Amazon/Bezos calls for an end to Snowden

Does Jeff Bezos have an agenda?

He's using the Washington Post to push for his own goals, but this is just outrageous.
The Washington Post -broke- the NSA/Snowden story, he is their source! And they got a Pulitzer prize thanks to that story and source.
And now they're asking for him to be destroyed. Their own source. And they are supposed to be journalists.

There is a point where this reckless pro-Hillary, pro-Establishment shilling must stop, and we are clearly past it.
Jeff Bezos, and by extension Amazon, clearly has an anti-democratic agenda here. This is much more evil than what Facebook and Google are doing.

Other urls found in this thread:

theintercept.com/2016/09/18/washpost-makes-history-first-paper-to-call-for-prosecution-of-its-own-source-after-accepting-pulitzer/
techdirt.com/articles/20150615/11565531344/reporter-who-wrote-sunday-times-snowden-propaganda-admits-that-hes-just-writing-what-uk-govt-told-him.shtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udo_Ulfkotte
scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1260306/edward-snowden-classified-us-data-shows-hong-kong-hacking-targets
cnn.com/2014/04/17/world/europe/russia-snowden-putin/index.html
foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/18/ed-snowden-russian-tv-star-hands-putin-propaganda-coup.html
washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2014/04/17/edward-snowdens-cowardice-on-russian-tv/?utm_term=.c62e22626157
edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/18/minnesota.music.download.fine/index.html?eref=ib_us
theguardian.com/technology/2012/sep/11/minnesota-woman-songs-illegally-downloaded
abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=8226751
bookbutler.com/
stallman.org/amazon.html
vocaroo.com/i/s0rNL6bjb5a1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I agree, this is fucked

theintercept.com/2016/09/18/washpost-makes-history-first-paper-to-call-for-prosecution-of-its-own-source-after-accepting-pulitzer/

Surprised this bastard isn't a dirty jew rat.

Short Amazon stocks, I guess...

The WaPo is a true scumbag paper through and through. Completely uncritical Hillary boosting and then this. Fuck them forever.

Also: >By Editorial Board
Kill yourselves you bitchmade faggots.

I'm surprised there are people that would attack the source of the truth about egregious violation of rights and support proven criminals. You are no better than a blind jihadi zealot.

What a scumbag news agency; they decided what got published and when things go south, SNOWDEN IS THE BAD GUY, WE JUST PUBLISH NEWS, WE'RE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR IT!

Literally who?

I'd like to call for an end to wealthy billionaires with too much power.

>And they are supposed to be journalists.
Journalists are terrible people. Learning Journalism literally means unlearning empathy only so much that you can still fake it. They just don't give a shit.

arguably, what has giving a shit ever gotten you?

The founder of Amazon you retarded fuck, can you even Google? Get the fuck out.

Journalists are part of the closed circle elites though, it's a ticket to become a member of the "establishment" which elevates one from the regular plebeians.

Suddenly you have power, nobody wants to displease you and you have numerous connections to use to your advantage.

This is why modern journalism attracts the worst kind of scumbags - the same exact people who are attracted to politics, only less successful.

>This is much more evil than what Facebook and Google are doing.
they're doing it too

Facebook had a bunch of left-wingers curating its news, and when found out immediately fired them all and now only has an algorithm handling it.

yes, an (((algorithm)))

If thats the case, what does it mean about video game journalists?

triggered

the same people but manchildren who want influence in video games but aren't smart enough to make them

Doesn't Trump want him imprisoned and tortured too?

>pro-Hillary
as if trump was better

>its another Cred Forums shill post

trump literally said snowden was a traitor as well and that he was a spy planted by a foreign country

fuck off back to where you came from you tool

WaPo and NYT are obviously in bed with the govt and govt intelligence agencies, and have been for many decades.

journalists are marketing tools and shills, most of them get paid peanuts for being useful fools

>it's a ticket to become a member of the "establishment" which elevates one from the regular plebeians.
lol, most journalists are useless, retarded people.

amazon shill panicking jej

>Owner of AWS appeasing probably it's biggest customer
whodathunkit

Washington Post doesn't give a shit how contradictory they appear. They are made up of many different viewpoints, just like any other news outlet, and will present any information in a light that will attract the most views.

