Will we ever get the Witcher 3 of JRPGs?

>top tier open world

>top tier writing

>top tier characters

>top tier voice acting

>top tier side quests

add to that countless of good looking armor, weapons ect

an all around a true top tier quality product

what Japanese developer do you think can pull this off?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7jbhCOCdHUw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Chrono Trigger was released in 1996 senpai

>jRPGs
>good
I am gonna atop you riiiiiight there

sage this shit

>Will we ever get the Witcher 3 of JRPGs?
Witcher 3 sucks, so hopefully no

From Software with collaboration of Soytendo

And SMT II before it.

Forget JRPG, I doubt we'll see another game with the same amount of effort and passion put into it for a long time.

Which is sad, but the only companies and have the resources to create such a great game only care about making a quick buck.

You forgot
>top tier shit gameplay

It might be a good adventure game/visual novel, but its a shitty RPG.

RPG is for fucking retards that have never had friends that need to "roleplay" and "talk" to pixelated cartoons to feel better about life and escape their crappy existence. It wouldn't be so bad if it had good gameplay, but for some reason it's a prerequisite for every RPG to play like ass. I think this is because the developers know that their target audience sucks at life and so will no doubt suck at video games as well, so you have mechanically simple games or worse: turn based poop. I don't like the concept of grinding either. Beating an enemy should be mechanical and based on a natural skill component -- not because you've grinded 10 hours as a senior elite permavirgin wizard and now have the ability to select a potion from a menu and press X.

People who play video games primarily for story are also faggots. There are much better mediums for story, like actual books, TV shows, movies, etc. I don't relate to a retarded pixelated cartoon made for retarded manchildren and I don't "play" games to experience that shit. I play games to PLAY games. Every single core RPG made is for faggots; that goes for Final Fantasy, Mother, Morrowind, Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate, Chrono Trigger, all the rest of that awful weeb shit, Deus Ex, whatever the fuck, it's ALL shit. Literally the only good RPGs I've ever played are Soulsborne and I don't even consider those RPGs; they're more action games with RPG elements. Note how they're gameplay driven (and the gameplay itself is actually decent) and don't shove the story down your face, which is everything the average RPG isn't.

Seriously what the FUCK do you get out of "talking" to pixels? I bet you watch anime too you fucking faggot.

I pray to god my favourite JRPG series never fall for the open world or normalfag meme.

No because JRPGs have literally been going downill since the PS2 days.

Name THREE good JRPGs from 2008 to 2018.

Literally impossible.

>top tier open world
Maybe if exploration wasn't so neutered. There's hardly anything meaningful to find since things mostly scales with you. And because of the ridiculous level limitations, if you find some powerful gear, you won't be able to use it for forever, and when you can, it's already been outclassed. Not to mention every location you can find is marked on the map from the beginning. You have to go out of your way to turn those off so you can have some semblance of discovery in this game

>top tier side quests
A lot of them are just those lame "press button, follow the red trail" things, and then you kill a thing at the end. The exposition masks them as something more

>People who play video games primarily for story are also faggots
vidya are the best medium for storytelling imo because of the player interaction
I remember Yahtzee having a great video on the topic when he was reviewing SH2

youtube.com/watch?v=7jbhCOCdHUw

>every single gameplay system ranges from bad to mediocre
No thanks, JRPGs have gone to shit because they became shitty action RPGs like The Witcher instead of being what they used to be.
And if I want to play a good action JRPG Monster Hunter and Dark Souls exists so there's literally no need for games like these to even exist.

Imagine being as fundamentally retarded as OP is and thinking Witcher is top tier in anything.

there are many boring JRPGs already

>someone lists them
>“I said good!!”
Nice try

tl:dr I'm an autist who can't pay attention for 5 minutes

No because japs don't see the money in games with such scale, when they have weebs eating shit from the palm of their hand. Theirs no need to increase quality.

I'm an autist too but at least I'm not a flaming faggot

Why is that game so overrated by some pe...
>reddit spacing
never mind

>good looking armor

You mean the NPC armor, right? Because witcher stuff looks like some metalhead/biker shit.

I like Witcher 3 but the open world is terrible in it, it suffers from all the worst trends in modern open world games. Which is a shame considering open worlds are a thing wrpgs have traditionally done well.

