Gravity Rush thread

Anyone on the mood for a GR thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

gravityrushcentral.com/2018/02/18/new-kat-raven-figures-prime-1-studio-unveiled-wonfes-2018/
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/407349506/
youtube.com/watch?v=MMKZL04lZ8Y
karageko.me/2018/01/07/gravity-rush-art-book-interview/
twitter.com/sshun3
mega.nz/#!a5VGXaAZ!2y_FhPGkIp2sZ6M-sVZW5gYRhxa4oNuu56No3tBLR-8
mega.nz/#!XkdnnQZT!E2gCqPmDFSER0N_JyN1TNZoX1jH7UIMc1dmkgqTUHbs
gravityrushcentral.com/2018/02/15/new-found-glitch-in-gravity-rush-2-allows-you-to-play-as-raven-in-story-missions/
youtube.com/watch?v=XRf5XKeo-DQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6xqsmaOC8YA
youtu.be/ZgmawsAfJPY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think the mods deleted the last GR thread

Anything else to talk about besides Kat's ass?

Which one and why?

gravityrushcentral.com/2018/02/18/new-kat-raven-figures-prime-1-studio-unveiled-wonfes-2018/
What about this?

Speaking of merch, kind of a shame Nathan Drake gets a Nendoroid but not Kat.

Ayone have a favorite side mission?

dunno why mods deleted it
the posters did nothing wrong: boards.fireden.net/v/thread/407349506/

Maybe it's because of the "X killed [NUMBER]" meme.

>kat thinks she's smuggling drugs and that raven is an addict trying to steal them
>it's actually cake

Silly Raven

gotta eat big to get big

Is she Sony's Kirby now?

I wish Raven had her own costumes.

Anyone got the Ringsel drawing of Raven yet

Bump

How many figures do we need to buy to save the Gravity Rush franchise?

I don't know, honestly.

I wonder how long until the DLC starts being paid or no longer being free.

>making free delay apology dlc cost money

Granny Smith > every other apple cultivar

Okay

The bird race missions

I never played gravity rush but these girls make my pee pee get bigger. Are the games actually good?

>Are the games actually good?
Yes, even if they take a while to get used to.

Best song?

I like them
I think they're really fun

I love the architecture of the cities in these games.

"Vaguely European city as designed by Japs" is always envirokino.

Indeed

me too
I think GR has the best world design and nicest and most interesting open world in any game IMO

Honestly, i can't think of a game that even did "floating cities in the sky" better than GR right now.

Kat is so perfectly suited for Nendoroid. And GR fans are dedicated so it's not like no one would buy it.

Taking the old man around town.

That whole mission is just a series of little needles in the heart isn't it

Those are gonna be fuckin expensive aren't they?

the series has some nice designs
it just could not get the sales

From novelty of the movement mechanics and environments alone, yes. It's probably been said to death, but it really reminds me of the PS1-64 era where games were very transparent and playful. The phrase 'a game that's not afraid of being a game' is pretty lame, but it fits the bill with GR, and it's part of the reason why it resonates so well. The cute protagonists are a great bonus.

>Those are gonna be fuckin expensive aren't they?
i can only assume that they will be

the gameplay is just way too novel, unique, and exciting for the masses
the visual are just too anime
where are the normal and bland human protagonists for me to relate to?

The Raven one costs 800 bucks and only 500 of them will be made.

Welp. I guess looking at pictures of them is nice too.

while the games had it's flaws.
it's main problem was just not really finding a big enough audience to appeal to
hope we see Kat and Raven again somehow though

ow... yeah. that's not happening

>the visual are just too anime

Too anime for normans and too ouiaboo for weebs.

Bioshock Infinite :^^^)

It's fucked up because I think if if the unwashed masses gave it a chance they'd love Kat. She's too much of a real human bean to be denied.

>Too anime for normans
p5 was really popular with normalfriends.

That funky ass soundtrack lubed them up. It let some weird shit pass.

Team Siren should've spent all of their budget on menus.

Can't say I blame them.
youtube.com/watch?v=MMKZL04lZ8Y

>more merch
IS GRAVITY RUSH NOT DEAD?

GR2 menus are great though.

I hate the fucking flying swordfishsquid guys. They're so fucking annoying and have even caused my game to bug out by fucking pushing me through level geometry meaning I had to quit missions and lose all my progress.

don't be too hopeful user

>that wrestling segment in the game's tutorial

Who the fuck thought this was good pacing?

>that white kat in the background

What wrestling segment? Are you talking about the arena fight with Fi in the second game?

One of the best vidya art books for the environment art alone.

I've seen the scans but I'd love to own a physical copy. I really hope they publish it in the west eventually.
Also:
>mfw Gravity Rush 2 didn't get nominated for best art direction/visuals awards in 2017

>have 10 days off work over the next 11 days
>finally have the time to get a new playthrough of GR1 and potentially even 2 as well

hope you enjoy it user

Picked it up at a con last year for 30 bucks, 'cause I figure they're not gonna bring it over. Sucks not being able to read the full context on the designs, but they almost speak for themselves.

Cecie!

there is a translation of the artbook interview: karageko.me/2018/01/07/gravity-rush-art-book-interview/

Thanks bud.

Character Designer still loves her though

sauce? I didn't know Team Siren's artist had a twitter

twitter.com/sshun3

see filename

Nobody ever posts screenshots of her in the casual outfit

What makes Kat so likable? I like her, but it's not just because she's cute. I legit enjoy her character and I have no idea why

I wanna marry Kat!

Did you guys hear about the glitch that makes Raven playable in the normal mode?

You can even do story and challenge missions as her

She's portrayed like a normal human being. Like a real girl from the real world instead of just STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMYN

Dont forget the soundtrack!

GR 1
mega.nz/#!a5VGXaAZ!2y_FhPGkIp2sZ6M-sVZW5gYRhxa4oNuu56No3tBLR-8

GR 2
mega.nz/#!XkdnnQZT!E2gCqPmDFSER0N_JyN1TNZoX1jH7UIMc1dmkgqTUHbs

gravityrushcentral.com/2018/02/15/new-found-glitch-in-gravity-rush-2-allows-you-to-play-as-raven-in-story-missions/

What do Kat's feet smell like?

>The only caveat is that you need to complete Delvool Trench Mine layer 30

I only just started GR2. Is that something that's hard to accomplish?

Delvool is the mining trenches, you have to fulfil combat challenges until you get to the next level. They start off easy enough, but get way harder as you progress.
Basically, if you're good at the combat you'll be fine. I'm not good at the combat though, so fuck.

So does Raven play any different then Kat?

She's honestly kinda just shittier Kat with no crash landing. Some people like her combat options but that's the only way they differentiated her.

did you play GR2? There is one level where you play as Raven and she has her own DLC missions. She is very similar to Kat, except her gravity kick is different, she her own super move, and she can spend meter to create energy balls for her stasis throw which doesn't require any objects near her. She only has one style unlike Kat, so Raven is much more limited.

git gud

What is Team Gravity up to these days? Any word on their next project?

thnx user, its hard to find the first ost

youtube.com/watch?v=XRf5XKeo-DQ

I've listened to this track hundreds, probably thousands of times, and it still feels utterly magical to me.

How do you feel about what they did with the song in 2?

>realizing that the song we're hearing during GR1's intro is Kat's old music box

Nearly any of the missions involving Vigo.
Kat's good nature clashes nicely with his scumbaggery.

Finding the lost scientist couple in the first game.

hmm playing fetch with the dog

tedious but a welcome change of pace

You mean Red Apple? Love it to bits.

Kohei Tanaka has been my favourite composer since I first watched Gunbuster and Diebuster over a decade ago. The way his music emotionally sweeps is so amazing, it was amazing for both Buster series due to their tone.

youtube.com/watch?v=6xqsmaOC8YA

The thing is, with Gravity Rushs tone as well as its gameplay, Tanaka's work is so absolutely perfect for Gravity Rush. They really could not have chosen a better composer for the series.

I like to think that spinning double kick that Kat and Raven do in 2 is a direct reference to the Inazuma Double Kick. That and pic related.

:') its gonna be ok

I'm in love with Kat!

youtu.be/ZgmawsAfJPY

It's almost certainly referencing that. There are so many ways Kat's kicks are like that.

The director has said that he was inspired by Kamen Rider so I think the gravity kick is also supposed to be a rider kick reference.