Why the fuck did everyone give this game a 10/10 GOTY one of the greatest games...

Dylan Watson
Dylan Watson

Played BOTW
Enjoyed it
why the fuck did everyone give this game a 10/10 GOTY one of the greatest games of all time
It's great, but I'd give it 8/10 max.

Colton Evans
Colton Evans

don't get it either. world feels very lacking with not enough interesting content.

Ethan Scott
Ethan Scott

Congrats, you are continuing the daily trend of why Zelda is only 8/10 or whatever, and don't act dumb pretending you don't know what I'm talking about.

Charles Myers
Charles Myers

I haven't played BoTW, but I don't need to to point out that you contradicted yourself in the same sentence. I'm guessing I'll like it as much as you did OP, because I really think open world games are shit, but after seeing some vids about advanced tech and shit, I'm kinda coming around to it.

I plan on buying a Switch and wanted to begrudgingly try Zelda to see what the hype was about. And I'll still do that, minus the begrudging part.

Juan Gonzalez
Juan Gonzalez

The game isn't as much about content as it is about mechanics

Xavier Diaz
Xavier Diaz

you contradicted yourself in the same sentence
how

Colton Barnes
Colton Barnes

Ah, no you didn't. My bad. Seeing your thread in the catalog made me think "one of the greatest games of all time" and "It's great, but I'd give it 8/10 max" were in the same line.

Luis Murphy
Luis Murphy

Yeah, nonsensical meme and nintendo cultists' ravings aside, a 7 or 8 is a fair score, it really depends on how much you prefer solid core mechanics over actual and well made contents.

Kevin Jackson
Kevin Jackson

Because reviewers only played the first 10 hours of exploration in the overworld. The dungeons are lacking and the shrines are almost all shit.

Anthony Perez
Anthony Perez

How does it feel to know that is objectively better than your favorite game?
HAHAHAHAHABABABABABABAHAHAHAHAHHA

Carter Kelly
Carter Kelly

Game started a 9/10 for me but then fell to 7/10 the more I played. It made me realise that open world games are not for me at all.

Ian Johnson
Ian Johnson

this but 100% unironically, genuinely can't understand the praise, same goes to witcher 3

solid games but nothing more

Ian Richardson
Ian Richardson

yeah it was a masterpiece.
10/10 best game ever made.

Michael Myers
Michael Myers

but 100% unironically
My post was unironic in the first place though

Kayden Cooper
Kayden Cooper

what good do the best mechanics do if there is barely and content and meat to the game? BotW is the epitome of a vertical slice tech demo to sell a pitch. They forgot to actually build a real game around it.

Ryder Rogers
Ryder Rogers

I think it's because of its presentation. It feels important, special, and epic.

Hudson Brooks
Hudson Brooks

yeah but there's always tons of people that come in these threads and just say something about shitposting

Dylan Green
Dylan Green

I enjoyed this game thoroughly but am deeply saddened at the lack of riju art

Carson Morales
Carson Morales

How does it feel to know that is objectively better than your favorite game?
The game is objectively very flawed though.

Carter Gomez
Carter Gomez

What's the source of the unshopped pic?

Jose Jones
Jose Jones

If I can ride a shield down a mountain getting off to glide, then slow down time to shoot off the head of a Skeleton and proceed to beat it to death with it own arm it's gonna be a 10/10 for me

Levi Walker
Levi Walker

a lot of fun and clever systems that intertwine with each other flawlessly,
doesn't hold your hand and force you through story
I guess those two points were big contributing factors. I think some of the flaws were overlooked by quite a few, but overall it was a fantastic game. While I don't think it's the best of all time or perfect, I do think it's at the very least one of the best games of the past few years.

Daniel Jenkins
Daniel Jenkins

Same reason they gave black panther 10/10 reviews.

Juan Nguyen
Juan Nguyen

Proof?

Robert Cook
Robert Cook

A lot of people are saying that's because of black pandering.

Aaron Evans
Aaron Evans

And it is.

Nicholas Collins
Nicholas Collins

But Zelda doesn't have any black leads.

Parker Williams
Parker Williams

That's cool, it was probably a 9.5/10 for me

Angel Turner
Angel Turner

Link is yellow.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit