This is the greatest Zelda game ever made, without question

This is the greatest Zelda game ever made, without question.

It's eerie atmosphere, theme of impending doom, and sense of sadness/grief have created a feeling inside me that no game has ever been able to match.

Debate

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9UO_KIjxyN0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Your opinion is valid, even if I don't entirely agree with it.

>this game would not exist if it was for the culture of the 90s

It's my favorite, but it needs OOT to be great. Without it, MM loses the offsetting familiarity, where you feel around friends yet don't fit in anywhere. Link would lose his backstory, gorons living in snow wouldn't be funny, masks would lose their deeper almost philosophical meanings, it just wouldn't be as good.

quickly cobbled together using pre existing assets. truly the prototype of terrible cash grab dlc

I prefer aLttP.

It probably has more to do with your age when each game was released.

The N64 Zelda's always looked so ugly to me. They should have waited a generation to attempt 3D.

Agreed OP but I kinda see OoT and MM as two parts of a whole with both being equally as good. OoT has better pacing but MM makes up for that in other aspects.

Wouldn't call it the absolute best, but it's one of the top 3.

I like the "compressed" world, but there's not enough of it. Really hoping there's a MM inspired game after BOTW. Maybe with an in game 30 day cycle. A slightly smaller map compared to BOTW, but with many more locations would be amazing.

>It's eerie atmosphere, theme of impending doom, and sense of sadness/grief have created a feeling inside me that no game has ever been able to match.
*because of nostalgia and the fact that it was the first "creepy" game you ever played and that the n64 was your first console

MMfags are even more delusional than Sunshinefags

It improves upon OOT in a lot of ways but it also adds a lot more of the shit that was obnoxious in OOT. I still love it though.

what are other games as mysterious and eerie as MM? Been looking to satisfy the itch for a while

>It probably has more to do with your age when each game was released.

I'm tired of hearing this ALttP was my first Zelda and I don't find it to be even the best 2D Zelda. People just have different preferences.

>The N64 Zelda's always looked so ugly to me.
Maybe you'll find the 3DS remakes to be more of your liking.

I do love old games, but everything on n64/ps1 looks like absolute garbage I just can't stand anymore. You may have the nostalgia bonus, but all the early 3D games look like someone puked all over my screen while 2D stands strong to this day

the groundhogs day concept is really cool and adds a uniqueness that no other game has. that's the main appeal for me.

Fuck you

I have both, and they're an improvement. I'm just not that into the 3D quest games in general. But fuck it. I'm old. Get off of my lawn.

Any other games that rely on groundhog day time loops?

I prefer Ocarina of Time.
MM is pretty good, but I dislike being in a time constraint. I enjoy looking into each corner, exploring absolutely everything and fucking around. MM puts you on a "pace". and even with the SoT played backwards, you're always on a schedule to go do shit.
transforming was the greatest thing though.

Patrician taste OP. My favorite Zelda game for all of the reasons you listed as well.

I could just never get in to the 64 Zelda, 20fps is just awful.

Both have amazing games though

Majora's Mask wasn't the first creepy game I've ever played, nor was the N64 my first console. Nice try fuckface

OP only likes it because link is a shota

>Projecting this hard

Kys faggot

So gameplay doesnt matter at all to you? Because all I see mentioned are highly subjective things like the atmosphere and the story.

Get this coolhead outta here

It's far and away my favorite, but I can see how some people are just turned off to it. Maybe not even with the time limit, but the shenanigans between temples can sometimes be annoying. I can't replay it because of the fucking zora eggs.

Wasn't this shit made in less than a year or do I have that wrong?