When you attract a big name that many people know, such as Amazon, there shouldn't be any surprise when they publish a story like this.

Bezos owns WaPo

bump

anyone else notice all the recent attacks using aws cloud services pointed towards browsers? Just me?

>WaPo and NYT are obviously in bed with the govt and govt intelligence agencies

Yup:

>Reporter Who Wrote Sunday Times 'Snowden' Propaganda Admits That He's Just Writing What UK Gov't Told Him
>techdirt.com/articles/20150615/11565531344/reporter-who-wrote-sunday-times-snowden-propaganda-admits-that-hes-just-writing-what-uk-govt-told-him.shtml

>Udo Ulfkotte
>In 2014, Ulfkotte published Bought Journalists ("Gekaufte Journalisten"), in which he claims that the CIA and other secret services pay money to journalists to report a particular story in a certain light.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udo_Ulfkotte

It makes sense for a government to control what information its sheep get. The internet has disrupted this so they now get to tar dissenting voices as "far right", "racist", or "conspiracy" nuts.

I don't give a damn about Bezos' agenda as long as I can find stuff 20 to 50% cheaper than local stores. I hope he drives all of them to bankruptcy.

good! good, goy!

They're afraid. They want the general population to stay in blissful ignorance about the fact that the US government mines its citizens data regularly. The government's biggest enemy is an aware population, and that's what Snowden is trying to do, to raise awareness. Snowden is going to continue being considered a threat to national security as long as he lives, but he's doing it for a good cause.

ANTISEMITIC ASSHOLE

reported for anti-semitism

Really makes ya think

See

Journalists are usually idiots who have no knowledge about anything they write on

Yeah it's by an algorithm, just search it. It has made some fucking funny mistakes by looking at what was trending

I'm not American but Snowden is a traitor.

A traitor to whom? The goverment, or the constitution?

Both.

Wrong. I knew you'd reply with this. No wonder you'd be confused.

The government have bypassed the constitution, which Snowden has informed us of. Now, the government is pissed because they have been found out, hence, they class him as a traitor. He's only a traitor to a bunch of corrupt elites. He's not a traitor to the American constitution.

>Amendment IV

>The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Government have pretty much ignored this amendment. The government are the traitors, not the messenger.

Snowden leaked intelligence to America's enemies: cooperation with Scandinavian services against Russia; spying on the wife of an Osama bin Laden associate; and certain offensive cyber operations in China. It's a traitor.

your grasp on the English language is tenuous at best.

Sorry I'm German and I'm learning

No he did not. Even if that nonsense was true, it was released by journalists he passed the information to, not by him.

He's only a traitor to the corrupt government; not the constitution.

Maybe the WaPo knows more about Snowden than other newspapers.

>leaked intelligence to America's enemies
What intelligence was leaked to our enemies exactly? Pretty sure he leaked information about PRISM, which is the NSA's program, which they used to spy on US citizens. If you would be so kind as to provide some sources for your claim, we can snuff this right now. Otherwise, you're just a troll.

6/10 made me reply.

>What intelligence was leaked to our enemies exactly?
cooperation with Scandinavian services against Russia; spying on the wife of an Osama bin Laden associate; and certain offensive cyber operations in China.

False. Ignore this idiot.

He's right though. And that's just what we know. Who knows what other sensitive information Snowden sold to China and Russia, the two countries he thought to escape to for obvious reasons.

This. The best journalists aren't usually the ones who studied it as a subject in school- they're the people who became experts on something and then decided to write about it one day.

But he's wrong, just as you are. You have no proof, only conjecture.

scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1260306/edward-snowden-classified-us-data-shows-hong-kong-hacking-targets

He did leak intelligence to America's enemies.

"America" meaning "the American government" and "enemies" meaning the American people.

No, actually you are wrong. You have no proof that you are right, just your blind, teenage admiration of an insufferable self-promoter whom you believe to be a hero and you identify with.

Wow, I'm sure the intelligence agencies of Hong Kong didn't know about this until Snowden. Yup, nosiree

Fuck.

