What would your ideal soulslike game look like?

What would your ideal soulslike game look like?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rw6_Mk2ZKBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nonexistent

>It'd be slower paced combat with more emphasis on timing and resource management, the opposite of BB and DS3
>It doesn't resort to swarming you with large numbers of tough enemies for challenge instead opting for environmental hazards or other strategic focused challenges.
>The world design focuses on interconnectivity and non linearity, it'd also be harder to simply run past enemies from the bonfire to the boss with fewer bonfires in the world. Warping would be available from the 2nd half of the game.
The rest doesn't matter as much, just get those right.

Also, BB-tier weapons.

Have the company go back to making Armored Core with soul feature.

Low Fantasy Nioh. Although I still want the Fantasy in it, just a little less actual magic, and dramatically more raw melee combat.

Chromehounds 2
Then another Armored Core like the older AC games.
Then Demon's Souls without how shitty Dark/bb made the series.

>with soul feature
Literally how would you do this

Only if they fucking balance the game properly.

souls combat with DND world and DND-lite character building

Pretty much Dark Souls but a bit better in terms of content. Keep the mechanics pretty much the same.

I just want Armored Core 6 is that so much to ask for

vb

I wish NPC interactions were more intricate and that you could even choose to make friends or enemies of them through choices that were more complex than YES or NO. There are covenants but that shit has been barebones and one dimensional for 5 games straight. There are characters like Lautrec but that doesn't really involve the player, they just kind of "happen" and the only real choice is killing them sooner or later.

/m/ is kill, friend

Dark Souls where you play as insects in a post-apocalyptic world where all humans are gone.

>make laser sword more of a primary weapon
>make energy useage more forgivable
>go full Muv Luv enemies wise if you have to if you think corporate sabotage and mercs isn't enough

I would be fine if they just release the series for the PC with an online feature

This except also greatly increase the discrepancy between early game and late game.

A slower, less linear ARPG with wider weapon variety starting off the way you do in DS1 and ending up as a top-tier Dragon's Dogma character would be GOAT.

How do people see Real Robot action like in your webm, Patlabor, Code Geass (mostly), etc. and not get rock hard?

Dark souls developed by platinum games

This series needs to come back, come to PC, drop the fucking NEXTs and give us Armored Cores back, and actually be good.

How is it unbalanced? Was thinking about playing it.

>And dramatically more raw melee combat
So Bushido Blade where you die in one hit?

That shit kills my suspension of disbelief faster than 90% of fantasy shows.

Something closer to Dark Souls 2, but actually working.

a souls game that revolves around a suit of armor overgrown by vines
its the only thing that comes to mind at the moment

It's not, if you're interested go ahead and play it. Cred Forums is hyperbole incarnate, always remember that.

LW builds are extremely overpowered, especially kusa LW builds. That said, it doesn't really matter unless you plan to do really high abyss floors.

I don't know. I don't even watch anime, but I'm always into it when I see this stuff. It just looks cool.

Soulsfags who played Nioh momentarily forgot that you're a faggot if you're doing any kind of magic build, so they spent points into Ninjustu/Omnyo Magic/LW and cheesed the game with it.

It'd have the same mechanics, but the setting would be a Norse Mythological theme, with killing the gods like Odin, Loki, etc. Basically God of war 4, but with a souls format

youtube.com/watch?v=rw6_Mk2ZKBQ
Even today, I still find this video fascinating.

He's talking about the really high difficulty levels in which, like most games, only a few builds are even relevant. But by then you've likely played through all the game's content 2-3 times and got your fill of it.

Eh, that sounds kind of boring. At least pick a more interesting and further flung mythology to make Souls-clone on. Mayan, Hindu, Chinese mythology is filled with fucking bizarre shit.

Dude, it would be like skyrim, but with swords.

But nah, I love Norse and Viking lore, there's a lot more cool and crazy shit to it than just the gods

Honestly would like to see them make a Souls type game with a cyberpunk setting, but people have beat them to it, so now the novelty is gone.

Fear not the dark my friend, and let the feast begin.

Cyberpunk and steampunk in general are just meme-settings that people like to think about, but are super boring when you put them in pratice.

mesoamerica souls

Urban Souls

genius

Soon.

just give me fucking bionicle soulslike game

Direct Berserk adaptation

Bloodborne on PC

Probably cyberpunk or far-future game with a layer of ancient Mesoamerican/Aztec aesthetics and mythology on top of it. Like pic related with more hanging cables, prosthetics and a laser macuahuitl.

Nioh stances/ki pulse
Dark Souls 1 interconnectedness
Dark Souls 2 sheer size, non-linearity, mechanics, and build variety
Dark Souls 3 speed, polish, and boss quality

Urban fantasy souls

20 bucks it's a Tenchu-style game.

