youtube.com/watch?v=38N3L6lFdMI
youtube.com/watch?v=PWbjfqWietQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gloXqXOIIIA
youtube.com/watch?v=ipvXI3jCX8E
youtube.com/watch?v=47DKoSDeOUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=r9de7mRhXWk&t=0s&list=PLCBD7F9C3134DB116&index=4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That's normal for all Monster Hunter games

Because MonHun is one of the few games that people are too busy playing after it releases to shitpost about it.

This is now a MHFU thread.

How many hours did you spent listening to this theme, Cred Forums?
youtube.com/watch?v=__QdAxqBi5Y

What are you talking about? I see more than one thread everyday.

Fucking hate that song to this point.

kdc release

Incredibly easy and lacking content.

Autists are still playing. Normies are jumping on to whatever new game just released because they can't stick with anything.

1 mirrion

>He didn't see the steam stats

>Multiple threads daily on Cred Forums still
>quickly forgotten
What point are you trying to make here OP?

>steam stats
>unreleased game

nice one fampai

>steam stats for a game that isn't out yet.

>It's just the beta!
>It's just the demo!
>B-B-B-BEST MH EVER STUPID SWITCH KEK BASE GAMES NEVER HAVE G RANK KWALITEE UV LYPHE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
lol

Are you ok

Hammer bros report in.

Are you trying to say something? Because i dont get it.

What the hell is your problem, lmao

not on pc and switch

>fastest selling Capcom game of all time
>shatters sales records worldwide
>people too busy playing and having fun to talk about it on Cred Forums
>STILL have at least two threads up at all times, if not 3-5
>”forgotten”
Imagine being a furious falseflagging Switchcuckold. Imagine being this mad that MonHun moved away from worthless underpowered gimmick consoles and onto proper platforms and is now setting new sales records daily, AND THE PC VERSION ISNT EVEN OUT YET.

Holy fuck could Nintendr*nes be any more btfo

Zorah Magdaros hammer all day every day

>No actual sales numbers, just "We shipped 5 million!"
lol

That song is the perfect stress release.
There's just no way you can hold onto tension and listen to it.

You should talk to a doctor, friend.

But why diablos is better in every way.

i hate that i wasted $60 on this shitfest that barely lasted a week
i hate that any criticism against the game immediately gets met with "lel m-mad nintenbro"
i hate sony

More like incredibly uneven in terms of difficulty thanks to some monsters just having bullshit attacks that require very specific tactics.

I fought a Bazilgrease that just no-clipped though a cavern ceiling and bombed me from outside the level before 9/11 diving down through a wall. These levels they made are not designed to handle the fights well.

The endgame sucks. I still had a great time getting there though.

lel mad nintenbro

>Cred Forums gauges success based on twitch views and Cred Forums threads now
This is what happens when the board gets flooded with underage and redditors

Brings a tear to my eye had easily 3k+ hours in that game over a few save files.

Cred Forums has been flooded with those for years

You must be talking about the xbone version. Ps4 is still active especially at end game.

True, but doesn't make his point any less valid.

Just starting out and got to the coral area. Mostly been using the pulsar bow, but I'd like to become familiar with other weapons like the insect glaive.

Assume I'm a pretty big idiot (it took me five hours to figure out I how coatings work). What tips does Cred Forums have for me?

Is this what happens when you have a stroke in the middle of shitposting?

ahaha well meme’d friend, the no players meme strikes yet again from some random faggot that has never played on an xbox one

just like every game, it explodes when it's released, then little by little people leave, most after finishing Low Ranks, others after watching the credits

Guess weebs moved on to some other shit game.

seething

>playing mutli platform games from japan on the xbone
>"wtf where are all the players? :("

>tfw no shindol quadriplegic OL gf

For a game tossed aside and forgotten, Cred Forums has a weird fascination with it because every second thread is still MH World.
Cry more, Nintendo faggot.

>wow no one is playing this game that isn’t out on PC!

Pretty sure game would be on windows store anyway.

Honestly, is it worth buying for PC when it eventually comes out? Do people who have played monster hunter previously like it?

I dunno bro, I seem to get into full games all the time. where are all the players?

I really thought it would have a longer life on Twitch because it is an easy group stream and a game girls can get into and contribute even if they stand back playing bowgun all the time.

>g-got 'em!
Sad

Yes, let's just ignore the part about it being the fastest selling game Capcom ever released.

>spend hours to get ready to kill the elder dragons
>finally beat and watch the credits
>now go kill 2 tempered bagels

FUCKING GAME

>stand back playing bowgun
I hate shit gunners

If the port's not shit then sure

on ps4

Yes, you’re seething Down syndrome. Put a mask on or something, retard.

>longer life on Twitch
It has 0 entertainment value, the flow is garbage aswell.

If you see most of the popular games are pvp-oriented. People like to watch other people get destroyed by other-other people, not watch people destroy some ai monsters.

If you don't want to play the PS4 version until it releases, yes. If you play the PS4 version, then no unless it's some kind of Ultimate edition, which I am hoping for as 8 months delays is just too much without giving any bonus.
As for your other question, yes.

As soon as I moused over the I fucking heard it in my head. Man, I miss FU.

wow really, thanks for the advice man. I’ll stick to playing my Xbox where I don’t have to deal with autists and homosexuals.

Try all kinds of weapons, all of them are fun, you may end up liking a weapon you previously would have never thought you would.
I should have tried hammer years ago for example.

Patches made the game run worse. Since the 1.05 update, I've had monster roars not play any sounds, monsters sliding all over the place or getting stuck on objects and teleporting around them, and all kinds of weird shit. Just today my scoutflies started getting all messed up and stopped tracking anything, just leading me in a circle. Happened on Ancient Forest when tracking a Tobi and on Coral whatever tracking the fluffbat.

damn son, getting this upset like some raging autistic homo. feels good i wont have to deal with that shit

Oh boy, how embarrassing.

Nice damage control.

>b-b-but its not even out yet waaaah
Just admit its dead already.

t. gay autist
thank you come again

Sony didn't make the game, Nindendildo

>what is advertising

it has shit fuck all content
the original game would give you more playtime

Don't use the insect glaive online, please. Those people are the worst. All they do is get in the way of us hammer bros trying to get to the head, and then they trip us constantly. I was in a hunt with two of these morons not 20 minutes ago, and when the Paolumu got knocked down, I couldn't even get a hit in thanks to all the tripping.

>nintendoga/v/'s rump is eternally roasted lmao

It's for Xbox and PS4, if your only mad at Sony then calling you a nintenbro 100% applies. Also Capcom produced the fucking game so why are you mad at Sony?

Monster hunter never belonged on Nintendo consoles to begin with, hopefully they will never go back now. Fuck having to buy a WiiU for the last big monster hunter.

>Finally got to the coral place and rancid waste
>Jumped straight from a Iron swaxe III to a dragon bone swaxe
>All this fucking dragon element

let me rephrase then

i hate that capcom gutted monster hunter to appeal to casual dudebros who mainly play on sony consoles and drop games after a week for the latest shiny AAA shitfest

i forget xbox even exists most of the time

all the consolewar shitposting and muh sales isn't gonna stop it being my least favorite monhun game

People are waiting for the Switch version

Most monsters that aren't Elder Dragons take little to no damage from Dragon, just a tip

Gutted it? How so?

The game needs a wave button so I can say hi to Tzi-tzi or Kulu-ya-ku when they walk by.

thatll be 4.99 plus tip for the wave dlc pack

There's no tipping in digital stores. That's only a thing in restaurants or for food delivery.

>h-here's how MHW can still flop, bros...

They include digital sales in the shipped number

>that perfectly condensed layout with everything you need at an arms length

god i miss old village design. sick of running about and loading between different locations to do shit

Yeah, but now I don't really have to worry getting a swaxe end-game weapon.
Just gotta upgrade it

the game is ps4 exclusive in japan, sony has exclusively handled all the marketing and publicity for the game

>quickly forgotten and tossed aside
I guess if youre stuck on xbox. Everyone else is still having fun, threads are still active and twitch views are still high. Meanwhile the 3ds version of mh4u is dead. Rip.

As a long time monster hunter player let me say FUCK YOU

The game was so much worse on portable consoles and on the Wii and Wii U before Capcom went and made necessarily quality of life changes in order to keep the series alive.

Feel free to whip out your psp and play untie or your 3ds to play generations or whatever but I can't anymore because those games are just objectively worse then World. World has actual online with voice chat, world is on an actual console with real graphics, you can actually finally move the character the way you want to this time. Also no fucking loading screens in the map, that alone makes it 100% better then any other game in the series. The games were hard before because of bullshit things like shitty camera and not being able to move when drinking potions. Now that I don't have a fucking claw hand after playing for a day it just feels like a better game.

I'm sorry you feel it's been "westernized" but when you spew that buzzword out to me it just means they improved the game. I hope capcom continues to alienate people like you from the franchise, monster hunter can only improve because of it.

Smashmagda erryday
Boun Flower too

So? This is a English fucking message board I don't know what the fuck happens in Japan. The rest of the normal world it's on two different consoles.

Here's an MH guide to new fans of the series so you know which games to play.

Casual: Easy to pick up and play even if you've never played an action game before. Good if you want to have fun for a while, slay a bunch of monsters and then move on to a different hobby.

>Monster Hunter World
>Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
>Monster Hunter Freedom Unite iOS

Core: Familiarity with games are required for these, which have strict mechanics forcing you to adapt to the game's structure to win. Good if you take joy from accomplishment and bettering yourself.

>Monster Hunter Tri
>Monster Hunter 3U
>Monster Hunter 4U
>Monster Hunter Generations
>Monster Hunter XX

Hardcore: Brutal, sadistic and extremely satisfying, these games force you to swim through bullshit and crawl over glass just so you can boast about how you did. Not for the faint of heart.

>Monster Hunter Dos
>Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Christ, at this point MHW gets more shitposting than BB. Why does this game attracts so many shitposters?

No it isn’t you absolute fucking retard.

Moving to consoles is a good thing overall for the series and its future, but that doesn't make World a good game

>unite objectively worse than world
that is a lethal dose of shit taste
i have seen seen a man so wrong in my entire life

>"actual online"
>has the worst online in the series

Xbox One X master race here, and I still have people popping into my lobbies. Also ran into Korean and Chinese players in the crazy hours late at night. So it's definitely not dead here yet. 120+ hours and just beat Xeno. Now I have all my elemental weapons maxed and ready to move on to the tempered monsters(still don't really know anything about them).

I love it so much I exclusively use Pokke as my offline village in Gens and XX.

fuck, I'd bury my cock DEEP into her

>loading between different locations
What are you talking about? There are no loading screens in Astera other than your room and gathering hall

voice chat has been in the series before
characters control the exact same as they have before
a second of loading for segmented areas is better than 2 minutes of loading before and after quests on top of the insane load times for towns and the house
every single monster hunter post gen-1 has been able to use dual sticks for the camera

and >muh grafix is never an argument, it runs worse than every other game before it

As a long time monster hunter fan I have been saying either pick up world or don't. The rest of the monster hunter titles are shit now after World has been released.

Have fun chugging your potions standing still like an idiot.

That's the issue with casuals. To them, MHW is just another action game. People are still playing MHFU, 3U and 4U for a reason - They're unique.

Imagine being this brain damaged.

I got the game for free on Xbox.

Multiplayer matchmaking has been barely working since launch. I finished the mission where you use cannons and ballistas on the big lava dragon, and I still have no idea what the fuck I’m doing, what to do with all of these fucking weapons, all of these armor “classes” which are just sets made from certain monsters, and if I should be doing more damage than 1-20 with my bow and arrow at level 4 or some shit.

Blazblue is great

Children think wojacks are hilarious and the tradition of having stupid bait OPs for MH threads has been entirely lost on a generation of newfags that actually take them seriously.

You haven't even fucking played Unite you ass, as someone who has 400 hours in that I was so glad we have an objectively better alternative.

Consolefags meets MH autism

Well you got it on Xbox, PS4 has online working day 1.

Oh fuck off, you haven't even played World, you retarded shitposter.
>characters control the exact same as they have before
Lol

Characters control different, jumping on monsters and being able to move while chugging and dodging out of sharpening. It's much for fluid and forgiving then it was before. Have you even played the other monster hunter titles before shitting on world?

it is, check amazon jp if you don't believe me

Well all ive heard from people playing on xbox is matchmaking problems and empty lobbies but hey if lawbreakers can fill a lobby then im sure mhw on xbox can do it too. Besides the solo is still fun too.

>120+ hours
>JUST beat Xeno

Stay bad

ive been mh playing since ps2 dont tell me what i havent played you fucking mongrel

someone did.
it was Kirin

>he has problems with the game so he must not have played it

Cuz I don't have it yet

The load times on a standard PS4 are ridiculous, but on a Pro they're totally reasonable. Loading between zones is dead and gone forever, time to deal with it.

isn't there a wave gesture?

Calm down and have your drink

Xbox version is dead sadly.

Post favorite monster weapons
Max rank Pukei hammer

I’ve played with Japs on the Xbox. There is nothing more to discuss.

Am I supposed to not know what the hell i’m doing this far in the game, though? I’m just slowly DPS’ing monsters until they die, harvest their parts, and repeat. I’ve never played the Monster Hunter franchise before.

How does that make him bad? I'm at 100 hours and I just got the three elder dragon targets. I've spent tons of time just joining SOS games and helping people hunt shit.

even on the pro they're shit, check the DF video and any other technical analysis, the only way you're going to get reasonable loading times is with an SSD

did major nelson move to japan or something?

It's obvious you fucking haven't buddy and it's clear by your post you are trying to hide it.

World is an objectively better game, go back to your 3DS while the rest of the fanbase moves on to bigger and better things.

the xbone version is import only

> Performs worse

I'm playing the Bone X version and it's smooth as butter. I have no idea what you're talking about. Average load screen is under 30 seconds.

I'm playing it on a Pro, they're totally fine.

FU is honestly closer to core, and hardcore should add Freedom 1. FU is not as brutally hard as people make it out to be. It's definitely the easiest gen 2 title(at least before G rank).

I stopped playing for two days and now suddenly all I think about is crafting new weapons, trying out different weapons, theorycrafting mixed sets, and whatnot.

This game has taken over my life.

>Largest amount of monsters in any MH game
>Largest amount of quests in any MH game
>Largest amount of weapons in any MH game
>Styles letting newcomers play easy mode while Guild exists as to maintain the classic MH experience for veteran hunters
>Arts diversifying the moveset while opening new strategies, again being completely optional for purists
>Starts out simple but ends up with the hardest fights in the series
>10/10 soundtrack
>Excellent nostalgia pandering
>Active online
>Available on two platforms

Right before a series dies, a flash of brilliance is shown. That flash is Monster Hunter XX.

Its only issue was following the coattail of 4 similar MH games on the same platform. In 10 years when MH is still casual shit, we will look back and realize that MHXX was the finest of them all.

That post is under the assumption that it took him 120+ hours JUST to get there. Not including SOS or arena, or even online with friends

As a straight grind, solo, it shouldn't ever take someone 120+ hours to get to Xeno.

I'm playing it on a Pro, loading times are still in the minutes on a new machine

I still played with Japs on the game.

thats the same for the base ps4 version wtf

>spews off lie that is obviously wrong to anyone who has played the game
>y..y...you guys are just saying that because you don't have any legitimate arguements

No bud it's because it's obvious you don't know what your talking about.

Diablos GS
I will never lose to Jho when he comes.

You must consider anything over 4 seconds unreasonable then. I've been playing on a PS4 Pro, and the load times haven't been an issue in the slightest. I played a bit on my buddy's standard PS4, and yeah, that gets you some seriously shitty load times. But on the Pro, they're no better or worse than most games.

that doesn't mean the game actually released there, you can input kana and language options on any region copy

>monster hunter xx
>can't play online with voice chat
>can't move while chugging potions

Sorry I will stick to world.

The best part is that Bazels don't get along with each other. So they'll just blow each other up.

That hunt is super easy.

You got a bad hard drive in there or something then. The longest load time I get on my Pro is just starting up the game and getting into it, and even that is less than 45 seconds. Everything after that is nice and short.

the base ps4 and xbox version run the game at a sub-30 fps consistently, much worse than the base hardware of any game in the series before it

Still played with Japs, the games in their game list were Japanese, everything they said in-game was Japanese. Their fucking profiles were all in moon rune.

i want to get this but i don't know how to read moonrunes. it can't be that hard to play, can it?

oh really now... I think I'm gonna bring some popcorn to this mission tonight

Playing on launch PS4 the load times are fine. Like holy shit buddy do you want it to load up instantly? Fucking get a SSD and a intel chip and fuck off from console gaming.

I'm excited to get to that point now. So far the best monster dual I've seen was Diablo vs Black Diablos.

if you've played any other game in the series besides World, it's easy to get into

>120 hours to get to xeno
you must have spent half of that searching for a lobby cos thats insane

The 3DS version has a UI translation if you have CFW but obviously the Switch version is better for thumbsticks and a bigger screen.

>any criticism of the game is still met with
>huurrr nintendo hurrr
>even a month after launch

man I love this site

Someone post the meme of two diablos fighting over a cactus

Maybe he was playing the game and having fun? Nobody is required to just rush through the story. I've spend dozens of hours doing investigations and helping people with their SOSes. I'm at like 90-something hours and only last night did the Nergigante story hunt.

>No g rank
>least content of any MH
Enjoy your $60 tutorial

It's because Nintendo dorks are mad that monster hunter is never coming back for their consoles and it's actually doing well on western consoles.

Like I'm sorry bros but this is the best monster hunter now that all my buddies can play with me instead of sitting on the bus with my ds being a lamozoid.

This is sadly accurate.

So World is casual garbage. So what? That doesn't mean anything. P3rd was fairly casual too, and people assumed MH was kill.

But they failed to realize that MH team's only sustenance is the tears of casuals. The next game had Brachydios and 2 arena monsters all over the place. The game after that introduced Frenzy and after that fucking Apex. World is not the end, it is merely a sidestep.

If I were a casual, I would be afraid.

