>linus still didn't write a proper file picker
why is linux such a trash os?

Other urls found in this thread:

aur.archlinux.org/packages/firefox-kde-opensuse/
bbs52.meiwasuisan.com/anime/1357733585/
queensblade.wikia.com/wiki/Yuit_&_Vante
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Linus only works on the kernel you dip

>lincucks literally have to install THOUSANDS of third party programs to make that shit OS usable

>implying

t. KDE user

DE specific problem

>implying Linux is an OS.

but you can patch it manually!
that's totally not autistic!

>tfw lincux is such shit it isn't even an OS without third party programs

How would you go about patching this on Arch?

I don't see how thousands of first party programs are somehow preferable to thousands of third party programs. Also
>implying vanilla windows is usable

>arch user too dumb to google
thanks for living up to the stereotype

Linux is a KERNEL.

>XD NT isn't even an OS without third party programs lolololol

>he fell for the arch meme

It's not like I haven't tried. There are two glibc patch sets if I remember correctly, but none of those would compile and I was prompted to remove the existing glibc package, which would break Gnome.

I'm actually using Antergos.

>current year
>Linux
>no money is involved in developing the UI settings and customization in Linux distros
>everything is done for free
>takes 5 minutes to customize your whole UI via a UI setting menu that's all in one place and all laid out

>current year
>Microsoft
>millions are involved in developing Windows
>still can't shit out proper UI customization and the menus are all over the place
>takes 6 hours to customize Windows UI, and you still get broken shit

Why is Windows such a trash OS?

But NT IS an OS
not only windows can be used without 3rd party programs though

What a massive fucking retard

Lack of easy access to config files

So is GNU/Linux, without third part applications, either.

Thanks for memeing.

>2016
>firefox still refuses to use the superior KDE file picker

If you are so superior how about you fucking post your own file picker?

Let me guess your next reply
>I don't have it because I swear, I don't need it
0/10

>He doesn't use qupzilla
Your loss senpai

>you will never have your penis wrapped by her tongue and jacked off that way

I use KDE's senpai

aur.archlinux.org/packages/firefox-kde-opensuse/

What a disgusting UI.

>Anime posting
Disgusting.

>anime
Vomit-chan isn't an anime.

Sorry I don't jerk off to thin as hair and crippled terminal fonts

Your file manager needs to fit the rest of your UI, desu.

If I get really bored i'll make a new linux distro called "File Picker Linux" which includes a good file picker.

It's called openSUSE

Get any distro with KDE

werks for me

>Vomit-chan
She has a name, you know?

But how?

>Caring this much about Chinese cartoon characters

aur/glib2-patched-thumbnailer 2.48.2-1 [installed] (4) (0.01)
GLib2 patched with ahodesuka's thumbnailer patch.

Do you even know where you are?

she's from a game, actually

>anime
grow up kid
>arch
grow up kid

It always failed to compile on Antergos. There was an error message suggesting that glib and glib2 are in conflict (if I remember correctly). How did you get it to work?

Madopuki or something.
Still as "anime" as pic related though.

git gud

Sorry I'm not a weeb. But do you know that there's an anime board on this website?

Thanks for nothing...

Anime is not weeabish per se, you seem to not know how things work.

Linux isn't even an OS. It's not fair to judge a program for something that it was never a part of its scope.

This whole site is anime.
If you don't like it, you can always go back to Twitter to whine about how those misogynist weebs are triggering you with anime pictures.

Spotted the actual 15 y/o

No it isn't. If containment boards are meaningless, then there is no meaning in staying in the so-called containment boards. Everything must therefore be good in all places.

The only containment board on this site is mlp.
All other boards are boards for weebs who happen to have other interests.
Kind of like how fitness forums have technology sections, music sections, gaming sections, or gay forums as well.
An presence of hobby sections doesn't negate the main audience.
And you my little man, are not the main audience.

Even my Raspberry Pi has a decent file picker with previews.

Can this meme die now?

FUCK OFF, YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW VOMICCHI LIKE I DO!

