Are they too powerful?

Are they too powerful?

Other urls found in this thread:

theregister.co.uk/2016/09/12/turn_off_location_services_go_ahead_says_google_well_still_track_you/
stallman.org/amazon.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

any corporation that big, that does what it wants likely cant be trusted.

simply because of the profit motive, im not trying to say that corporations are evil

Yes

>>/biz/

No delete this

it's der Goy or die Goyim.. Goyim is the plural form you retard

are you implying that a company with the slogan "dont be evil", maybe is evil after all?

It doesn't really matter if they are or not. I doubt you would remember the split of AT&T corp into the various Bell companies decades ago wherein they had such a monopoly over all phone services and the supply chain the government forced them to split apart.

However, in the grand scheme of things, AT&T corp that was left over inevitably merged back into many of these spin-off companies becoming AT&T Inc and now are effectively in the same position they were before.

Google didn't want to go through that hassle and so they invented Alphabet to spin off pieces of themselves without really losing any control when they feel something might start tripping anti-trust flags.

Google, it seems, is very, very interested in knowing where you are at all times. Users have reported battery life issues with the latest Android build, with many pointing the finger at Google Play -- Google's app store -- and its persistent, almost obsessive need to check where you are. Amid complaints that Google Play is always switching on GPS, it appears Google has made it impossible to prevent the app store from tracking your whereabouts unless you completely kill off location tracking for all applications. You can try to deny Google Play access to your handheld's location by opening the Settings app and digging through Apps -> Google Play Store -> Permissions, and flipping the switch for "location." But you'll be told you can't just shut out Google Play services: you have to switch off location services for all apps if you want to block the store from knowing your whereabouts. It's all or nothing, which isn't particularly nice. This is because Google Play services pass on your location to installed apps via an API. The store also sends your whereabouts to Google to process. Google doesn't want you to turn this off.

theregister.co.uk/2016/09/12/turn_off_location_services_go_ahead_says_google_well_still_track_you/

Bigger threat. They probably know as much about you as Google does. But everyone gives Amazon a pass because they get boxes of stuff in the mail from them, (which they paid for of course.)

hmm.. makes me think twice about this chromebook?

>samsung is more powerful

but most samsung products use google.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

They got rid of this last year-most likely out of guilt

afaiu, samsung is a conglomerate, not a single company. also, they not only profit from software and data (in fact, they are mostly a hardware company), unlike google. and that's the problem... google has too much data about too many people

I like Amazon. They don't seem evil compared to Google.

Something about Amazon seems really nice to me, and bezos seems like a good guy

stallman.org/amazon.html

Not him but,

>not paying taxes

That's a good thing. Having your money stolen by the government and then given to the trash of society who didn't earn it is theft. Last thing anyone wants to do is save the life of criminals, the lazy, the welfare queens, the degenerates, the smokers and alcoholics that get cancer and then feel entitled to be saved through taxes, and to save shit tier cities that can't be ass to fix their own cities problems deserves to burn.

They're harmful to competition for sure. But I don't think they're too powerful since Microsoft and Apple still make regular pot shots at them.

everything is going according to the lizard's will

Yes

I stopped using all their products last year with the exception of allowing captcha for Cred Forums

I guess amazon should lay their own roads for their shipment to travel on

They're already using drones so...

Whether or not you agree with taxes companies should still pay them

>A friend once asked me to watch a video with her that she was going to display on her computer using Netflix. I declined, saying that Netflix was such a threat to freedom that I felt uncomfortable with promoting its use in this way.

How can you take anything this guy says seriously

And you have to admit Amazon is 100x better than Google