Gameplay definitely matters, but even if you think they play shitty, you have to figure that at its time, Oot and MM were groundbreaking innovations. The fact that these games are still heralded as masterpieces today is both a combination of their stories and ease of gameplay, imo

I think the beauty of it is that it shows the nature of humans, weak and strong. The weak pretend not to notice the moon, choosing to live in ignorance as it looms directly overhead. The strong instead accept this fate, and choose to either cling to what's important to them (Kafka and Anju), and others choose simply to go out on their own terms (the bar). It's an incredibly bleak game, but the moments of catharsis - fighting in the face of adversity, overcoming grief - is why it's my favorite game. It highlights the fighting spirit in people when faced with impossible odds. It's the same reason I love Persona 3. In the face of certain death, they chose to fight and die on their terms. That's far more inspiring than any happy go lucky, feel good story that could ever come out

I think it's just kind of a given. The N64 Zeldas codified a lot of what modern action games would turn towards.

Worded beautifully, my friend

no one strong clings to anything

wait doesn't MM have the best gameplay and the most innovative? Nothing they've come close to the mask ideas from 18 years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=9UO_KIjxyN0

The game is ugly. Egoraptor went on about it in the latest Game Grumps series.

It's ugly as sin. Shit art direction, textures, polygons, SHIT! It will never be considered art.

yeah he's pretty dead on with his review, it aged like milk and has terrible controls

>Egoraptor
>Relevant

Pick one
Who gives a fuck what this dude thinks

It was made in 6-12 months iirc. That's part of why they made the three day loop - let them cut down on dev time spent on new areas and the like. The rest was built around it

Appreciate it, user

There's more to strength than just being able to make it alone, user

Egoraptor can fuck right off with his terrible opinions for all I care.

I think the game is okay. It's pretty heavily flawed, but in many ways that alot of N64 games were.As someone who was spoiled with PC gaming, I can't go back and play it at 20 FPS anymore, but I can appreciate alot of what it did in its hayday. I'm not sure if I'm in the minority here, but I actually liked the day/night/3 day system. It really made me feel invigorated when I wanted to minmax my travel through time, always making appointments just at the nick of time, and fitting as much into a single segment as I could. I guess I also liked that the game evolved in a way as you played through. Every day wasn't just a carbon copy of the previous one. Each one had its own unique rituals and NPCs performing their daily actions, actions you could affect retroactively. Like how you can choose whether to foil the robbery in North Clock town. You actually get the opportunity to get cool prizes from either choice. Letting the lady get robbed nets you the all night mask, while saving her nets you the bomb mask and bigger bomb bag. That's very innovative in an industry where karma systems suck and the incentives are one sided.

How do you debate an opinion, you tit?

“No user, you’re wrong. You actually didn’t enjoy it as much as you say you did.”

what the fuck is the context for that gif? Is that recent?

Absolute scum of the Earth.

>Egoraptor
*INHALES*

>terrible controls

Only if you’re shit at video gam-

Ohhhhhh

It was more of a statement than an opinion

>sense of sadness/grief have created a feeling inside me

Once he referenced himself there’s not much to debate per se.

This is indisputable fact.

>if someone likes something old more than I do, it's because of nostalgia
>if someone likes something more than me it must be due to shallow reasons
You must be 18+ to post here.

Because Arin is such a good artist himself. Dudes fucking spastic user and has no idea what he's talking about, ever. I think you're clever enough to make your own mind up about these things

>they originally wanted a longer time loop but went with 3 days instead because any longer would present a bunch of problems than just technical
Would've liked to see how that would turn out.

Gameplay and how effective/fun it is is highly subjective too. Almost literally every aspect about games is subjective.

my lels are in top orbit
a mediocre game in a series filled with adequate games

>opinions based solely on another persons opinions

>this game looks like shit and this opinion is validated not by any in-depth descriptions or explanations but instead the opinion of a spastic e-celeb
wtf i hate mm now

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little fucking bitch?

Who made this? I want them to personally know that they've wasted their time on a meaningless infographic that has no point and if it did, wouldn't prove it in any way.

You don't have to be a chef to show an apple is rotten

It is. Under a game design perspective, it's a perfect game.

It has flaws of course, and most of them are about the gameplay aspects or fine-tuning everything (minigames that require aiming are hideous), but overall it is the best entry in the franchise.