It wasn't bad. In fact it was the best Halo

It wasn't bad. In fact it was the best Halo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FzeR9PDTbn0?t=225
youtube.com/watch?v=x21S9b4t9vw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All can agree that it had some good music

halo 2 > R/3 > 1 > rest

Had a quite the nice and surprisingly emotional story. MP was great fun too. Last Halo that didn't feel like CoD

It was good, but nowhere near the best. Although all the Halo games are good and there are few of them so it's hard to rank them. Reach's balancing is fucked though.

It was good and it was literally the only game I've ever preordered but it's certainly not the best. 2 and three were my favorites though it's hard to pick which I had more fun with. I like the simplicity of ce and it'll always hold a place in my heart for being the first halo game I ever played. Reach was pretty great though and they almost perfected forge mode which I liked a lot. I think I had more fun though with the reach multiplayer beta than I did with actual reach multiplayer. Not sure why. Everything by 343 has been shit except for 4's cortana. Strictly for masturbatory purposes though, nothing to do with her character. 5 was literally a joke. Not expecting anything big from 6 but we'll see. I'll likely still play it.

Agreed. Best in the series by far. ODST was great too (though it had faults).

1 and 3 were good. 2 was trash.

Had a great campaign but the worst multiplayer in the series

It was the Halo I had the most fun/memories with. But in my defense, Halo 3 was my first, personally owned Halo and before that it was just couch campaigns at my friends place.

Your opinion is objectively wrong. Which I always thought was impossible until I read the shit you just wrote.

>stop liking what I don't like
you sound like a fag.

The Ark and The Covenant in Halo 3 are the peak of the series, followed by Silent Cartographer, Assault on the Control Room, and maybe one other level in the original.

1. It was bad.
2. It was the worst Halo*

*made by Bungie

>2 was trash

You sound underage bitch.

I don't even have enough characters available to list all the things wrong with this steaming pile of shit, so I'll just go until I run out. If you actually think this game didn't completely kill what was left of Halo after meh Halo 3 (inb4 H3 babies) then you have no concept of what makes a game good and are a man child who said "huurrrr jetparks" when the trailers came out
1. Sprint is used as a get out of jail free card, lowering the skill gap and negating the need for good positioning
2. As a result of sprint, maps become supersized just to accommodate all the pointless running you have to do from point A to B, making sprint a pointless addition that adds nothing, but takes a lot from game play.
3. Majority of the maps were terrible, Zealot was alright.
4. Bloom slowed action to a crawl, and helped kill the competitive aspect by adding too much randomness to fights.
5. Armour lock just prolongs the inevitable, all it does is stop the game for a few seconds, and the occasional vehicle kills don't make up for that
6. Vehicles became death traps, DMR fire ripped through you like paper
7. Jetpack does away with the concept of map control completely, lowering the skill gap and again punishing good players
8. Strafe speed was ridiculous because of the delay when you try to change directions, reducing the skill gap and making 1v1's less nuanced as a good player had less opportunity to outplay someone (youtube "AGL Chicago pistola out br Ninja", moments like these became much more rare), and who shot first became more important
9. Firefight went from being a tough challenge to a grunt birthday party god-mode killing spree on matchmaking
10. Loadouts lead to randomness, and you get stuck with retards who choose the AR instead of the DMR, also discourages map movement as a good weapon is often just handed to you (slayer pro was fine because everyone got the same good weapon to start)
11. Mini-nukes returned, noobs no longer need good nade placement
I can go on

It was shit and you Reach babies need to drink fucking bleach or poison, get hit by a truck or train, or hang yourselves.

This

You're actually autistic. Martin fucking o' Donnel himself noticed and said multiple times the lack of quality that was put inHalo 2, 3 and ODST wasn't there at all during Reach's development.

It was decent, but it signaled the death of Halo. Everything wrong with it was ramped up in 4 and 5.
Whose idea was it to make the multiplayer maps copy and pasted from the story mode.

Halo 4 was objectively worse

This, Reach was literally fucking nuBungie, OP fuck off back to >>reddit, /hg/, Bungie.net, or wherever the fuck you came from, god I hate Reach babies.

