Why are there only a few decent games released per year? I don't even play that...

William Myers
William Myers

nearly march already
$968 of $1000 games budget unspent
why are there only a few decent games released per year? I don't even play that much anymore and I'm still left with long periods of boredom between releases

All urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!DpAz2IgQ!nW7bPNnpJFk5CAV3ypiaHw
youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Adrian Wright
Adrian Wright

buying games

Xavier Sanders
Xavier Sanders

playing games

Connor Morgan
Connor Morgan

you budget video games for the year?

Josiah Evans
Josiah Evans

spending $12,000 a year on video games
you are truly disgusting if that is true

Cameron Allen
Cameron Allen

At times like that, I usually scan through /vg/ and dig up info on games/series/genres that I'm interested in. That's gotten me into the Rainbow Six and Vermintide years ago, and the Endless 4x series more recently.

Blake King
Blake King

Yes. Its not set in stone but I have certain amounts for each of my hobbies to try and stick to
$1000 is the annual budget

Henry Cooper
Henry Cooper

why is that disgusting?

Brandon Murphy
Brandon Murphy

I think he spends $1000 a year. We're almost 1/6 through and he's only spent $32.

Carson Thompson
Carson Thompson

Because good devs are going bankrupt and bad devs are moving to "games as service" models where they just release DLC for a shitty multiplayer game forever.

Ryder Johnson
Ryder Johnson

Do you only play AAA titles as they get released or what?

Jaxson Harris
Jaxson Harris

Curious what you've bought

Levi Reed
Levi Reed

his "games budget" is only $1000
Stop working at McDonalds

Brandon Perry
Brandon Perry

Agreed, /vg/ is a really good place to come up with new vidya. So far there aren't many 2018 releases that interest me, but I've got a decent backlog still so I'm probably not gonna run out of games to play soon.

Jeremiah Price
Jeremiah Price

Finish your backlog, you piece of shit

Anthony Clark
Anthony Clark

Agreed, /vg/ is a really good place to come up with new vidya.
Wrong, it's an atrocious den of circlejerkers that does not belong on the site. Also stay there.

Zachary Carter
Zachary Carter

Fiscal responsibility is a bad thing
Kill yourself credit card trust Fundy

Jason Butler
Jason Butler

I'm fiscally responsible but can afford to invest, have a hefty emergency fund, live, and spend more than $1000 a year on video games. Stop being poor nigger.

David Jones
David Jones

I have taken to just buying whatever shit is on sale on me Xboner and giving it a whirlygiggle

Ryan Fisher
Ryan Fisher

Oh I don't browse /vg/. Thread links/pastebins and directed questions are very useful for determining whether or not a game is worth a buy though

Evan Hernandez
Evan Hernandez

Start retro collecting; that cash will dry up in an instant. I recommend the Sega Saturn.

Alexander Davis
Alexander Davis

MHW
GoW
KH3
RDR2

what else is there this year? don't care about spiderman

Evan Thompson
Evan Thompson

If you're spending even $1000 on video games a year, you're a fucking retard.

t. 26-year-old with $110k in savings

Nathan Adams
Nathan Adams

In savings
Don't know how to invest? You're losing my bro

Daniel Gutierrez
Daniel Gutierrez

You say that like it's a bad thing. ;_;

Benjamin Perez
Benjamin Perez

God of War
The Last of Us: Vaguely Nordic Edition

Isaiah Wright
Isaiah Wright

I pray every day for Ace Combat

Anthony Taylor
Anthony Taylor

No need to justify yourself, that guy is just a parroting tool. For many active games /vg/ is the best place to get info and discussion.

It's only meme singleplayer games with autistic followings you should be wary off.

Luke Scott
Luke Scott

games budget

Evan Perez
Evan Perez

They blew their load last year.

Joshua Ramirez
Joshua Ramirez

Games industry has been ass for a good few years now, what rock have you been living under?
Just pirate everything

Kayden Williams
Kayden Williams

Do you not budget?