What you guys are referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

tfw MacOS is the only unix-like OS that has a good UI/UX out of the box

>The only containment board on this site is mlp.
What's the point of a pokemon board if Cred Forums should be good enough? What's the point of /vg/ if Cred Forums should be good enough? These are containment boards that exist to contain something specific. You are wrong.

of course it conflicts, it replaced the normal unpatched one

you need to remove the original (pacman -Rdd glib2) first

Wouldn't that break Gnome or any other GTK based DE?

windows is shit

and linux is better in every way

for the moment between removing it and installing the patched one, yes
the patched one "provides" glib2, re-satisfying the things that depend on it

that's why you use "dd", it tells pacman to ignore the fact that removing it will break dependancies

You are right, they are containment boards which were made over time when Cred Forums couldn't take the content influx of them.
But they weren't the first boards of this site,
and they aren't the main boards.
Main boards are those the site started with, which define the site's main purpose.
The addition of other boards are bonuses that the original audience asked for over time since they had other interests as well.

So the fact remains in the end, you bitching about anime is like going to a gay forum's technology section and whining about how everyone is gay.
Sorry to say, but the vocal minority like yourself doesn't seem to have made a single dent on the main purpose of this site, or its main audience.

You, at best, serve as a fun target to have fun with in discussions such as the one we are having.
You whine about anime, and the result is nothing, and that's how it will remain. Especially now that the new owner is Jap.

>He doesn't know the difference between a kernel and an OS

>things never change
>implying weebs are the majority anymore

The only reason this website got popular was because of Cred Forums anyways and you animefags are outnumbered these days. You got like 10 weebo boards already stay the fuck in there

You don't know what Cred Forums was at first.
Most of us animefags don't post anime pictures unless some triggered kiddie like yourself comes in just to make you all mad and bothered.
If we were outnumbered, surveys would prove it, except any survey made on any board proves you are the minority little man.
>You got like 10 weebo boards already stay the fuck in there
You are not a mod, nor a janitor, and don't have any significance or relevance in deciding the what, who, or where on this site.

As i said, you can keep whining, but the end result will forever be you getting yourself nearer to a heart-attack while we laugh our asses off at your tirade and nothing happens.

If you need a Safespace Trigger Help Line, i suggest
>>>/tumblr/

Jesus man you have no reason to be this artistically aggressive stop being a sperg.

>Best guess for this image: Image
thanks google

source?

Where do you people come from, that get buttmad over weaboos? Goon? Reddit? Its pretty much everywhere here, yet you unironically get pissy whenever you see it. It's bewildering.

>Too stupid to install Arch

Sorry, dunno. In my google search i found only 2 results with this pic, one of which was this page:
bbs52.meiwasuisan.com/anime/1357733585/

And if you scroll to the image post and copy pasta the moonrunes into goolge,
specifically ユイット, it seems to hit the jackpot and that loli appears in results.

nice, it's Yuit from Queen's Blade
queensblade.wikia.com/wiki/Yuit_&_Vante

Cred Forums used to be the anime board.
Anime is Cred Forums's heritage. If you disavow heritage you end up sucking shit from a straw.

What are the nornalfag boards? I hope you're not talking shit about /vr/.

>Some Cred Forumsirgin reposts this same thread for like the millionth time
>People still fall for it and reply in droves
Most memes, like NEET-dom being a good thing, eventually die, but not all.

QB is garbage

The patched version still failed to compile even after using the -Rdd command.

decided to install linux again after about 10 years of not touching it. surely this time it'll work without a hitch. Decide to try Mint Cinnamon

>finish installing
>no wifi
>no ethernet
>no sound
>980ti's fans keep spiining up for no reason. while not even playing any games

Into the trash it went

or Mageia
or Manjaro

"pacman -Rdd glib2" only removes the current one
you still need to build and install the other one afterwards

for example, with yaourt;
yaourt -S --asdeps glib2-patched-thumbnailer

Correct me if I'm wrong but this only applies to gtk2 file chooser, and you would need to recompile firefox to use gtk2 file picker right?

>this only applies to gtk2 file chooser
i believe so
>you would need to recompile firefox to use gtk2 file picker right?
did they move to gtk3? i'm using icecat (based on firefox esr 38.8.0)

Yes, as of Firefox 46 it now uses gtk3. And of course Mozilla has an official stance of "lol get over it just use patches"

AUR has a Firefox gtk2 version though so I guess I can save myself some effort.

Kek I find it boggling that this patch came out right before gtk3 was a thing if memory serves right. It's like it only became a thing so gnome devs didn't finally have to fix the same damn thing people have been asking for over ten years.

I did, but I didn't know about that second command you've posted. I guess I'll try that now to see if it works.

