/COMFY 3DS THREAD: MONDAY BLUES EDITION/

Why do you want the 3DS to die? It's arguably the greatest handheld ever made.

Switch owners will never understand what it's like to be able to play every single mainline Pokemon on one system.

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.hacks.guide/flashing-ntrboot-(3ds-single-system)
3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)
webmshare.com/play/YeZR5
nds-card.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What if I own a Switch and 3DS?

oh boy I love playing on an uncomfortable 240p system

There's so many games on the freeshop and I just paralyzed trying to pick one. Choose for me kudasai

Radiant historia if you like jrpg's.

Only got a 3DS very recently. So far:
>Beat
Kid Icarus (7.5/10)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (6/10)
BoxBoy (6/10)
80s Overdrive (6.5/10)
>Playan
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Picross 3D Round

After this, what should I play next?
>Bravely Default
>Persona Q
>Ocarina of Time 3D

Stella Glow.

It's about the portability, form factor, 3D effect, quality of games themselves rather than le 240p screen. Get your shitposter ass outta here. I doubt you've ever even held a 3DS let alone own one.

I've played these ;_;

Metroid: Samus Returns

Really want to play it myself too but I want to finish Super Metroid first.

i got a 3ds recently as well. bravely default is fun up until the midway point where it gets super repetitive.

currently playing xenoblade chronicles. it's a bit of a slog, but the story is decent. also, i've never gotten the appeal of animal crossing until i started playing new leaf. max comfyness.

>form factor, 3D effect
Both of these are fucking shit though, regardless of model.

And I say that as someone who really likes the 3DS.

Played this as well. If it's a big name, I've probably already played it

Regular or XL N3DS?

regular is cutest but i got a xl because i like to compensate for things.

Regular has better form factor and the higher PPI means the shit screen resolution is marginally less painful.

Autism what? BING BING BOING WAHOOOOO

What's some good stuff to play on 3ds for a few days? My PC shat the bed the other day and I'm waiting for replacement parts.

Witch And Hero, or just about any of CIRCLE Ent's games.

I want 3DS to keep selling well but it makes me worried that they discontinued the new 3ds in Europe

This
3ds is so fucking uncomfortable

hentai qr codes for 3ds please

the only games I ever got for my 3ds were dark moon, dkcr, new leaf, samus returns, and smash (which just pissed me off so I destroyed it)
what else is worth getting on this uncomfortable-ass handheld

Saw this but passed it up a long time ago for reasons I can't recall, will give it a chance though. Thanks

Nah, m8, but it is pretty fucking good. The DS had a better library, but I guess the point is kinda moot if you can play them on the 3DS anyways.

>Pokemon
Pokemon is shit. Unless you have autism or friends, it's unplayable after the Elite Four and catching the Legendaries.
But regardless, what's next for the 3DS anyways? I know that remake of Strange Journey is dropping soon, but what else? What point is there to it now that the Switch is out? After getting burned out of Metroid, I traded my 3DS in, along with all my games.
I wanted to get the new 2DS XL and hack it, but I really don't want to play anything else. I already played Superstar Saga and Strange Journey back in the day. I'm sick of Sm4sh. Already beat every SMT title in the system. Kid Icarus was very fun, but not worth getting arthritis over. FE Fates was okay, might buy the new one on Switch.

It's the end of an era. This thing released, what, back in like 2011? It kept Nintendo alive throughout the Wii U, and that alone deserves respect, but I think it's time to put it to bed.

Bravely Default if you like JRPGs. Persona Q is just a boneless Etrian Odyssey, but I enjoyed it.

Waiting for this

What’s the story behind destroying the Smash cart, I’m curious

Reminder that today is also Miku Monday so make sure you feed your 3DS Miku an orange juice and play with her.

I have really bad anger issues when I play stuff online, something like smash especially
I would try playing online and get fucking pissed so I would chuck the cartridge at the wall constantly until it broke the plastic casing around the game chip itself
it actually still worked fine after that if I held it together when I put it in the system but I didn't touch my 3ds for a long time and for whatever reason when I tried it again it wouldn't start the game anymore
the only thing I'm upset about in the end is that I bothered to buy it in the first place

The 3D effect is amazing though

It genuinely isn't.
>Shitty resolution means it's jaggy as hell
>Weak hardware means very few games ever did anything with a decent sense of scale for it
>Fucking awful viewing angles on the base model and the release of the 2DS meant after two years every developer stopped even trying with it and very few of those who had before actually integrated it into the gameplay itself

I think Kid Icarus and 3D Land are the only games I've ever played on my 3DS to either use it for cool visuals or actually enhance the gameplay with it.

Not him but it's great in ACNL, Kirby titles, and FE Echoes

XL N3DS

The extra screen size just makes the 3D pop out more and feels quite immersive.

Fuck off. The 3D is what makes the 3DS and gives it a level of uniqueness. Anyone who has played Super Mario 3D Land knows what I'm talking about. In terms of design I find its simplicity to be another advantage.

Don't forget MH4U. Too bad the latest Pokemon didn't use it for some fucking reason. That was my main gripe with them.

You're actually fucking deluded if you think that considering several of it's best games didn't support it at all and most of the rest did nothing with it whatsoever.

The 3D effect was and still is a poorly implemented feature that was very rarely ever used with any degree of thought on the dev's part. 3D Land is one of the extremely rare exceptions.

F1 racing, Revelations, any Sega 3D classic like Outrun, Pilotwings, Tetris Axis, a Link Between Worlds, Mario Kart 7, Sticker Star, Dead or Alive, Street Fighter IV, Star Fox 64...

I personally didn't care for it in Echoes and never even tried it in Kirby iirc but I ain't touched ACNL so I might give it a look in sometime.

>Revelations
Which one? I can think of a few games with that in the title.
>classic Sega games
I thought it was genuinely bad in Outrun and After Burner.
>ALBW
They didn't really do anything special with it visually or mechanically. It was a basic implementation that suffered from the usual flaws.
>SFIV
Holy shit I forgot that port even existed.

Resident Evil. Also you're retarded if you start off with 100% 3D. You gotta turn it on to 1% to at least get that sharper image and most games are fine with a 20-30% 3D.

They did a little bit, in the Pokefinder. It's because GF is terrible at optimizing and the game lags like hell in trainer battles, and 3D would absolutely kill it.
It's great in Kirby since the 3DS ones focus on depth based backgrounds and foreground. It was clearly designed to take advantage of it.
ACNL it just makes it nicer overall to play, it gives it a feel like looking into your village from a window.

Never played radiant historia before, what mode?

>Also you're retarded if you start off with 100% 3D
It literally makes no difference since no setting on the slider does anything to fix how badly the resolution gimps the effect or how shitty its usage was in nearly every game on the system.

perfect, there is literally no reason for the alternative

Boys, give a confirmation about a hacking issue.
The R4i Gold 3DS Plus flashcart "Comes pre-flashed with ntrboot", that means I can completely skip
3ds.hacks.guide/flashing-ntrboot-(3ds-single-system)
and jump directly in
3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)
right?

>3Soy thread
OH NO NO NO NO
webmshare.com/play/YeZR5

Action: Metroid: Samus Fucking Returns
Action/Adventure: Zelda: OOT
Platforming: Super Mario 3D Land
Horror: Resident Evil: Revelations
Strategy: Fire Emblem Awakening
RPG: SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI IV
Pokemon: Pokemon UltraSun/UltraMoon
Cute: Kirby Triple Deluxe

Yeah fuck off switches, 3ds is the winner this gen.

Got curious about monster hunter with how monster hunter world blew up so I picked up monster hunter 4 ultimate. I've never played one before, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the game, even though I went in dreading the grind. No idea how the fuck anyone played with the range weapons without a circle pad pro, but after finding one nearby, the bows are pretty fun weapons.

I believe, but why would the game tell you then you shouldn't play it if it is your first time?

Playing Pokemon shuffles new game +

Are SMT IV and Apocalypse really worth it or should I wait until SJR?

I have this exact flashcart but I don't know what "ntr" thing is all about. All I know is that I was able to easily play DS games after copying the 1.6 kernel files onto it using the MicroSD card. So you just plug it in play. My 3DS was already flashed to the most up-to-date B9S and Luma etc. I like to be in the loop.

