engage in effective trade with each other and the player. Say what you want about the Stack of Doom but it could really ruin your day. In V and Vanilla VI especially, you had religion and 1UPT rendering the map borderline untraversable, and terrible diplomacy making it pointless to even try working with the AI sometimes.

>If they can't fix the AI, they at least need to design a game that their busted AI can play.
oh god i hope they dont to that we will end up with a 2x2 tic tac toe game

i prefer civ 5 myself because the combat system is much better but yeah the AI obviously cant keep up

>mfw my first game against the easiest AI they fuck my religion up and now is to late to revert it without going to war

> Play 5 games Scythia wins all 5.

Has some balance issues.

>Cree instead of the Misssipians
we don't know enough about their great leaders, sadly
but realistically they're just subbing for the iroquois or the sioux/shoshone/whatever anyway so who cares
other two are retarded though, nobody's going to argue that

All I want to know is, can you save your configuration setup before you start the game yet? Was a nice feature in 5, not sure why they removed it in 6.