Which linux distros have you used?

Reply with all your linux distros you've used upto the one you are using right now

Knoppix, Gentoo, Ubuntu, OpenSUSE, Debian and im currently on Fedora

arch debian etc etc

I am trying to like linux again but I just keep getting annoying fuck ups or bad streaming video tearing. I think I'm just a windows person now. Unless I end up enjoying gnome 3

>ubuntu
>linux lite
>mint
>debian
>sailfish
currently on arch

Ubuntu very briefly. Currently on Manjaro, been using it for a while.

Gentoo, Slackware, Arch, Puppy, Mint, Debian.

Now I use bedrock.

>ubuntu 9.10
>arch
>gentoo
currently on arch

>Ubuntu
>Debian
>Kali
>Mint
>Arch (Somehow installation fails. Have yet to figure it out)
>Debian again (this time i tried but failed miserably to install any DE)
>Does MINIX count?
>ElementaryOS (Tried, but i haven't liked it)
>DSL
>Almost tried Antergos, but shitty internet kills installation
>Slackware
>Virtualized OS X, for the hell of it
>Tried ESXi, physical pc os not supported, VM cannot detect network card
Currently using Gentoo because i'm fed up of hopping around distros.
One day, i will attempt LFS.

Ubuntu 09
Mint
Antergos
Kubuntu
OpenSUSE
Manjaro
Xubuntu

Mint
Kali

I broke my linux mint last night trying to use a manjaro live usb

It was also my recovery usb, I erased my recovery usb to make a manjaro live usb.

Not only would manjaro not boot but when I tried to go back to linux mint it sent me to initramfs busybox

so now I could not boot an OS and I could also not use a live USB

I had basically broken my whole computer, what's worse is that it's a laptop and has no cd port so I can not just aquire a live cd

as I worked on the issue furiously for 3 hours into the early morning I continued to come across info that would lead me on a journey of initramfs/busybox commands followed by a suggestion to use a live cd

i became enrage

at approximately 3:30am I lost control of myself and threw my laptop against the wall. Then I went into the closet and sat on the gorund as I loaded my .45 caliber pistol.

As I got up with my gun I fumbled the box of shells spilling them onto the floor. Everything seemed to agitate my already enraged state.

I came back to the living room and unloaded a mixed magazine full of hollow points and fmj into my laptop

>Ubuntu
>Debian
>Arch
>gentoo

currently on windows because of work and laziness to switch all the time

ubuntu, mint, opensuse, fedora, arch

Anyway, anyone else is fucking tired of having Stallman the Autist rammed down the throat every fucking day on Cred Forums?

Ubuntu
Debian
Arch
Ubuntu
Gentoo
#!++
Ubuntu
Funtoo(currently using)

ubuntu
debian
elementary os
fedora
opensuse
arch
alpine
gentoo

As soon as i tried gentoo, I instantly loved it and stopped distro hopping so it's been a long time since I tried any of the others, but I mantain an ubuntu lts install just for the broader proprietary/out of repo software compatibility.

Arch
Debian
Debian derivatives

Ubuntu
Xubuntu
Debian
Mint
Manjaro
Mint

That's what you get from using mint.