Why would someone make this...

What do you want me to do? Name every single game that utilized the 3D? Okay here's some more. Ocarina of time, Luigi's Dark Mansion, Mario Kart 7, Shovel Knight, Kid Icarus. Don't reply to me anymore.

Regular
XL is like looking at a mosaic

Anyone?

Artistic expression, it's a good example of modern art and culture.

Go with SMTIV.

The game comes with two modes, right?
>original with less stuff in it
>remix with extra stuff in it
If you play remix for your first time, why would you go back and play the mode with less stuff in it? But if you play the original mode first, you can then play the remixed mode. Basically, how much time do you want to put into the game?

Seconded. You can't go wrong with SMTIV. It blew me away. Definitely in my top 3 games for the system.

IV better than A then?

Strange Journey is a meme game absolutely beloved by people who
>have never played an SMT game before
or
>have never played a dungeon crawler before
It's massively over-rated in almost every way, being a decent entry point for the series but inferior to almost every other title in it. I'd recommend SMTIV over it any day.

>What do you want me to do? Name every single game that utilized the 3D?
Literally just name some that used it notably well to either enhance the gameplay or to really enhance the visuals to actually back up your claims about how great of a feature it was. None of the ones you listed in that post meet either criteria besides KI by the way.

>Don't reply to me anymore.

A is the sequel, and improves the gameplay at the cost of a less interesting story (some would call it "shonen anime" flavored, but it DOES have the classic "kill all your friends" route SMT games tend to have). Worth playing both.

Both SMTIV games are fucking shit, play SJ.

>switch owners bla bla bla
What the fuck are you on? Are you a poorfag that can't buy a switch? I have both switch and 3ds, and I like both.

someone at atlus wants people to experience it the way DSfags did without any of the new content for some reason. they did the same shit with EOU: new mode with remake-exclusive content and old mode without it and they obviously haven't learned how stupid that was.

yes, mainly for Apoc. Apoc has better combat & fusions as well as press turn. SJR has better dungeons and story.

ntr is the codename for 3DS (nitro.) ntrboot is a payload put on DS flashcarts to gain kernal access at boot, using a magnet and button combo.

same here, it looks like it'll be pretty good

What a retard

>ntr is the codename for 3DS (nitro.) ntrboot is a payload put on DS flashcarts to gain kernal access at boot, using a magnet and button combo.
What about ?

They're piratefags, of course they can't afford a Switch because they can't afford it's games either.

those are two guides. the first is how to flash ntrboot to your own DS flashcart. the second is how to run the payload on a 3DS.
>If my card comes with ntrboot installed can I skip the step where I have to install it?
Take a guess.

Soon done.

Just wanted a confirmation, maybe there was something else about that that I needed to know, a simple "yes" without two condescending lines would have been enough.

What model should one buy for DS games (pirated)?

Thieves are the cancer that are killing the 3DS.
Hopefully Nintendo plays hard ball with the Switch and starts bricking systems like Microsoft did. (It's legal, since a bunch of pirates tried to file a class action lawsuit against Microsoft for bricking their systems and the case was thrown out.)

I bought a grip and it's like a completely new system.

Doesn't matter since unless you use a flashcart it sucks on all of them.

New 2DS + XL require a hacked system to hack them though.

Any model can be hacked with a flashcart, google 3dsguide.

>die
I've only been playing 3DS. After EOV, I finally got around to Bravely Second and now Radiant Historia. After that will be Joker 3 and then Strange Journey redux when it comes out.

Still waiting on an English release of Alliance Alive.

>its legal
Maybe in the US

>It's arguably the greatest handheld ever made.
That's the original DS.

Monster Hunter Stories is dope mane. I beat it recently. It's similar to Pokemon in some respects. I hope the switch pokemon game takes some notes from MHS.

Kid Icarus Uprising, NOW. I know you shit tasted faggots haven't played this gem.

Well the 3DS is backwards compatible so it's a moot point.

Does the New2ds "better specs" affects gameplay?

on some games yes

For some reason I feel detatched playing old saves. I have two Monster Hunter XX saves, one that's 98 hours and one that's 56 hours. I can't fucking play them. I've already started a new game, but I want to play G-rank, not this crap.