180 hours worth I have for sure, starting a new character next week.

I don't even understand posts like this . Like why the hell do people feel the need to aggressively defend flaws with the game? I enjoy it don't get me wrong but the level of either genuine stupidity or just trolling for the sake of it just makes me more tired than anything else.

As if World couldn't be anymore garbage.

P3rd wasn't a mainline numbered game and almost none of its mechanics continued over onto the next game

MH was never a DS game

No I just don't fucking get why loading times is a flaw? I still get into my mission at the same time as everyone else, so what I have to wait an extra 20 seconds.

Why do you feel the need to nitpick about load screens, do you just sit and stare at them angrily because they are making you wait? It's like 40 seconds max on a base PS4.

Like I said if you can't handle load screens you A, shouldn't be playing monster hunter at all, and B would probably feel better owning a gaming pc so you can control that.

>180 hours worth
Do you think this is a lot for a MH game?

Fuck off nigger this is a sony thread.

See, I know they SAY World is a mainline numbered title, but I know Capcom. Unless there's a 5 in the title, it's not. Think about it - The next game isn't going to be named MH6 because that would just confuse people.

Is a 3DS not a ds? It's 2018 do I really need to add the 3 there? Stupid nintednerdZ

Is Vita a PSP?

Bruh, since when is MonHun a race? I'm not gonna say I'm pro but I've been playing since Freedom Unite and since then have played a shitton of hours all together(same weapon too since I'm autistic like that). Anyways, I'm playing with two friends and I've helped a newbie friend get to high rank as well. Also I've grinded out a few sets of gear and charms and have pretty much every weapon maxed on my weapon's tree.

I spent 300 hours in Gen and I didn't even like it. I played MHFU for 1200 hours.

So is MH good now? or do i still have to fight the shit camera and controls?

What's a vita? Never heard of that before

>Is a 3DS not a ds?
No. Retard.

They improved everything, it's actually good and it's not on the kiddie consoles so you actually have online.

Whatever you say

everything about it is perfect, if you don't think so go back to playing your 3DS

It always happens with Monster Hunter. People jump on the game and after few weeks the enthusiasts are left which is only a good thing. Game, even if this is the easiest Monster Hunter to date, still gets rid of all the shitters automatically. People jump on the next big thing which is probably Metal Gear Survive or some other bullshit AAA loot box infested crap.

Which Monster Hunter games have you played?

don't worry, they added lock-on for you and now you can run around while healing

though i've still seen people complain about being locked in place for their attacks, not being able to dash-cancel out of everything, and not having their attacks go where the camera is pointing

Works on my machine

Maybe you should play the game. You're part of the Fifth Fleet. They call you a Fiver. This is Monster Hunter 5.

Is this the super mario odyssey thread?

Kiranico lists the english and japanese names of everything right next to each other.

mhxxx.kiranico.com/buki/49598

It's actually pretty brilliant.

Least content of any MH, no g rank, less skills, and more cinematic and casualized

Ah, you're right. My mistake.
That'll be $7.99.

These kids will do anything they can to feel superior to others, including rushing through a game just so they can say they did it faster, while completely ignoring the fact that the people they're making fun of are still playing the game and having a good time.

and XX had 6 flagship monsters, 6 styles, a 6 monster logo, and 6 as a major number

does that mean it's the 6th gen game?

I'll wait for MH5. Not interested in a MH with such little content.

You need to be punched in the face

I feel like I'm the only person who likes Jungle.
youtube.com/watch?v=ypNJgf7AmE4

It's best MH! None of that kiddie shit that was on the Niggerdo consoles!

Are you mentally handicapped?

The DS and 3DS are entirely different platforms from different generations, fucking brainlet.

>>quickly forgotten

dude we have HOURLY threads and over 6 million sales

are you?

Has anyone punched you in the face yet?

wait for Monster Hunter World Ultimate, which'll be the better version of World.

This was actually going to be called Monster Hunter 5, but the directors liked World for some autistic reason.

It's alright. The jungle's monster selection kind of sucks.

Are you?

No, because I understand that external shit like pretty pictures around the logo don't mean a god damn thing. Stay mad, Nintendbro. You'll never get another Monster Hunter.

I mean I get your point, but they really hammer down 5 A LOT in the story and just gameplay, 5 is practically fucking everywhere in the game except the title.

>407364309
(You)

What outfit is that?please

Still playing World but wish they would release the switch version of XX in English.

Funny you say that considering the "kiddie consoles" actually have better online than World.

>being this delusional
Fucking Capcom said that this is MH5. You're not getting MonHun back on your shitty handhelds, nintenbros. Just stop.

Prefer world to 5 because this feels like a whole new monster hunter franchise since it's a much better game.

Everywhere except the only place that matters.

Don't feel bad that it's not MH 5, MHFU didn't have a number either.

FU was called Portable 2nd G in nipland

The switch doesn't EVEN HAVE ONLINE SERVICES and if your honestly telling me the Wii U and the 3DS had good online you can fuck right off nintenbro.

With this monster hunter I can bring someone from my friends list into my online session by inviting them, and then voice chat either through the game or through the online services in a party.

Nintendo consoles cannot do that, you need a room code and you don't have a friends list and no online voice chat for the most part.

We had far more threads after the release of 3U.

Hahaha

You know they could just have an in-game friends list like 4U did right? And iirc Nintendo's had actual friends lists and shit since they launched Nintendo Network after the 3DS and WiiU were out for a bit

In that case, only MH games with a number in the japanese title are mainline. World is on par with Frontier, Online and Stories.

It's pointless to discuss, only time will tell what Capcom decides to do with the franchise.

yeh but all of them were complaining about the underwater combat

Yeah no, 3U was a steaming shit pile that made me regret buying a Wii U for the game in the first place.

Shitpost but I'll bite

>least content of any MH
straight up lie. It's about in the middle in terms of content for a mainline game. PLUS, free monsters as DLC.

>no g rank
No base monsterhunter game has shipped with G rank. See above(and this also doesn't rule out G rank in the future in a Street Fighter Arcade Edition sort of situation where there's a retail refresh later down the line and free download for original users)

>less skills
possibly, but not by much. Though there are tons of new combat mechanics like sliding and wall running not to mention environmental hazards/traps.

>more cinematic
hardly. The cinematic are short and are hardly over a minute or two a piece. you definitely haven't played the game. The longest cutscene is like 3-4 minutes at the end of the campaign.

>casualized
It's easier to start and they are a bunch of quality of life improvements that long time players can appreciate. Once you get into High Rank the real challenge starts and that's fine. It's not like the other games had hard starter hunts. This is a bullshit lie.

>The switch doesn't EVEN HAVE ONLINE SERVICE
but you can play XX online just fine?
not that I expect you to know because World is your first MH game, but guild cards worked the same as a friends list before World, and on top of that, you usually played with people locally instead of online, so voice chat wasn't needed, you also didn't need to pay a sony/microsoft tax to use your own internet to play online

nargacuga

Can you make it more obvious you've never actually played a game in the series before world?

Does the switch have voice chat?

tri on wii had better online than world

>all this mad
>every sentence is a double spaced paragraph
Wew

every single monster hunter game has had a number in it barring the mmos and spinoffs, World is the first to be called something else as to not scare off newcomers to the series

Why do most hammers look garbage in this game? I get that the lower levels of weapons might look more generic, but surely the top upgrade of each hammer should look unique? The water/paralyze/fire hammers all look boring

sup Mike

R E D D I T
S P A C I N G

>Newfags so fucking new they don't remember 3U

3U had more threads pre-release than World has now. The announcement alone sparked more interest than MHW.

damn I thought it was in world. That's disappointing guess it's doggo for me.

I had both tri and the Wii U one and that's a flat out lie.

How can any Nintendo console compete with Sony or Microsoft when it comes to online? they don't even have half the online functunality?

I mean can you even voice chat with anyone on a Nintendo console?

Not that guy but why are you having such a shit fit? Even I don't find Freedom Unite all that bad, and that's coming from someone that started with Tri and bought a PSP for the sole purpose for playing the former. From a gameplay stand point what World does is nice, but I sure as hell wouldn't consider it the best game in the series.

World has about 45 minutes total of unskipable cutscenes

>tfw your city/town doesn't has Pokke village bgm 24/7

fuck off nintendo kiddy

Might be in eventually, it would benefit a lot from being able to walljump like Tobi-Kadachi instead of grinding its face into walls on every pounce

Dude, older games have had literal HOURS of text to read through at the start of the campaigns.

>continues reddit spacing
>continues proving World is his first MH

Just got to the Poisonous Wastes or whatever, can someone let me know what weapons are good cause so far it's taking a good 30-40 minutes to kill the giant rolling ball of spikes.

The time its taking to kill stuff is increasing to the point where I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

>spend time grinding out for Rathalos HR set
>Medulla and Gem I needed for my last two pieces drop in same investigation
>all that Weakness Exploit and Attack Up

Is it bad if I'm taking my time getting to Nergigante because I'm a completionist and want to do all the rank 7 quests first before I get to that point?

Also for the one monster that uses Great Jagras skeleton in Elder's Recess, is there anyway to mitigate blast damage apart from building his set and stacking Blast Resistance?

