Another game company distributing malware

rockpapershotgun.com/2018/02/19/flight-sim-group-put-malware-in-a-jet-and-called-it-drm/

Flight sim DLC maker puts malware in installer that steals Chrome passwords but ONLY IF UR A PIRATE!!!!!!!!!1

“First of all – there are no tools used to reveal any sensitive information of any customer who has legitimately purchased our products… ”

The malware is meant to not activate if you didn't pirate.

“This method has already successfully provided information that we’re going to use in our ongoing legal battles against such criminals.”

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/lQ6Xo
youtube.com/watch?v=QMH8Tof69SE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

seems bullshit to me. i bet it just mines crypto secretly.

someone should add their sites to an ublock filter list that everyone haves

>you pirated our game? Well fuck you we are hashing ALL hour private data!
I hope they loosen their ass holes up in time for the big house

>pc gaming

so wait a second
if I only download the crack and it steals my stuff then I can sue them right?

>but we only targeted pirates
Two illegal actions don't make a legal action. They're fucked. I hope a class action is in the works.

>It steals passwords.
>Only if you're a pirate.
I get that piracy is bad but what they're doing is also illegal. isint that shit jail time worthy ?

No because you can't sue them because you pirated something from a 3rd party file sharing website.

If you downloaded the game from their site and then the malware activated, you probably could though, but I'm not a lawman.

>pajeet makes a mistake
>accidentally uploads the malware to legitimate customers
>class action lawsuit

And that's why you never trust someone that does this "to combat le evil pirates."

>combat something illegal by doing something more illegal

Could someone clarify whether this is official DLC or a community mod?

this is perfectly legal. It would be like mcdonalds putting rat poison on all the leftover food they throw out. No paying customer is going to root around the dumpster but a homeless bum trying to get free food will get fucked up. I see no problem with this

This is why piracy is a necessity

Based. Pirates deserve to be fucked.

>You can be charged with these offenses even if you never had direct access to anyone’s computer, as long as the malware you were responsible for distributing accessed the system. You could go to prison for as long as 15 years for each offense of first degree computer tampering, so penalties if convicted can be very significant.

>It would be like mcdonalds putting rat poison on all the leftover food they throw out
This is illegal though

McD would get sued for that, but I think you already know that.

There's absolutely no discussion if this is illegal mate.
It is. The only questions is how illegal it is.

I hope he does realize he's being a vigilante, which is illegal.

It's more like McDonalds putting rat poison in their food before it's sold (but not thrown out) to combat theft.

Dumpster food would be more like abandonware, which is easy to legally obtain for free.

Kek who cares about him being a vigilante.
He's distributing malware and stealing very sensitive data.

>flight sim
Who plays this garbage anyways let alone pirate it

>food analogy
t. pajeet who uploaded the malware

>$100 for a single aircraft for a game

No fucking wonder people are pirating

Pirates aren't "PC gamers". They're larvas/insects who deserve to be crushed like the little shit they are.

>steals Chrome passwords
I'm sure Google is fine with some game developer compromising the security of their service in the name of a petty vendetta against poorfags. These morons have put themselves at risk of being sued into oblivion by one of the most powerful tech companies on the planet just because they're salty about pirates.

Germans

It's a community mod.

And yes it's bullshit that they're charging money for them.

ITT angry butthurt pirates cucks. I hope you get doxxed by the devs and potentially sent into prison because they found out you had CP on your PC with their malware.

Oh yes, I'm sure the court will love a piece of evidence from a source like that.

>buy all my vidya except EA made shit
>get fucked over

Stop your trolling attempts user.

>playing sim games
kind of deserve it

in most of the modern world their distribution of malware has a harsher penalty than piracy
in countries or places that consider piracy a non-issue or legal they are the only ones breaking the law

fuck off shill
archive.is/lQ6Xo

look how hard this fag is raging

This, even if they might not necessarily win any dispute they could keep the devs in court long enough with their army of lawyers to make them go bankrupt for shits and giggles if they felt like it.
Not likely to happen but still why even take the risk.

>using chrome
Everything about this is hilarious

I anticipate the fallout from this with great satisfaction

>playing EA garbage
Even if I was paid I would refuse to install an EA game.

>using chrome
you deserve it

>shutting down computer
>computer waiting for background programs to close
>steam
>test

I never played any of these shit sims but i wonder if some other game might have this same bullshit.

