Looks like I won't be needing Linux anymore

Looks like I won't be needing Linux anymore.

Finally going to kill yourself?

If the only reason for using Linux was bash in the first place, I'd say you had no reason for Linux anyway.

Also, this is pretty old news.

>Look mom, I posted it again!

>Windows is home
>Cortana is your mother
>Trust is like we're family!

you could always run bash under cygwin

I'm sure glad you wincuck fags don't fall into a swoon when someone mentions cli anymore.

your mom knows that you fap, things would be different if she knew that your watching more than naked ladies ...

I, too, enjoyed downloading packages at 30KB/s. At that time I realized that having 80Mbps download means nothing nowadays.

Yes, but not an entire Ubuntu 14.04 with native Linux binaries.

>emulation / compatibility layer
>native

It's no more native than WINE.

It's native. The NT kernel has native support for all kinds of subsystems. The Linux subsystem and support for elf files is implemented just like the windows native win32 subsystem with its support for .exe and .com.

What is the fucking point? What can you do with BASH in Windows.

>MS has implemented a Linux sub-system similar to WINE

This is only going to hurt Windows market share in the long run. People using Linux right now are doing so to get away from Windows. It's a shitty OS with built in ads and spyware. It's bloated, slow, and unstable.

Linux is far more stable and has better performance. When people use Linux through Windows it's not going to convince people to move to windows, no sir, it's going to convince people that Linux is actually on par with Windows.

MS is making it really easy for people to try an alternative operating system. There is really no reason for anyone to use it within windows though, so if you like it you can just ditch windows.

Not only that, but by including a tool like this for developers Microsoft is literally admitting that Linux is a better development platform, and that Windows is so shitty it's even worth the over head of emulating a full Linux environment.

I personally switched to Linux recently full time as a developer and there is no way I would go back to Windows. I've used Windows for twenty years. It's 100% shit unless you build the computer your self and get only the best reviewed hardware, and even then it starts to have "slow downs" after a month or so of usage. You don't get any of the actual benefits of using Linux (better performance, stability) by running it under Windows.

In my experience Linux really does work better than Windows and it's a much better development platform. Even Microsoft agrees with this statement or they wouldn't have added the Linux sub-system. Pretty much only idiots will try to claim Windows is better than Linux. Even developers at MS use Linux for development and servers.

This is MS admitting defeat and it's only going to help Linux gain more users. MS has no where to go but down.

You're a fucking liar, user.

It's a userspace compatibility layer that translates syscalls into WINAPI calls.

>bash coming to windows
>using ==
>not [[ $windows -eq $home ]]

Holy shit I'm triggered

Fuck winblows
The only reason it is used so much is because the business world adopted it when the digital era came about and it is too expensive to switch now.
The farther I get away from microsoft the happier I am, even the android botnet is a noticeable improvement over microsoft`s operating systems
if it would not be for the fact that winblows is thousands of times more secure than any linux distro I would be a balls deep linux user and never looking back, the only thing that makes a linux distro so secure is the relatively small user base.
Prove me wrong faggots.

fs watchers don't work, and half of the commands break when you're in /mnt/c/

Have fun :^)

This retard posts these same threads over and over again everyday and just gets fucking destroyed in the comments.

You're not making windows look good pajeet, you're making your self look like a pathetic cukcold and making MS look bad by association.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

BAHAKHAKHAKHAKHAKHAKHAKHAKHAKHAKHAKHAKHAKHAKHAKHAKHAKHAK LEENUX IS DED XD

>preferring bash syntax over POSIX

stay amateurish, user

>it's going to convince people that Linux is actually on par with Windows.

No it wont

>Windows supports bash
Wow it only took them 20 years to copy cygwin.
>use a crummy immitation linux in a locked down garbage environment
no thanks

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

Bash on Windows is ridiculously slow compared to my Linux install.

Then you should have taken a proper mirror

SO LONG DENTAL PLAN

Explain to me, since I am just a user.

If you are using Linux to develop... What platform are you developing for?

Also
That damage control.

But === is not true for it.

burn

Looks like I won't be needing Windows anymore.