SUBNAUTICA SUBSPOOPICA

Subspoopica thread. Reminder to use spoiler tags to shield new players.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DZz3y6r-5H8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you can't discuss subnautica here any more, fuck off

What is your opinion on placing scanner room outposts every 500-1000m apart from eachother in each area?

How the hell do you stack rooms? It literally never let me.

Pointless. Just put all the materials to craft one in a locker in your cyclops and build one where needed.

Can't find any Cyclops parts help.

Good plan!

Use spoilers, new players don't know what a cyclops is. I suggest heading over to the Mushroom Forest (NW of starting lifepod). Tons of scannable pieces lying on the seabed.

what the.. use spoilers yourself!

>subspoopica
take a step back and look at your post before submitting it next time

Where are the windows?

But when do they actually finish the game?

build multi-purpose rooms on top of an existing one, and add a ladder inside afterwards

it is

That's what I would try to do but it would always be red and it wouldn't let me place it.

Leaving early access doesn't make the game complete

make sure you have the titanium with you, other than that, maybe bad location?

Scanner room should've been an update for the Cyclops in the first place.

I've used my Cyclops exactly once, for traveling to the Lost River zone, then I parked it next to a heat source and basically never moved it again because why bother? It was faster to go by PRAWN.

What is missing?

theres an ending, so its finished in terms of story.
gameplay i can agree that there can be plenty of additions and fixes

I thought it was moth>clops>prawn in terms if speed

Plot is done, map is done, gameplay doesn't have any glaring "put feature here" holes inside.

It runs meh but it's still a complete game.

prawn with the grapple and jet upgrade is very fast

Bug fixes, long-term playability/replayability, optimizations, and co-op, but the devs have made their stance pretty clear on that.

moth cant go to the final areas, too deep

its a buggy mess. i would be embarressed to release a game in the state subnautica is in. the only good aspect is the sound design and they fired that guy.

Maybe in term of raw speed, but in term of agility, a PRAWN with the right upgrade beat the Cyclops handily.

Not to mention that with a PRAWN, it's way easier to dodge threats, including the big leviathans, and to spot the mineral deposits just asking to be drilled.

You do know Cred Forumsirgins deliberately do that in order to attract shitposting and arguing.

>I want to be with a thousand other people in this game where I'm a lone survivor of a crash on an alien world and have to survive and escape by myself

Except "complete" refer to content. You're free to call the game a buggy mess, but saying it's not complete because of that is just not using the right term.

Comfy!

How is it a buggy mess? I haven't had any problems.

I want to have fun with friends in an empty game, yes

What is this game all about? Is there some kind "endgoal" or do just explore the ocean?

>long-term playability/replayability
Such as?

get off the planet

>it's empty because there's no multiplayer!
Spoiled kids these days.

At the start of the game you crashland on a planet.

Endgoal is figuring out how to get off it.

also theres something wrong on the planet and you need to find out what

>mods finally doing something about Cred Forums derailers
about fucking time.

can you even interact with any of that furniture? i thought the only thing you needed a base for was lockers

>Ladder right in the middle of the room
Unsafe as fuck.

>Cred Forums
you mean reddit? Cred Forums isnt the one spamming LE 56% FACE on every board at all hours of the day. Cred Forums hates jews and blacks, not white people.

no shame in making your base look more like a home.
that said the lab equipment is decorative, but you can make coffee

You can sit in chairs and get coffee from the machine and the bags are storage. Rest is decor.

>devs do dumb shit unrelated to vidya
>lose a solid sound designer, an important element to the game
>consumers complain
>wow the pol boogeyman is here

Coffee machine gives you small drinks that reduce your thirst.
Bags and trash cans are basically just containers.
You can sit in chairs.
Sleeping in beds make the night pass.

Hull parts are in the Mushroom Forest

Engine and Bridge parts are in the crash site

On another note, anyone else get instantly bored of the game once they built the cyclops? I took it for a test drive and haven't played it since.

Wonder if anyone got my Time capsule

its a parody of castaway with a cuddlefish egg as wilson

Was it this cunting thing?

Don't Reaper leviathans roam around that biome?

probably not, it was just an egg and a funny text

I put a Sea Crown seed, an orange tablet, and a ion battery in mine. Figured I'd help out some guy.

