After 4 yeara, I've decided I am moving from Arch to Ubuntu. What is the best version of Ubuntu...

After 4 yeara, I've decided I am moving from Arch to Ubuntu. What is the best version of Ubuntu, with the least amount of bloatware? I do most of the stuff in the terminal anyway.

I noticed that apt is faster than pacman, it just doesn't have the initial lag. Also, I don't have much free time to fuck around in Arch anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

fusion809.github.io/comparison-of-package-managers/#toc27
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>I noticed that apt is faster than pacman
Nice try
fusion809.github.io/comparison-of-package-managers/#toc27

Get minimal and add everything yourself if can get the internet in GUI it's easy as fuck or just get xubuntu.

*Cli

OK, so then it's my fault I guess. but pacman has 1-2 second lag before it starts to do stuff, while apt is instantaneous

I'd say Ubuntu or Xubuntu are just fine. Ubuntu MATE works good but I have issues with the panels not always loading correctly with Compiz enabled.

Regular ass ubuntu unless you really like autism, then go minimal with sperg WM of choice.

>best version of Ubuntu
Default, Unity gets the most direct support and time from devs.
>least amount of bloatware
Minimal install, i3

Standard Ubuntu Unity desktop looks like shit, get Xubuntu for a decent enviroment

as this guy said, install ubuntu minimal install

Lubuntu.

Nobody drops Arch for ubuntu. Silly buntushill.

That's true. Only those who actually work would do that. kys NEET

why not mint?

Because i've been a GNU/Linux user for quite some time. Mint would be a massive downgrade for me. Besides, haven't there been news about it being insecure or something?

Are they ever going to come out with an ubuntu rolling release?

I will finally delete OSX if that happens

>What is the best version of Ubuntu, with the least amount of bloatware? I
Debian Sid. Don't worry about it being "unstable", in practice it's no worse than Ubuntu.

That was about how they made unstable updates optional even if they are for the kernel or security

but you can change that setting or just press the checkbox and install them

I wouldn't switch atm. I recently installed Ubuntu minimal 16.04.1 on my desktop. It is way to unstable for a lts dot release. I had problems like the syatem ignoring vm.swappiness parameters and short freezes. Arch is more stable atm so I returned after it. Maybe try with 16.10.

>Are they ever going to come out with an ubuntu rolling release?
If you pretend they also removed all the useless shit, it's called Debian Sid.

>insecure
really, didnt hear, I thought it was just a Cred Forums meme

it seems pretty good, I didnt worried about none of my drivers update... not even the Nvidia 940M video card... I gived my soul as a newb user trying to install it on debian. for my touchpad to.
interface is minimalist and awesome... I used windows 10 before with 4 ram... it was a fking snail. now with mint, my laptop is much faster...

>What is the best version of Ubuntu
Ubuntu

I use them both, Arch is much easier to deal with in the long run, but Ubuntu is great for shit like games and movies.

Why my peenus weenus of course :D