Luis Mitchell
Luis Mitchell

First half of the year always sucks. If you were a publisher that wanted to make money this is the time to release but no they're all fucking idiots and release everything in the holiday season and compete for peanuts.

Benjamin Powell
Benjamin Powell

Spending over 1000 a year on video games
This is not a money issue, this is a disgusting blob issue.

Who the fuck buys more than 10 games a year? It's not about being able to afford it, it's about being the kind of freak who will seriously play all that crap. Do you literally buy EVERYTHING that comes out, goddamn.

Matthew Williams
Matthew Williams

Legitimately what are you spending more than a grand on each year? Do you buy like every single console revision and limited edition that comes out?

Owen Hernandez
Owen Hernandez

You listen to Cred Forums far too much if you think there aren't dozens of good games released already.

Andrew Lewis
Andrew Lewis

This, I probably buy more games than that if you count little indie titles or steam ports of old shit I like but how the fuck do you come even near 1000$ just for games in a year?

Kayden Cooper
Kayden Cooper

No, I know how to spend my money wisely.

Dominic Young
Dominic Young

uhh... like budgeting or something?

Isaiah Reed
Isaiah Reed

So.. you budget

Nolan Gomez
Nolan Gomez

If I tell you what games/consoles I got last year you're just going to do the thing you faggots always do where you go
shit
shit
shit

Carson Wilson
Carson Wilson

If hardware is part of the budget then that can use up a lot of that

Anthony Hill
Anthony Hill

user, I'm legitimately curious on how you managed to spend more than a grand on video games in one year and what you bought with it.

James Sanchez
James Sanchez

Tomb Kings and some indie game I can't even remember
I have plenty more money but I don't see any need or reason to spend more on this hobby. I have budgets for water sports, photography, shooting and travel too

Colton Myers
Colton Myers

my 2018 list
bannerlord
also bannerlord
fuck video games seriously

Tyler Hall
Tyler Hall

Building a decent PC

Asher Murphy
Asher Murphy

...this has to be bait

Joshua Parker
Joshua Parker

OP here. $1000 doesn't include hardware. I spent $4k on my new desktop and desk at the end of last year

William Ward
William Ward

People are bitching about this, but it makes perfect sense.

I don't diet, I just don't feel the need to eat tons of sugary garbage
SO UR ON A DIET?!?!

You don't need to plan with your money or really worry about it at all unless you're just a massive trainwreck who just buys shit all the fucking time.

inb4 >food anologies

Oliver Reyes
Oliver Reyes

I need to plan with my money because my income is finite, I have large savings goals for education but I still want to enjoy myself

Kevin Carter
Kevin Carter

I'm a neetbux

Jeremiah Parker
Jeremiah Parker

How do you get neetbux? So, SO many of you faggots seem to just skate by for free, which I don't understand, I never saw the pathway to such a life.

Why the fuck are college liberals always bitching and moaning about a universal basic income when it turns out we already have it? I wish I could just be a lazy slob instead of having to go to work 5 days a week.

Andrew Cox
Andrew Cox

family neetbux

Jordan Hughes
Jordan Hughes

As a former long time neet I could never go back. Even with the finest european autismbux you're living like shit

Nathaniel Johnson
Nathaniel Johnson

last year all I bought was Kekken, botw, mk8, and mario. This year is MHW and DBZF so far

Chase Cruz
Chase Cruz

This
There are more games than just the latest releases

Alexander Taylor
Alexander Taylor

vita 3.61+ soon™
3DS blown wide open, GBA games natively supported and with a flashcart, all DS games are too
switch will be hacked within the year
Ps4 hacked up to 4.05, still developing too
ps3 fully piratable if you don't have cuck model
psp, wii, wii U all softmoddable and by extension all Gamecube and PS1 games natively playable
with a little investment, PS2 and OG Xbox can play backups
dreamcast fully piratable on for almost two decades
snes, n64, gameboy, and nes can all get flashacarts
for almost anything these missed, you can emulate on a toaster
All you need to consider in your budget is the hardware itself. Invest in that and you'll never have to spend money on software again.

