Soulsfags will defend this bullshit

>soulsfags will defend this bullshit

I can't, using the drake sword this far into the game is just disgraceful.

prepare to die xDDDD

>using Drakesword

>drakesword

If you knew how to get that, you knew what that chest did.

this is a very very hardcore game m8
git gud or go play cod

>drakesword
>knight shield
>shit vit/end
pottery

What's wrong with giving you a chance to recover everything you lost when you die?

There's literally zero consequences for your fuckups. You should be pleased.

I'm by no means a souls fag but you can just hit the chest to see if it's a mimic. Not even a lot, just one strike ought to do the trick.

I can sense your autism through this post

I too hit every chest in every game in case that game has mimics.

Are you retarded?

What does that yellow sign say, user?
It better not be "mimic ahead"

And how the fuck was I supposed to know that?
It said treasure ahead

there's a message in your pic that's probably warning you about the trap

"Try tongue but hole"

>It said treasure ahead
Not wrong, mimics drop good treasure.

>First week playing DkS3
>Launch week
This happens to me

It's the little things...

The _actual_ bullshit is in DS2 when they went "lol some chests should break when you attack them lolol"
Fucking faggots

Why does every single fucking shitter use that garbage shield and the drake sword? What's the obsession with the drake sword anyway? It's shit, it's hard to get and you should miss it on your first playthrough unless you're using a guide.

That or just look if it's fucking breathing.

And if you can't be bothered to do that, mimics have the chain curled towards the front, normal chests have it curled towards the back.

Take your meds

You need to hit them like five times to break them.

>huh why is this chest in the trap filled trap castle in the middle of the room and at an angle instead of parallel with the wall
>its probably nothing whatever, better open it to see whats inside
except unlike the strawman in my example you probably didn't think anything at all as you fumbled to your death the same way you did many times before

I thought the mimics springing out like a bomb and sometimes grabbing your from behind them and ten billion yards away was bullshit.

Are you seriously wondering why guide-following casuals who are scared because they heard the game is LIKE OMG SO HARD would want a flat 200 damage sword at a time when scaling hasn't really kicked in yet?

Should've been wearing the Gargoyle Helm for maximum authenticity

I too pause in front of every chest in every game to see if it fucking breaths.

Are you retarded?

If the chain to the left of the chest is straight its a mimic, if its a bit of a loop then its real.

Bullshit, I hit the chest in that area before the Scorpioness with all the lions once and it exploded into pieces

I did first half of the game with Jagged Ghostblade because the first place I went was New Londo. That weapon was op as fuck.

>In a game where everything wants you dead
>DOESNT take time to check out everything
I dunno man, are you?

Why this shield though? It has shit stability, shit defenses and weights a ton.

How do you recognize it in 2? I'm tired of turning the camera into chests so I can see them breathe

How long do you thinks fucking pause is? 20 minutes wtf? It takes literally a few seconds to see

Moving your thumb is tiring ? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawl kys but we all know that would be too much work for you

Isn't it the first 100% physical reduction shield you find? I certainly remember using it for a bit on my first playthrough where I turtled the entire time

The point being you admitted you are autistic and do this in ever game you play, as you suggested doing that for the first mimic in the series.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to play Dark Souls. The difficulty is extremely hardcore, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the game's mechanics will go over a typical player's head. There’s also Miyazaki's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his game's atmosphere- his game design philosophy draws heavily from Berserk literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these mechanics, to realise that they’re not just difficult- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Dark Souls truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the genius in Solaire's existential catchphrase “PRAISE THE SUN,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Suns. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Miyazaki’s genius design unfolds itself on their screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

Not every game has mimics. But if the ones that do have specific methods of seeing if a chest is a mimic, why the fuck wouldn't you use those methods? Are you retarded?

I bet you're the kind of person who justifies what happened after the fact by "I knew it all along anyway, huhu"

I wasn't sure so i checked the wiki. Wooden chests teeth are showing and iron chest mimics have 2 small locks.

You literally suggested he should have done that before knowing if the game has mimics at all.

You having trouble typing? Getting tired dawg?

after the first chest is a mimic, you should hit every chest with your sword before opening. Its really that simple.

Sure, you'll get fucked once by it but thats also every single game with a 1hit KO mechanic. You die the first time and then you learn, thats kind of the point.

Surely you can't be serious?

I'm the kind of person who thinks "oh haha I died again, at least I wont die to that again" instead of complaining that I died to a gotcha trap

DS2 has breakable chests.
Thanks, friend

DS came out in 2011, if he didn't know what the fuck was in a game that's been out a little over 7 years by now then he's probably retarded.

Everyone commenting that hes mad at the mimic, i think he was really trying to point out that the soul recovery is on top, so its possible he cant get his souls because tis defaulting to opening the chest as the option?

But even if this is true he could just hit the mimc once and move, then come around to grab the souls and die in abetter spot for next time...

>Mimics
>Bullshit
>There shouldn't be traps in a cold and hostile game
Plus they're obvious as shit
Stop being a shitter, use a real weapon, drake is shit
I even got to ng+5 just by watching very few tutorials to get this or that armor or weapon, the rest was genuine blind and i managed to do it this far
this and the infinite use of items just talking about it makes me want to make another save, finish the game and do the giant dad meme on ng+

Why is this hard for you? You told him he should check every chest in every game expire not even knowing if the game has mimics or not. It’s a clear cut case of saying something retarded, I don’t see how this is contentious.

>Vitgouge builds
>good in ng+ and beyond
Oh, user...

>DS2 has breakable chests.
None of them break in one or two hits, regardless of what weapon you're using

DS2 chests also breath.

Fuck are you new if you think every person replying to you is always the same person as before. Kys you lost little faggot

>drake sword
Guide reading faggot

>Strengh
>Faith
>Vit
>End
Those are the true stats to level up
Maybe some points in int and dex for some weapon
Only used claymore until ng++, then dragon tooth until ng+++ and found the great club to be the best imo

If you aren’t him that’s even worse. You’d then be a random chucklefuck responding gibberish to a guy calling someone who said something retarded a retard.

Halberd a best

>

>even worse
You don’t even understand Cred Forums so who the fuck cares what your dumbass says

what the fuck is with all the WrongOpinion darksouls threads today.
the remaster isn't even out yet.

Someone already made that joke (I'm assuming it's the "haha you meant physically tired" joke again)
I hope you do this unfunny shit every time someone says he's tired of anything

Forgive me for assuming there was only one retarded person I was talking to. I’ll have less faith in the world moving forward.

>str
>fth

Excuse me, this is a non-Paladin thread. Fuck off with your light, you fucking goody-twoshit.

>literally a level designed around traps
>have to make your way through several of them to even get to that point
>"surely the chest couldn't be a trap!"

I mean, it got me the first time too, but don't act like it's some crazy out of place thing.

If you're reading a guide like a faggot then you should know what and where mimics are

Keep crying

>level designed around traps
>no gywndolin boss

It is something of a missed opportunity.

I always kinda assumed people would be more mad at the elevator
I was lucky enough to step off it fast enough but it's absolutely impossible to foresee. The big "b-but there's blood" hint that everyone likes to mention doesn't mean shit in a game where there's random blood all over the place

Started as a full str build
Sone bosses were tougher on ng++, had to rely on something so got lighting miracles

You can tell it's a mimic by the chain. If you're too stupid for that you can just hit the chest. Don't blame your lack of competence on the game.

>chest sitting in the middle of a room at an odd angle, already visually apart from every chest you've seen so far
>chest is actually breathing if you look closely
>chain is different
Granted, these reasons alone aren't great BUT
>area is trap themed
If you weren't at least suspicious, you're playing wrong

>Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Suns
heh

rather, not "playing wrong". that isn't really helpful to say here. more that you haven't quite gotten what DaS is trying to tell you - and death is the punishment. Its ok not to enjoy it; everbody's got their own tastes, but the reason people get so "GET GUD" about it is that they don't know how to actually articulate their taste and instead default to the same logic that the people they are arguing against use to throw shit on the game. On the other side you have people screaming that DaS is bullshit or should have an easy mode because the very kind of game DaS is doesn't appeal to them, and for some reason they think it should?

I dunno, something felt off about that elevator so I avoided it.

>drakesword

Don't forget mimics in 1 have fucked lighting that makes them stick out like a sore thumb

So don't hit them?

But blood isn't all over the place, other than player blood stains. I can't recall an area that isn't a dumpy, dirty shithole like Blighttown & the surrounding area that was coated in blood