YOU'RE THE NEW IT GUY NOW

and your new boss wants you to fix this shit

what do

Don't know what I'm supposed to fix but to make him happy and think I did something I'd unplug some cables and then plug them back in and tell the boss the previous incompetent idiot had plugged them in wrong, causing electrical infetterence.

>sit in the room for a bit
>close and lock the rack doors
>walk out
>tell him I fixed it

No problem.

fix it

go to the gym, get fit
ain't no way you're gonna fix that shit in any reasonable amount of time without being roided out

Say give me tree fiddy

If I am not hungry, I'd start fixing it

Place an explosive and blow the shit up. When my boss asks what the fuck happened I'll just inform him that "something happened".

Find a reputable contractor that will do it in a short amount of time, get a quote from them, and write a letter to my boss requesting the budget to pay the contractors to do a much better job than I will do, reducing downtime of the servers and ultimately saving the department thousands of dollars.
Then I'd sit on my ass all day while the contractors get on with it.

>t. Ahmed

> imblying if it works there's a broblem xDDDDDDDDDDDDD

kek'd

Why are the racks in a non horizontal axis?

Take out my flash drive with the google ultron installer and plug it in.
Install it and adobe reader and be done for the day.

epic

Assuming my boss isn't an asshole, I'd just start on it while making jokes about how shitty the last IT guy must have been.
Also put in earphones to listen to music.

And look for a new job the day after.

sick reference bro

Well duh. If I get fired for doing the right thing, my boss is an asshole and that job is shit.

All things considered, it looks like they might have done that on purpose for cable management or something.

Fix it and take my time. This is easy fucking work.

or your boss realizes he could have just hired the contractor and that you were wasted money.

Install Acrobat Reader.

dress the fiber in cab 2
shut doors
go on Cred Forums till shift over.

Quit as this clearly isn't the job we discussed on the phone fucko.

Fix what? It's working.

>Power everything off by software.
>Get 2 IT interns
>Tell them to take pictures of how everything is plugged into each individual device.
>Tell them to dissaemble it all
>Show them how to insert 1 of each computer
>Sit back on computer and watch them do it while you tlelling them i'm just fiddling the offsite backup cluster just in case.

This. You'd basically have contracted yourself out of a job, and your boss would blackmark you for being lazy, not doing the job you were hired to do and passing the buck instead of taking responsibility for it.

This is a pretty good idea
upvoted desu

Get to work and fucking fix it. If I need more time I'll just ask. Everyone in this thread is a lazy piece of shit who thinks a job means getting paid just to show up.

Wtf happened?

Something.

Something happened.

fucking kek, this

1.Ask boss what's wrong with it
2.Check connections
3.If 2 doesn't work and boss provides explanation, fix accordingly.

pleas marry me

I dunno, considering you did your boss's job better, I'd say promotions are in order and the boss is out of a job.

He can fuck right off and fix it himself

That image is gore and should be disallowed on a SFW board
>*tips server rack*

>1.identify the problem
>2. Find a theory of possible clauses
>3. Test the possible clauses to find a solution
>4. Verify the solution
>5. Document findings
Dod

>taking responsibility for it
responsibility for what? they fucked it up

Work diligently to organize it properly like I'm supposed to because I'm a good boy.

Take an inventory of run lengths and type, and put in a PO for required cables in 6" increments in the colors I want, and 12 spools of Velcro (2 per rack).

Once the PO comes in, schedule down time, and re-run cables.

Update adobe reader and install Google ultron

Works every time

what the...

>realize it just werks
>tell the boss that hard drives work more effeciently if they are not exactly aligned horizontically to the earth's magnetism
>leave it like that for 10 years

kms

Personally I would love to have this challenge.

Did they just...pile up the servers in the bottom of the cabinets?

Please tell me that it's some crazy cable management system going on, and they didn't just pile the servers into the bottom of the cabinets....

Looks like they're attached on one side but the cabinet is too wide so they're hanging off one side.

>Looks like they're attached on one side but the cabinet is too wide so they're hanging off one side.

Like they were trying to put 19 inch servers into 23 inch cabinets.

I bet that's exactly what happened. No rack ears.

Wow, that is literally painful to look at.

this never seen anything like that and some of the cables seem organized so it's not like the person installing those servers was completely retarded

You build clocks in your spare time?

I want this to be my job, where to start?

Why do they need this much servers anyway?

Tell him I'm from Cred Forums and I'm not actually qualified to do anything tech related let alone venture outside of my autism box,

My nigga.

Reporting for duty!

Just upgraded ma tools. This week.

I'd take a good look at the racks.
Then I'd pull out my phone and open calc and add some numbers.
Then I'd turn to the boss and say:
>No problem. I'm going to need a budget

LMFAO..
I remember that...

Unplug it all and tidy it up. Blame someone else for the downtime.

Damn... that's a fucking mess...
Be about 2 days of work if I don't rush.

Get paid to do fucking nothing, essentially. Nice.

Say:

>Sorry but I'm a DEVELOPER and won't waste my time with pajeet tier work. Now for the outrage of even suggesting that you must pay me 5000$ a year more and apologize or I leave.

gg

Only 90's kids will remember

kek

what anime is this from?

i have no doubt the boss would believe this shit

bokunotanuki

Blame vlans
Go home

>posted from Windows

disgusting

kek'd

non non biyori

What are those tools used for?

Start from left to right fixing the alignment of each AU so they are flat not crooked then tie strap and label all wires by location. 8 hrs later document my progress go home and be pleased I am not a total piece of shit.

Sry meant U not AU I was reading Issac Asimov last night.

Looks like either some lopsided moron racked everything like that because his Igor hump made it look straight, our the racking collapsed on one side.

Either way I grab a partner, put in for lieu time and spend a few weekends re racking, It's not as big a job as it looks desu.

terminating cat6 and coax cables.