*** Official Cred Forums Friendly Forth Forth Thread ***

*** Official Cred Forums Friendly Forth Forth Thread ***

Non autisitcs welcome

Official forth song: youtube.com/watch?v=6g4dkBF5anU
Official forth waifu: Rei Ayanami

I spent alot of time thinking about how to program in a more lazy way and here it is:
forth.com/starting-forth/
repl.it/languages/forth
>This shit is easy as fuck to learn
>This shit is fast as fuck
>This shit can run on any computer, even old computers from the 1980's. You can get it down to less than a kilobyte.
This is some zen monk shit I pulled from the mountains, ok. Don't ask me how I found out about it. Just learn this shit and you will master a computer very quickly.
Google is your friend
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/?nick=newuser|?#forth
That link right up there ^ is the chatroom. These are some old dudes with beards. Just ask them shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

eecs.wsu.edu/~hauser/teaching/Arch-F07/handouts/jonesforth.s.txt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

install gentoo

dup drop loop swap

I cam for a hot rei and there was none what a letdown

Very interested, thanks for the irc link.

TOILET THREAD
JUST LIKE YOUR WAIFU
REI A SHIT AND LITERALLY A TOILET
asuka a best GIRL

you needa do you dingus

SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH YOU GODDAMN COMMUNIST YOU ARE THE REASON WHY WE DONT HAVE THE LINUX DESKTOP YOU ABSOLUTE TRASH REI IS CLEARLY THE BEST WAIFU

I love forth

What is forth

BOTH REI AND ASUKA ARE WAIFUS YOU COCKSUCKERS RESPECT THEM

LISPfag back again, never had my questions answered in the last thread

why forth vs lisp or assembly?

what are some cool examples of programs, papers, or libraries where forth is explicitly necessary, beneficial, or changes the way you think about programming?

It's been scientifically PROVEN BEYOND SHADOW OF A DOUBT THAT SNAEK IS BEST GIRL

p..please senpai I don't wanna be chocked to death while sexing

Son, there are things a man must endure, when he has the GREATEST WAIFU to ever hit the manga.

being choked while sexting is the least of these. some men would die to have their waifu choke them while sexting. some men, if you can call such sad, empty husks, have no waifu at all.

suck it up buttercup.

I...I will endure the choking, senpai!

you, and your trips have brought great honor to our clan kohai.

what is forth

I dont get it

arigato senpai ;___;

It looks like modern Fortran

Not OP, but Forth is a very low level language, even though its an interpreted language, it does not run on a VM, it is very easy to implement a Forth interpreter in a few hundred lines of code that will run directly on hardware and will manipulate hardware directly. This is why it is still used in electronics testing. It is very lispy, almost all the syntax is functions, so it is sort of a functional language except you have to manage return function arguments and return values on a stack. This is the main reason that Forth is not commonly used anymore is because this juggling of stack values gets tedious. Forth would have been the perfect shell language for personal computers in the 70s and 80s, you can thank Bill Gates for polluting the personal computer world with his shitty BASIC interpreters.

This is a really good tutorial on how to build a Forth compiler in x86 assembly. The tutorial itself can be compiled into a Forth Compiler as the tutorial text is written as comments in the source code
eecs.wsu.edu/~hauser/teaching/Arch-F07/handouts/jonesforth.s.txt

forth is bad

>push
>pop
>push
>pop

Is stack big enough to handle all these operations?

you can do it if you try hard and understand polish notation

I understand Polish notation, but I don't know how it relates to the stack.
I remember stack being like... 64 bytes?
It too little!

it depends on what your forth is bootstrapped on top of. If it is on raw assembler then sure it might have some constraints, but there are also c forths. Or what you can do is write a very simple forth that uses those basic low level stacks and build another forth right on top of that that abstracts it from you or even makes it purely functional. From something written in such a low level way a small amount of bootstrapping means nothing.

>Or what you can do is write a very simple forth that uses those basic low level stacks and build another forth
Just like a meme, really.
>or even makes it purely functional
Does it relate to functional programming?

I've heard people talk about really tall bases to purely functional virtual machines. THere is one famous one called SECD and another one called krivine. I think lisp uses one too.

hax