I should've just been a priest.

Please point out what you find wrong about his post grammatically or syntactically. I'll wait so I can laugh at you later.

>>i-it's not like they wanted the information anyway, baka

>No, actually you are wrong. You have no proof that you are right

You see, you made a claim, now you have to put up evidence to back it up, otherwise you're spouting basic bullshit which can be dismissed. You don't make a claim and then get to demand someone prove the other wrong. I don't really care for Snowden either way, just the contribution he made to history which is something you will never do.

So, either prove your claim with evidence, or shut your fucking mouth, you fucking statist.

>It's okay to release classified information because everyone already knows about it lol
Why are Snowden's dicksuckers so retarded?

The claim was backed up like 4 posts above yours. Only you started moving goalposts or rather making up entirely new goalposts.

>The claim was backed up like 4 posts above yours. Only you started moving goalposts or rather making up entirely new goalposts.

Prove it. Also, take some of your own advice about goalposts. I'll wait.

You know all about dicksucking, you tell us.

Snowden is a traitor to the government. Though i don't understand why that would be bad given the government breaks half the amendments (against its own people) and is involved in some of the worst atrocities in contemporary history, the least of which is supporting Pakistan when Pakistan initiated a genocide in Bangladesh which saw between 300 000 and 3 million innocent lives killed and cleansed.
The important part is that Snowden is not a traitor of the people, and as such is not a traitor of the USA, because USA is not defined by a transitional entity like the government but by the national population. He merely betrayed a corrupt and immoral institution. It's admirable and morally right and just if anything.

>The important part is that Snowden is not a traitor of the people, and as such is not a traitor of the USA, because USA is not defined by a transitional entity like the government but by the national population. He merely betrayed a corrupt and immoral institution. It's admirable and morally right and just if anything.

This. Thankfully there are people with those things called "brains" that have an iota of critical thinking.

Why would anyone bother when you'll just ignore it and act like no one posted proof as you are doing now?
If you are serious about having a discussion, quit acting like a 5 year old throwing a fit and be at least willing to acknowledge real things that really happened.

>can't back up his shoddy claim
>tl;dr

Thanks for playing dickhead. Next.

The thing is you don't get to decide unilaterally what the people stand for. That's decided through the democratic process and whether you like it or not, our government is currently the closest thing to the people's representative and a million light-years closer to being that than you are.

Still isn't a traitor to the constitution asswipe. You are forgetting this. The government, however, is.

They afr fagot #gamergate

>proof literally posted in the thread minutes ago
>hahahahhaah it doesn't exist if i pretend i'm a retard
>i win the argument lololol /thread
>next

>can't even show apparent proof posted minutes ago
>make up another false claim

wew, who's the 5-year old. C'mon, it's easy. Just provide proof and you prove me wrong and make me look silly. You can do that instead of greentexting your buuthurt, r-right?

>I get to decide what the constitution stands for and not the federal courts
There's someone who's wrong about things in this thread and that's you.

Yes, you. Not those that are employed on behest of the corrupt government that can push aside said constitution.

I seriously weep for America or anywhere there are just rules if there are people like you around to subvert them.

>people with those things called "brains"
And 99% of Cred Forums posters are not these people, sadly.

Meanwhile Snowden is sucking Putin's dick as we carry on, stroking his balls and telling Putin he's doing a great job of preserving freedom of information in Russia.

he is a hero not a traitor

i vote hillary the post

>it's a traitor

Snowden is perfectly happy to go on Russian television to whitewash Putin's utterly oppressive policies, why are you buttblasted about the US government doing much less?
cnn.com/2014/04/17/world/europe/russia-snowden-putin/index.html

I rate this thread 9/11

>cnn.com

Okay.

do tell us how many languages are you fluent in?

tree fiddy

I vote one of the two mainstream parties that do nothing but fuck over the American people: the post

Lol your right CNN obviously faked the whole thing, Snowden would never dicksuck Putin on national television, right?
foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/18/ed-snowden-russian-tv-star-hands-putin-propaganda-coup.html
washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2014/04/17/edward-snowdens-cowardice-on-russian-tv/?utm_term=.c62e22626157

I don't live in the US.

