Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire™

Comes out April 3rd. 41 days remaining.

Fuck, too soon again?

The nu-cRPG wave is shit and PoE2 won't be an exception. Can't wait until this trend dies.

why don't you go back to grimoire

>you will never get that angry at people talking about video games

Troll thread you idiots

>that
> not this
you had the one job.
Except the shilling job that is

I used to have Pallegina instead of Aloth earlier (main is a wizard) but I realized she would barely do anything compared to another caster in battle unless scroll spamming, and wizard only gets better with every level so into the keep missions she went, that flame ability paladins get at 13 doesn't compare to a nice shadowflame or fireball anyways.
It doesn't help casters soon start getting per encounter spells.

Doesn't really matter as long as there's one thread in the catalog, I think. The assblasted larianigger is promoting PoE2 discussion whether he realizes or not.

>barely do anything compared to another caster in battle unless scroll spamming
You shouldn't be using her like that. Take the fire spells instead

The game can be completed solo by any class on PotD. It's not easy, but it can be done with proper meta knowledge. Any character of any class above the main player character can be considered "redundant". What this means is that there's no point in discussing which party combination is more "meta", since anything above solo play is already an "overkill".

200 obsididrone coins has been deposited into your account

who fucking cares, all threads are troll threads on this shitty board

>got used to soloing so get bored having to micromanage 5 more losers
>but hate not having npcs around bantering

life is pain

When is this game coming out?

I've soloed the game once and I'm not planning on doing it again. It's fun to do it once as a challenge, but the lack of character interaction kills half my interest in the game.

>petty fag tries ambushing you
>lets you pass because he can't deal with the stupid shit Watcher says
Can we all agree that the Vithrack are the best? The 12th floor almost makes up for the rest of this hole.

sure, but at the same time it's the only thing that satisfies my number crunching autism

If all you do is aggro a single enemy from a mob and hide ina corner to 1v1 I dont think that should be considered into it. I realize that it's a strategy people apply in order to solo the game but I think its cheesy. not to mention eating like 5 different meals to supplement yourself, it works but it shouldn't be the strategy that gets people through the game. I think the relative pacifism achievement is probably harder than the potd with group, maybe not solo.

>not saving all of Endless Paths for after you've completed WM1&2 and hit 16
comfy

>Can we all agree that the Vithrack are the best?
Oh shit homosexual

>If all you do is aggro a single enemy from a mob
That's not really possible in PoE. When you aggro an enemy, you are guaranteed to aggro the entire mob and that mob more often than not has stuff like casters or marksmen. Locking yourself into a corner and trying to chew through enemy tanks while you're getting blasted by multiple wizards is not fun. You can really "1v1" enemies in a mob when the said mob consists of melee enemies only, which pretty much is never the case.

>endless path
God that was so shit

try doing every floor of the path solo and according to your level

So what do you guys think it's best to do in the first town? Pick up Eder and the elf guy or just go for the girl instead?

> best part of the game
> shit
> shit
> SHIT
NO U ARE SHIT YOU YOU... YOU SHIT

The implementation of the Endless Paths was so shit. You were SUPPOSED to go in there, do a level and then climb back up when suddenly you got your shit pushed in in the next level because everything was a level or two higher. Instead in practice I believe most people forgot that dungeon was even there OR they only returned when they were levelcapped and rolled the dungeon in a cakewalk

Autism compelled me to do it before overleveling it completely. I can't say it was worth it, but doing it on max level would just be even more boring.

>solo
Gay.

fuck off , mods delete this shitty spam

Will Amy be in this one or do I have to stick with SC4

not really ive seen plenty of people playing taking aggro from mobs but luring on efar enough away to solo and the others go back to where they started, rinse and repeat

well I mean you can have companions outside, but just roleplay as the path as your struggle and a secret from everyone but kanna.

>not luring humanoid mobs to monster mobs instead and watching they kill each other
>not casting Confusion from stealth instead and watching they kill each other
Come on user, try some better cheese

Someone redpill me on priest/mage strats for the cave bears in potd solo
It just takes too fucking long to die and I die half the time

>just roleplay as the path as your struggle and a secret from everyone but kanna
I mean, while it's a somewhat interesting idea, you'd just end up making one of the more dull parts of the game even worse.