The worst possible thing about Reach was the Music. How they made Martin compose such bland, boring dogshit which is a step down from his Halo 3 and ODST work I'll never know.

Reach was the beginning of Bungie shitting on Marty and Joe. Joe loved the Halo novels and made connections to them in the games Halo CE-3 and ODST. With Reach, since Joe wasn't writing it, Bungie could finally do away with the novels with that game and Marty try to get the Reach Team enthusiastic about the game like the team that made Halo CE-ODST but the team just didn't care.

youtu.be/FzeR9PDTbn0?t=225

"Armor lock's insane, I love it". I remember how much I wanted to kill this guy once I actually got the game

But why did they stop caring? If they simply told Microsoft that they wanted to take a break from Halo and pitch Destiny I'm sure they would have let them done it.

Could have been more emotional, to be honest. None of it ever felt like Reach's last stand, the way they were jumping around it all. Never got the desperation feeling until Objective: Survive.

It wasn't that bad after the patch, but it was easily the worst Halo game before then.

DMR > BR

by the time the patch came it was already long dead

Maybe, but it was fun.

Shit taste having nigger.

What patch? When did it come out?

The one that gave the option to remove bloom and sword block, add bleedthrough, and nerf armor lock.

All the guys that did care moved to Destiny or left after Halo 3, the Reach Team was almost completely new. Almost none of the guys that worked on Reach worked on any Halo game prier.

This

I thought it was pretty good as well. Weird knowing that you're going to fail the objective of the game as soon as you start playing though. Story was decent, music was good, and I liked the customization. all the gear was situational and wasn't overpowered in multiplayer, besides the banshee. it largely came down to player skill and map familiarity. 9/10 game for me. one point off for the shitty halo fanbase being insane.

*made by Bungie
pls read.

The reason reach, and any other halo game since 3 has died is because the forge mode has always been 100x shitter since 3.

I can't think of a single iteration of forge mode that's fully working and usable when it was released since 3

>I can't think of a single iteration of forge mode that's fully working and usable when it was released since 3
Reach

Halo 3 is superior. But not by much. Reach was a hell of a game and a great way for Bungie to send off the series.

Broken and had forge world as its base, which was shitty and full of bugs. You couldn't even suspend platforms in the sky at launch

1. It speeds up gameplay
2. This isn't true for anything besides maybe BTB maps and even then sprint would have made BTB in older games even better on some of the more bigger maps like Blood Gulch / Coagulation
3. You kind of got a point here but Zealot was maybe a middle of the pack kind of map. Maps I liked were countdown, powerhouse and asylum the most for smaller maps. Blood Gulch remake was lots of fun for BTB playlists.
4. Bloom was a necessity to make more guns viable.
5. It sucked true.
6. Vehicles were still powerful and you'd want to use them.
7. It was fun, yeah I said it.
8. Halo was more about jumping and shooting actually not strafing.
9. It was better in ODST true.
10. Loadouts weren't a bad thing. Bungie even entertained the idea with Halo 2. Also wouldn't you rather a bad player choose the weapon they will do most good with? Stupid thing to complain about.
11. Grenades should be useful for killing.

CE and ODST will always be my favorites. Reach isn't as bad as everyone likes to pretend it is, but the multiplayer certainly had it's flaws.

It didn't have any bugs.
>You couldn't even suspend platforms in the sky at launch
But that's not true
Halo 3 didn't even have any Forge maps until months later.

Reach was just straight shit as a whole then.

>But not by much
My ass, every Halo game was superior to that piece of shit, and no, nuBungie's garbage was not a perfect way to send off the series, ODST was because that was the last spark of old Bungie.

>1. It speeds up gameplay
It doesn't. It does the opposite of speeding up the gameplay, because you need to drop your weapon in order to travel anywhere and can just run away.

It ruined the golden triangle of Halo gameplay.

>shooting
>melee
>grenades

Then 343 continued to ruin this triangle by continuously looking for a fourth element when Halo did not ever need a fourth element.

>Bloom was a necessity to make more guns viable.
The AR was still shit even with bloom.

Halo 5 is the best since ODST.