>implying voice chat was crucial in hunts

>what is mashing through text
you could at least do that in previous games, you can't even skip the cutscenes this time around, on top of the forced half hour walking tutorial at the beginning of the game

also your reddit spacing is giving you away, you need to go back

What kind of mental illness is this post?

Only ten monsters that weren't recolors or from previous games.

>campaign
>same retarded spacing
please stop pretending to have actually played games before world, you immense fucking retard

Rolling 3 times removes Blastblight, like Fireblight

Because the games are just unintuitive and unpolished compared to world. It doesn't have the monster count but it is the first monster hunter to have a living breathing environment for the most part and every monster in the game has a lot more polish then other monster hunter titles.

To me it's fucking nostalgia fags bitching about this monster hunter either because it switched to actual consoles away from Nintendo, or they are mad the game actually made the necessary quality of life improvements to keep the franchise alive. I'm just glad it's only Cred Forums hating this stuff and normal people driving the sales this time around.

What weapons are you using?

Started playing 4U. Can't fucking stand how often smaller monsters interfere with my hunts it's aweful. I have to go around and cull all the smallies everytime my target switches areas or I risk a cart it's a pain. Also how often monsters consist of only charging back and forth over and over is grating after a while, and could go without getting knocked out of my combos by everything even monsters lowering their heads to take a breather. Other than that loving it so far.

you can stop now, it's honestly embarrassing at this point

Max Niggergante Chargeblade

Huh, good to know, either I missed the Handler telling me how to deal with that or I never got the prompt, now I feel like an idiot the two times I've fought it so far I've always taken the explosion.

Big hitsparks (or orange damage numbers if you keep those on) mean you're hitting a weakpoint, keep doing that.
Check the forge to see if you can make a stronger weapon

It is though!

I played Unite online and fucking hated it.

Played tri online and the Wii U one and same problems with coordination arose.

With World I can actually talk to people and kick anyone without a mic out of the session.

Why would you play an online game without a mic I just don't understand.

I really liked that doujin
like alot
;_;

>living breathing environment
Aside from the occasional turf wars, how?

You have already been exposed as never having played a MH before World.

Is that the best you have? I don't even know how to browse Reddit, the fucking site is a mess. 45 minutes total for all the cutscenes is fucking nothing dude. Like I said, less than 2 minutes for most of them and if you can't sit through that you're a turbo autist.

Nice argument, champ. See above.

I have never seen a reddit this powerful before

Honestly after that statement I don't think you have bud.

hello shill

Is the game worth it if I'm mostly interested in the character creation rather than the monster hunting part?

no

Malady's Fist II reporting in

You're probably bad, and you've played with people who are bad. The game was designed so you don't need voice chat. If everyone knows what they're doing the hunt will go just fine. Between all the games I've played over a thousand hours at least and hundreds of those were spent on MH Tri on the wii with online and no voice chat and everyone did just fine.

No. Enjoy the game at your own pace. There's no raid at end game you need to worry about getting to.

>polish
>quality of life
>hasn't played a single game in the series prior to world yet pretends to know everything about it
capcom shill bingo right here

Are you genuinely defending World's awful weapon design? That shit is ridiculously the worst thing in the whole game.

>no u

You still have your shitty handheld games to go back to without voice chat, go play those. World is the best game in the series by a mile.

Yeah I played with shitty people and wasn't the best. In World however I created a community and got a squad running with 8 regulars that all chat. It's so much better being able to chat on hunts and communicate versus what it was before.

I'm sorry but online games are meant for voice chat and it makes playing World a lot better.

Managed to suck 200 hours out of me so far. Playing KCD while waiting for my buddy to get bored of Destiny 2 and join me on MHW (should be soon).

Once he does I plan on starting a new character so another 100 hours easy.

I do still have my 3ds games, but I want to play the newest game.
And for a new game supposedly "the best in the series," it has the worst fucking weapon designs in the series.

>quickly forgotten and tossed aside not even a month from release

Imagine waking up every day and being so desperate for attention that you come to Cred Forums and make "controversial" threads to get replies. Yikes.

Are you aware that MH has been on Sony and Nintendo home consoles as well as Sony and Nintendo handhelds?

No, you aren't. Because World is your first MH and you are 16 years old.

You want to play but you can't because you have nothing but nintendo systems to play on. The weapons in this game are amazing with natural progression instead of dumb anime fantasy shit all over. Maybe Capcom will throw you a bone in a few years kid.

What's wrong with the weapon design? No memes or hyperbole, please.

>Because the games are just unintuitive and unpolished compared to world.
That's where I'd have to disagree. Previous games have a lot of polish, what you have to remember is Monster Hunter is doing exactly what Pokemon and Dragon Quest have been doing for 20+ years. At the core each game is similar, but they improved on the gameplay with each title. Hell as a result of all the changes they made I'd argue World has the most questionable level of 'polish' so far.
>To me it's fucking nostalgia fags bitching about this monster hunter either because it switched to actual consoles away from Nintendo
Or it's because they've grew up with the series and don't think World is all that. It's not a hard concept to grasp. I'll never understand these people who act like the series moving away from Nintendo is the second coming of Christ when in reality, who gives a fuck really? It's on a console now, that's nice. Doesn't mean I don't want another portable title because believe it or not some of us do like hunting wherever we go.

He roasted ya

Play Generations on a non-New 3DS and tell me that

I played tri online with a keyboard to chat and had no problems coordinating for a hunt.

>playing videogames in public
Grow up, manchild.

No content and everyone got through it super fast because it's easy as all fuck and only like Odoggo and Nerg ever walled anyone

youtube.com/watch?v=Orbz3Astxx4

>180 hours worth
I quit at 102, I'm not sure where you're finding all that time but I'll just assume you grinded low rank for fifty hours.

World definitely isn't the best game in the series yet but it's the most playable and shows potential for the future. The foundation has been laid and future entries will only get better. Right now I think 4U has been my favorite gameplay and content-wise with 3U coming in at close second but World is 3rd and if they keep updating the content or add G-Rank in the future it'll definitely get boosted. Or at least the next monhun(if it has even more content) will be the best one to date. So right now it's the best playing Monster Hunter(with all the new mechanics and additions) but not the best in terms of a gigantic package of content.

>criticizing World automatically makes you a nintenbro
I'm sorry you're too poor to afford more than one console
>amazing with natural progression
yes, since bone blades to clubs to bone blades with pink handles really is amazing

I grew up with the series since getting the game on the PSP and going so far as buying THAT FUCKING FAILED WII U to play at one point. World is everything monster hunter was meant to be, playing unite it's clear to see that World was the true vision for monster hunter.

I honestly don't see why people think otherwise, do you not remember the crab claws you had to do? The shitty room codes? The loading screens?

Yeah we don't have many monsters but we have the best base game with the best mechanics so far. World is the true monster hunter and there is a good reason they didn't add 5 to the title because it's going to blaze a path for all other monster hunters to follow in its wake.

Seething.

What is the sexiest weapon and why is it pic related.

The maps are exactly the same as they were in previous monster hunter games. Monster A in area B, gathering spot X in area Y etc. The only difference is that now you have to walk through tedious tunnel like transition areas instead of just moving from area to area via a half second loading screen. The "breathing environment" meme has to die, this shit actually makes the game much worse to play.

seething.

Even if that's low for a MH game that's still 10x the amount of gameplay than your average "AAA" release.

while i am a big fan of the zorah hammer i switched to the Diablos Shatterer II with Non-Elemental slotted in, jesus that raw.

>all this console shitflinging
You people are the fucking worst and I hate you so much. I just want to hunt monsters and you all gotta bring your stupid fucking company loyalties into every single thread on Cred Forums and make those shitty wojak threads. I want to go back to pre-2014

why compare it to different games entirely when you could compare it to the other games in the series?

>The weapons in this game are amazing with natural progression instead of dumb anime fantasy shit all over
Oh come the fuck on, no one thinks this. The Bone lance, Water lance and Dragonbone lance are all the SAME FUCKING MODEL slightly tinted differently. The weapon models blow fucking chunks. I like the game, I'm HR40something and I have 140 hours in it, but the weapon designs are ass

Hey let’s discuss actual problems
>some maps don’t feel good to fight in, like some of the tight corridors of the ancient forest being a clusterfuck
>no endgame since no G rank
>warhorn still fucking sucks
Das all I can think of

>actually defending segmented maps
Mad ninbab spotted.

Because this is a brand new generation of MH. Every other MH game used the same low resolution graphics for over a decade.

>do you not remember the crab claws you had to do

I was doing that shit in MH1 too, faggot, and I still do it in world

Weapon mechanics and additions are all good except GS was completely changed but most of the rest of the mechanics are shit. Or are you telling me you love having the camera swung out of control for flies?

You could voice chat in 3U. Hell the only time I've even used a mic in World is when I was playing with friends, every other hunt I've been in has been dead silent other than that.

>He has to lie to try and make a point.

Get over it, World is the best Monster Hunter ever, it's head and shoulders above all of your handheld games in every aspect, the weapons look great.

Wrong. Holding down a button to gather is a QoL change. Removing armor mixing is removing the only RPG and character building aspect of the franchise.

MH is a game. It needs rules to work. You always have plenty of potions but can't move while healing - Thus you still need to avoid taking damage. Now you can run and taking damage is irrelevant. Did the game cut down on your potion supply? Did the game make the monsters more aggressive? Hell no.

This is like if someone made Chess 2.0 and cut the board in half, removing the knights for being overly complex and merging the king/queen. This is like if

>best game
>no G Rank
every time

>not even reading the post

World was a mistake

you didn't answer my question, every new generation of monster hunter was compared to the previous games as well

>camera swung out of control for flies
That never happens in battle so it's not a problem. What else are you gonna cry about?

Not only that but your cat practially tosses you full heals with that wasp every 3 minutes. This series is for babies now.

The environment is miles ahead of any monster hunter title.

You have improved fishing, small animals all around the environments that you can not only capture but have in your room as pets. They move around and different ones come out depending on the day.

The maps are all connected now so it's not like previous titles where you exited one area and then entered another, sometimes from weird angles that didn't really make sense looking at the map.

Also the monsters are much more active during hunts and attack each other which is pretty cool.

If armor mixing is the only RPG component then what do you call weapon and armor forging

>Iron lance, and the non-krin electric lance are the exact same
Did other weapons get shafted this hard? I have like six unique looking lances between all fifteen fully upgraded lances.
Hell a good chunk of those are just bone with skin wrapped around the base.

Potions take longer to drink now
>Did the game make the monsters more aggressive?
Yes?

>All these mad nintendo kiddies seething over not being able to play the best game in the series

Can't you just get a job instead of sitting in the basement all day? A PS4 is only a couple hundred dollars.

I don't disagree with World being casualized, but palicos/shakalakas in the past have given occasional heals

No?

5 fight money has been deposited into your account.

I don't know, but used copies are clogging up ebay. I can already buy it for a little over $30. Think I'll wait a little longer.

The fact that every zone has a hallway between each other zone really annoys me. Once I noticed it I saw it on every single map.

potions still take 3 seconds from animation start to finish, and monsters are nowhere near as aggressive as they were in previous games, even at high rank, the overly long tells on most moves makes them the easiest they've ever been

Not as much as the palicos do in World with them giving you free wasps every minute and being able to put down a station so you can have a free wasp whenever.

Cats have been around forever and also you can leave them if you don't want them.

I agree they should of made the game harder to balance out the quality of life changes. However that doesn't detract from the fact that this monster hunter has the best gameplay of the entire series.

>All these mad nintendo kiddies seething over not being able to play the best game in the series
You'll have to point out where these people are.

I can see where you're coming from.
The part that irks me is how fucking retarded the AI for them are though, they'll never hit you while stunned but will shit out a wasp when you're lightly grazed.

you've never been able to get on-demand healing with the cats or shakas, they always just do it whenever they wanted before. And >don't like it don't use it is a terrible argument and you know it

Yeah I should have another look in the Smithy cheers. Thanks for the orange numbers tip. I'm using the insect glaive, and at 20hrs I feel like I'm starting to jump around less autistically and kinda going where I want. Feels good.

But while you're here can I ask a few questions:
1. How do I reliably mount monsters? Is it a dedicated button, or more of a ''you pressed attack above the monster at the right spot'' scenario?
2. How do I figure out what monsters are weak to?
3. Should I power through the story (firing off SOS flares to kill stuff) or sit tight, maybe look up what materials to find, and see what weapons I can make? Again I'm at the poison wastes.

Thanks for your time.

Well no fucking shit every monster hunter was like that except you had those hallways as loading screens. Such a fucking stupid criticism

>forgotten
>nearly 400 replies
l-o-l

I've had my palico break out a wasp as soon as I discover a monster, after like the second of third time I hit it. Why the hell would they allow the AI to try to heal you when you haven't even taken any damage?

This is pretty good bait OP. 10/10

The on-demand healing is just speeding up what they do on their own. It has cooldowns. And sometimes it is a shitty argument but I've been mad about companions since Tri. I'm glad you can leave them because they're a crutch. It's basically having an option to change the difficulty setting.

>And >don't like it don't use it is a terrible argument and you know it
Why? Only shitters use vigorwasps, just use plunderblade and stop whining.

The only remotely aggressive monsters are the azure rathalos and nergante.

you have to hit monsters while in the air to build mount, the more you mount, the less effective it gets
you can ask the ecological research guy and he dhows you weakness charts and hitzones for monsters
play the game at your own pace, you can power through or take your time and do all the optional stuff if you want, although getting better weapons will definitely help with killing things

"Don't like it don't use it" is a perfectly reasonable stance for this. All you have to do is just not use the command for a vigorwasp, and wow, look at that, your palico isn't healing you on demand!

Yes and they've never healed as much as they do now. I have two cats with healing horn powers in Generations and they never healed me nearly as often as my one cat in Worlds.

if there was a weapon that killed everything in one hit and made you invincible, would you be fine with it too? you could just not use it if you didn't like it after all

>Worlds

This is a non issue since you can literally leave them behind. Basically you're saying it's too easy to play with a cat now, but you're also scared to hunt alone?

Oh, so you're just shitposting. Move along then.

should have released it on nintendo

Well yeah since it was obviously for babies who couldn’t finish the game
You’re not a baby, are you user?

>it's a HR game
>no guild quests for actual solo challenge and need to play Multiplayer
>crafting, combining, Farming is all Stream lined and not as much of a grind, How many Gems have you gotten outside of investigation rewards?
>Damage numbers and Skills being easier to combine than ever made everyone into a min maxing faggot
>making full sets don't feel as rewarding anymore
>superficial end game with tempers and augmenting
To me it's the fact that the game basically amounts to village HR quest, even Guild HR quests where a nice challenge, but that's gone now. The whole meme of MH being casualized and being 2 ez 4 me has been done to death, but this being THE easiest HR Monster Hunter with there being no way to solo HR content with multiplayer multiplier.

>Easy as fuck
>Weapon designs are shit
>Armor designs are half in number what they should be
>Raw is even more king than it used to be, now even light weapons run raw
>Easy content means less time spent trying to get through the game
>Gathering hall in pointless now. Even if you leave from gathering hall it takes you back to the main solo hub and you have to go through another loading screen to return to the hall.
>Can't play offline unless your PS4 is offline. Minor, but annoying.
>Extra shit added to inventory bar even if you don't want it like BBQ spit you can never leave at home; you can use radial menu but if you're looking for something unexpected it's a pain in the ass
>Healing while running is full-on broken, I have never been hit while healing. This turns the game into OHKOs and Stunlock deaths only.
>Only one cat, no classes.
>Obtaining items like max potions is a complete non-issue meaning I bring them on every hunt for instant heals
>Preparation no longer important as the ground is littered with shit you need to fight things, like nullberries near Vaal, and you can just run back and grab stuff if you forgot it
>I want to specifically mention how shitty and completely nonthreatening the Vaal fight is, which sucks because him and the whole Rotten Vale are so fucking cool thematically
>Dodging out of stuff like healing and sharpening means you don't have to find an opening and take a chance to do it
>Scoutflies seizing control of the camera from you even in late HR is fucking obnoxious
>The tutorial is the worst hand-holding slog in a series known for terrible, long tutorials.
>Meat is almost pointless now because of eating
>Goofy shit like SOOO TASTY removed

This is a good game and I love it but it's the worst MH game and has a shitton of problems. Some of them they'll fix and some of them they won't because casuals like them. There are lots of good things, too, like gathering happening all at once, the Rotten Vale being fuckin' rad.

How about I just keep doing what I'm doing as it's none of your concern.
I honestly don't see why people think otherwise, do you not remember the crab claws you had to do?
Honestly wasn't all that bad. Hell I actually pissed I couldn't claw on a 3DS because it's so much better than using a right stick at times. Except for MH on the PS2, clawing on a dual shock is hell on earth.

Go look, fag. They're all the same shit. Some others are just that with a jacket on, but those are JUST THE SAME but with a tint and a slightly different point.

Hell no, every returning monster but Kirin was nerfed as fuck

No. Limitation is what makes gameplay interesting. What's the point of Soccer if you can use your hands?

MH has always been a series where the hunter is weak, slow and fragile and the monsters are strong, agile and tough. You needed to wokr around your gross limitations with personal skill.

Worst Monster hunter game? Fuck no, maybe the worst content wise but the base game and gameplay is leagues above any other iteration of the game.

They got rid of loading screens during hunts! That alone makes it the best monster hunter game.

>extra shit added to item bar
Here's another problem: does rearranging shit in your pouch even order them in the item bar like they use to? I swear it's annoying not having all the pods in a row.

The game has problems, I agree with most of what you say, but is it the worst MH game? Really? Going a bit far there.

Actually if you're on an O3DS or O3DS XL you do have a claw option and it's really comfy

For a game that prides itself on removing 2-3 second loading screens during hunts, there's an awful amount of 15-20 second loading screens to set up hunts and get in maps.

Please explain how removing loading screens made the game better. Like actually better, don't give me that retarded immersion shit, nobody cares about immersion in fucking monhun of all things.

I'd rather sit through a half second of loading and have a proper arena to fight in at all times than sit through 3 minutes of combined loading from quest start to end with monsters trying to fight me in tight corridors or slippery slopes that make you slide everywhere like Nier:A

Here is my problem with MHW. Although I did enjoy the game, I'd rank it in the weakest of the franchise. Casualizing or streamlining the gameplay is fine. Hell bows and bowgun feels so nice now that I've been spiled and am having a though time playing them in previous game. The main problem is casualizing the gear aspect of the game.

This game is a big gameplay loop.
1. Discover new monster/new material
2. Get excited to see weapons and armor you can make
3. Find a weapon/armor you really like
4. Go back to fight monster/farm material.
Since there is no gunner armor, you already cut half of the game's lifespan in term of armor finding. As for the weapons, the fact that they all look the same until some of them get a unique design in high rank is the biggest flaw. I won't want to go fight a monster if the weapons I can make with it isn't cool looking. For fuck sake they couldn't even bother to make Xeno weapon unique. When you do find those unique weapons you're geared in high rank weapon and armor so going back to farm monsters takes no time at all. Also you can even buy monster material from the argosy.

I know the majority of players don't like farming but farming is pretty much the point of this game. If you make everything easier to make or just not appealing you get the fastest MonHun to finnish of in the franchise. They better not take too long with the content updates and DLC or this game will die in record time.

The only thing I can think of is you can't lose carves behind loading zones.

At this point I'm convinced the shit posting is 100% people who have never even played the game. Like, as a long time Monster Hunter fan this is pretty much everything I've always wanted, and my friends feel the same way. The only thing is I wish there was a way to play portable but for the sake of the total package I'll take the blow.

So artificial difficulty is what your saying then. Make the game harder by taking away player movement and other accessibility changes.

I prefer when developers actually try and make the enemies harder versus making your character a clumsy fragile idiot. Have fun playing demons souls dude.

>been playing everyday since launch
What do you mean OP?

idk what you're talking about I'm still playing it everyday.

It actually is the worst MH game. My personal rankings would be

MHFU = MH3U > MH4U > Tri > Dos > XX > Frontier > Gen > MH1 > P3rd > Online > World

Though if I were to include Stories, which I won't because ew, it would be lower than World.

They fixed that ages ago, like in 3U. Now you lose carves in lava instead.

Can't lose carves, easier to track monsters who are running away, no more getting knocked into a loading screen, no more accidentally moving to another loading screen when you are at the edge of the map. Maps are actually fully fleshed out for the most part with better hidden areas. No more following a monster around through three loading screens only for it to leave the area right away and you having to follow it again (yian kut ku fuck you).

Please tell me how loading screens improved the game in any way shape or form because honestly I don't see how you could argue otherwise.

>World lower than 1, where you had to use the right stick to attack

>tri that high
I agree

HBG users report in

This is bait

I have no idea, the gadgets aren't even next to each other for some reason I can't understand.

Fuck that, hell no. I wouldn't welcome back the loading screens but the core gameplay is the least engaging it's ever been and it's extremely weak compared to other titles in every single category that I would call a reason I like Monster Hunter.

It's ain't shit but it gave up a lot to appeal to a different crowd, and at the same time some of the shit like the weapon designs are weirdly rushed.

I don't get why people think shit like no loading screens or resolution or a comfortable controller--though they are VERY nice to have--are more important than the actual core gameplay, which used to be about observing and learning the monsters and now is just kind of about going ham and avoiding OHKOs

I'm harping on the one guy here, I know, but look at Vaal Hazak. The last Elder you fight before Xeno, supposed to be a big dick dude, but they were so fucking afraid that the health-halving was going to wreck everyone that they forgot to make him actually fucking attack you. My second fight with him I soloed him with SnS, a weapon I've never used, because you don't need to know what he does except
1. Bring Nullberries
2. Avoid OHKO gas breath
And you've mastered the fucking fight

>Great Girros charge blade starts out looking different and unique
>upgrades into a Bone recolor
also
>80% of weapons are either a Bone or Iron recolor
what the fuck did Capcom mean by this...we got monkey pawed pretty goddamn hard, didn't we

>bought a wiiU for 3U when it was on the 3DS also
>4U was only on the 3DS
So glad you got burned this bad. Poor people deserve to sleep in the graves they dig.

Which game is worse? Dynamic Hunting? I'll agree that Dynamic Hunting is worse.

Worst doesn't necessarily mean bad.

Is there a manlier weapon?

It's either they didn't have enough time or they too the "realistic" turn way too fucking hard

Newfag, Dos had that too.

Tri had the best difficulty curve, both offline and online. It's the only game aside from Frontier where bosses were actually balanced for 4-man hunts. It also had the largest amount of entirely unique monsters, the best weapon revamps and underwater, an addition the scope of which has never been matched by anything else.

No content, no weapons and lots of HR grinding though.

>No more following a monster around through three loading screens only for it to leave the area right away and you having to follow it again
that still happens all the time with all the flying monsters, it's just easier to deal with now because you can instant flash bomb anything that tries to fly at all

>all these lies in one post

I have the xbone version and have not had any trouble since day 1. Can’t you focus hate on the ones that actually shitpost on you.

What I don't get is after Capcom toned down the verticality for Gens/XX they cranked it up to 11 in World with maps having more obnoxious verticality and slopes all over than 4U's maps, which are widely agreed to be some of the worst-designed ones.

You can actually arrange the item bar yourself from the start menu. They never tell you this at any point in the game because fuck us apparently.

I fucking liked that because the face buttons weren't overmapped, I used it in Tri since it was still an option

>100+ game
>4 songs

Okay you are not getting what I'm saying here. The base monster hunter game is amazing, it's great, it's fluid it's fun and it makes sense the movements your character has. It feels better fighting monsters then in any other game 100%.

Now I do agree the monsters themselves suck, some of the environments are not that great, and it could be a lot longer and much more difficult. However when I'm grinding gems I found it much more fun doing it in world versus on the psp, 3ds, or Wii U.

It's like MGS5, great engine, great gameplay, terrible story and content.

It gets too much of a bad rap because of the weapon selection and lack of content from FU, but I still lost myself in its endgame for hundreds of hours. The rotating event quests and extra pomp & circumstance for Jhen really helped, too.

>tfw had to use the wiimote
>tfw trying to lance counter

Sure, if people want to play like that why not let them? I wouldn't use it, but giving people options is never a bad thing.

>Can't lose carves
???
>easier to track monsters who are running away
paintballs? Learn the movement patterns?
>no more getting knocked into a loading screen, no more accidentally moving to another loading screen when you are at the edge of the map
this can be fixed by not being shit at the game.
>Maps are actually fully fleshed out for the most part with better hidden areas
read: cluttered as shit and annoying to fight in like area 11 in ancient forest.
>No more following a monster around through three loading screens
Following Monsters is actually worse than ever, have fun getting back to your los if he decides to just fly from area to area.

You're either a worldbaby newshit who hasn't played a monhun before or you're just a shill.

man, where were you when people were bitching about adept and aerial styles in gens?

Holy fuck bud, how can you call me a shill when you are seriously saying no loading screens is a bad thing for the series.

How dense do you have to be buddy? Do you get off waiting for things to load?

I can sort of agree in that I think the additions to most weapons are great. Giving lance forward dash was retarded though, and GS is a completely different weapon.

But shit like running while healing needs to fucking go, and it's here to stay.

Not the guy you're talking to but I like World's maps and scoutflies and I've been playing since MH1, so my opinion overrules yours.

Sorry bud.

Out of all the MH games I played
MHFU > MH4U > MHW > MH1 > MHTri
I don't know why, but I just don't get that same "kick" that I got from older Monster Hunter games. After about 50 hours, I felt the same level of boredom that I did after playing Tri for about ~30 hours.
It could be that I'm either blinded by nostalgia or I'm just getting tired of the series, probably a mix of both.

You just press the fucking options button and it skips the cutscens.
You should try playing the game before typing nonesense

Monado is tearing my asshole inside out. Is it even possible to solo this thing with guild style and no arts? That thing where he sticks his tail into the ground comes out of nowhere.

Not him, I've been playing since 1 week after PS2 release and I like the maps find but scoutflies are absolute shit

the story cutscenes are unskipable, the end of quest "monster dying" animations are the only thing you can skip through

>Played one MH game and then nothing else for 12 years

A real fan.

stop playing a shitty anime game

You have poor reading comprehension.

Why does running when healing need to go? It's kind of stupid watching your character get fucked because you have to stand still to drink a potion when clearly there is nothing stopping you from using your legs.

They need to balance the game out for shit like running and healing, maybe make it take longer to heal while you are running, or make then mobster more likely to Argo you when you are healing.

They made the quality of life changes but they didn't make the game more difficult to compensate.

I didn't say no loading screens is a bad thing for the series. What I'm saying is the way area transitions are implemented in MHW is dogshit.

>doesn't even have the PS2 games

And you are a terrible liar, casual.

I was farming hazak for his sick looking gs and decided to take a look at other weapons of his to see how I wanted to spend my 50+ gems and mere five precious fangs and saw how fucking awesome his hammer was.
Immediately picked hammer back up for the first time since 3U and haven't looked back in days.

Wait what, how do you skip that? Duck I have 109 hours and didn't know that.

Press start/options

Cred Forums has been console warring since 2006, when i first came to Cred Forums... Cred Forums is actually a lot better now, I think, than it was.

I mean dude your defending paint balls. Like seriously paintballs dude.....

>Hey I started sharpening and this big ass monster is about to clobber me, I should not be able to stop sharpening and get hit.

When will nintenyearols learn that qol changes were done bcause they were always intended, shitty handhelds and old consoles couldnt handle all that

Taking longer just makes it a slog, because you'll still never ever get hit while running unless you run square into a Kirin bolt or something. This isn't a fucking simulator, it forces you to find opening and take risks, kind of the whole thing I like about MH, personally. I never got this argument that it's stupid for your dude to flex but not stupid that your guy has to go through the whole Chainsaw explosion animation with the SA if you start it? It's because you're dedicated to that action, it's a gameplay thing.

Running while healing isn't a QoL change, it's a game balance change. Quicktravel (which I hate but will put up with), gathering while running, letting you save armor sets (which was in before), that stuff is QoL and it's fine. Healing while running is a major mechanic change.

this.

During the cutscene? That doesn't work, is there no way to disable them?

having to stop to heal was a huge part of the gameplay, you had to actually time when you wanted to heal and avoid the monster while doing so. In World you can literally circle strafe around a monster while healing at full speed, no amount of agro or them attacking you will do anything because you're moving so fast while doing it
inb4
>zoning out to heal
3/4 of the best fights and hardest fights in the series are in single area arenas where you can't zone out to heal

I don't understand how anyone could like scout flies, the fact that they always fuck with the camera is the worst.

Fossil Bludgeon 2 reporting in.
Is that the one that branches from the Dragon hammer? I'm missing 1 unknown part for it. Was hoping it'd be really good.

>PS2 couldn't handle dodging out of an animation despite allowing you to dodge out of several animations
This is b8 but someone will fall for it

Also zoning to heal is a retarded tactic and puts your teammates at greater risk.

But it wasnt? Theres still 400+ post threads posted all the time all over the catalog

what the fuck is this shitty fucking bait

kill yourself op

just

fucking

kill

yourself

fpbp

It absolutely works. While the monster is dying and it says MAIN OBJECTIVE COMPLETE, you can press start, and it'll return the camera to behind you.

I doubt it. Let's face it, the only people in this thread are fans of traditional Monster Hunter and trolls.

When Generations was released, every single poster complained about how casualized it was. Now World has taken it ten steps further in that direction, and "fans since the PS2 days" are praising it. Yeah right. You played +3000 hours of MH and can't see why removing armor mixing was a bad idea.

Also in World you can just crouch in a bush and heal

>and puts your teammates at greater risk.
They're at no more risk if you had healed while in the zone, unless you're a retard who heals while the monster is attacking you. And they could leave with you to whetstone or heal themselves. But like always, the no true scotsman argument proves no one actually ever did this thing despite it being an intended mechanic.

I get it, and know why it's a major mechanic but it's one that unnecessarily frustrates the player and stops all character movement for no good apparent reason( your legs can still move).

They should balance the game around healing while moving or change the animation itself so it makes more sense to see your character unable to move while the healing is taking place.

>120 hours put on World
>went back to 4U
>controls are utter garbage
>can't move while healing
>Whetstone consume a space in pouch
>no mantles
>no slinger
>everythig is clunky as fuck
>graphics are shit

never again

It's literally babies first MH

Maybe because it takes like 20 seconds to run to another zone? Why didn't people just run back to camp and heal every time they took a hit?

It's the best one to start out on though.

So I after soloing the tempered Kirin on my first try, I heard that the true difficulty was in a 4 man SOS. So I decided to knock out two birds with one stone, see how bad it can get and also collect tempered kirin prints for more investigations.
Let's just say that everyone was right. I've never seen so many people cart so fast and so often. It took over 5 failures where I didn't cart once but there was only so much lifepowders and demon/hardshell could do for the team. Especially this one bow user who was spouting moonrunes and somehow ALWAYS in an OHKO charged thunderstrike. But finally a group actually looked like it got its shit together and we actually fucking did it after 22 butt clenching minutes since we were riding 2 carts when it started limping.

moral of the story: 4 man random SOS is the true MHW difficulty mode

Jesus christ I need a break after all that.

4U baby.
What makes FU considered the best in the series?

randos are true hell

The Glaive is a great weapon, if you love versatiliy, aerial manuverability, utility for every situation, being able to coordinate with ranged folk for maximum damage and applying multiple elements with one set, Glaive is amazing and unique.

It's attacks also practically get you in and out of danger as part of the animation itself, the Back Circle mid-combo attack is basically a dodge without i-frames, but works incredibly well for repositioning. Aerial spin is also great for repositioning and ignores bounce effect at the cost of sharpness (not a problem in endgame).

The Kinsect spunk is useful for applying buffs, heals, and elemental attacks. You can coourdinate with ranged by letting your kinsect use, say, blast spunk that it shoots on the monster, then a ranged hunter can trigger the blast by shooting it.

You do sever damage with Glaive, so you should apply most of your attacks to tail first to not disturb head folks.

Beware the Charge Blade and Longsword, they are your sworn trip-friends.

ALWAYS maintain RED buff. Always. Preferable to maintain RED and WHITE. Don't attack without RED, it's slow and does shit damage, only do it if you can't immediately collect buffs or you want to do quick repositioning.
Don't bother with orange if it's a problem, triple buff got nerfed in MHW and isn't as beneficial, it can't be refreshed and when it's timer runs out you need to refill all 3. So maintain mostly RED and WHITE and keep periodically charging them (Just shoot your kinsect to do some damage in the meantime, it'll collect it on it's own).

Don't listen to
He's a bad hammer user that doesn't use anti-flinch gear which is readily available and wants people to limit their own playstyle because Hammer isn't useful anywhere but the head due to blunt damage.

That said, try not to get in people's zone too much when online. Glaive has sweeping attacks at a wide range. You are king of the skies, utilize this realm that is the glaive user's alone.

Anecdotal, I know, but I have to admit that I almost never see teammates zone to heal and I have rarely done it. Every time someone or I zoned to heal was due to being critically low on health against particularly dangerous and unpredictable monsters, and usually people would just farcast instead because it got them out of danger more quickly.

the last MH game without gimmicks, just a pure gameplay experience, you and the monster, no shitty swimming, mounting, styles, shit everywhere, just fighting.

The japanese are no joke even worse than the french in this one. I don't even know how to explain this shit

Zero bullshit. No story, no unskippable cutscenes, no online, just shut up and hunt for 300 hours.

>put almost 100 hours into World
>go back to TriU
>treat the game like TriU and not something it isn't like a dumbass
>have loads of fun then go back and enjoy World despite going by different rules
You're on another level of special my man.

Been farming legiana in high rank for the past couple days for his set. Make the grind stop please.

Don't forget no monster fatigue. I swear it took capcom almost 2 whole generations worth of games to get Tigrex even remotely close to his FU difficulty after the pussification it got in P3rd.

>the last MH game without gimmicks, just a pure gameplay experience
P3rd
If only it was more difficult and had more monsters.

>no guild quests
It's literally the worst of both worlds. Soloing everything is piss fucking easy, and multiplayer is literally gimping yourself because of bloated monster health, retards carting, and 1/4th the money from rewards.

Once it releases on PC I'll be hammer primary / LBG secondary and HH whenever the fuck I feel like dooting

P3rd's gimmick was that it was easy as shit with dumbed down Tri monsters

>Cats that can solo most monsters
>Stupid anime shit like archdemon mode and everything about the gunlance
>Jinouga

MHFU remains the last pure game.

>unironically telling people to wear flinch free because you can't stay in your zone

Neck yourself immediately

Have any of you guys played with a cute hunterfu with a hammer named Clench? If so, that was me.

Sounds great but how about we remove even more features and go back to MH1

Wanna help me update my filter to make monhun (and Cred Forums in general) threads better?

>easy as fuck
I like how nobody acknowledges the fact that they've been playing since gen3+ and somehow think their personal skill don't affect their experiences with newer games in the franchise.

I used SnS in 4U and Gen, and for some reason I decided to go hammer this time around. I did one mission with a light bowgun, but 94 hours and just getting to the elder dragons it's been hammer all the way. It's so god damn satisfying when you land those big hits.

how about you fuck off and deal with it or go back to plebbit where you belong

Why do people play multiplayer?

You can easily do all the hunts yourself without risking some random getting carted.

Dos is best for that. Twice as many monsters/areas/weapon classes as MH1 while not really altering the base gameplay.

The polar fucking opposite of MHW. There were no farms, so each Mega Pot meant you had to go out and gather each Honey individually. Shock traps requires Para Sacs from the Gendrome. Items had real value.

That's not even true user, many parts are open area to open area, COral highlands had you platforming all over the place adding tons of verticality to the zone. Ancient forest has you Tarzan'ing the higher tree branches or the Wildspire gliding through sand dunes.