Aktschualy. In germany stuff that has been recorded/copied/done without knowledge cant and wont be used against you in germany in court.

>This method has already successfully provided information that we’re going to use in our ongoing legal battles against such criminals.
You mean to tell me they're gonna go up to court and show everybody that they did some illegal shit in order to fish for some other illegal shit

>This method has already successfully provided information that we’re going to use in our ongoing legal battles against such criminals.
Lmao I bet using stolen passwords and login data goes over well in court.
Fantastic idea.

who /larva/ here?

You're the one raging here. As a non-pirate I'm not the one getting btfo.

You absolutely can sue them, distributing malware is illegal, even if you think it it is justified. They are fucking retarded for admitting it publicy, better start prepping their assholes

the old need for speed games were great user

I don't think any self respecting first world court would accept it.

This is going to be hilarious.

? Restaurants pour bleach into dumpsters so that homeless people dont hang out for the food. It is not in any way illegal. Same with a lot of supermarkets, although at walmart we would donate them to local places.

You approve of having malware in your legally bought games on the off chance it won't activate for you?
You sound bitter and retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=QMH8Tof69SE

Pay up goy! Posting gonna cost you some sheckels oy vey!

present

>$100 for a single plane
Yeah, no one bought that legitimately. Wouldn't surprise me if FSL uploaded the pirates versions themselves. The entire purpose of that product is to mine passwords.

You forgot to say "soy" and post a pepe picture.

>no one bought that legitimately
Flight sim people are mostly retirees and midlife crisis types, that kind of pricing isn't uncommon.

is Chrome that insecure? Should I switch browser?

You steal from them, they steal from you, I don't see what the problem here is...

>Chrome

The funniest part everyone ignores is that every serial key they "think" is pirated will trigger the malware that steals all your chrome passwords.
>Buy like a good goy
>Email gets hacked
>Hacker posts serial online
>Your serial is now deemed pirated
>Malware triggers automatically hacking your email back from the hacker
Oh shiet

Use chromium

>steal some shitty video game
>they steal all your accounts and bank account / paypal info
um sweetie

Well, that's probably why you are an outcast from society.

I'm an outcast for not stealing, I am much confused.

>people actually use Chrome
>Chrome is actually a popular web browser
What a terrible world.

can i import my bookmarks?

I dunno

please user teach me ways of good browser. I'm sorry I'm a pleb. you can bully me but show me the way too.

I used to use Firefox but was having problems.

>steal some shitty video game
Not even that, it's a fucking $100 paid mod.

>Outright admitting to doing illegal shit to 'fight the pirates'

Uh oh

Do not entertain browser hipsters

Ungoogled chromium. Yes, you can import all your config.

use midori

>salty buyfag thinks he does the world a service everytime he buys a game
no dumbass you are doing the opposite. people who choose to make games for a living deserve nothing!

Firefox is ass and developed by bigger sjws than even google

This is so comparable to "I ate at McDonalds and now I'm fat as shit. I'mma sue dem!

So what do you think is a better fork? Waterfox, or Chromium?

t. EA

Malware and viruses should be illegal. I'm all for internet freedom but the people who made utorrent and AVG should serve jail time.

>dude i'm gonna stop these darn pirates by having my software commit a cybercrime
>what do you mean that's against the law? REEEEEE

>collecting information from south american BRs
there is literally no use for that information.
there is no use for DRM.

>distributing malware is illegal
someone should tell microsoft, intel, amd, uplay, and denuvo about this.

aren't there um... Laws against that... and shit?

Isn't evidence obtained that why... Invalid in Court?

waterfox is good

this

>utorrent

I stopped using that shit years ago, what did they do?

One of the hundreds of ads it has in the program does something funky to your comp, either data mining or stealing your information. It triggers malware bytes non-stop as long as you have utorrent open.

See Faggot

That's not really a hard rule as far as I know. It's almost always true for law enforcement but otherwise illegal obtained evidence is used plenty.
Note: generalization. There's like billion different factors.

Chrome collects your data. Firefox does not. I'm pretty sure Opera also does not.

imagine if someone taught ex-kgb members how to code software and told them to make it work for them

is qbittorrent still the way to go or is there a new better one?

Who said they were going to court?

