iPhone 7: the dream is over

>Some iPhone 7 devices making ‘hissing’ sound while under heavy load

9to5mac.com/2016/09/17/iphone-7-plus-hissing/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GeoUELDgyM4
ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone 7 Plus Teardown/67384#s136500
youtube.com/watch?v=rHGV5YWFU2g
9to5mac.com/2016/09/17/iphone-7-plus-hissing/
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/9/17/12951694/iphone-7-home-button-glove-problem
google.co.jp/search?q=iphone 7 home button
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fucking apple, they removed the audio jack and put in motherfucking snakes.

it's the VTEC kicking in

I KNEW IT. FIRST SNEK COURT, NOW SNEK PHONES. IVE HAD IT.

>the dream is over
It hasn't even started. Holy shit you apple haters are retarded, you never learn.

Hear that Apple fags? That is the sound of the Apple bubble beginning to burst. Muhahaha

at least they aren't exploding like samshit phones

It's not a problem at all. You're just hearing it wrong.

Sent from my iPhone 7

HISSGATE

snekgate pls

>tfw no iSnek in my phone

iPhone and Samsung have the same supplier for battery internals. The countdown has just begun.

>heavy loads
good thing I don't run benchmarks on my fucking phone

[damage control intensifies]

>good thing I keep this baby under 80km/h at all times

remember when no one on Cred Forums cared about samsungs literally causing house fires and burning people so bad they needed fucking surgery? fuck off OP you brandwhore faggot

I do and it still makes noise, haha lambo btfo!!11

>no headphone jack
>to make up for that they introduced hissing noise(tm)

You're listening to it wrong, you need to use the iEarplugs

hey that's my car. u don't have permission to post that. deletnao

We did. Fuck off shill.

>samsungs
You mean Nividias

How long till they start popping?

iOS must be written in Python

They probably already are. But once it becomes public, there will only be 9 cases.

and still no webm support...

Maybe playing webm files caused the phone to explode during QA testing, so they have never added webm support because of that.

nobody uses webm

(warning: do not view)

underrated post

kek

the content of that webm is such pretentious garbage. it's the apple equivalent of an isis production.

>that fucking webm

Macfag here. It's better with the audio.

youtube.com/watch?v=GeoUELDgyM4

>not waiting for S years

retarded

not going to happen this time.

next year is the completely redesigned all-glass iphone 8 with wireless everything.

Nice.

including the all new innovative 3.5mm audio jack.

>Not the genius recessed 3.5 mm audio jack

Next year will be shit. Moving away from the original design, without Steve Jobs. iPhone 8 will be where it dies.

>iPhone 8 will be where it dies
We hear this every year, yet it's record sales again and again.

Tim Cook from Apple here, believe me when I say it'll be the best iPhone we've ever designed.

shouldn't you be off sucking cock atop piles of money?

Tim would use Apple Pay, so no.

Apple Twitter account:

"sorry guys, when we put the snake oil into our new iphone 7's during production, we must have accidentally overlooked some snake eggs in it."

You hear it every year but not from me. iPhone 8 is where I'm betting it falls apart. Up to now they've failed to progress anywhere, but they've stuck to what Job's built and didn't do much to alienate people, playing it safe. Now it's a brand new design without him, it'll be pure shit. Normies are already pissed off about the headphone jack, wait until they fuck the whole design up.

Apple doesn't make mistakes. It's a feature.

the iphone 6 design was done without Jobs and it turned out just fine

>and it turned out just fine

>it turned out fine
kek'd

83.1% of people will use a case which negates any inconvenience that the camera bump presents

(Shocker)
xD we're so quirky am I right guise

Cases are a conspiracy created by retail stores. I know because I worked at a phone one. We make like $10 selling a new iPhone, but we make near full price selling a case. Bit of plastic, $30 or more gg

I hope you posted that pic ironically.

every time i see a picture of that i feel like getting some of these

The hissing noise is to stimulate vinyl records. Thank you Apple for making my digital files sound warmer and more authentic.

Unironically the iPhone camera is just really fucking good for a phone. That's all normies really care about, for the snapchat and Instagram.

>implying it won't be optical SPDIF out through the glass body

Steve Jobs must be hissing in his grave...
that's jacked up'bro! oh, wait- no headphone jack, either

t. Not leafyishere

The s7 was better than iphone 6s though, haven't seen the iPhone 7s yet.