What about Chromium and it's forks? Would the same patch work for it?

i have chromium 53.0.2785.116, and it uses gtk2, so the patch is effective

>look guys, turns out you need more stuff than just the kernel XDDddDaxXDD, LINUX BTFO XDDDXXXD

>use KDE
>install kdialog
>open chromium
>it automatically detects it and uses it instead of the GTK file picker
Quit using a DE that keeps losing features with every release.

>DE that keeps losing features with every release.

like KDE, right? :^) find me pic related in KDE5.

>Icecat is still using esr 38
someone needs to fire the lazy prick who doesn't even do his job to compile a browser with flags to disable shit and add a few addons.

I can't wait till ESR 52 to come out. Also, I thought that GTK3 fixed the file picker meme.

It only kinda fixed it. You're still limited to a list view which isn't very helpful on a higher resolution screen. Unless there is some setting I missed. But nah you're stuck with list view thumbnails and no way to resize them.

T-thanks for your hard work gtk devs

how do I fix this for pale moon on xubuntu?

>2016
>still using google image search
>not using the superior yandex image search

just

install the patched glib2, it affect any gtk2 program, it's not specifically for firefox

welp

Yeah, that's why I hate using Windows. It's unusable without 3rd party programs.

GNU/NEETs on suicide watch

>.ru

just write one yourself bro

and don't forget to use Yandex Browser. it just werks.

>le russian boogeyman meme
good job, goyim.

>le russia is based uncucked traditionalist christian country

at least their bvrowser seems to work

Can I trust the russians with my data?

no

but on the other hand if you arent russian, what are they going to do to you with your searches? extort you or wat?

doubtful

at least they won't knock on your door

>trust ms
>trust apple
>trust google
>trust facebook
>trust Cred Forums
>trust every 3 letter organization
>THE RUSSIANS WILL GET MUH DATA

I trust the Russians much more than american or european companies
At least they wont share my data with hollywood and they don't push the globalist liberal agenda

Try to create a webmail or an account.
All US based companies force you to give them your mobile

Yandex does not

just use a vpn you fucking retard

What's better, yandex mail or mail.ru?

I don't know, I just use yandex search because I find it's equal and often superior to google search

Frankly all webmail is shit, I want to try running my own mail server along with dynamic dns

>neo/g/

That's what happens when you replace your entire development workforce with Pajeets.

I thought Cred Forums was tsundere towards russia.

yeah booted up my computer to post this.

This is certainly progress, but since you're stuck in list view, it's not too useful.

gross

What is this? Some shitty bait?

GNOME has a filepicker with preview and thumbnails.

Also
>implying GNOME 2.0 = Linux
kys

Are you certain of your claims?

Can you take it out of list view though?

Works on Ubuntu.

>Save page as...
>Filename selected but i want to save with a different one
>start typing the new name.
>A popup textfield with a lens popup and get the focus for searching on the folder.
So fucking retarded

You need to install some additional package for wacom support

nothing pops up for me

No, but you have to be autistic to patch it manually.
t. autist that dont have time for that

it is being of safe.

Just to mention, that OP was kind enough to gtk and posted gtk3 slightly-better chooser.

I have the patched file picker. Still boggles my mind why the developer omitted 'type to find' feature

How did you manage to install it? The patched version of glib2 always fails to compile on Antergos and I've tried all the commands provided in this thread. By the way, are you using an Arch based distro?

Microcuckolds blown the fuck out

>still blaming "linux" for GTK being shit
Microsoft pls leave

> 2016
> not using xfm

wew

This is why I upgraded to MacOS.

Can anyone explain why this is an toolkit specific thing?
All file dialogs return a path + filename.
Why not just call an application that does this and then go back?
This way you could have the same damn file dialog (with the same settings) on all applications, regardless of toolkit and who wrote the software.
And since there basically is two main toolkits people use, why can't they have a meeting so they can sit together and fix it?
The only good file dialog I have used is the one kde uses.
As I understand it, that is seperate from the one Qt uses, but still, it shouldn't be too hard to coordinate between them all.
Should this be a freedesktop project or should you just force the involved parties to fix this?
As I see it, worst case would be a system where you have no gtk applications and no qt applications, so you just install an extra library with that application.

Because you're supposed to be autistic enough to remember what each of those pictures are just by the numbers

ofcourse you can kid

Not him, but if I do it the way you describe, I get a different error message. Which is weird, because when I try installing it with glib2 not removed, it gets way past this point and actually starts building it, only stopping when it can't resolve the conflict.