So you are saying that the Vietnam war and the genocide in Bangladesh were choices of the people, and not the self-determined choices of a corrupt institution choosing without proper consent from the people.

The thing is that the government is an institution, not the people; and the USA can exist without this government or the previous government or a future government, but it can't exist without the people. The people are the ones who build and move the country.
An institution isn't a representative when it is in a position to pick and choose what it wants to hear and what it doesn't.

Take copyright for instance. The 8th Amendment is clear and concise, yet it is still being broken every time a family is excessively fined and unfairly thrown into bankruptcy.
Take the debt for instance. Does a government which owns trillions to its people indicate a representation of the people and a democratic process?

I think you'll find that your statement holds little weight in the face of my previous questions.

>foxnews.com
>washingtonpost.com

Oka... wait. Is this the same washingtonpost.com from OP's TOPIC? SURELY NOT!

The government is obviously not the direct expression of the people, as "the people" is not a thing. American people don't all hold the same views and want the same things. The government is the compromise we have. How good is that compromise is something we can debate, but what is not up for debate is whether that compromise is a better solution that some faggot on the internet deciding what "the people" think and want.

>Take copyright for instance. The 8th Amendment is clear and concise, yet it is still being broken every time a family is excessively fined and unfairly thrown into bankruptcy.
What? Are you having a stroke?

>some faggot on the internet deciding what "the people" think and want

Telling the people of violations to the constitution? I'd say that is pretty patriotic.

Snowden is a fuckin' hero, if you believe otherwise you're a cuck. Plain and simple.

Snowden is hardly someone who has the training and the education to be able to figure out what is and what is not a violation of the Constitution. Neither are you.

The government isn't about representation, it's about having a legal monopoly on violence and force. That's it.

It think anyone that has more than 2 working braincells (i.e. not you) and isn't part of the corrupt US regime can tell when an entity or institution is violating pretty clear legislation. Have you graduated from high school yet?

Well it's a good thing that it isn't the faggot deciding what the people think and want, but the surveys that were made many times.
Turns out people don't find him a traitor and do find a big amount of hate against the government as an institution for various reasons.
Sadly the people don't have a legal way to fix the institution or change it or punish it. Gray line and illegal routes are the only options at the moment. The government also certainly doesn't represent a people by definition if it holds secret court hearings.

A government which operates without the quantified consent of the people doesn't represent anything and isn't a compromise in any way. Just like with the Vietnam War and other such wars.

What? Is the constitution too complex for your brain?

>pro-Hillary, pro-Establishment shilling must stop

Right, because the two are totally related. I forgot this is Opposite Day.

It's usually the far-right I see shilling for the abolition of free speech, at least when something offends them. They're much more likely to espouse the viewpoint that Snowden is an ungrateful expat who should be put to death.

There's really no sane choice when it comes to the Republican / Democrat dichotomy. Which is why Americans need to start voting in third parties for a change.

Neither of you know the first thing about Constitutional law.

C/D: Snowden is a docile puppet of the Russian propaganda machine.
????
Some "hero" he is.

Red herring. Fuck off.

Proof?

>pedantism the post

Is Cred Forums still buying from Amazon?

Only reason I buy anything is because I get gift cards. I haven't bought anything with money since they banned Confederate flag sales.

>neither ow you know the first thing about the constitution
>when the constitution says that excessive fines and cruel and unusual punishment, that doesn't mean you shouldn't fine a family $150k for illegally downloading a music album or a movie
Ok chap. Why don't you enlighten us then?

I'm going to buy everything from them since they are against Russia and the surveillance state by being against Snowden.

He wouldn't have released anything if the government was up to dirty tricks.

>against...the surveillance state by being against Snowden.

You realize Snowden revealed the surveillance state, right?

Go ahead and post a single case where someone was fined $150k for downloading a music album.
Go ahead and post a single case where a family was prosecuted as an entity, rather than an individual, for such an action.

fucking this.

The surveillance state using the law that was passed in open congress that everyone knew about. Snowden revealed literally nothing new and nothing of value. The issues he raised were discussed for years in public forums, it was just not discussed on mainstream media which is the limit of your cultivation.