Also, I don't want to think about soloing the ogres without overleveling them.

blind, arcane veil and that caster staff

You don't need to kill everything

>You can really "1v1" enemies in a mob when the said mob consists of melee enemies only, which pretty much is never the case

it's the case roughly half the time honestly

>according to your level

what the fuck does that even mean

>playing taking aggro from mobs but luring on efar enough away to solo and the others go back to where they started, rinse and repeat
Specifically tried doing this many times in my walkthrough, it almost never works. There ARE several areas in the game where this works, though, but this mob behaviour is not universal, it is specifically area dependent. One of such areas is the Caed Nua courtyard, where you can separate the spirits, while the other - Black meadow area where the lurkers are bound to their corner of the map and stop pursuing you if you lead them far enough from that said corner. In pretty much all other cases mobs will chase you all over the map, regardless of whether you're faster or slower than them and also regardless of the distance you keep between them and yourself.

yeah, only taking kana down there to the level he wants to go after you clear it out. nobody needs to know about the paths. it's your stronghold and its secrets are yours. come back up with heaps of good gear and everyone asks where it came from lol

>Someone redpill me on /mage strats for the cave bears in potd solo
>hug the left corner of the cave so only papa bear can attack you at once
>activate arcane veil
>cast infuse with vital essence
>cast chill fog it actually stacks with itself
>cast parasitic staff
>cast flame fan if needed after they have been blinded

floor 15 at level 15
floor 3 at level 3

says you
concelhaut staff you mean ? Do you kill it in time before it mauls you through veil ? Even with hardened veil, an hatchet and a buckler I only have like 110 deflection and I think he has around 90 acc

>floor 3 at level 3

so how are you fighting ogre druids at lvl 3 exactly ?

idk it's not like i've done it. just suggesting so other people will try it. lmao

so do you wear an armor in this situation ? Cause I'm trying it with plate and I'm just too slow to cast more than two spells for each arcane veil, and it's not enough

>it's the case roughly half the time honestly
No, not even close. You're forced to deal with mixed enemy composition as early as Änslog's Compass. Only in Magran's Fork do you get the luxury of fighting exclusively melee wildlife like boars and wolves. Pretty much all other areas in the game exhibit mixed enemy party composition.

That's a custom player character, right?

Has it really been 20 days since this autistit started making a thread every day? Thanks for keeping my life in frame PoE autist.

It's a promo pic, you mong

Anslog compass has literally one fucking priest and he'll bug the fuck out and not cast any spell half the time if you bottleneck the group.
The game has plenty of groups composed entirely of guls and skeleton fighters/revenants, packs of lions, spirits, animats, blights, staelgars, trolls, lurkers etc.

Nope, it's one of 384 backers with full backstories for you to read. Practically every single one is a Godlike so you won't be so lonely when you pick one.

>Anslog compass has literally one fucking priest
Three. You are so gay that you can't even count

It's what the godlikes look like now

>it's one of 384 backers with full backstories for you to read
What a fucking joke. I feel sorry for Obsidian. Someone had to read all the tumblr level bullshit that these people would come up with.

surprise player character

Skeletons have archers. Lions, not-tigers and trolls are just shitty wildlife. Animats have ranged rod-wielders. Spirits can cast ranged cold-based spells. Air Blights can cast lightning spells. Lurkers can attack partially through each due to their insane reach.

That too is a promo pic, idiot

How do you even have the patience to fight the armies of mobs on potd solo
It's no wonder from what I've seen people just fucking stealth their way through the wilderness

dude don't even try I've spent the last two days soloing this game with a melee character

Amy would be a kid in that timeline, unless there some sort of time magic. I would also guess that they are going for a lot fewer characters than in IV, and Raphael is way more likely to be the rapier user (even though Amy uses a different style).

A promo pic of a custom player character?

>Lurkers can attack partially through each due to their insane reach
That's not true is it? Never happened to me.

wut

> custom player character
So you have the game which will be released in two months? But you don't work for Obsidian?
How does this work?

>Skeletons have archers
Roughly half the time, yes, as I said
>Animats have ranged rod-wielders. Spirits can cast ranged cold-based spells. Air Blights can cast lightning spells.
Might as well call literally anything a mixed party because even fucking guls have a range skill lol
>Lurkers can attack partially through each due to their insane reach.
Absolutely not

BASED

GOLD

MAGIC

it's not, he's the one reaching insanely

>Amy would be a kid in that timeline
I can live with that.

When is this game coming out?

>So you have the game
I have a brain which is capable of identifying the process of character generation, mongoloid.

>Might as well call literally anything a mixed party
Whether you like it or not, here's fact for you: most enemy groups in the game are composed of enemies that are capable of engaging the player more than one at a time due to a combination of certain enemies or due to enemies having a mix of ranged and melee abilities. The point of the matter still stands: you almost NEVER get to "solo" opponents 1v1 even while standing in a perfect 1-character wide chokepoint, which is a rare occurrence in the first place.

n'yah!

that's the shittiest self-fiction I've read in a while

It's actually true, maybe I'll screencap if I ever experience it again. The keyword here is "partially". They do not have enough reach to attack through each other entirely, but they can attack through a part of another unit's circle.

>I have a brain which is capable of identifying the process of character generation, mongoloid.
So these pictures you post, where do they come from? Did Obsidian release them for promotional purposes?
> what is a promo pic
You immense faggot

I wouldn't call a couple faggots in the back with a peashooter not doing any damage as "engaging" me. The only ranged threats in the game are skeleton mages and every variety of druid (or wind blights), and oozes in large quantities. Anything else might as well be melee for all the good it does.

> its true i promise guyse even though it doesnt really happen but it happens for reals!!!!!

they have the same reach as a reach weapon, which is not enough to attack through one another but enough to attack through a small monster or keep you out of range with their on-hit stuck. Still not something I'd qualify as a ranged attack.

Can i play a paladin in this game?

>where do they come from?
You tell me, as far as I am concerned they could have been posted by backers playing beta content. I don't have beta access, so I can't tell.

>You tell me
I did. It's a promo pic, released by Obsidian and available through their website. Next time your betters tell you something, shut the fuck up and pay attention, faggot, or you might end up learning something worthwhile.

the graphics is worst than divinity:original sin 2

you forgot to trademark that title friendo

>I wouldn't call a couple faggots in the back with a peashooter not doing any damage as "engaging" me.
Good thing I never considered your opinion valuable in the first place. There's a whole shitload of actually dangerous ranged monsters and simply NPCs in the game. Once you actually play the game, you'll see what I'm talking about.

>forgot to trademark
It's right up there in the OP, see?
>Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire™
>™
See?

So, in other words, it's a pic of character advancement process just like I've said? Next time you try arguing something, try using your head instead of your shithole.

>b-but it's a promo pic!
Anything released at this point is a "promo" pic, mongoloid.

>has to cherrypick endgame expansion content because the main game doesn't have any threatening ranged monsters except the ones I listed

adorable

Is this "endgame" as well? Answer yes or no.

Lagufaeths are more threatening than anything in the main game so yes

Really?

Here you said:
> A promo pic of a custom player character?
As if that was impossible.

Here you said
> wut
In reply to my statement "That too is a promo pic, idiot". As if it wasn't.

Here you said
> surprise player character
In response to my statement "It's a promo pic, you mong", as if it wasn't.

And now you admit that all pics are promo pics since the game isn't released yet.
And yet, you are wrong. It was all a lie. I have no idea where the pic is from :3

>lvl8 content
>end game

>lagufaeths being more dangerous than groups with adragans in them that cast petrification and returning storm

As I've said, good thing I've never took you seriously to begin with.

which portrait
Also
>not solo ironman expert mode

> bringing up WM content
Stop trying to sell your shitty expansion

What the fuck is this entire thread

>He doesn't upscale
Lol
I don't give a fuck what people that play easy mode think about the challenge of this game

Asshurt Larianfags trying to troll. The real topic already archived for the day this one is useless.

trolls trolling trolls
pissing in an ocean of piss
etc etc

WM is a lvl7 area.

And I don't give a fuck about what people who don't play this game think about this game. People like you.

YOU DONT LIKE IT? WELL FUCK YOU TOO!!

You should not talk about asshurt my man. We have 41 days left of this :3

Ass-blasted larianiggers shilling PoE2 without realizing it themselves.

You are just upset that my thread is more successful than yours.

But it's getting impossible to tell if people are pretending to be retarded or not.

I-I just wanted to talk about RPGs...

What's a good order to do shit early game solo so you don't get demolished

After seeing how badly Tyranny turned out, I really don't have high hopes for this game

Tyranny was a mercenary job for Paradox. It had all the pieces but I don't think it was their main focus unlike Pillars which is their baby.

Personally, I would go Valewood (without fighting the bear) - non violent quests in Guilded Vale - Magran's Fork - Black Meadow - Madhmr Bridge - Anslog's Compass - return to Gilded Vale to do Temple of Eothas -
Esternwood (can actually be done at any time, but there's not much to do here) - Raedric's Hold - Caed Nua. Once you're in act 2 things get much easier and you get some breathing room, so you don't have to try and complete shit in some strict order. WM1 can be done as early as lvl7.

>discussing games
>in Cred Forums
hahahaha faggot

>WM1 can be done as early as lvl7
And how does one survive the lagufaeth and battery sirens/spirit gangbang on potd solo

While I liked Pillars 1, it was dreadfully basic, plain, and lacking in uniqueness.

Do I go to /vg/ for that?

By having good deflection and other defenses. Sidewinders are the really dangerous ones along with broodmothers, but the sidedwinders have sub 80 accuracy even on potd, so they should be manageable by lvl7.

At launch I'm just pirating it, user. I'll buy it later when it goes 75% off in a sale.

yes

Man this game gonna be so dope can't wait to shoot up my friends on xbox live

anyone have that class poll?