Objectively speaking, there is no one who can claim Final Fantasy IV is a good game

Objectively speaking, there is no one who can claim Final Fantasy IV is a good game.

Wrong. I'm claiming it right now. Final Fantasy IV is a good game.

Final Fantasy IV is a damn good game.

It's a good game but it's easily one of the worst in the series.

Remakes are fantastic

Subjectivo

It was a good game for its time, and the remake's augment system is a perfect thematic gameplay extension.

That's all I can ask for.

Certainly not one of my favorites today.

Better than VI and XII you fuckers keep jacking off over. First is a fucking book, 2nd is a easy mmo

Objectively speaking, there is no one who can claim Final Fantasy II is a good game.

Whoa! I said IV was a damn good game, but no where near as great as a game that FFVI was!

Cecil is my favorite ff main character and ff4 is my favorite ff game. I'd say its a good game

Correct

You got me there. I wouldn't even know the MC's name if it wasn't for Dissidia, the good ones on psp.

Cecil Blanco...

It expanded upon the storytelling model that previous FF games had tried desperately to utilize but fell short in. Instead of blank slates whose only differences were sprites and whatever abilities you chose, it actually had unique characters that when combined with the in-and-out party change system the game utilized forced you to drastically change up how you played depending on who you had in your party.

It was pretty goddamn dark for a JRPG during it's time, too.

FF4 is objectively one of the best JRPGs ever created, one of the best SNES games ever released and one of the best FF games ever released.

How is VI a book? It has way less dialogue than modern RPGs and the second half of the game is totally open.

Right? I mean two little kids sacrificed themselves and was turned to stone to save the team.

Honestly it's pretty mediocre.

>linear as fuck (though obviously not at X/XIII levels)
>incredibly weak customization
>Cecil is interesting at first but stops getting character development after turning into a faggot paladin
>ridiculous plot based on fake deaths and mind control
>some decent characters but also some really boring archetypal ones like Rosa
>setting would be 100% generic fantasy (dwarfs and dark elves) if not for the moon shit
>popularized ATB which plagued half the franchise and is inferior to proper turn-based
>has been ported/remade endlessly while V and VI get the short end of the stick

I got FF2 for free through the mobile app a year or two ago, thought it was alright considering I only played it half-mindedly when out and about. Phone broke but I'd like to return to the game some time.

well thast why cuz V and VI are shit tho

The first at using ATB and ironically one of the best at using that system. The game is challenging without feeling unfair and gives you lots of stuff to play around with.

It's a pity they simplified ATB and the party mechanics after IV.

But they didn't even die.

>FF4 is objectively one of the best JRPGs ever created, one of the best SNES games ever released and one of the best FF games ever released.
What a fucking leap from your previous points.
>It improved on various aspects from earlier FF titles therefore it's the best JRPG of all time.

No but I am sure at the time those two made that decision they didn't know they would be changed back later.

Again any emotional impact of that situation is meaningless considering they were easily healed with zero effort.

Objectively speaking, there are people who can claim that Final Fantasy IV is a good game. Those people might be wrong, but their existence is an objective fact.

>15 characters no one gives af about
>each one gets their own development

You're retarded and you used the wrong objective wrong.

El hermano...

correct, in the same way saying it is shit is subjective

Correct.

Tallah couldn't do it! He was a legend at the time!