Best site to buy a flashcart? Just bought a new 3dsxl off ebay, dunno what firmware it's running. Also, I see ds and 3ds flashcarts, will either of them work to put custom firmware on/run downloaded 3ds games?

On some games by default, piracy tools can force it to improve all games though

It is actuallyntge first game I played on the 3ds.
Haven't played.it since release though.

I'm actually using my 2DS more than ever. I am on a SMT craze and started Soul Hackers and soon will play Devil Survivor Overclocked and Devil Survivor 2 record breaker. Then some Shin megami tensei 4 and apocalypse. When Strange Journey Redux comes out I will get that. Still havent gotten Fire Emblem Shadows or Valentia or Pokemon Ultra Sun yet. And I wanted to play Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Great time to be alive.

Google 3dsguide, it has the links you need.

If I buy a used new 2ds xl from Amazon, how high is the chance that it's one people used to transfer a banned account to and just sent it back after?

i marathoned smt 4, devil survivor 1+2, but finally burned out during the last part of soul hackers, fuck that endgame holy shit

From what I heard the unbanning process is simple, but it requires getting a seed from an unbanned 3DS and I don't know how easy it is to get those.

the c-stick on it is the worst thing ever created, the only way you can actually use the thing is to jam your finger nail into it hard which wears it down and ruins it in no time
the 3d effect is pathetic and hamstrings the system
its made of bendy cheap plastic
dual screens is a retarded gimmick
e-shop is filled with cellphone tier trash and five billion pokemon versions for autists
the touch screen sucks anus
the game library for the thing has barely a single good true exclusive

PSP stick is a simple mod

New games by Nintendo WHEN, WHEN???!

even we don't have any release dates for the Sushi game or Dillon 3. What's going on?

>tfw too much of a brainlet to hack 3DS
end my suffering

nds-card.com/ is what I use, pay for one of the non-free shippings and it'll arrive pretty speedy, DHL being the fastest but most expensive. All the flashcarts in image related are DS flashcarts and can be used to get CFW running, and almost all of them can afterwards be restored into a normal flashcart again (the process involves writing over the firmware built into each flashcart). After that you'll want a microSD card, typically 32GB to 64GB, for installing games.
Get a PSP-1000 analog nub, laddy. Tear the C-nipple out and replace it with the PSP nipple. It's a bit weird still but vastly superior, and the system still closes just fine with it.

"Game library has barely anything" is flat-out shitposting, just off the top of my head Monster Hunter (both 3U and 4U), Kid Icarus Uprising, several Kirby games, several Mario & Luigi games, Rhythm Heaven Megamix, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Samus Returns, Dillon's Rolling Western and its sequel, Mario 3D Land. Plethora of Virtual Console titles as well, plus GBA games if you've got a pirate-capable system.

What firmware is it on? I'm a complete brainlet with technology and I managed to follow 3ds.guide just fine

Regular New 3DS. Interchangeable faceplates, and it has that Super Famicom nostalgia if you get it in white.

The process is about as brainlet-proof and brick-proof as it's going to get, up to the point where retards bricking their shit DURING cfw installation is actually almost unheard of. Check out 3ds.guide, it completely holds your hand throughout the process, though it often doesn't explain WHY you're doing something (ie dsp-audio or whatever it was in the Homebrew Launcher; it tells you to run the program but not what it's for or why, it's so homebrew applications not run from the Home Menu have audio)

I want to get comfy but I can't
for months my brother kept pushing me to play xenoblade, and today when I finally decided to start I see how everything is awful! I can't control the camera, the whole game looks blurry, and even if in cutscenes the text looks fine everywhere else they are so small it hurt my eyes
I have no idea what to do with this now

Play the wii version

240p
p

That's what you get for playing the 3DS version. Wii or Dolphin, boy.

Pre-ordered that because Best Buy will never carry it, Target and Walmart are jokes around here, and JewStop will sully the launch edition packaging by ripping everything apart. I just want to play SaGa Frontier 2 again.

Having recently obtained a 2DS XL. what are the best e-shop titles for it at the moment?