Landon Hall
Landon Hall

More like
Do you limit your intake?
NO, I EAT WHAT I WANT AND DON'T GET FAT

Caleb Lewis
Caleb Lewis

Not like that, I just figure out how mu h disposable money Ive got and go with my gut feeling if Im comfortable spending it on the given thing. Granted Im a salesman so my income could be drastically different from one moment to the next. Made 1500 on a sale and treated myself to something I wanted.

Jose Perez
Jose Perez

Key word is LIMIT.

You do not need to limit your intake (Of food.) or output (Of money.) unless you have a problem. I won't even say it just takes self-control, since that isn't a factor. There are some people who just don't have the urge to waste money on dumb shit, and there are some people who quite seriously lack the compulsion to chug 3 gallons of soda a day. Shocking, I know.

Jason Bailey
Jason Bailey

I've spent probably close to $300 (AU) already this year. Some notable purchases include Monster Hunter, GuP: Dream Tank Match and MG Survive

Carson Sanders
Carson Sanders

how long did you neet for?

Juan Martinez
Juan Martinez

In the US if you get a doctor to diagnose you with anxiety or depression you're eligible for $750 a month in SSI, $200 a month in SNAP (a special credit card that can only be spent on food), up to $600 a year in heating grants depending on what state you live in and free low tier health insurance

Ironically all that shit goes away if you get a job

Carson Thomas
Carson Thomas

That is called self-control. People with higher self-control also may have higher perspective. You are programmed to find high fat or calorie dense foods enjoyable or tasty. You use self-control and conditioning to limit your intake. Just because some people are so far beyond that point they don't have to actively think about how they limit themselves doesn't mean they don't do so. Some people don't sit down and write out a budget (I don't), but that doesn't mean they still don't budget internally. What you're trying to describe is not desiring something, which is completely fucking different.

Jace Barnes
Jace Barnes

Read my lips: You do not need self-control to stop yourself from doing something you DO NOT want to do!

Fuck you're a tard, and I'm honestly starting to think your view on this is colored by a personal animus about this.

What you're trying to describe is not desiring something
Which leads to a lack of a need to regulate your behavior on that subject. If you don't want to by useless garbage, you do not need to restrict yourself from buying useless garbage. It's never a factor in the first place, which is something you aren't making the connection with.

"I can't buy that." is way, WAY fucking different than "I don't want to buy that."

Lucas Peterson
Lucas Peterson

On/off for 3 years with the longest period being 11 months straight. I was getting very depressed , bored out of my mind and self worth was non existent. Boredom was the worst though and I couldn't get any enjoyment out of anything anymore. Couldn't afford to eat well or do much outside

Josiah Taylor
Josiah Taylor

hah, I'm neeting for 10 years already you're no way a "long-time" neet

Angel Morris
Angel Morris

Read the conversation, retard.
Do you not budget
No, I know how to spend my money wisely
Which has ZERO to do with not desiring something but everything to do with intention. You're on a video game board gloating about not desiring video games. Do you not see that the nuance of your argument doesn't fucking exist?

Ethan Martinez
Ethan Martinez

3 years is a long time to be neet. You're just the fatness equivilent of a 600lb crane required trainwreck

Cameron Gray
Cameron Gray

only recent game purchases were ports of old games to the PC and some indie titles.

Dead Rising 1
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
RimWorld
Kero Blaster

pc gaming is a fucking joke, there's nothing good to play

Jace Gonzalez
Jace Gonzalez

why do you think I'm fat, angryman?

Sebastian James
Sebastian James

I don't, that wasn't the point

Christopher Campbell
Christopher Campbell

i think my last purchase was either rabi ribi dlc or hollow knight

Connor Butler
Connor Butler

doubt you even have a point, you illiterate joke

Dylan Price
Dylan Price

want to buy some games during the chink newyear sale on steam
too tired last night to browse, figure eh fuck it ill do it tomorrow night
have to work, tired again
the sales over

this happens like every sale for me now.