They're the best place to buy tech here at reasonable prices.

>Go ahead and post a single case where someone was fined $150k for downloading a music album.

Not him, but:

> Woman fined to tune of $1.9 million for illegal downloads

edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/18/minnesota.music.download.fine/index.html?eref=ib_us

>Minnesota woman to pay $220,000 fine for 24 illegally downloaded songs

theguardian.com/technology/2012/sep/11/minnesota-woman-songs-illegally-downloaded

>Jury orders student to pay $675,000 for illegally downloading music

abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=8226751

>Go ahead and post a single case where a family was prosecuted as an entity, rather than an individual, for such an action.
What relevance does the difference have if it doesn't change anything about a fine being unfair or a punishment being cruel and unusual?

>Go ahead and post a single case where someone was fined $150k for downloading a music album.
Pic related. If there way anything fair and rational, she'd be fined the exact cost of the shit she was caught with + a rational addendum of 100% of the product cost or such without crazy excess.
Clearly this ruling was a complete violation of the 8th Amendment, unless you are retarded that is in which case you'll say it was a rational ruling.

Forgot pic.

Cool, and where are the sources to back up those claims?

The NSA is just as butthurt at this because not only were they spying on their own citizens, they were spying on Hong Kong citizens. Citizens who are outside the scope of the NSA. The NSA is for US national security. If the CIA did this, you'd have a point, but leaking information about an agency who shouldn't have been doing it in the first place does not make Snowden a traitor, it just continues to show the illegal actions committed by the NSA.

I see what you did there. 8/10.

Don't use Amazon, it's expensive and evil. Use bookbutler.com/ instead.

Also, stallman.org/amazon.html

And by the federal court's definition, the NSA breaks the 4th amendment all the time.

Metadata are a gray area. It's not clear whether it's data that belongs to the person sending the messages or not.
Warrantless PRISM style surveillance is only done on non-US citizens. For US citizens NSA needs a warrant.

She's not being fined for downloading music. She's being fined for distributing music. One is a minor harm that deprives a company of small amounts of potential sales. The other is theoretically a major harm that deprives a company of large amounts of potential sales.
You may not like how the law is set up, but the fact is more people support the current copyright law that not.

This, that is why they are in cahoots with other nations who can freely spy on us citizens then trade the info around.

That's not how it works. Trading for data doesn't whitewash warrantless searches. If NSA wanted to illegally spy on US citizens, just doing it itself would be just as illegal and far easier and easier to hide.

They don't need a warrant to monitor your internet searches, or your social media, emails, etc. They've been doing this since the Patriot Act was passed in the name of catching terrorists. One search can get you put on a list, which they can then use against you, and can even be what gets them a warrant in the first place.

>They don't need a warrant to monitor your internet searches, or your social media
Yeah you don't need a warrant for things you do in public.

>emails, etc.
This is wrong. Private emails are protected. Now email metadata might not be.

If anything it seems like the Washington Post would also be held legally responsible for making public classified or otherwise treasonous information

God why can't these people be put in electrical chairs already. We don't need this kind of crap from the establishment.

Electric chairs. This kind of shit gets under me skin.

Conversations you have through Messenger can be tracked and monitored, and those are private messages.

>private emails are protected
I'm guessing you never read about XKeyscore?

>breaks frederal law and commits treason
>discloses highly secret documents and info to the world
>seeks asylum in Russia
>who fucking knows if he told them anything else in secret thats even more secret
>lol guys ibwas just kidding please let me back ;_;
>why wont they pardon me ;_;

NSA claims Xkeyscore is used only for foreign intel and Snowden has never come out and rebutted them, only that it could be used to read private emails of everyone.

Yes, and after all the thousands of documents being released showing that the NSA was using it and other methods to spy on US citizens, you believe the three letter agency that's watching us have a conversation right now?

>Yes, and after all the thousands of documents being released showing that the NSA was using it
Where are these thousands of documents? That's right, in your boipucci.

Leave my boipucci outta dis fagboi we'z serious right now

>There is a point where this reckless pro-Hillary, pro-Establishment shilling must stop
>pro-Hillary
What? Trump wants to execute Snowden

I'm just angry I didn't buy Amazon stocks back in 1997 with all my summer job money.