A hacked 3DS is the best handheld of all time

>they did the same shit with EOU: new mode with remake-exclusive content and old mode without it
That was retarded. Locked you out of 100% completion for not wanting to touch the shit Story mode. Glad they fixed it in U2.

'Cause Atlus a shit. What they conveniently leave out is that the new scenario is introduced in bits, and at a certain point you can choose to progress through it whenever you want while doing the original scenarios.

>tfw Kid Icarus Uprising is still the best 3DS game, and maybe one of the best games of the decade imo but it came out 6 years ago
Been waiting for something as exciting as that ever since but no dice.

They actually ended up improving on everything. Wouldn't have expected it from FuRyu.

the game that reminded me most of it was Codename S.T.E.A.M
>innovative gameplay
>clever stylus controls
>nothing else like it on the system
>3rd person shooter
>GOAT voice acting
>Campy as fuck

>Wouldn't have expected it from FuRyu.
they hired a bunch of SaGa devs who know their shit to save RPGs

I tried that shit game and the camera was absolute garbage, the worst fucking camera in existence, the combat was crap too.

I dropped that fucking turd of a game and I'm glad that I did it.

Well it's also Cattle Call so it's not entirely FuRyu getting their shit together.

mah nigga
I love the cast of characters & variety of strategy even if some parts were pretty rough

I got mine from r43ds.org

I'm sick of the shitty screen size and resolution. I grow tired of the low poly 3d graphics that have been endemic to handheld games. While it is nice laying in bed playing on my 3DS, I feel that I have to put more effort into laying down in a good posture if playing my 3DS for an extended period so I don't strain my neck or back or something. I also have a TV in my bedroom, and can just as easily play a game on my TV while laying/sitting in my bed however I want.

Also the DS was built on the touch screen meme which never really took off outside of a handful of games. The 3DS was built on the 3d meme that never took off. I don't have a Switch yet (probably will get one once Octopath Traveler is out), but at least it isn't based around a gimmick.

Have a pity (you)

Smash

Incorrect. The best action titles on the 3DS are Monster Hunter and Kingdom HEarts

All you need is to have a bit of reading comprehension, copy a bunch of files to and fro and press some buttons occasionally. If you can read and make sense of this post then guaranteed you'll do just fine.

I love the game but my hands start hurting after playing for a couple of hours. How do you guys deal with the control scheme?

Yes those too.

Is this the one that had compatibility with the FE amiibos

Yeah, but only Marth, Ike, Robin & Lucina

Should I get Rune Factory 4 or Ever Oasis?

You know how Rune Factory is Harvest Moon but with a JRPG fused to it?

Ever Oasis is more like Animal Crossing with an ARPG fused to it.

Pick whichever sounds better, though I think RF4 is objectively a more content rich and well executed game.

Yeah, RF4 is a lot better. Sequel never.

I absolutely love Ever Oasis but I've never seen it recommended before while RF4 is almost always recommended, although I've never played it.

>set up InputRedirectExtended
>using my PS4 controller to play Monster Hunter 4U
/comfy/

>bough a R4i3ds for my DSLite
>if you dare to put a finger on it, it disconnects itself (not eject)

This looks like the art for Arthur in FEH. What is the Jack O Lantern supposed to do

-Steamworld Dig is probably the best $10 I ever spent. Plus the second one is coming to the system as well.
-Pushmo is a really cute but difficult puzzle game.
-Gunman clive is like an old school mega man game
-Mighty switch force is also really good.
-CAVE STORY

Try Gunvolt 1 & 2

Haven't played Ever Oasis, but RF4 is Harvest Moon on JRPG steroid. It's a great game if you are a JRPG fan that also likes farming and town development on the side.

Same artist. Pumpkin guy/Scarecrow (from Wizard of Oz) is immune to stun, makes stun bombs that could be used for cover & hes like a scout. The game itself was pretty experimental & they went more western w/ using folklore characters from mostly American literature.

> Never ever

Ah good I was just hoping he wasn't the bruiser unit.
Idk, the art style turned me off the game initially (plus the reports of bugs) but the game looks moderately fun.

They should've changed the cover art & tone down the colors which made me ignore the game for some time. IMO it looks better in-game because it's toned down. You could give it a try but know that it can get pretty difficult early & moreso after you get the entire team together.