Wtf are you talking
Jorge sacrifice himself for blowup a covenant ship was sad AF

>every halo thread this guy turns up

I loved SWAT in this game. Most fun ive ever had with a console shooter

DMR was better. This is simply fact. They should have gotten rid of the BR for later games. BR fags just don't want to let go.

Forge was way easier to use in Reach than Halo 3.

>they hated jesus because he told them the truth

Maybe if the OP wasn't a faggot, then maybe he wouldn't show up but 90% of Halo threads on Cred Forums are shit anyway like Metroid threads which is why both end up having the same problem. You don't start a Halo thread with Reach is better than every Halo game made and released just like you don't do that with Metroid, luckily Cred Forums stopped doing that with Metroid I'm hoping the same happens after Halo 6 is announced and released.

As soon as I discovered SWAT I basically played nothing else.

*with Metroid Other M

Best Halo armor. Besides that, it's not much better than any other Halo. Grenade Launcher was fun though.

I'm glad somebody cared, at least. I know I didn't.

This

>What is Halo 3?

The beta was legit 10/10 and they fucked the balancing after.

Star wars rogue one stole the story from this and then made vader appear at the end lmao

Only season this game was used was one of the worse ones.

to keep platforms in the air in 3 didnt you have to reload the map every time

>watching reddit vs blue after halo 3

>tfw they went from Halo CE-2 Red Vs blue to shitty anime in cellshade garbage

I mean, Chorus Trilogy was still pretty good. I will give you S15 though.

1. Again, if you supersize the map then that negates the speed boost entirely. If this is true then why is it that 1-3 managed to be much faster paced without sprint?
2. You clearly didn't play the first 3 games enough, or you are blind. "Small" maps in Reach are huge compared to "small" maps from the previous games. Play them without sprint and the game slows to a crawl because they ARE way bigger
3. OK. I haven't played the game in a long time so I can't get into a serious look into all the maps
4. Slowing down the game play and reducing the skill gap was the only option? This is a false dilemma. The pistol managed to be very viable with or without bloom enabled because it was made better from Halo 3 in other ways such as damage, fire rate, range etc. The same could easily be done for other weapons. Even when the BR/god pistol rained supreme, most Halo fans actually preferred that along with power weapon control anyway
6. I quite vehicles aside from tanks. If you ever played with actually good teams, you would know that vehicles were rendered useless. Dealing with ghosts, banshi's and warthogs was laughable Again, you had to have been playing with non-scrubs to know this
7. Yes it was fun. Too bad all the jetpack loving retards didn't actually stay to play the game more than 3 months, meanwhile all the old Halo fans and competitive players got fucked over by manchildren who don't know what they want
8. You just proved that you are a scrub who knows nothing about how to play Halo. Strafing has always been the most important tool in avoiding hits. And no fucking shit shooting is the most important thing. All 3 are important
10. "loadouts aren't a bad thing because I said so". idc if bungie entertained the idea. these are the same people that killed the player base and doomed the franchise. And no, I would rather bad players learn to use the DMR and get better instead of never improving at all and trying to cross map with the AR

That's Luke Smith, he also ruined Destiny. Guess we had our warning.

11. grenades were already useful and perfectly balanced in the previous installment. They were useful but took some level of skill to use, which is exactly what Halo was all about

Monty wanted to do a thing, and it got popular because anime, along with cute girls and transforming guns. The whole series isn't the best to begin with, but Volume 1 was so sloppy, I'm surprised it got enough traction to last as long as it has.

"Halo was more about jumping and shooting actually not strafing" People like you are the reason competitive Halo died. Anyone who was good at Halo knew how to combine strafes, jumps, ghandi hops, strongsides, wall-use, and crouches into a duel to come out on top. Here's a video that teaches you some basics and stresses the importance of strafing. Please learn instead of talking until you actually no how to play the game
youtube.com/watch?v=x21S9b4t9vw

>people actually think Reach was bad
can guarantee they started with 4 and only act like 3 was good so they don't look new

Fuck you, Bungie

Reach was a fun game. I liked it a lot. It just wasn't "Halo." If you look at it by itself, it's fine, in comparison to 1-3 it's a let down. However, anyone saying forge was better in 3 is a fucking idiot. That shit was a pain in the ass. Reach was way better.

