I'm planning on install Manjaro + KDE tonight in my desktop PC tonight and use it as a main distro

I'm planning on install Manjaro + KDE tonight in my desktop PC tonight and use it as a main distro.

I'm making a mistake? Now i'm running:
Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial (Too Much crashes)
DE: Mate 1.41.1
WM: Metacity

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonon_(software)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No you should be okay, Manjaro is just Arch that i think is slightly more stable because the packages don't get updated as fast.

Are you already comfortable with using KDE? Try it out if you haven't done so already.

Don't.

If you want a good, stable desktop distro, go for PCLinuxOS: it has the same goals as Manjaro but the developers actually care about their users. Also no potterware.

Otherwise, install funtoo.

You are fine

Not really a fan of upstream-dependent distros.

>I'm making a mistake?

Yes. Why do you need something as bloated as KDE? There are lighter and fully functional DEs to choose from, or just use a window manager and install your own preferred apps.

And ignore this shitposter -

Spotted the Manjaro shill

ive been using manjaro xfce as my main and its pretty nice

>> 56652838
I tried it only once , with my old PC and I remember it so slow and laggy. Now I have a new PC (i7+16Gb+Good Graphics card you know) and want to give it another chance.

I only have one doubt , in Ubuntu I use Sound Switcher Indicator to switch between my 2 sound cards (speakers and headphones) quickly. I can install it in manjaro with KDE? Or KDE/Manjaro have something similar to do this task?

Thanks
Sorry If my english is bad :(

I heard KDE was unstable in Manjaro compared to XFCE

I see nothing wrong with KDE, if you have a somewhat modern PC.

Is this the sound indicator? It comes with KDE:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phonon_(software)

Your English is very good, by the way

I think he was referring to the bloat more than anything else. Compare installing KDE vs something like dwm/cwm. Most users won't need 90% of the stuff that gets installe with KDE.

Sound Switcher indicator it's a simple indicator that shows an icon in the indicator area in Ubuntu's Panel that allows you to switch the current sound input and output quickly.

But Phonon seems useful too i think

Thank you :D

Fuck off

Manjaro XFCE

>I'm planning on install Manjaro
Why, the devs are fucking stupid. They actually advised people to turn their clocks back just so they could access their "secure" website because they can't figure out how to into HTTPS

If you actually use manjaro don't go to the arch forums they don't care about your problems.

They are so busy fixing his own SO??

Manjaro breaks compatibility or something and the devs are sick of responding to questions about it or something. Manjaro is like arch linux to the arch linux devs