Nerd in a Punisher T-shirt.jpg

I remember when it broke that utorrent was also installing some cryptominer in one of its updates.

qb is pretty good, using it now, no problems.

this is a nice Cred Forums thread

rtorrent

I throught "program install cryptominer" was a meme kek to think people actually did that is crazy

>linking cuckpoopershitgun
>using chrome
>being a pirate
>storing passwords in a browser
>playing shitty games

> thousands of people ranging in all age groups, backgrounds, and nationalities are going to get hunted down and jailed for pirating a video game
>but not the known and liable single company that has admitted to distributing malware to all of it's potential consumer base.

Poor trolling user. Very poor.

How do think it became a meme?

qbittorrent is the GOAT. You can search for torrents from within the program itself. Which search engines it uses is completely up to you.

I know you probably don't know anything related to modern web design or proper architecture because you are a neet that frequents the same Web 2.0 sites so it doesn't affect you much, but Chromium is the most advanced accessible browser out there and you can be sure that a site will 99.9% always work best on Chrome, especially those that rely on modern frameworks.

nu-Firefox has gotten alot better too but is still behind the curve in many ways.

All the rest are just a joke and take ages to implement features webkit-powered Chromium did years ago.

But oh nooes the boogie man!!

I like how the site itself advertises itself as "an alternative to utorrent". Cheeky, but very smart.

>and AVG
Nani? What happened with them?

There are many good alternatives nowadays but qBit is the best FOSS program. Reliable, simple, has broad support and community, great features like built-in tracker-crawler search engine, spares you the effort of going through ads-riddled sites.

If only you could add private trackers to it. Hell, you probably can, I never tried personally.

>disable anti virus before installing our pirated game
who the hell falls for this?

More reason to pirate. Get cucked buyfags.

Idk what that user is specifically referring to but AVG is disgusting nowadays, it shoves itself in your face and pops up all the time and can't be stopped, it behaves just like the malware it's supposed to protect you from.

BitDefender did the same to me, I don't bother with any anti virus nowadays except MalwareBytes which is awesome.

AVG itself is malware and harasses you trying to get you to buy it's premium bullshit, installs itself with various other programs unrelated to it, and throws ads all over your PC. The only way to turn off the ads is to buy the premium version in order to select the "no ads" option.

if you use the free version they sell your information in return.
This somehow surprises people in current_year.
Did you upgrade windows 10 for free?
Well guess what, you're it

is there any anti-virus which isn't shit without ads nowdays? malwarebytes is great but doesn't have real-time protection

It’s funny because the very stereotype you’re highlighting is the same one where a “certain” group is extremely frugal with their money. They’ll do whatever it takes to not have to spend any of it. Sound familiar?

Chrome is just bloated. Install something like palemoon for something more lightweight.

>PIRATES BTFO AGAIN!
Holy shit,BASED devs! Absolute fucking madmen. I salute them.

Kaspersky free edition is just fine, i stopped paying premium when I realised all core processes are still on the free version

But this fucks non pirates as well.

it isnt
the file containing login data is extracted whether you’re a pirate or not, then its matched with the flagged serial, so they got your data.
if they’re kind enough not to do anything with it its another matter
>hey I broke into your house but I didnt steal anything I swear! just disable your home alarm

>$99.95 for a fake jet
Did they model each roll of toilet paper inside?
That price is insane.

lmao who cares

>using chrome
oh no somebody took your passwords from the browser that already gives away your passwords

Look at saved passwords in chrome, only one is twitch which has no personal information. Chrome eats up way too much of everything. I generally only use firefox

>Your honor, I have proof that user broke in to my house and stole my custom "Asuka=waifu" t-shirt!
>How so?
>Here I have footage from the camera I secretly installed in to user's house, you can clearly see him masturbating in to my one of a kind shirt!
>...

>private tracker search
I'm pretty sure you can, I can search on rutracker which really isn't a private tracker, however it won't work unless you configure your login information. The issue is that there doesn't seem to be very many scripts to use private tracker search engines, at least on the qbittorrent site. Maybe there's a community dedicated to them elsewhere.

Have fun with your snail-based browser retard

>using brokeium

>buyfags get fucked in the ass by "based" devs
>buyfags praise them for it
>piratebros sit by laughing

its actually $140 if you want the version for the newer flight sim P3D. It does essentially simulate all systems and flight model of a real A320 but yeah flight sim's target consumer base is nothing but actual pilots that want extra training, boomers with too much money, and mega autists. Hence why the prices are all over the place.

>X pushes Y
>Y shoots them dead
>Y gets charged for murder
>Y: "B-BUT THEY COMMITTED BATTERY"