Anyone looking forward to Pokemon of Exile?

Anyone looking forward to Pokemon of Exile?

Seems like a fucking hassle keeping mobs alive to trap them with certain builds.

you can throw the net first and then oneshot them and you'll still capture it

No I have literally zero hype for this league

Lemme just tell my solar guards to chill while I get the pokeball out of my bag.

I'm more interested in the ascendancy rework desu.

Newfag here. What's a good starter build?

Solar guards literally lag like five screens behind so you're fine. If it is a problem then it's your fault for choosing an uncontrollable build in a league where maybe you have to show some restraint. Anyway who cares, you're not going to be trapping whites and if you're deleting high hp league rares then you're set already and don't need them.

Depends what you want to be doing and what your threshold for 'good' is (and what the patch notes are I guess). If you do Sunder or SRS or Firestorm you should be fine.

>not just running spectures

This will be my first time, so ideally I want to play something that not super hard, fun and let's me clear all the content. I liked playing Lightning Wiz in D3, if that helps.

Arc could work.

>lag like five screens behind
Not far enough if their beam shit is off cooldown.
Spectres are fun so fuck that noise.

my starter is usually scorching ray chieftain. just set down a decoy totem and start melting things. also get can benefit from elemental equilibrium. everything becomes a joke. it's similar to disintegrate.

Well you don't have immunities to deal with so it's really a lot more open than diablo 2. The real problem is that boss hp is super inflated now so you to clear all the content you really want something that clears and has good single target. Arc is basically chain lightning and it clears well but the single target is real average and there's no great single target skill that synergises well with it.

SRS is probably the best because there are a million different variations that are all fine and it has both good single target and good clear. Some people hate playing it though.

Thanks guys. I've got another question, how important is the skill tree build? I'm generally not retarded and played ARPGs for ages, would I be fine picking what I like, or will I fuck it up because you need to be very specific about it?

you will probably fuck up your first character but that's part of the learning curve.

Turn back while you still can. Don't play this shitty game.

You might want to check out a couple of build guides to see what big nodes they take and how they work. Shit like Elemental Equilibrium can fuck you over if you don't understand it.
Other than that the passive tree is fairly simple, just take a shitton of life and some damage.

Yeah, I kinda expect that. But what's normal, using your own build or is there a strict meta set of "best" skills?
But it appeals to me.

I'm telling you user. If you ever plan to play it even remotely seriously or do endgame content, just don't. You will be massively disappointed.

This. Hoping for more viable builds to come from it and make some of the boring but powerful ones more interesting, IE Inquisitor. Fully expecting Glacial Mines Sabo to get blown up, the tears will be glorious.

If they destroy GC mines but do nothing about lightpoacher and wanders I will seriously stop playing.

Why?

Build diversity and map diversity are nonexistent. You are forced into playing a certain way if you ever want to be able to afford anything.

>one of the new skills is just a fire version of Sunder
How boring

Scrubcity called, they want you back.

>lightpoacher

Didn't you read the abyss manifesto you fucking retard.

so when is poe gonna get a good overhead camera? maybe a FOV slider? im sorry but the game feels claustrophobic and the overhead angle is closer to 90 degrees than 45 degrees. diablo2 still has better game feel and doesnt make me nauseous.

Yeah, and the other is spectral throw but with a shield. When are they going to drop the patch notes on the new ascendancies?

also maybe they should optimize poe for multi core CPUs before they add more GARBAGE to the dlc store.
>2018
>Action RPG that runs on ONE CPU CORE

???

Wow. More grinding for ultra rare single-use items. How exciting.

Hardly a nerf. It now only takes a bit more investment.

literally every build in the game favors passive HP increases over damage. the game is broken.

>Troll
Not a argument

Just git gud and stop scaring away newcomers just because you suck. Skill/Knowledge >>>>> your build.

Are you aware of the genre you're playing?

oh and builds that are 99% hp and defence still get killed in one hit. poe a shit id rather play ever D2 mod ever made before i re-install that game.

And? I'm not calling buff nor nerf, I'm just pointing out they're doing SOMETHING with lightpoacher, which completely negates your "hurrr do nothing about lightpoacher" statement quite easily.

>git gud
you lost.

>skill in poe
No amount of skill will let you earn anywhere near as much as you do by playing optimally. IE running sextanded vaults with breach and shaper/elder influence.

>git gud
Get lost.

people who whine about build diversity will literally never be happy

Do you have to lower the monster HP to throw the trap and imobilize them? if not then it's easy mode just throw the trap and perma immobilize it until its dead. Otherwise if it needs low HP your minions will just kill it and you'll get fucked

Yeah, you're right. I was just pissed because the sextanted speedrunning meta will most likely stay the same.

This is true. The only way to have build diversity is to have zero end game like Diablo 2, that way even the shittiest of builds can shine.

Build diversity during 1.3, 2.0, burning meta and poison meta was greater than it is now

>Diablo 2
I miss d2

I've never used sextants in my life and I reach 36 challenges every league, you don't need to play the way others play to find enjoyment yourself.

>implying challenges matter
What's your /played and how many ex did you earn?

Wait, so you are saying that currency is the only thing that matters? Even though it becomes useless after 3 months? Meanwhile I get to use my earned MTX anywhere I go? No wonder you're complaining about the sextant meta.

daily reminder d2 is better then poe. poe is shit.

>giving a shit about cosmetics
Yes, currency and xp are the only two things that matter, as they are the things that make your character stronger, which is exactly the point of these games.

I don't believe that and people were whining about it then too anyway.

Then it's safe to assume you're completely oblivious about the game, because sextants is not the only way to acquire currency in this game. You can do uber lab runs, either for profit or to carry people, shaper, uber atziri, play the market, sell challenges (yeah, this is why challenge matters you faggot). And if you want xp you do t16 maps or poorjoy rotas not shaped sextant strands you mongoloid.

The game is shit back to diablo 3

lmao

The only legit one is flipping and playing the market. None of that other shit comes anywhere near running fully optimised sextanted vaults.
>poorjoy rotas
And these require currency. Really makes you think doesn't it?

>flipping and playing the market
Nice scam how do you sleep at night?

>he is triggered by honest tradesmen

>game is unpopular
>Cred Forums raves about it
>game storms Steam playercount
>Cred Forums starts to hate it

>He doesn't sleep at night
Thought so i coudn't if i was ripping off people.

It's shit i want diablo 4

>Pokemon
>not Monster Hunter, the series where you kill and capture monsters to craft gear
dumb redditors like OP continue to piss me off in new and creative ways

I don't play shit games, sorry.

Not jews

Whoops. Meant for

poe is shit pile of human garbage

And yet here you are making a PoE thread instead of playing the patrician's Grim Dawn

Then you shouldn't be playing the 50th rehash of the exact same Pokemon game you've been playing since the 90s you dumb nigger. There's a reason your kind have a containment board.

stay mad faggot lol xd