Ubuntu
Mint
Open SUSE
Fedora
Arch
Debian
Gentoo
~~~ Got a job ~~~
Xubuntu

arch
xubuntu and ubuntu
debian
gentoo
void
alpine
nixos

>Ubuntu Netbook Remix (years back)
>Ubuntu
>Xubuntu
>Debian
>Fedora
Currently using Fedora on my T420.

What is the point of this thread? What can come out of knowing all the distros other people used in the past besides circle jercking and bragging? This is essentially the same as desktop threads, reported.

Ubuntu 8.04, 10.04, 12.04, 14.04, 14.10, 15.04, 15.10, 16.04 (usually unity , xubuntu or lubuntu)
Debian Wheezy, Jessie (current) with gnome.
Arch for 3 months or so
Fedora 23,24 for 6 months gnome.
Manjaro sometime for a month or two
Gentoo until it compiled KDE
Mandriva linux sometime in the past
Puppy many times for fixing things, great distro.
Tried Mint , Antegros, OpenSUSE but without installing because they seemed not interesting
Also i used Debian testing but somehow went back to stable. Nothing broke or anything like that i just thought i agree with stable philosophy or something.
Overall i think Fedora is the nicest distro for bleeding edge stuff, but i hate the default configuration ,and its official repositories are really small compared to Debian. And using RPMfusion feels as bad as using PPAs because you want some new/unavailable software.

OpenSuSe
Knoppix
Linux Mint
Ubuntu
Xubuntu
Lubuntu
Kubuntu
Debian
Fedora
Arch
Manjaro
Antergos
Kali

I've literally tested every distro.. I liked Arch the most but I still use Wangblows as my main OS.

Slax
Puppy
Arch
Damn Small Linux
Ubuntu 10.x
CrunchBang
Chrome OS
Debian

> CentOS
> RHEL
> SLES
> HP-UX
> Ubuntu

>HP-UX
>Linux

Ubuntu 6.04, 7.04, ... upto and including the first version that had Unity then...

Debian. Been there since.

in roughly chronological order as far as I can remember:
xubuntu
debian
ubuntu
oracle linux
centos
slackware
red hat

don't use linux much anymore since my current server is a SPARC box with Solaris and I prefer BSD for historical autism stuff but I have a few debian/red hat boxes laying around and I want to get back into it

Debian crunchbang ubuntu void

can't remember all of the one's I used but I think this is probably semi-accurate of the order I tried them in.

>slackware
>debian
>ubuntu
>gentoo
>arch
>void
>opensuse
>alpine
>arch

Currently using arch, I distrohopped a lot but have finally settled for arch. It's the closest to thing to an ideal distro for me.

ubuntu elementary mint fedora mint antergos arch manjaro currently on debian best distro yet I'm sticking with this.

>HP-UX
what kind of hardware are you running it on?

kind of been wanting to get a nice hppa/ia64 system for a while if I can find one cheap enough

>Chrome OS
do you mean chromium or cub?

>Ubuntu
>Mint
>Fedora
>Arch

Probably going to stick with arch as I haven't had any major problems yet. Might switch to debian if it becomes a hassle to maintain in the future.

> ubuntu
> lubuntu
> xubuntu
> debian
> fedora electronics spin
> arch
> trisquel
> manjaro
not necessarily in that order

I mean Chrome OS, as in the beta builds on the Cr-48 back when it was Ubuntu based. I basically only used it for web browsing and ssh so once I got Firefox installed it wasn't too bad.

Ubuntu/Xubuntu
Mint
Debian
OpenSUSE
Antergos
Arch
Gentoo (Only in a VM though)
Fedora

Running Windows 7 now because of hardware incompatibilities on Linux until i get a new computer.

ok.
puppy or #! can't remember which came first
debian
fedora
xubuntu
lubuntu
minibian
arch
gentoo
and back to arch

Desktop:
Ubuntu
Debian
Mint
Arch < Current distro

Sever:
Debian
Arch
CentOS
Debian again
Ubuntu < Current distro

Ubuntu has been by far the most stable distro so far, currently no plans on switching right now.
Maybe I'll install Debian or Ubuntu on my desktop in the near future, I don't feel like fiddling for an hour to install a basic lamp stack anymore.

Ubuntu, Elementary, Fedora, Manjaro, Arch.
Arch because I like pacman the best.

that sucks man hope u get it in lad

Forgot Antergos and manjaro before arch.

Debian, Ubuntu, Centos.

Those are the 3 distributions that I test applications on. The rest I don't give a shit.

on my machines:
ubuntu, mint

been using linux full time for 5 years, don't see a reason to distro hop. using a distro like arch or gentoo doesn't make you "good at linux". and i'd rather have a working system first, then tune it to my needs later.

i have tried other distros, arch, debian, etc in virtualbox tho.

>using bedrock
>not even listen on DW
>So obscure and promising.
Must fight urge to install.
I lost. Also the game.

I've tried a bunch, but as for actual use:

Ubuntu
Xubuntu
Fedora
OpenSUSE
Linux Mint
... (time gap, of not using Linux at all)
Arch

Mandrake
RedHat
Slackware
Debian since 2001.

i'll bite
>Ubuntu (when it was 9.04)
>Mint
>#!
Now I use Arch and i have an old piece of shit laptop that can't use x86_64 or i686 so I just run bunsen labs on it

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>Ubuntu
>Kali
>Debian
>Arch
Currently on arch

Mint
Ubuntu
Debian (Didn't install it, it was trash)
OpenSUSE
LMDE
Manjaro
Netrunner
Antergos
Arch
Sabayon
Fedora
Korora
Elementary OS

In chronological order:
>Gentoo
>Arch
>Gentoo
>Funtoo
>Arch
>Exherbo

Ubuntu in desktop and server flavors, rhel5,7, centos7, arch, fedora, rasbian, galliumos. In no particular order.

All of them.
They're all shit with the possible exception of Slack.

not counting ones i've just played around with, ones i've actually used: debian, slackware, ubuntu, arch, fedora, centos, scientific linux, zipslack, slax, mint, xubuntu, ubuntu mate, ubuntu studio, maybe more, i'm old, i forget stuff, currently on fedora and playing with void

>Ubuntu: 2009-2010
>Debian: 2011-2012
>Ubuntu: 2012
>CrunchBang: 2012-2014
>Fedora: 2014-2015
>Manjaro: 2015
>Arch: 2015
>Fedora: 2015-Present

I've found that Fedora does the best for what suits my needs, especially with package management.

>end up enjoying gnome 3
Me. Immediately upon first Debian install.

>Debian
First one I installed, had no idea what anything was and immediately installed....

>Mint
Seemed fine, stopped using it because of there whole security thing.

>Xubuntu
Screen tearing.

>Ubuntu
Still using it now, no problems here.

I can't remember the exact order. But I started with mint and have also used debian, fedora, arch, ubuntu, and even gentoo. Now I'm on slackware and don't think I'm going to be changing anytime soon.

Various early versions of Slackware
older versions of Debian
Fedora Core 4
very early Ubuntu
SLES 9
Not using any linux distros now

Ubuntu, Debian, Linux Mint, Gentoo

Currently using Gentoo.

heil?

i used to love Slackware, until about 14, and switched to Salix which is basically a Slackware clone for the lazy, used Debian for a while until SystemD made it in to Debian with Jessie, now a been using AntiX which is a Non-systemD clone of Debian,

i could use either AntiX or Salix and be equally comfortable using them

Ubuntu,mint,kali,fedora,Fedora Core 4,elementary,wattOS,deepin
Deepin is perfect for me,not getting any screen tearing issues,had the headphone hissing noise issue,managed to find a way around it.

ubuntu, mint, arch, gentoo, slackware, OpenBSD

> video tearing

That's X Windows cancer. Wayland has been functional for over a year and now has some decent window managers ported to it.

very early version of slackware, redhat up until shrike (8 I think?), knoppix, fedora, openSUSE, ubuntu, mint and whatever that scriptkiddie one is with the dragon. currently debian stable

Ubuntu
Mint
Arch
Xubuntu
Fedora
Lubuntu

DSL
Ubuntu
CentOS
Arch