99% of the world's population cannot successfully perform this input

>99% of the world's population cannot successfully perform this input

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9YbdGdvgtfY
youtu.be/mFq_crcVU6k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they don't have the god gene

The sad thing is that with the constant casualization of fighting games I wouldn't even be surprised if the dp motion disappears from existence in a few years

Including me. No shame either. I hate fighting games.

Isn't it just right, middle repositioned down and the diagonal? I'm not fighting game guy but it sounds easy.

Why would I even need to input that sort of input? Sounds like 99% of the world's population plays better games then whatever uses that input.

this move is 2 ez and stupid babies that "hate fighting games" or "don't have hands" can go 2 hek

>99% of people who can do it don't know you don't actually have to perform that movement to execute the dp

Even tr4shfags can do it. You have no excuse

you do in good games

Reminder that this faggot posts this image to trigger and bait FG autists. Reply at your own discretion

No. In sfiv you most certainly do not. There are input shortcuts
Stay scrubbing pleb

Looks pretty accurate to me, how is it bait?

smash should be much higher, it's the most popular fighting game at evo and shit, and the 80-89 tier literally says experienced players are less likely to take them seriously where smash and SFV are the most popular competitive fighting games right now.

Who 63236 here?
Who 6236?
Confess

Request the huge brain 3rd strike pic, anyone?

Shortcuts have ruined me

>smash bros
>2 buttons and 4 cardinal directions
>the most popular fighting series of all time

really make you think...

lol

It's just... huh... some people don't have access to gamepads and huh...

>has mario, link and pikachu on the cover
>always on consoles with relatively few fighting games
doesn't make you think at all......

>cieling
you tried

No I can't and I don't want to. It is such a pointless barrier to performing a fucking action, the whole genre can fuck off. When asked to rationalize why jiggling the joystiq around randomly is required to attack, the only defense is "lol u suck!"

613 master race reporting in

Actually all you need to do is down right/left, down, down right/left
No horizontal inputs needed, don't tell the shitters though

It's not that I can't do it it's that it's annoyingly frustrating. especially when a much easier alternative could easily be implemented.

I'm willing to bet the very extreme majority of people in these threads that spout "lol git gud" don't even play a figther on a regular basis. maybe you bought SF5 or something played it for 17 hours but it's been uninstalled for 9 months now. there's a reason these games have such a small, niche, borderline dead community.

wasnt there even simple fighting games where people ended up quitting or never getting serious about it even if its inputs we're simplified?

Fuck DP motions, how the fuck do people link like four different charge moves in one combo?

No joke I actually booted up GG to check if 632236 worked. Had no idea that that was a thing.
Well not like it matter since I'm a 6236 fag cause I main Sin.

Also, you forgot to mention the dreaded 236236 which depends on the character though

Fuck fighting games, all the obscure shitty inputs for every move is infuriating.

Love wiggling the main stick on obscure directions to pull off a combo that may not even work because I didn't nudge the stick just the right way. Not like it matters anyways because fighting games online are always shit and if the net code doesn't fuck you up it's someone with a infinite combo.

Holy shit you actually suck

Thanks for the eternal laughs, executionlets.

I'm serious, I've played street fighter, soul caliber or whatever it's called, mortal kombat and guilty gear.

It's the most annoying shit when the combo has you wiggle the thumb stick on a weird direction in order to start it, and if you don't flick the stick fast enough or "correctly" the combo doesn't work. And guess what half the characters have different inputs and stick movements for their combos so you either stick with one or two fighters for most of the game or sit down and learn all the inputs (heaven forbid there isn't a training mode like street fighter that shows your inputs)

There's a reason very few games use the thumb stick like that because it's not intuitive at all and it's really easy to fuck up especially when your pulling off more advanced shit.

Yeah I am bad at fighting games I will be the first to admit it, but fighting games also have some of the worst fucking controls in gaming and it is the sole reason they are dying.

Use the dpad you fucking retard

Not until a controller comes out with an eight direction d-pad.

If you are seriously implying the D pad is better than the thumb stick for shit like that then I'm sorry but you must be more retarded then myself when it comes to fighting games.

>they actually think you're supposed to use the thumb stick
OH MY GOD I'M DYING

236236 doesn't work on all games, you typically pull of a Super Art in third strike with this input

>yfw you're better than your friends and basic bitch button mashers but worse than absolutely everyone else

Got a fightstick in the mail a few days ago, only messed around a tiny bit in mvc2 with it. I never expect to be good but I’d like to understand some of the fundamentals in the genre.

I’ve only practiced with ryu so far because he’s babby’s first fighting game character. I can do everything consistently except the motion OP posted. How the fuck do I do it? Am I not supposed to make a z shape?

Those exist

Well I'm still not using them because fuck you.

Are you two fucking serious? do you retards actually use the analog stick for fighting games? Like holy shit no wonder so many newbies suck at execution

In due time but you should play better games.

he said good fighting games bro.

Bro seriously, just try using a dpad and see how it goes.
I used to use the thumb stick too and now I feel retarded for doing it.

People don't know what dedication means anymore. You have to work on you r input, must be sparkling clean. Once you have clean inputs, good timing and a brain the rest is practice and mindgame.

>tfw 1%er

>derr games with a low skill floor are bad

>not being able to DP on any controller [spoler]including Guitar Hero and Rockband controllers[/spoiler]

all you do is Foward, then Fireball motion

Are you fukken serious?
Holy shit

See

Controllers were perfected over 20 years ago,user

Hands down best pad for fighting games

>tfw decent execution
>tfw god awful neutral
I wish my friends played fighting games more often so I could regularly play against people

>People in this thread seriously used the thumbstick in fighting games

You're probably baiting but I unironically agree

how do i git gud at doing those weird movements with the d pad?
i started playing guilty gear the other day and i can't feel like I can consistently perform moves

analog stick should be straight up disabled for the good of these people speaking from experience, when I first started playing I assumed everything besides qcf was impossible

>obscure directions
What the fuck does that even mean? Do you think there's some hidden ninth direction? Or do you not know what left is?

Is a DS4 good for fighting games?

>Anybody who insults Fantasy Strike over simple execution or small movesets is an idiot. The fun and hype parts about Fighting games is not doing gymnastics on a controller, its the outsmarting of your opponent. Ex. you're spamming fireballs at your opponent, he inches in to around jump distance with the intent of jumping a predicted fireball, however, the moment he is actively moving into said space, he's welcomed to an incoming attack from you because you cut your repeated fireball spam short to preemptively dash in or jump in and attack. And the reasoning why this worked is because you knew your opponent wouldn't be looking out for said option because you conditioned him to focus solely on countering the fire ball spam, and that's what fighting games are trying to get at -- the mind games.

>execution and match up knowledge are just stepping stones to get to the mind games, however, they do not define that element. Therefore, Fantasy Strike can work as a fighter despite not having L-cancels, kara-cancels, plinking, charge partitioning, 1-frame links, arcade stick motions. Yes, it can work with a cast that has around 10 moves per char; you don't need 30+ moves to create a grappler, zoner, turtler, pressure based rushdown char, or a mixup/setplay based rushdown char. Yes, you autistic faggots, you can carefully design a single move so it has several different uses.

>In conclusion, Fantasy Strike is the start of a new inclusive approach to fighters that is going to expand the genre while keeping their strategic nature intact by focusing less on 1p training mode and more on player-decisions. And this is a good thing!

do it more? I don't know what kind of answer do you expect,

Try slowing down your movements. It's better to have clean execution starting out than faster execution. You'll get faster over time.

I'm not, this one and the saturn one are the best pads for fighting games. I still prefer arcade sticks tho

>he doesn't play fighting games with a three-dimensional d-pad

no

Ironic shilling is still shilling

I'll use the "just bee urself" of the FGC: whatever you're comfortable with

>no horizontal inputs needed
>right/left.. right/left

Like come on, I know fighting game players are all retarded or black, but this is a new low for levels of intelligence.

youtu.be/9YbdGdvgtfY
like that

You're cute, unironically. Or baiting.

>can do inputs in training
>keep fucking up the timing in real matches

No one with 100 or higher IQ plays fighting games, there's a reason the FCG is full of blacks.

Wait, why the fuck did you list mortal kombat? That game doesn't use those shitty, archaic arcade motions, NRS had the sense to realize most, if not all, new players start on pad so they designed their controls to accommodate that equipment. Also, instead of doing a bunch of shit to make link combos more accessible, NRS just used common sense and designed their games around target combos.

My stupid Saturn adapter has two ports and for some only steam registers that as two controllers so I can't play steam games with it and that makes me angery.
Otherwise it's a fantastic controller except for the top buttons getting a little stiff.
Would recommend.

Take your jargon and shove it up your ass

Alright that's cool~
youtu.be/mFq_crcVU6k

I'm imagining some kind of Rubik's Cube controller.

>playing a game that lets you shortcut 623
>needing a shortcut for 623
what is wrong with you all

I can only input this reliably on a keyboard

Where's Body Blows?

>Press Forward
>While pressing Forward press Down
>While pressing Down press Forward and Punch at the same time

Good luck trying to do that on a D-pad

pretty sure thats just forward, down to forward
someone correct me dont play fighrting games anymore because they are shit

What's happening here? Why is there two independent charge meters for the sonic booms?

Why wouldn't I just do that on a keyboard?

It's easy as fuck as long as your D-Pad isn't shit. What, do you play on non-Playstation?

Pretty much. When I first got into fighting games I saw the Z shape and was like 'what the fuck'. It's a really poor descriptor for what a DP motion is.

Magic and buffering

>Its F.A.N.G but get this... he's a murloc

fuck off, racist

Fuck you guys, I almost got to silver using the analog stick I'm not a scrub I just didn't know