Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 + 2 Switch Announce Trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=iOCbbJQ91IY

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG U GUYZ

Other urls found in this thread:

theheroes7.wordpress.com/2018/02/19/megaman-legacy-collection-2-cannot-fit-onto-a-switch-cartridge/
youtube.com/watch?v=mlO0tmWJML8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rewind

moga kman is ssa ved

>casualized roms you could just download for free.

God damn I miss Wiis VC with no save states. It's all downhill from here.

>and a download code for mega man legacy collection 2
Dropped. What's the point of buying a physical collection if you have to download half of it? Go fuck yourself Capcom.

Faggit

Just download the free game you faggit autism King.

you can still see the bugged uneven health bars. the legacy collections are both shit lol

I'd get it if the second part weren't a download.

How the fuck do you botch getting NES games on one cart?

>Just download the free game you faggit autism King.
Why do that, when I could just download the roms on my PC? This collection is worthless to collectors. Kys Capshit apologist.

This. Its a scam and I dunno why they are too lazy to put both on one cart or have 2 carts. Devs need to stop doing this bullshit because it sucks if you get the game used and you end up having only half of it.

Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack on Switch has BOTH games on one cart and devs need to follow suit like with Gunvolt.

Get Legacy Collection 1 and 2 on PS4 since they both have physical copies.

Not all games in the collection are NES games. 1-6 were on NES 7 was on SNES, 8 was on PS1/Saturn, 9 and 10 were on PS3, 360, and Wii.

its a perfect way to fight against used games

but its just a collection of roms. why the fuck would you want this? its worth maybe $5 max for the challenges.

>2 is digital only

Aaaaand there goes my interest
Get fucked capcom

>people getting so butthurt about digital releases
>will download everything as roms and isos anyways

My problem is that when you start fucking around with downloading half the game then you're going to have to get a dozen SD cards.

Sometimes it needs to be done, but please come up with a reason Mega Man sidescrollers can't go on once cart other than Capcom only want to pay for 1GB?

Its fucking retarded.

Switch games to avoid which does the 1 game on cart + 1 game digital voucher
>Bayonetta 2(includes 1 as well but its only digital voucher for 1 while 2 is on cart)
>RE Revelations collection(Rev 1 on cart and 2 is digital voucher)
>Doom 2016(Campaign on cart, while you have to download the MP part of the game)

Only game that does compilation right so far on Switch is Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack since it has BOTH games on one cart.

Great for people who don't already own everything, but if they wanted this to be worth the emone, they should have included Megaman and Bass at long last.

Or the GB games
It hurts that I want to support megaman but I cant because this product is garbage and Im not paying for it

They at least have an excuse for no GB games, they literally lost the source code (not that that's excusable in itself). They'd have to make them from scratch, and at that point, they'd be better off redesigning the stages for a larger screen.

Cant they just emulate the roms available in the internet

>still no Rockman & Bass, even the GBA version

They don't actually have the rights to run pseudo Nintendo console code. Allegedly, that's why porting the old games was such a large effort, so as not to actually use proprietary platform simulation.

Daily reminder:
Only PC is the best
Buying a switch means you are a fag

But they had already ported megaman 1-6 to PS1

I'll explain it to you cumquats:

Publishers love it when you buy games digitally. It makes it impossible to resell and, most relevant in this case, hooks you in to their ecosystem. They have done research and found that if someone purchases a game digitally, they are much more likely to purchase more digitally. They also don't have to pay for producing the game physically. By giving you a download code for Legacy Collection 2, they actually increase the liklihood that you'll double-dip on LC1, and buy it digitally as well. It's a bunch of balancing of statistics, but this is the kind of thing they have in mind.

Always think of this and watch how hard these companies try to get your toe in the digital space.

They probably had to fork over cash for the rights to do that. If they truly removed the Nintendo emulation, they might not have to get that license from Nintendo anymore.

This is speculation now, btw. If none of this is true, I have no idea why they claim the MM1-6 Legacy port was a concerted effort.

I rather play the SNES version translated. Fuck that shitty lower res GBA screen where I can't see shit above or bellow me even that godawful vertical scrolling in a regular horizontal scrolling area.

Ill just stick to emulation then, their loss.

>still no proper english release of complete works

>new rewind feature
FUCKING CASUALS

I never resell my games anyways.

I like how they showed it in a BS place of MM1 where casuals are extremely likely to lose lives

>How do I resize the window

The Display area of the game on the GBA and the SNES is literally the same, they didn't crop it in any fucking closer you mong

Yes they did crop it for the GBA version. Have you played both versions?

should import them anyway. it's not like you need to know jap to play them

just weird. the size for collection 2 can't be that big to not fit on a normal card

>the cloth is for the fans when they're done jacking off to mega man

The combo pack of 1+2 on the ps4 is 5.25 GB

>Only game that does compilation right so far on Switch is Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack since it has BOTH games on one cart.

it works for that because of its small file size to begin with

theheroes7.wordpress.com/2018/02/19/megaman-legacy-collection-2-cannot-fit-onto-a-switch-cartridge/

It was Nintendo’s fault for using cartridges.

Nice blog, where can I donate? ;)

Azure Striker Gunvolt is also a collection of 2 3DS games that equals 4gbs whereas Bayo and especially Rev 2 would end up hiking up the price of the collections if they were to be put on carts.

This!. Switch version of both would've fit on an 8GB Switch cart easily but NOPE Capcom had to go the scam route by having LC1 on cart and have LC2 digital voucher.

Which I find bullshit because LC1 and 2 would easily fit on a 8GB Switch cart with no issue. but NOPE Capcom had to cheap it out.

Fucking tell Capcom that you won't buy the Switch LC unless both games were on a single cart.

youtube.com/watch?v=mlO0tmWJML8

I mean it's alright, but it does make things stupidly hard.

>Bayo and especially Rev 2 would end up hiking up the price of the collections if they were to be put on carts.

Alright user, tell me how you'd get Resident Evil Revelations 2 at 23gbs on a separate cart that still includes Rev 1 and would be $60

I admit I'll get it if only because I have yet to play MM10. Still, no Rock World games, Rockman Board, Battle and Chase, Soccer, Challenger from the Future, Wily Wars (Tower specifically) Power Fighters 1+2 or & Bass?

I don't expect ALL of them but at least one or two would have been nice...maybe Legacy 3?

Use 64GB cart and some compression if possible to fit BOTH Rev 1 and 2 on a single cart. Easy.

>Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack on Switch has BOTH games on one cart and devs need to follow suit like with Gunvolt.
They also upped the text and art assets to HD quality, made it 60fps and a bunch of other stuff, all in 3GB. Capcom was apparently too cheap to use anything more than the 1GB cart.

>Use Something that isn't out yet
Good idea user
Though to give you credit they wouldn't need compression but the price of 32gb cart games isn't cheap either since Dragon Quest Heroes 1 and 2 was more then 60 in Japan

>Capcom was apparently too cheap to use anything more than the 1GB cart.

How are those 1GB still fucking relevant? Weren't those completely phased out years ago? Smallest SD card I have is a 4GB one for my camera.

It makes sense for really small indie games from devs without much money who want to produce a physical run of their game. It stops making sense when one of the biggest game publishers in the world uses it to go full jew on a bunch of roms that take very little space.

>fuccbois.
Fuck off Cody, your site is indian tech support tier.

Why are they deliberately avoiding putting the Legends games into a collection?

Hell Resident Evil 2 on N64 was compressed and fit everything on a N64 cart. That was impressive back then and devs today can't do that kind of wizardry.

>being this fucking stupid

>MMLC2 is a download code
>when the combined size of both games is like 6 GB

jesus fuck capcom

Both would've easily fit on a 8GB cart with no problem and 8GB doesn't cost much either.

Ebin

This

They already did, on fucking PSP. Like that does anyone any good.

>can play all Classic series games whenever I travel

About time.

>64GB cart
Being proprietary carts of nintendo, they'd hike the price up as you increase the size

>compression
Going to take a hit somewhere using this. Could be graphics, fps, or loading time. And as you said, it may not even be possible.

I guess your plan works if you don't mind pulling a Sega and setting your money on fire.

>Being proprietary carts of nintendo, they'd hike the price up as you increase the size

Nintendo's problem right there. They love to inflate prices of their shit for no reason.

Daily reminder that the best mobile Megaman experience are the Nip PSX ports available ONLY on PS Vita.

Please explain in what world you get more for less? Even basic harddrives go up in price as you double the space. And no fucking company wants to eat the cost.

Now if you're saying nintendo should stop being greedy assholes and just non-proprietary shit then that is a different matter.

I can emulate them right now so you are wrong

>Now if you're saying nintendo should stop being greedy assholes and just non-proprietary shit then that is a different matter.

Well they are. Theres even Samsung Nintendo Switch branded SD cards that costs more than a regular Samsung SD card even at same memory sizes.

Samsung SD card at 256GB is about $150 last time I checked while the Samsung Nintendo Sitch Brand 256GB SD card costs $200+. I'm not even fucking joking, look it up. Just get the non-Sintendo Switch branded SD cards where its cheaper and getting the same amount of storage.

Devs can't feasibly compress shit nowadays b/c the shitty obsolete tablet CPUs used in consoles are too weak deal with even simple compression methods while still running a game, that and a standard Blu-ray disc can hold more than enough data for your game.

I'm kind of okay with the second collection being a download because I always wanted to have 9 and 10 quickly accessible on a handheld. Also, 20% discount from Amazon or Best Buy makes it cheaper than buying them from the eShop.

Branding SD cards like that is stupid but it's also not an issue for the consumers since you don't have to get those.

What makes me laugh is the second collection is the bigger one too.

The Nintendo brand microSD cards are SanDisk, and they only sell 64 and 128GB ones. They are overpriced though.

The thing about SD cards is that they're generally known for being slow as shit. SD cards are so slow a 2X speed CD drive seems blazing fast in comparison.

I was going to buy them digitally anyway, so who gives a shit.

Prices on games in Japan are arbitrary as fuck, there isn't a standard "$60" price. Xenoblade 2, for some reason, is 8,619円. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 is 7,344円. Splatoon 2 is 6,458円. Disgaea 5 is 7,538円.

It's a fucking crapshoot.

DOOM isn't a fair comparison, the game on PC/Consoles is 66GB, 2GB larger than the largest switch carts that still aren't available to publishers yet, the limit is still 32GB right now. Not to mention that unlike every other example of this, the DOOM MP is downloadable on any and all copies, there's no code to redeem, you just put the cartridge in, so used buyers still get the full game. The pub literally didn't have a choice and they did it the most pro-consumer way they could without spending extra on a second cartridge.