On a separate note, did any of the other Halo games have a whole secret room like that one underground portion of a level in Reach did? I remember some voice/sound easter eggs from other games, but nothing about a whole room.

>1. It speeds up gameplay
It doesn't, it actually slows it down because everyone can just try to sprint away when getting shot, it draws encounters out. It also ruined map design.

>It wasn't bad.
correct
>In fact it was the best Halo.
incorrect

Meh I loved the multiplayer, was a good mix of of Halo 3 and 4, without having the bad of 4.

Are the Halo Wars games good?

It got the ranking system right at least. fuck halo 3's "all or nothing" system so I got shit because my team lost even though I carried all of my shit teammates

I usually ignore Halo: Reach's existance.

*existence

>It wasn't bad
>best halo
yea ok underage
3 > 1 > odst > 2

It had plenty of bad of its own.

anything after 2 is absolute trash

2 was trash.

2 sucked compared to Halo CE and Halo 3 was better than Halo 2.

>and Halo 3 was better than Halo 2.
Maybe for its features, but the gameplay was worse.

No, even that was better, Halo 2 was a buggy mess.

halo 3 is the worst game in the franchise

bait

Different user here but.

>4. Slowing down the game play and reducing the skill gap was the only option? This is a false dilemma. The pistol managed to be very viable with or without bloom enabled because it was made better from Halo 3 in other ways such as damage, fire rate, range etc. The same could easily be done for other weapons. Even when the BR/god pistol rained supreme, most Halo fans actually preferred that along with power weapon control anyway
Without bloom DMR would have been by far the best. Bloom was the perfect way to balance all guns since they can also adjust each gun more easier.

>10. "loadouts aren't a bad thing because I said so". idc if bungie entertained the idea. these are the same people that killed the player base and doomed the franchise. And no, I would rather bad players learn to use the DMR and get better instead of never improving at all and trying to cross map with the AR
Loadouts was neat though. People want to use weapons that best suit their playstyle. What hurt Halo was the obsessiveness by the playerbase to make the games BR/DMR only while casuals and anyone not autistic did not mind the AR. So what better way to please everyone then to just do loadouts? Had that been in the games prior to Reach it would have vastly improved them. Especially since other than what gun you have everyone would be on an even playing field unlike with Reach having AA throwing a wrench in the gameplay.

3s shit FoV, maps, and weapons make it worse than Halo 2.

>Without bloom DMR would have been by far the best.
It was still the best weapon in the game by far.

Halo 3 weapons are better than 2, also
>playing Halo competitively
You're the reason why Halo 5 has a slapped on BTB.

>Without bloom DMR would have been by far the best.
But its already by far the best weapon, you never want anything else outside of specific situations on specific maps.

Sounds like they just slapped bloom on in an attempt to make up for the horrible weapon balance.

>Halo 3 weapons are better than 2
The BR is objectively weaker.
>inb4 but it should be, so there's balance
And the BR was still the best weapon in Halo 3

Okay, then think about how much more ridiculously good it could have been without it. In fact you don't have to think. They even made no bloom gametypes. The DMR was too good. BR from prior games was the same way which is why the games were just BR fests for most of their life. If bloom really was that awful they wouldn't have even bothered with it. 343 did good keeping that in there at least. It is all about having the right bloom balance.

Thats not Halo: CE on PC you pleb.

>playing Halo casually
You're the reason why Halo 4 exists.

It wasn't the best Halo, but it was a sight better than fucking Halo 3. I swear to god Halo 3 being the best one is the biggest meme in all of gaming.

1 > 2 > R > 5 > 4 > 3.

But reach introduced Spartan 3's and Doctor Halsey to the games which previously were book-only lore

>The BR is objectively weaker
I'm supposed to give a shit why? I play for fun.
>And the BR was still the best weapon in Halo 3
Read above

I loved Halo CE-3 casually, I was mad 343 stupidly listened to the Reach babies who cried like bitches over the patch instead of listening to the Halo CE-3 fans for Halo 4.