Which do you think is the last decent Mega Man X game? Every few years, I take a day and marathon the series...

Which do you think is the last decent Mega Man X game? Every few years, I take a day and marathon the series. I used to stop at X5, but after my most recent marathon, I think I'm going to stop at X4 from now on.

I think X5 is one of those games that only gets worse after each play through. For example, I don't remember the retarded NPC stopping me every 5 seconds to tell me something obvious pissing me off as much as it did this most recent time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LISmPmdUhYA&t=0m55s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There is no stopping point where the series became bad forever though because X8 is decent

It dipped, but it came back

>GOOD X GAMES
X1, X2, X4
>PLAYABLE X GAMES
X3, X5, X8
>BAD X GAMES
X6, X7

decent? Well, I define "decent" as being good enough to play and have a little bit of fun with it even if the game is deeply flawed or lacking in many areas. And X5 is the last one that I would say is decent.

Swap X5 and X6's placement for me and you've got it

X8. X8 is better than half of the games in the series even if it's not fantastic.

youtube.com/watch?v=LISmPmdUhYA&t=0m55s

My reaction the last time I tried to play X6.

I completely agree with this post

Objectively speaking, X4

X5 had awful bosses and an abomination of a story, and x6 was awful from start to finish

>Half the series is bad
I wonder what it is that they could have in common...?

X6. I think all the PS1 games were just fun to move around in, X1 and 2 had better level design though. X8 is kind of boring.

"X, X!! You see those spikes right there in front of you? They will kill you if you step on them."

"Zero! ZERO!! That truck is exploding, you should probably get off it"

A lot of X5's problems would be solved by just making the dialog optional.

x6 and x7 are the only bad ones
x8 was decent

X7 is the only bad game in the series.

The series peaked with X4. Visuals, music, story, gameplay, level design.

X5 was a forced mess.

>Story
X4's story was fucking awful though.

Agreed. As much as I like X4 that story is dogshit. Its most memorable moment is also its most mocked.

Has anyone else played these?

Never had a snes as a kid and this was my only way to play the x series.

I don't think I like what you're implying.

True, but man, they either had zero faith in their level designs, the players intelligence, or both.

these are the ports, right? dashing was hard.

X's armor design rankings:
Glide > Blade > Falcon > Shadow > X1 > Icarus > X2 > Ultimate (Command Mission) > Gaia > Ultimate > X4 > X3

That sums it up perfectly.

Only contrarian faggots like would argue about X6 being bad. It's complete trash that some fags at Capcom threw together behind Inafune's back for a quick buck and everyone knows it. Stop trying to pretend you're some big-brained hardcore nigga for appreciating uninspired slapdash game design. You just look like a gigantic hipster and it's embarrassing to watch.

I accept that X6 is bad, but I enjoy it for some masochistic reason.

This. I have the X Collection and X6 was only game on there I couldn’t be bothered to beat. It’s just not fun to play.

X6 is kind of a mess but I think X5 is more boring day to day, despite X5 having the better ending levels.