The courage that that post must have taken... wow

That is a design feature. It pre-biases the user's ears to audiophile frequencies.

This changes everything. Again.

>holy shit

RECALL IPHONE 7 NOW
>RECALL IPHONE 7 NOW
RECALL IPHONE 7 NOW
>RECALL IPHONE 7 NOW
RECALL IPHONE 7 NOW
>RECALL IPHONE 7 NOW

coil whine, or just hot air trying to get out?

my hd6950 had some serious whine, but only while playing minecraft for some reason

AMD does not like autism

they always have record sales because they keep on adding countries to the list.

I wish I could unsee that...

fucking coil whine

I can hear my r9 290x cranking out frames jesus

BLACK TO THE CORE
Now I understand why they only showed niggas

My Nexus 6 does this for way less money. Way to get cucked, Appletards.

Wait, this says 2 speakers instead of one. Is that true? Didn't they say that other port was for a pressure sensor for more accurate readings of altitude?

ifixit.com/Teardown/iPhone 7 Plus Teardown/67384#s136500

Maybe they are considering the earpiece, which can operate as a loudspeaker, the "second" speaker.

At least they still have parts in stock for many of their older models.

Unlike some flagship brands...

*crying intensifies over dying Nexus 5*

>iphone 7 recall because of battery

How they can call their phone displays “retina” when they are still using fucking 750p and when 1080p is mid‐line now is anyone’s guess

retina is just a marketing term, not a technical one
they can call whatever they like retina and it won't be invalid, because it's meaningless in the first place

>3x faster graphics

Just how fast are those graphics ?

VTEC JUST KICKED IN YO

fuck
am i not the only one?

Retina is related to PPI/DPI, not resolution only, but resolution and size

and comparatively, the "retina" 1080p newest iphone has less PPI than my cheap-o htc from 2013

the iphone makes hissing sounds, the note explodes. unless there are baby snakes in the iphone, this doesn't sound like a hard decision to make.

The same factories make most consumer electronics and nobody retardedly suggests that they all suffer from the same defects. Any number of factors could lead to different outcomes in Samsung devices compared to Apple.

People sometimes play games on their phones but YEAH LOL GOOD THING WE NEVER USE OUR PHONES VERY SERIOUSLY RIGHT? LOL

There are so many retards on both sides of this that it's suffocating. How do any of you people not call your own camps of troglodytes complete faggots for this sort of shit?

Friendly reminder that:
When apple removed the floppy drive they were right.
When apple removed the disc drive they were right.
When apple removed the physical keyboard on a phone they were right.

Now by removing the headjack they made another step

Get Rekt faggots

I use an optical drive several times a week.
In my use case, lacking an optical drive isn't progress. More people with iPhones use headphones regularly.

iSnek

- i still used floppies for several years after the imac came out
- still use optical discs, rarely now, but sometimes they're the best option
- fuck them for pushing out physical phone keyboards, seriously

Resolution isn't everything with screen quality.

Now that's a classic meme

there are people that use tape disks. that doesn't mean apple needs to support them.

if you recognize that you're at the tail end of the people your age that you know in terms of legacy hardware support, then it shouldn't really surprise you that apple dropped integrated floppy disks and optical discs and whatnot a few years before *you* were ready. if we waited for the lowest common denominator before we could move on to the next thing, we'd be held back by decades on standards.

maybe apple could delay this shit by a generation or two, but frankly without the impetus for upgrading, manufacturers will continue to be lazy, cheap niggers about it. because that's what corporations do - cheap out and be niggers.

look at how slowly USB 3.1 has been adopted. or DP 1.4 - or myriad backwards compatible plugs that don't *force* manufacturers to upgrade, but would benefit the user.

i still own no usb3 capable devices, and my monitor is attached via DVI

but optical discs (namely audio-cd and bluray) are still current

dropping audio-cd is reasonable, but bluray? how is pushing shitty streaming video over bluray "beneficial for consumers"?

I'm sorry you don't belong to the plebs that dictate the market.

-- as i side note, i also own no bluray drive or discs, but rather i download remuxes

Coil whine on a mobile device?
l e l

Blu-ray failed because physical discs compared to just files on ssd/hdd is much more convenient. People that actually care about having a physical copy buy (not even kidding) vinyl records.