FFXV was shit because it went down on this retarded route.
KH came out over a decade ago and it still plays better than TW3 even if you pretend both just came out today.

>The exposition masks them as something more

What kind of retard statement is this? You faggots are infuriating because your breakdown a game you don't like by saying you only have to press certain buttons and it's not interesting and then pretend that you couldn't be a little faggot about that for every fucking game.

New flash faggot. The exposition is what makes it good. Every game can be broken down to "all you do is this all game". The exposition is what makes it interesting.

Even fucking real life is like that. "All I do is go to work, come home, eat, sleep, and then do it again." or "I go to work, I made this and this happen, this project went forward because of my hardwork resulting in X, I went home, I made my favorite meal and then relaxed with something I found very enjoyable and then had a good night's rest."

Seriously buddy. Get a fucking life. Living life with the glass half empty is a bullshit view and you may as well just kill yourself and save us all from having to deal with your miserable ass.

>get griffin set
>sweet, can't wait to check out what it looks like
>looks like shit
>keep using worse armor because it looks nicer

Call a better openworld than W3 please...

>incoming flood of contrarian reductive "it's shit" arguments

Morrowind
Fallout 1/2

But they are objectively worse.

From a gameplay perspective you can do things in an interesting way, or a boring way. In this game the gameplay part of the quests are pretty uninspired

>The exposition is what makes it good
If that's the good part of the game, there is no need for this to be a video game

Gothic 2

Fallout had hubs dumbfuck. There's nothing "open world" about Fallout, stop pretending you played 1/2. You clicked around the map and had random encounters.

Breath of the Wild

BotW
Skyrim (unironically)
GTA5
Fallout NV
TW3 is bad as an open world game, all you can do in it is ride your dumb horse and engage in the terrible combat in combat designated areas, you can't even attack NPCs and try to bend the game's rules even a little bit. The world serves no purpose.
Hell you can't even use your spells at all while in "safe zones".

It's still open, you can go wherever you want from the start and the game won't force you to a certain path or to a linear progression of stages. Lots of classic wrpgs are open world.

>GTA5
Looks nice, but it's not very interactive

>implying that's not radical

Xenoblade Chronicles
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Open world is a meme and JRPGs have yet to really nail it down but here are some good JRPGs anyway

>Current Gen
Soulsborne whatever you want
Nier Automata with undub
Anything Ys
Megaten whatever you want
(!)Persona 5 if you can handle a weeb thing and ((((((swears)))))))
Xenoblade stuff

>Older gens
FF pre X
Chrono Cross (If you don't give a shit about trigger or haven't played it. It's a great standalone game)
Star Ocean 2 (PSP port undubbed)
FFT
Vagrant Story
Summon Knight Swordcraft Story 1-3
Xenogears/Saga

These are just my personal reccomendations but honestly if you're more of a WRPG dude just stay in your lane. I feel sort of bad for people who need to dunk on JRPGs because there's a lot of fun to be found in the genre.

it's like someone's never played chess before and asks why you can't move a pawn sideways. You just can't. It doesn't mean chess is bad.

Well it at least lets you throw everything up in the air in the downtime between missions. And the platitude of other mechanics like driving and shooting are satisfying enough.
I'd still rate it as overall worse than TW3 because I really hated the main quest and only some of the "?" quests were good like that one where you get drugged and fall on your underwear and such.

Depends what you want from an open world.
Quest narrative integration - NV>GTA5>W3>Skyrim>BotW
Combat - every open world game has pretty shit combat
Scale of World + Inhabitant AI - GTA5>NV>W3>Skyrim>BotW
Traversal - BotW>W3>GTA5>NV>Skyrim

What drives people to do shit like this?

>top tier open world
>top tier writing
>top tier characters
>top tier voice acting
>top tier side quests
You're joking, right ?

Why did they use that one guy for like half of the NPC voices. The fag with the raspy voice, I really started hating that shithead by the time I reached Novigrad

Probably something like

>heh, i bet i can trick people on Cred Forums and make them angry, that will surely show how much smarter i am than them and then i wont be such a failure in my own eyes since i have achieved nothing in life