Levi Reed
Levi Reed

Alright angryman, the point was that just because you are the worst case scenario, doesn't mean there aren't lessers on the scale that are still very bad.

Brayden James
Brayden James

who said anything about the worst case scenario you pathetic cucklet?
don't project your sad-story bullshit on me, my life is fucking great
you're the one who probably had to get the "equivilient" of a janitor job so he feels his "purpose"

Sebastian Richardson
Sebastian Richardson

It's similar but not exactly the same thing.

Your eating habits can indeed be influenced by having a healthy relationship with your body, like knowing when you are sated or actually craving healthy food out of impulse.

If you unconciously budget your money though, that either means you are a quite satisfied person or your parents hammered it into your head how to not be an idiot with money.

Jonathan Bell
Jonathan Bell

Why are you so angry?

Ayden Wright
Ayden Wright

yup, there's fucking nothing, unirocally bought WoW on the last patch in January and put about 24 hours then quit. Last exclusive I bought was csgo 3 years ago

Elijah Bennett
Elijah Bennett

thread is basically financial discussion

WHERE ARE THE VIDEO GAMES

Colton Wright
Colton Wright

I write down which games I'm interested in, and I usually end up only buying, out of a list of maybe 12-20 games, 3-4 at launch, and maybe 8-12 in total, per year. I put money aside for the games and get them when I have enough.
This year I've only bought MHW, and I plan on getting either Bayo 1 or 2 before Kirby comes out in March. Aside from that I don't have a whole lot else to look forward to until May/E3.
But like other anons have pointed out, my 3DS, shitty toaster and Chromebooks can emulate a lot of shit, so it's a good thing I've filled my backlog with retro games I haven't played yet.

Ryan Richardson
Ryan Richardson

Also you can get your rent 90% discounted with Section 8, but you have to be black to get it

Ryan Flores
Ryan Flores

Its obviously intended to get recommendations or info on upcoming games this year

Blake Carter
Blake Carter

we're almost 1/6th through 2018

Jesus wept

Wyatt Cruz
Wyatt Cruz

good job guy, stack up them VTSAX

Jack Rogers
Jack Rogers

budgeting is for casuals. once you're competent you can effortlessly save 50%+ of your income without any real planning, so a budgeting exercise is pointless.

Leo Bell
Leo Bell

How can you completely lack reading comprehension yet call him the illiterate

Eli Campbell
Eli Campbell

What a ridiculous statement. It depends entirely on the amount of disposable income

Gabriel Lewis
Gabriel Lewis

that's casual thinking unless you're a useless minimum wage employee. at median or better incomes it's not hard at all.

Noah Rodriguez
Noah Rodriguez

M&B: Bannerlord

Mason Martin
Mason Martin

Even with a decent starting income, most young people are paying around 60% of their income to rent and student loan repayments alone.

Grayson Scott
Grayson Scott

investing is for people who aren't happy enough with their wealth and feel the need to gamble it on the stock market to get even more

Brandon Morgan
Brandon Morgan

steam sales. I blow $3000 to $5000 per sale plus TF2 hats

Evan Barnes
Evan Barnes

have extremely narrow tastes in games
complain about how there are barely any good video games

You guys really need to stop doing this.

Ethan King
Ethan King

For what?

Juan Clark
Juan Clark

MMOs, new fifas, new FPS

this year alone I've spent $2000 on fortnite microtransactions and another 4 large on PUBG lootboxes, although I don't think I'll spend more on PUBG this month since it seems to be dying down

Justin Phillips
Justin Phillips

loans are easily paid off and then that income can go to savings. obviously you wouldn't bother saving if you have high interest debt to knock out first.
high rent without a crazy high income probably means excessive luxury or being stupid (e.g. living in SF).

Jacob Brown
Jacob Brown

being from a poor enough family you can't afford to own a multi-bedroom condo for NYC, SF, LA along with a mansion in Texas.

Let me guess you have to be a wagecuck too?

Dylan James
Dylan James

I refuse to believe this

Andrew Miller
Andrew Miller

You don't make sure you've got all the skins/guns in games? Loser.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit