4 fucking hours of gameplay? Are you kidding me?

Other urls found in this thread:

howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=22906
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is this called Biohazard Resident Evil in Japan?

Yes it is

Remember when game sequels used to happen every year and now it's every 3-5 years? I miss those days

"Return to its roots"

If you run through the game, but it has a ton of replay value.

user...

>Trumpfag hillbillies

Nobody mentioned Trump, and this is a video game board, so where did this even come from?

>but it has a ton of replay value.

no it doesn't

>playing walking sims

>

REmake = RE7 > RE4 = RE2 > RE3 > RE5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RE6
Prove me wrong

Yes it does.

>No 0 on the list but 5 and 6 are.

Never played 0.

I'm sad that it's so short. I love the game's structure. It's like someone who's seen a shitton of horror movies sat down and pasted it to the classic Resident Evil formula.

Aren't all the main Resident Evils designed so that people could run through them really quickly?

I would put 2 and 3 above 4, 7 equal to 4, and CV just after that.

Really? You're not shit posting? Is the DLC good at least?

remember when resident evil was good? oh wait...what is this 7? oh right...shit

Sure if you already know all the puzzles, where to go, etc. Then it's short. Blind it's a 10+hour game.

Resident Evil 7 was a true horror experience. Better than the other games on the franchise. It was cheap on the Playstation Store.

if 7's that short then i'm fuckin impressed

7 is roughly shorter blind due to easier puzzles.

Oh you nailed the horror experience no doubt the rest is shit

>REmake is a 10+ hour game
maybe if you're incompetent, yes. if you're not, then it's as long as any classic formula game (aka 4-6 hours)

Just booted up my pirated copy. I was at 8 hour 22 minutes before the last bit of the game

>they mirrored the spiders
>redfield looks like doomguy

t. Seven Dollar Sanchez

he's cherrypicking times.
it's average completion time for the main game is fairly equal to the early games.
DLC is a mixed bag. most of them are fairly short and the longer ones are pretty damn hard.

howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=22906

hm?

>Better than the other games on the franchise
not at all, it was still a good game, and leagues better than anything put out carrying the RE name in a while.

What did you want 16 hours of good gameplay? Can't have that in an RE game that's "true to its roots and the genre"

>Has less gameplay than your typical call of duty game
impressive

>Better than the other games on the franchise
PFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA wow really nigga? i smell shit taste mouth breather.

woah, I guess RE7 is only a hour and a half shorter then. still, 9 hours is a pretty solid game

Does 7 even have unlockable costumes?

I don't think so, but they're adding/added 3rd person mode. maybe that's coming with it or is already in the pipeline.

>unlockable costumes
>First person game

Cry of Fear (as shit as it was) has unlockable costumes though, and it's a first person game.

>but they're adding/added 3rd person mode.

Source?

couldn't you toggle between 1st and 3rd?

>not being 3rd person at launch
-100/20 no 3rd no buy/disgrace of RE

no, except for cutscenes since most of them were always in 3rd person. changing the costume would change both your cutscene appearance and the appearance of your hands/sleeves, so it was still noticable in a first person view.

My first playthrough was 11

>disgrace of RE

No user that's RE5 and 6

nm my bad, I was mistaken. wish it were true though.
mixed it up with TW2 adding an option to go from 3rd to 1st.

That's because developers are going full Gamefreak and intentionally withholding material to sell it as a new game/sequel.

TEW2*
fuck I need some sleep.

>4 fucking hours of gameplay? Are you kidding me?
You start with RE4?

and RE4

>and intentionally withholding material to sell it as a new game/sequel.

I'm guessing you have no idea how modern gamedev actually works do you?

>Putting best mercenaries after shit
You're fag

>walking sim
>has combat, resource management and light puzzles
We're just calling anything that has story moments in it a walking sim now, aren't we?

Even if the game isn't short, the map is so extremely small that it will really feel that way even if you spend 20 hours on the first playthrough

And RE3

>Implying 7 has 4 hours of gameplay

It has barely 2. The other 2 hours are unskipable cutscenes.

And RE2

That's because you played like an absolute shitter.

The map in RE 1 is incredibly small and it's one of the greatest games ever

Everytime you die and hit retry the timer doesn't reset, that's probably why you got 9 hours.

>Beating a garbage game in 2 hours makes you a shitter.

The state of nu-Cred Forums.

you are aware that it's the same for REmake, right?

Really? Never knew that.

>resident evi7

Objectively correct

You beat it in 2 hours because you used guides and kept the HUD/reticle on and probably played on easy as well. Speedruns themselves are about 90 minutes while the average is 9 hours. Or you're just lying which is most likely the case.

Do horror games need to be 20 hours long? I'd rather play a great short game than have devs stretch out a game to an arbitrary length. If they can't come up with enough interesting things it'll just get incredibly repetitive and bland.

lol whatever you say

Based

>RE4=RE2
>RE7
>RE3 that low
>no CV

into the trash it goes

He's right though, it doesnt have any replay value. If you like the story alot then sure go replay it, but there isnt any newgame+ options except that pistol you get.

Compared to previous RE games, 7 's replay value is exceedingly poor.

Resident Evil 1 and 3 could easily be completed in under 4 hours on the first try if you're a competent adult.

Wasnt even scary.
Scary if your a pansy maybe, but i 100%'d the game and i was never truly scared, spooked maybe but scared, never.

maybe not newgame+, but madhouse?

Fuck all you niggers 7 was fucking masterful.

Just beat this game. Is the DLC worth playing?

ehh.....i guess if you like a challenge then sure, but other than the game being harder, all that you get is infinite ammo option, not all that interesting desu

Yes. End of Zoe is brilliant.

Not a hero or whatever it was called was okay i suppose, its free so all that your wasting is your time.

No it's not just harder. Enemy placement changes, items placement changes, among other things. What does the old RE games including REmake offer in terms of replayibility anyway? They were more or less like 7.

It was really interesting and I found it kinda scary (I do get easily scared though). Then I got to the tanker and honestly the game just took a huge turn and turned into shit. It was a race to the finish after that.

How could you go from the incredibly interesting house environment and then phone it in the last couple hours with that shit.

madhouse is a lot more than just enemies hitting you harder like the next-up difficulty setting in most games, user

As long as RE5 and RE6 are dead last you are correct.

Just because the enemies and items are in different places doesnt mean im gonna want to play the game again. From what ive read, all that the completion of madhouse adds is Infinite Ammo. I guess if you want achievements then you can go get them but i dont really care at all.

And the previous resident evils atleast gave you new outfits and weapons, thats more interesting than "we moved this enemy over here instead of being over there."

>there isnt any newgame+ options except that pistol you get.
keep talking out your ass. there's a harder mode that changes weapon/item spawn and enemy spawn locations.

>enemies and items are moved to different places
>wants to play the game again

Am i the only one who doesnt fall for this meme?