I think they should make a feudal japan style game where each area has verticality that the player can jump to and from like tree branches or poles. This would be like a ninja type game with an interesting dodge and agility system where you can try and get the drop on enemies from many diffrent angles, there would also be various different monsters and enemies that could climb aswell or have area denial capabilties to block certain paths in the vertical landscape to mix up game play.

Forgive pic related, strangely only image I could find is slightly similar to what I was talking about

This sounds pretty fucking amazing to me.
Asia and medieval Europe are way too overdone.

I'd prefer either Aztecs or cyberpunk, but not both

Literally "Let it Die". I'm so butthurt that LiD is F2P, it could have been great and it's really fun until you get to like floor 17 and then it becomes miserable P2W bullshit jewery

I thought the rumor was that it was a bloodborne sequel?

>guys i think im at the objective

Let's have a Souls game where you aren't expected to just run right through every area, right past the enemies in order to fight the boss. Have it so that you'll almost always get killed if you try to evade most of the enemies and put a fucking bonfire before the bossfight.

Let It Die...?

Nah its a bloodborne spinoff based on the land where old hunter Yamamura came from.

If it had anything to do with Bloodborne you would've seen a Sony logo in the commercial

Bushido Blade Souls would be rad, though you'd need a recovery mechanic so you didn't have to crawl back to the bonfire when your legs get hit.

>expected
you are expected to fight the enemies and only run past them if you die to the boss and are gonna try again. In no way are you fucking "expected" to just run past everything like a pussy.

I'm sure it'll come later. The name itself is a big indicator its a souls series game.
Its basically gonna be ninja bloodborne. Ninjas are shadows and dying twice is a reference to souls game and being undead who dies.

Perhaps not bloodborne bit most definitely related to it.

This used to be a staple in "what kind of setting would you like to see in a Souls game" threads

That sounds terrible

They already made Bloodborne.

>Urban souls
>there's a giant empty shopping mall level

>Xenoblade X universe with dark souls gameplay/writing

>or Dark Souls in year 24000 (24k)

Blame! souls would be great. Although I'm more of the notion that I want a Blame! Zone of the Enders clone.

I'd really want to see a Soulslike set in Valhalla.

like actual Valhalla. Where it would make sense that you're constantly dying and showing back up again, because it's a place all about the joys of honorable battle.

Have players going through this whole nordic landscape and fighting norse creatures and mythical legends and junk, and then eventually fight your way towards Odin hinself.

And the whole thing is really supportive and fun vs really dark and oppressive. Like a mood of "Fuck it, get in there and FIGHT. because if it was easy, it wouldn't be any fun!"

that sort of thing.

>Xenoblade

Where's my bat god, the enemy of the immortal sun?

>change the game to punish a strategy you chose to use that's not the intended way to play the game

i would play this but i dont think you really could put the souls movement/combat into a game like this

Odyssouls.
>travel around the globe
>fight regional mythical creatures
>go to the moon

That sounds really cool. The debs once stated they wanted to make a "happier" game

in 2023 when we get return to ixalan

this would be great, i can picture from making some nordic themed stuff after DaS too considering how the games are pretty westaboo, and the mystery/lack of things known about norse mythology fits the cryptic "lore" the other games have
although im not sure about how one would combine joyful and dark gloomy nordic stuff and make it work.

DS1 world design but with absolutely no warping available.
Slow pace.
Focus on environmental interaction
Dark/Melancholic tone from art to music to narrative/world building
No difficulty modes

>soulslike

I feel like when the world reaches a certain size no warping would just become tedious. Giving it at the halfway point like Dark Souls does should be ideal.

>it has severe water damage so you're trudging through waist high smelly water for 90% of the level

a game inspired by high romance literature

I'd like to see some sort of futuro-feudal scifi souls on a giant o'neill cylinder where you will explore basically the entire inner area and has 60% of the game hanging over your head all of the time. Also for ranged combat to not be pathetically ass for once. Plus NPCs could have more interactivity and you could probably add some minor puzzle or platforming elements, just to round out the dungeon crawl you know.

>I'd like to see some sort of futuro-feudal scifi souls on a giant o'neill cylinder where you will explore basically the entire inner area and has 60% of the game hanging over your head all of the time.
Shit, with a continuous map that would be fucking awesome

yes, dark souls already did the "see that shit in the distance, you'll go there" but now you can take it to the next level. Plus you can have a part where you like dock with another space station and see the entire thing slowly come towards you through the giant windows (it's functional, they allow for agriculture) and then go on a long space walk between them

I want to believe

Another original game that has nothing to do with Dark Souls, maybe anything that relates to Gnosticism

make the defensive options more interesting than just rolling or blocking, i don't know how because im not a game designer

An RTS

have other 'ravens' side with the opposing force similar to invasions.