There is also definately an eco-system, animals have nests and migrate to areas together and go about ruotines, both small monsters and endemic ones. They react to your presence and act believably.

The monsters themselves also function like beasts. You can often notice Odog dragging a Legiana back to his nest or Tzitzi hunting a Barnos (or whatever the Coral drakes are called). You can even harvest the carcass he ate to get clues about Tzitzi.

You have natural enemies and predators, not every monster wants to fight the other, Kulu usually just wants to fuck off from whatever imminent threat is around, Barroth and Jyura hate each other, and two Diablos always end up locking horns.

All of this can happen at any time in real time.

>meme image has a smug tetsucabra
>a monster that's not even fucking in World

What did he mean by this?

I fucking love Teostra's weapon models

Not him but seriously though , hammers are the worst to play with online because of that. Get fucking flinch free because I'm not aiming my dragon piercer or any of my shots around you.

If you don't have flinch free on a hammer set you are either soloing which is fine or being a detriment to your team.

people saying that this game is just "easy" have never combined rocksteady mantle and the healing spout. literally cuts 5 min off your times if your a shitter.

Don't have the game but damn this is one relaxing song.

You want me to waste slots on fucking not flinching? How about you just stay away from the fucking head when there's a hammer around, like you're supposed to? You are literally playing it wrong when you take priority on the head from a hammer.

Is he the Huntsman?

4U had the best grind
3U had the best world, single player, and aesthetics
P3rd had the best town/farm
MHFU had the comfiest and most rewarding experience

World doesn't have the best anything for me. It's good, but I'm going to do a new run on older monster hunters after I probably put in 200 hours in World. Even 10 more monsters, a snow map, and G-rank won't change my opinion on World, I just don't think it had the ability to be my favorite MH.

The game is a lot easier then previous games for a number of reasons. It's really not just player skill, I mean the last boss itself was one of the easiest monsters in the series.

it's hard if you don't use them or cats or minmax like a faggot
don't like it don't use it, then the game becomes not easy

>at least before G rank

Why is there always a post like this for EVERY new game?
>a month later there are only 2-3 posts a day on Cred Forums LMAO DED GAME
so fucking dumb

Freedom Unite is easily among the best openings in the series. It's a shame World lacks one.
youtube.com/watch?v=38N3L6lFdMI

This is true, G-rank games are easier than the previous game before you get to the endgame. This is why MHWG isn't really something to get excited over.

Honestly it's pretty funny seeing multiple idiots triggered like you in the thread from the post. Does he need to put the /s in there to show he is sarcastic?

Eat shit hammertards. What happens when wings are broken and tail is cut? Everyone just supposed to sit back and not do shit at the 100% always available weakspot because you faggots think you are so important?

Oh ok so the HBG won't shoot, the Greatsword will siy on his pommel and the dual blade will shred his sharpness hitting shitty spots because the shitter that is useless for every other area on the monster's body can't bother to wear the flich free gems so everyone can do DPS.

> Everyone has to let me hit the head but they have to wait 'till i'm finished
> Y-You guys are inconsiderate?

It's not everyone else being cancer, hammer fags. It's you. No one needs you for stun we can all do it ourselves.

>having to minmax in World

Also not having cats in the other games unironically made it easier for certain fights like Garuga where the A.I. could be extremely unpredictable.

>game comes out
>MH fans love it
>Normies love it
>only people complaining are seething nintendudes
>only counterargument they ever have is "B- BUT N-NINTENDO"
sad as fuck, go play moonrunes XX

In case you haven't noticed, this community is filled with shitposters.

FU's lo and hi rank were significantly easier than Dos' and Freedom 2's IMO. It was the g rank that put it over difficulty-wise.

One of the worst hammers in the game though...Looks sick at least.

I agree with the guy the weapon designs are SHIT in world. Theres like 5 unique models for every weapontree. Most of the unique designs from old games are gone (for example the revolver hammer or the uragaan hammer) all the weapons are now just bone or metal weapons with a few parts stapled to them. Dunno if they did it for realism or because of time restraints but it fucking sucks. I still love the game but i really hope g rank and the monster dlcs will bring more variety

>That Narga tease at the end
Never gets old.
That might be one of my biggest peeves with World. I don't really mind the story aspect of the game but they should have had a traditional opening considering the long line of great openings the series has.
youtube.com/watch?v=PWbjfqWietQ

I've been playing since MH1 and other LRs were not this easy, this is disproportionatly easy with very blatant casualization like notorious moves being removed from monsters. I'm not a badass, but thanks for thinking so.

>using meme weapons

Hammerbros and horn hunnies are the only players worth anything

Brings back memories. Wish we had massive open areas like that one day, would be nice instead of the arena maps we get now.

It really is pretty great. My favorite goes to Dos, though.
youtube.com/watch?v=gloXqXOIIIA

MH is dead. I need something equally hardcore to escape this dreadful reality. Any recommendations?

Just like me haha

>If I hit you when you're doing your job it's your fault

Yes, that was clear, I just think it's irrelevant when saying which game is harder since FU still has harder endgame content

Is this how you excuse being a shitter and egotistical loser? Saying things you dont understand or like is a meme?

Why are switch users so mad all the time about this game?

>Carted three times to Nergagante on his mission

Just fuck my shit up

why Super Mario Odyssey of course, you can even play it on your switch!

hr49 here trying to take on tempered Kirin. I try to customize myself for him. Should I use Health charm 3 or go full thunder resist build and use thunder resist charm 3 plus a bunch of thunder resist armors?

>The team of hunters at the end make a cameo in the FU opening.
Always appreciated that little touch.

Fuck if only monster hunter could get the busy tavern look.

ITS 2018 WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Yoooooo

use the thunder resist mantle and put it on when he goes into rage mode

or just use a ranged weapon and completely destroy it

We could have had that in World if they made the Gathering Hall the only way to play multiplayer.

>P3rd had the best town/farm
>farm
The old farm that you had to return to and manually run around after every quest fucking sucked. That's one Tri change that I embrace wholeheartedly.

I have a raw damage set, lightning set, water set, poison set and dragon.
All I do is change the weapon say
I wanna kill something thats weak to thunder with a glaive I eqquip on it the pulsar glaive, or the pulsar daggers. Thebset having armor that gives element attack plus other random goodies.
Am I doing sets right?

You can still attack the body. The head is designated hammer territory. Or hell, still hit the head, just be more fucking mindful of where you're standing and your giant-ass swings. It's so fucking frustrating getting bounced out of a combo by you assholes. We have way shorter range than you, we have to be able to get in close to hit.

Real life.

Time to man up for the real challenge you've been avoiding instead of crying over video games like a child.

I liked XX's airship tavern/gathering hall, you even had a cool bartender quest giver

i had one of the tempered bazel for the rank 29 quest just get stuck flying under a rock overpass which made it easy af to kill lol

Real life is too casual.

If they don't announce an english release for the Switch at E3 I'm going to just play the Japanese version. World won't tide me over at this point.

I agree that the interface was made way easier, but we still don't have a means to get basic mining materials like in the Portable series farms.

if you have a hacked 3ds or a decent computer, you can play or emulate it with the english patch

To be honest I think they shouldve made Astera the online hub.

Why not? The tech is there and the game houses fake hunter NPCs to emulate that feel which makes me feel like its what they wanted and it was scrapped because they were afraid of mega autists crying over traditional Gathering hubs.

They are a clear after thought and serve no purpose in game. You can still have a tavern just make it where you sign up for MP and Arena quests amd mske it part of the same gameworld and not a different load screen instance, also being able to return to it from a mission.

I carted twice and it really came down to the wire on the last shot. He was the first monster I actually had a hard time with. It's actually made me kind of nervous about taking on the elder dragons.

And yet you're here. Guess you're pretty low rank yourself.

>G and Dos
Those are also very fantastic. Freedom 2 also had a damn good one along with Portable 3rd and 4.
youtube.com/watch?v=ipvXI3jCX8E
youtube.com/watch?v=47DKoSDeOUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=r9de7mRhXWk&t=0s&list=PLCBD7F9C3134DB116&index=4

>finally play some multiplayer after getting to HR solo only
>respond to SOS flares for nerg
>every group triple carts

why are people saying mhw is so much easier than old games? i never remember pug shitters being this bad

I thought XX was on the Switch

the others are honestly pushovers
vaal is easy as hell with his mist gimmick being the thing that takes off the most health during the fight
kush becomes a punching bag with any amount of flashbombs
teo is just bodyhug the fight and flash him when he goes up for the nova which has an insanely long tell now

Lawschool is so easy that I only have to study like 2 hours every month. I need a challenge to keep myself alive.

it's also for the switch, but it was originally a 3ds game

There is a larger pool of shitty players then ever before, so the chances of a shitter have increase exponentially.

Switch version doesn't have a translation patch.

More people playing the gam = higher chance of dealing with shitters, it's a simple concept

because there are casuals everywhere doesn't mean a game's not easy, the average person couldn't beat Mario 1 but that doesn't mean it's a hard game

Spoonfeed on emulator to use and where I can get the rom? I've been out of emulation for a few years and I could use this in my work roadtrip tomorrow.

Oh shit that's cool, I never knew that.