And he actually released over 200,000 documents to Glenn Greenwald, Laura Poitras, and Ewen MacAskill

Why would he even want to be pardoned?

Seriously, even if they did pardon him he would have to be INSANE to come back, he'd have a bullet in the back of his head within 20 minutes of his plane landing.

US government doesn't care about Snowden, the person. He's already done as much damage as he can.

The government might not care, but some people still do. Snowden has embarrassed enough powerful people that at least one of them will want him dead even if there's no practical benefit to it.

I want to write a text about how Free Software helps with avoiding mass surveillance. It's inspired by Citizenfour movie and will help me pass this semester (a humanistic course about movies). Do you guys have any ideas about what I could include in this text? I was going to introduce Stallman and 4 essential freedoms of free software.

Please post the text in a thread and post teacher comments.

Once I write it and get the lecturer's review, I'll post it.

Incorporate the GNU/Linux copypasta somehow.

I probably won't write the whole thing, but I will mention about GNU/Linux and maybe add the pasta somewhere in the references.
One of my arguments will be that free software provides open access to the source code, so it is possible to locate and remove software based backdoors.

I haven't really bought much from them since I found out about aliexpress and chink shit in general.

Theyre basically the rejects from all other journalist outlets. And this.

You really think that the globalist media outlets that have been promoting Hillary arent distorting the truth?

>Right, because the two are totally related. I forgot this is Opposite Day.

So the person accepting donations from the establishment and pays our establishment media to air her flavor of Kool Aid isnt in any way related to the establishment? How many pots have you smoked today Junior?

>It's usually the far-right I see shilling for the abolition of free speech

Ya blew it.

You have to go back.

Samefag

He was Cred Forumss hero when he told the truth about the NSA.

Looks like Shills4Hill are out in full force.

>B..b..but muh Russian boogeymen!!

lmao

This is the reason that you are over 20, semi educated or don't worship Apple, you need to get off this board.

>but the fact is more people support the current copyright law that not.

You mean the Record Industry thats responsible for taking 75% of the artists cut and then lobbies the US Government to pass bills like SOPA overnight?

Are you fucking retarded bro?

There used to be a lot of outstanding good journalists though, sadly most have retired or died.

>unlearning empathy
This is a good thing, a good journalist reports the who, what, why, when and where of a story and allows the reader to come up with their own reactions or feelings on the event. Meanwhile a bad journalist tells you how you should feel about a story, or spins the story into a political tirade. If a journalist is over empathetic they will grow depressed with all the bad news, or become a bad journalist who tries to inject their beliefs into the news.

>implying Trump isn't a NSA shill too

You fell for Le Emperor Trump Cred Forums meme

>Is Cred Forums still buying from Amazon?
Their DRM shenanigans, the way they treat their employees, and the fact they will refuse to sell products for political reasons ensures they will never get my money. The few pennies saved isn't worth contributing to a garbage company who hurts my industry.

What has Snowden to do with Miss Universe?

>about the fact that the US government mines its citizens data regularly
But not only its citizens, citizens of other countries, allies. This is arguably an even bigger threat to them.

>Trading for data doesn't whitewash warrantless searches
Yet they do it with impunity, when a five eye nation wants information on their own citizens they ask another five eye nation for that information. This has been documented to occur.

Both candidates are awful and play into the terrorism boogeyman, the pro-Clinton comes from the way WaPo constantly cooked up poorly made attack stories other democratic candidates.

Trump owns Miss Universe.

That doesn't answer my question

A part of it was probably held in Russia

boat 4 tgrump he's not a wealthy billionaire he's just one of us guys making america great agen!

So what? Nobody with an IQ over 50 gives a shit about the Miss Universe competition.

Agreed, but Trump thinks they care because he does.

>United States of America in 2016
>actually believing it's democratic
that's the most innocent, saddest thing I've read all week

Can someone email this to Stallman so he can consider adding it to the list of reasons not to use Amazoshit? This is truly disgusting

>pro-Hillary
Trumpfuck.

vocaroo.com/i/s0rNL6bjb5a1