Why is WoW so fucking empty now?

>have an urge to play WoW again
>get right back into it
>use the dungeon finder and look for a group for a random dungeon (i assume people do this more than specific ones)
>average wait time: 30 minutes

what the fuck? It really takes 30 minutes to get a group of FIVE people?...What the fuck happened? Where are all of the fucking players doing dungeons?

it's a stale MMO that has been out for well over 10 years, who would have guessed people would move on?!

>dps queue

but its still the most popular MMO...its just mindblowing to me it takes so long to gather such few players for a random dungeon

and it was sad, i tried selecting some specific ones and there wasnt even an average wait time. you would probably have to wait forever

Game doesn't breed community shit anymore because everything is automated. People sit afk somewhere and avoid people in between queues and raids.

And we aren't 13 anymore

I thought the game got a urge of popularity because autists like having to grind years just to get to max level and brag about it

make 2018 with no one there

>but its still the most popular MMO.
Not that big of an achievement nowadays. MMO's are dead. Both creatively and population-wise

>hurr durr why doesn't anyone play this garbage game

1. what level are you
2. most people running dungeons are only doing m+ because there's no reason to still run the rest anymore

>Why is it empty?
Because all expansion after Wotlk ruined it?

There's literally no reason not to queue as tank unless you're playing a shit class that doesn't have a tanking spec.

Don't queue as DPS.

>What the fuck happened?

insta warp to dungeon dungeon que killed mmos

level 77, trying to gain the last few levels to leave northrend and doing cataclysm quests

Yeah that can be rough, been a long time since I leveled, but sub-max-level queues are going to be a crapshoot for how long they can take as many people will just tunnel quests instead of bother with dungeons, it generally depends on which is actually going to level you faster. At one point I know that grinding dungeons was definitely faster, but I have no idea now.

Most people are questing cause dungeons were slow until this last hotfix

>Play WoW because its basically the only game that works well on Linux through Wine

>Linux has thousands of native games, and Wine on AMD can run practically any Windows game short of Windows 10 D3D12 games.

Grinding dungeons is still outrageously faster than quests. When you are rested simply killing the enemies in dungeons gets you more XP than several quests combined, and then finishing the dungeons gets you tons of XP too. Leveling by just questing would take an incredibly long time.

instancing of everything always kills MMOs. MMOs in general I am pretty sure are on the way out.

i want to fuck widow and mercy

>soo long to gather people for random dungeons
lmao you couldn't be more wrong. Anything but Mythic+ is a joke nowadays for 5 mans soo queues are stupid quick.

based hots team

I didn't even know that people mainly quest. I thought ever since like level 30 people mostly just did dungeons.

I actually know the girl to the left of the "suns out guns out" shirt.
She's ditzy as shit and does community manager work for the hots team.
Used to play WoW with her, she was the type that got carried in 3s by some turbo virgins.

MMORPGs are terrible, anyway, and always have been. Theme parks without any repercussions that completely rely on other people to function don't make good video games.

>she was the type that got carried in 3s by some turbo virgins
Imagine that.

>t. someone who has never played a good MMO before

>dps queue below max level
lucky if it only takes 30 minutes
>that image
of course older content is going to be empty.
go to the current expansion's hub city

walking around the big cities is really eerie now. there is like no one in them. its weird as fuck going to the really large, grand, highly-worked on cities in northrend or outland and fucking no one is in them. it's like they've been abadoned.

There are none. They all rely on a mechanic that's fundamentally flawed, and that's community involvement. Otherwise, the games are always shallow grindfests to "get to the good stuff", which always makes me laugh. Why not just start there?

Nice post. You sound like a faggot.

You do realize, in company photos like this, a lot of those people had nothing to do with the developing of the game. They could be in customer care or marketing or finance or a host of other departments. Companies as big as blizzard aren't just game devs you retards.

MMOs are a completely obsolete genre. The only reason they were even played en masse is because it was the only choice players had for online play beyond RTS. Now almoat all games have online functionality so MMOs have nothing to offer.

So make some friends, or get your friends to play with you.

>because it was the only choice players had for online play beyond RTS
That is just plain wrong, if you were still wearing diapers when MMOs came out that's fine but don't act like you know shit about gaming.

Tell us user, which ones in the photo do you think had nothing to do with development.
Answer carefully now

it had a popularity urge but it was never fulfilled

>Why not just start there?
I've honestly wondered that myself. I would have gotten a lot more enjoyment out of the PVP aspect of WoW if they'd turned the gear system around. Given you the literal best PVP gear to start with, and all the reward gear for doing well actually has lower stats.

Kys

>Queue as a dps in Wrath
>The peak number of players WoW has ever had
>Dps queues take 30 minutes
wtf was WoW dead 9 years ago too?

Yep. Dead since burning crusade as far as I'm concerned.

Nobody wants to play tab targeting combat bullshit that costs $15 a month and looks like a PS2 game. MMO's are fucking trash for neckbeards who love monotonous, tedious bullshit.

>people aren't levelling anymore except for allied races
>pre expansion lull with Battle for Azeroth coming in July/August and the pre patch coming in June/July and the buildup story events continuing from end of Feb-late April.
>different timezones and times of day meaning different groups of players of certain age ranges come on.
>server populations vary wildly. Some are massive and player saturated others are ghost towns
>You're queuing as DPS the most common player type. So expect long times.
>People leave. There's not many vanilla/TBC players still around.
>People don't play every day like they used to.
>7.3.5 has brought level scaling to the entire world and dungeons are also affected, Dungeons are slower than they were pre 7.3.5 so queues are automatically extended.
Also that picture is useless as a population sample considering Ironforge in 2005 was the only place that had AH, I literally see more people than that standing at the AH in Stormwind on my server at any given time, literally 4-5x that number that my FPS drops from 120 to low 50's. Nowadays the main hubs are Dalaran(Legion) and Stormwind/Orgrimmar.
14 years in November for the US
13 years has just gone in Europe on Feb 11th.

This. As soon as they took away my one button rotation I quit for League. Tryhard faggots killed WoW.

I really don't understand that. I stopped playing wow about 6 months ago but at the time it was 30+ minutes for dungeon queue and 20 minutes for a battleground queue.

I can go load up starcraft 2 and get into a game in seconds of hitting find match. I find it hard to believe that wow is so completely dead

No. There are far better games I can play with my friends that don't require nearly the same time investment just to get to the "good parts". 90% of these games is waiting in line. May as well all go to a theme park.

It's the dogs!

A good MMO puts effort into the whole game, not just end game. The fact you don't know this means you've never played anything but WoW-clone trash.

It's difficult to comprehend how someone can be so stupid they do not understand the difference between queuing for a 1v1 match vs finding 5 different players of 3 different roles, two of the roles being only played by 5% of the population.

That 2012 image...
Is already 6 years old.

Jesus Fuck me.