>zero swastika bases

Fuck you anyways.
>pods with end-game gear
>pods with ion batteries
>pods with mods/vehicle mods

>you put a useless egg and some other irrelevant shit

>all that shit for one guy
multiplayer when?

I'll stop now.

le why would u want multiplayer? xd

your base is insane and i love it, user

I doubt multiplayer is going to happen. There's really no reason for it.

I mean it's not like in Minecraft where people are brought together by autism, and there's a hundred million mods to keep things fresh.

Th-thanks.
I finally got all the fish species and am now working on all the eggs for the museum.
Missing just a couple, and only got 1 of the lavashark eggs.

For real bro. I am jealous.

Your room should be empty for it to work. E.g. if you try to connect a tube to a particular side, but inside there is a locker there against that wall, it will be red and not allow you to place it. Make sure your room is as empty as possible before placing a room on top of it.

I don't understand building a hugeass base and spending lots of time decorating it when the goal of the game is to leave the fucking deathtrap planet.

>I like having ladders block my walkway

>turned that room into a messhall
Where do you sleep...?

takes about 200 whacks

Are you retarded?

What's it taste like?

gunmods when?

I can feel the lag from here

actually no lag when playing. Adding a piece to the base though? Oh yeah, 20-30 second freeze just to add a new tube or window.

There's still a bunch of stuff left on the roadmap that they're still working on adding to the game. Development-wise, it is in the same state it was when it was early access. It still has most of the same bugs it's had since I first played it over 2 years ago. They just labelled an arbitrary patch "1.0" to generate hype, just like RUST also recently did, and many other early access games have done in the past.

found the sound designer.

How long do leviathans take to respawn?

It is my headcanon that once the MC escapes the planet and pay his 1 000 000 000 000 credit debt, he'll return as the local tourist guide/archeologist/protector of nature of the planet.

Plus, you spend a lot of time running around your base, might as well make it comfy.

Haven't quite figured that part out yet so I have a bed in front of the decoy hatch right now. I managed to get a single bed clipped close enough to the wall in the small room to not get in the way but I had to reposition it and haven't been able to get it that close again. The beds' collision meshes are too shit.

>Scanner room just floats there and has zero supports

This bothers the fucking hell out of me.

never, the game uses anticheat detection to prevent modding the game

>when the goal of the game is to leave the fucking deathtrap planet.
While curing yourself of a disease

I don't think they really planned out the whole "You have infinite time but HURRY GET OFF THE PLANET YOURE BEING HUNTED AND CURE YOUR INFECTION"

food and water are a fucking chore in this game

should i just do the mode without them but still death and the actual story

>You have infinite time
you don't, you will die if you don't cure yourself after a certain time

I just got the cyclops and now I'm disappointed as fuck. It kind of sucks, I can hardly control it, and I still don't know where the fuck to go.

I'm considering printing out a map

>deathtrap planet

Nigga it's basically paradise in the shallows.

Well if you switch you won't ever have to worry about powering a water purifier.

an actual map kinda takes the charm away, looking up what a biome looks like and the general direction is okay tho

And when does that happen? Sometime after you've spent a 150+ in-game days / more than 36 real time hours in a save?

I just want to know where the fuck I'm going. I'm too scared of losing my shit to a leviathan so I hardly explore. I've still not found the fucking prawn suit after hours and hours.

why would you just lie on the internet to strangers about things that aren't important? i just dont understand why people do this.

leviathans are practically harmless unless you run right up into them

Prawn you can find in the Aurora wreckage

dont bring too much stuff then, being well prepared for trouble will also save your life alot

get a compass to have a sense direction

Reapers aren't

I've got 11 hours on one save which is about 33 days in game

Even IF you do eventually die, there never feels like there's a serious rush, at least, after you know it's mostly story based/cosmetic

Huh, I explored the wreckage but I must have missed it. I've found all the bits for it, just not the actual suit.

the Aurora Prawn Bay that requires you to laser cutter your way into, has all these prawn suits hanging and standing in it, thats where i got my blueprint from

Shit, I think I forgot to scan it. God damn it, I'm retarded

What room is this?

Trash cans are not containers. They will actually destroy stuff you put in there. They're functional.

It's the one between your cyclops bridge and vehicle bay

Cyclops room behind the bridge area.

El Goblinl

Make you you have an extinguisher with you, two of them ar eon fire.

>white people

The range on the scanner is long enough that you can scan enough of them without even getting anywhere near the fire.

nope, they are roaming at the borders though

what does it taste like?

Bags of sandy pennies.

>mods crack down on racial purity fun posting and now the thread is dead

Daily reminder decontructing a Scanner Room with upgrades installed with destroy all the upgrades. Good luck finding more Magnetite, I sure as hell can't find any.

Thread seems fine to me.

have you never eaten a goats eye before?

>Please tell me where Magnetite is

No, find it yourself

im scared of moving around sluggishly underwater while huge disgusting creatures attack me out of nowhere

should i buy this game or nah

memes aside there is nothing scary in it
the few big enemies are hidden on the edges of the map, so you will meet them only late game unless you wander around by then you are shitting guns and items out your ass

Jellymushroom caves

thanks. and the goal of the game is to get off the planet, right? do you just start a new game afterwards and do it again? hows the replay value

O-ok

Post Prawnsuit drill mining music
youtube.com/watch?v=DZz3y6r-5H8

Once on survival and once on hardcore and you're about done with the replay value unless youre a autist who wants dick around building extensive cozy habitats.

Dunno, played it once and didnt come back
I dont have the building autism, so i had enough after one play trough, 15 hours or so
Had to look up one or two parts on the wiki trough, as i had no fucking clue where to look for some minerals and plants

Anyone else get sucked out of the ceiling of their cyclops? Happened five times in play through, caused three deaths. Really weird bug that makes you behave like your on land despite being 200m below.

replay value is pretty low if you're just doing back to back runs, but it's the kind of thing you can put down for a few months and then one day decide to play it again and have a good time.

do you have one of those duffel bags in your cyclops? those things are bugged and will knock your cyclops around.

beat the game on normal, enjoyed it so i decided to give it a run through on hardcore to actually add a bit of tension.

standing in my cyclops, parked in open water, not far from my base. opened up a locker, cyclops tilted about 30 degrees, black screen, you died.

git gud.
seriously though, that's the only reason i dont play on hardcore, that kind of death is just retarded when permadeath is on the line.

HELLO MASTER WHAT IS MY PURPOSE?

just a bunch of lockers and a indoor planter for mobile food.

yeah man, i was pretty salty. i even backed up saves every few hours because i had some janky fucking deaths on my normal run.

i was just getting ready for my first deep dive to get some shit for depth modules when it happened, probably lost about 2 hours, and all motivation to load the game up again.

Everyone should have a breakfast nook

You pass butter.

Post moar prawn deep sea mining music

I like that I kinda have a skyline now
>>>/reddit/

How would you handle a newgame+, Cred Forums?

Wow I'm on hardcore over 26 hours and my prawnsuit just fell through the world in the mushroom forest. Luckily didn't die but it just kept falling so I got out and swam up.

as much as I really hate to say it, procgen maps or modded maps are probably the best way. what else can you really do once you're done exploring and know where to go to get resources? building comfy bases only goes so far.

Already a working multiplayer mod, bruv.

Dive dive dive dive!

Hey guys is my alien containment big enough?

How is your suit still alive if you're thousands of meters past its crush depth?

add a couple of prawn suit weapons that are super difficult to craft, and put a boss battle in that room with the eggs.

shuffle around lifepod locations, and make them actually require exploring to find.

make a 2nd land enemy

I wish you could network scanners together or even remote control what they scan for.

Kek what a waste, it never needs to be beyond 3 stories high. The only thing a bigger containment does is each containment built increases creature limit by 10.

backup your saves man. this game is way too fucking buggy for hardcore.

Because it only takes, like, on damage a second? I don't know if the two armor reinforcements I have impact that. It did break eventually but at that point I could just swim down strafing to dodge the fucking ghost leviathans and hit the reset point.

I WANT LOTS OF CREATURES

Randomize start location. Permanently destroy the lifepod's medkit fabricator. [Spoiler]Aurora's core actually melts down and irradiates the entire map if you dont fix it fast enough. Your infection eventually kills you.[/spoiler]

>lots of small bases scattered around in places easy to access from whereever you happen to be
>one huge facy tricked out base in an A E S T H E T I C area that you have to travel back and forth to.

Which?

Lots of huge aesthetic bases everywhere

Come on, im trying to keep my debt to Altera under a trillion.

I don't understood this. You provide the materials and the energy to build your shit.

You're an Altera employee using Altera tech to build it though.

I don't think they do.

Materials they could have (theoretically) used if you hadn't used them on building shit.

I'm surprised Cred Forums hasn't started shitposting yet.

>i did the work that makes it mine.
Communist claptrap. Altera owns the manufacturing tools and they can let you use them or not at their own discretion, under whatever terms they wish. Their terms happen to be that they own what you produce. You are an employee working for a wage, not a self starting independant manufacturer.

If you dont like those terms you shouldnt be flying on an Altera ship.

What timing!

It's literally the games own lore you dumb tool.
>anti-Cred Forums-posters
>having a brain
Oh right.

duende bajo el agua

and it's beautiful

What the fuck is polyaniline

If you sit in a chair, your hydration/hunger won't deplete.

It's useful as fuck when you're taking time to decide what to build, or reviewing blueprints and downloads. I even stuck a chair near the cockpit of my cyclops so I can take my time seeing where to go next.

Fuck yeah chairs

Its aniline, but theres more thsn one of them

I was like so close to quitting the game, but the console commands prevented it:
>Park my Cyclop close to this huge drop that ends in the lavazone
>Get inside my prawn, pack my shit up and prepare for an exploration
>Explore around the lavazone and build a small backup base with a thermal plant, scanner room and a little growbed for those fruit trees
>Park my prawn next to the platform on the ground
>Something managed to move my prawn and now it's completely stuck under the platform
>Can't get it unstuck, no matter what I do
>Was already ready to quit the game, since I was playing on hardcore and I would never have enough oxygen to get back to my Cyclop
But thank god for the god damn spawn-command. I just spawned a new prawn, moved my upgrades to it and kept on going.

I have an entirely different plot playing out in my head. My character went insane. He built the rocket but loaded it with infectious fish before sending it off, along with a formal declaration of war. The capsule has a note encouraging the finder to become a child of the planet and embrace struggle as our ancestors did.

>Was gonna buy this game since it's only $24.99 or whatever on Steam
>Ended up buying $160 worth of card packs on Hearthstone instead

What's wrong with me

Anyone else looking for stalker tooth with the radar scanner but noticing that they fall trough the ground?

One utilitarian base no deeper than 150m. Won't really need to build anywhere else at all. Most you want is to take the needed materials in your inventory or sub and build a scanner room in an area you want to find stuff in, makes it easier. Don't build 1 scanner room inevery area, just deconstruct it when done and move to a new area.

You did what had to be done, user.

Yeah I've seen that.

>bootlicking a fake videogame corporation
>muh lore!

Obviously it is not complete yet, but I feel like it has become sort of a clusterfuck the way it is right now because of autism. Bottom floor is only accessible from the second one, because the only things there are a maintenance shaft down to the thermal plants and a nuclear reactor. I hate ladders in the middle of hallways so I put those in their own tube on the sides of the corridors. What do you guys think?

Wait, where's all ogroposters?

I also hate stacked ladders because sometimes I'd missclick and go up instead of down.

>kicking the guy who's half the reason the game is so spoopy and immersive over twitter drama
Never gets old.

I hope he's learned his lesson and has severance clauses in all his future contracts so if they fire him they have to remove all his shit from their product.

The game is a gigantic waste of potential. It could be way scarier, the leviatans way bigger and overall makes you fear death more.
Instead, the leviatans are tiny compared to this pic, for example, and dying just make you lose a bunch of resources that you can gather again in a minute.

But bro, did you SEE those tears from President Obama after Sandy Hook???

Hits too close to home buddy.
Used to spend stupid amount of cash for a p2w game till I got banned for humiliating admins

Just try to move on.

>$160 worth of card packs
>meeting an actual "whale" on Cred Forums

>not having 4 bulbo trees to make hunger/thirst irrelevant AND power your bioreactor

I wish I could have fun like this just building shit without purpose. I only build the absolutely necessary and never build any decors