Using ePSXe and PCSXR

>using ePSXe and PCSXR
>2018

I seriously hope you guys don't do this

>Posting reddit posts on Cred Forums.

Medanfen is the best emulator ever made.

>reddit
Leave.

>not using Beetle core in RetroArch

What PS1 games hold up really well today? I replayed MGS1, and Suidoken 2 recently and couldn't stomach Legend of Dragoon's combo system.

>using retroarch

I'm guessing this is some insanely minor shit if they didn't even bother to look into it for the official PS3 release.

I cant emulate for shit in a ps2 emulator
God of war 2 runs like shit
I cant find anything really THAT bad with ePSXe tho

Valkyrie Profile.

Grandia, Brave Fencer Musashi, Final Fantasy 7/9/Tactics, Saga Frontier 1/2, Breath of Fire 3/4

>being so illiterate you can't even read that it's not the emulators that are at fault but the SPU plugin which isn't even made by the same team as either ePSXe or PCSXR because both use a third party SPU plugin
You're a grade A moron
Also Mednafen has literally an ancient version of PGXP perspective and wobble correction.

I'm playing Digimon World on ePSXe and it works fine, didn't really require any setup either.

>Also Mednafen has literally an ancient version of PGXP perspective and wobble correction.

Mednafen is focused on accuracy, those are hacked on & not the priority, if you want graphics, just go with PCSX-R

Legacy of Kain

I know it's accuracy but I don't understand the point.
If I wanted accuracy I'd literally just use my PS2.

The point is that all PS2s are old and heavily used now and you can't count on them sticking around forever. Nor can you count on Sony to keep these games alive.

ePSXe is the light emulator. It isn't the most powerful or responsive, but it works and takes just a few minutes to set up. That's better than hassling with plugins and drivers every time you try to emulate on a new computer. For 90 percent of the games ePSXe works fine. If you want the real experience just buy a ps2 and modded memory card.

Chrono Cross is okay, but that's maybe because how casual it is. It is impossible to lose aside from maybe the Miguel fight. Too bad the story stops making any sense as soon as you hit the second disc.

Breath of Fire 3 and 4 for sure. All the Final Fantasies are pretty good.

I'm positive there are more but that's what comes to mind.

Basically any JRPG that didn't try to be 3D.

Xenogears is ageless.

Well conserved hardware will last you a lifetime and that's a fact.

>>ePSXe is the light emulator. It isn't the most powerful or responsive, but it works and takes just a few minutes to set up. That's better than hassling with plugins and drivers every time you try to emulate on a new computer.
What's funny is how utterly wrong this retarded post is. Every other emulator "just werks" because it doesn't have dogshit HLE elements that are 20 years out of date and utterly inaccurate. There are no settings you have to change on something like MEDNAFEN to get specific games working, and no hidden game-specific hacks that are auto-run when a certain title is detected.

You can play 99.99% of games with other emulators. Stop using outdated SNES9X tier garbage because it's what you used a decade ago and it was "fine" then.

t. mednafen shill

I don't even use mednafen for anything but light gun emulation, I prefer Xebra.

Half-3D RPGs like Dragon Quest 7 also aged beautifully.