As for movies nobody cares

>files on ssd/hdd is much more convenient.
sure, except as far as i know there's no bluray+ quality legal movie/tv show downloads available
and apple still sells laptops with as little as 128GB of storage (only 15 dvd's worth of space! not accounting the space already used by the OS)
so good luck storing anything but shit-tier rips on that

youtube.com/watch?v=rHGV5YWFU2g

>camera comparison between S7 and iphone7

Guess who wins?

Also I am still laughing internally at the retarded fan community thinking it would have sapphire glas even proven otherwise.

Nobody uses bluray anymore.

Apple was and is right to ignore it.

>9to5mac.com/2016/09/17/iphone-7-plus-hissing/
Interesting. A shame that the people affected are apparently mentally retarded and can't tell where the sound comes from. There's not a lot of things inside the phone that can make noise, so it's possible that it's just some interference with the speaker or something like that. There's a fair chance that it can be fixed with a firmware update.

You can't fix a hardware flaw like this with a firmware update without seriously throttling the hardware.

You just need to keep petting your iPhone 7 and tell it it's a nice phone. Then it will stop hissing.

Don't pet it with gloves on:

theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/9/17/12951694/iphone-7-home-button-glove-problem

at least it didn't explode under heavy load :^)

Yet..

I personally know at least 10 people that still want to buy this garbage. There was never an "apple dream". It has always been a nightmare.

Except none of those were being commonly used when applel removed them and the the 3.5mm jack has been the most used audio interface on the world for more than two decades. Fuck off.

Are you kidding? Everyone was using floppies when Apple dropped them.

>ifags pretending I phones weren't exploding first

>floppies were replaced by optical media and eventually usb.
>optical media was replaced by usb storage device and the Internet itself.
>audio jack is replace by nothing really. Bluetooth is it's own animal and they have been forced to sell adaptors for the thing they removed.

>when your Mac's CPU gets used to its actual potential
>implying you can

Finally, something Apple did before Samsung.

>play games on their phones
only manchildren do that, and they don't buy iphones.
literally a non-issue

i sometimes play solitaire on my phone while waiting in public

L.O.L.

>power consumption
>450
WTF is the unit?

presumably watts

oh it's a mac pro, not a macbook, nevermind

>power
>unit
it's obviously kg⋅m2⋅s-3

the only unit apple cares about is dollars

>mfw

>FurMark
>furries trying to discredit apple

>implying Apple hasn't done enough to discredit themselves...

>coil whine on a $700+ iPhone

my $100 lag droid don't even do that shit, fuck

It's always some goddamn stupid thing.

They've been building phones for a decade and they can't make it perfect yet? WTF?

I don't get it

You don't know shit, just like anyone else at this moment. Software does more than you think it does.

>drive over 80km/h
>much more likely to crash and die
You literally just proved his point famb

like it did in 2014 because the iphone 6 used to bend and because it looked like shit compared to the 5s? lmao, you kids are so fucking naive

I don't remember anyone saying applel was doomed because of the 6 bending

they forgot to include that """"artistic"""" performance at the end

yeah, but I do. shitload of steve jobs circlejerking comments saying that the iphone was doomed because s.jobs actually left the blueprints up to the iphone 5s or whatever. now there's actually a fucking mutt piece of shit in this thread saying that Steve's influence extends to the iphone 8?

yeah guise, apple is totally bankrupt, doomed, bodybagged etc. long live the linux desktop, 2016 the year of the windows phone, and... don't forget to clean your belly buttons everyone mmkaay? girls like that shit.

The dream lives on.

kek

>buy a samshit phone
>it explodes
>contact Samsung
>get a new phone

>buy a iPhone
>it makes hissing noises every time I use it
>contact Apple
>"There is no issue with your iPhone, that noise is normal.

I'll take the possible bomb phone

pfft, you're just holding it wrong.

>>buy a iPhone
>>it explodes
>>contact Apple
>>"There is no issue with your iPhone, that fire is normal.

So does anyone know was it making the sound?

*What is making

The souls of dead factory workers, and tiny snakes.

> webm file of CIA blacksite torture program leaked

thanks Snowden

>the new home button is capacitive which means you need skin contact or special gloves to activate it
What were they thinking?

that they could make a fortune by releasing a new iphone that was different somehow

Just because it's capacitive doesn't mean it will require it for a press. It uses only pressure for press detection, just like the macbook's trackpad.

google.co.jp/search?q=iphone 7 home button