Tfw linux has the server, government, and military markets cornered and there is nothing microsoft can do about it

>tfw linux has the server, government, and military markets cornered and there is nothing microsoft can do about it

do you think microsoft even cares, btw the server market isn't cornered.

Linux is not a company.

>mfw

Every military installation I've been on has used Windows in an office setting

I find that difficult to believe, at least not in the US. The military just switched to Win7 2 years ago and most places I go to are running their shit on IIS and SQL Server

Because those institutions are about spending as less as possible on everything and saving it all to stockpile bombs to drop over sandnigger kids. Of course they would use a system that doesn't cost money.

>inb4 something something technical superiority

No, it's about the money. The system that controls the nuclear warheads is still hardware from the 80s and uses 5 1/4 disks to store keys, don't tell me that it's not about the money.

Military uses windows for most of their computers.

>server market

not nearly as much as you want to believe. and no, posting that wiki article is not enough

Linux is used on the Blue Force Trackers, however its reskinned to look like windows 98

Gates can keep shilling the H1B program so millions of Pajeets take over all of IT, and since all they "know" is Windows...

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

who is this semen demon

I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.

>Linux
>reskinned

>tfw loonix loosers beleeve dat

Linux doesn't have Hollywood.

Well... they can sit and laugh with control over the education and normie markets

There's a reason azure is a huge Linux platform now. Everyone in business is moving the bulk of their workloads to the cloud, and Linux works better in the cloud then windows. Even on Microsoft's own cloud.

You data operations server is, not windows
You weapons operation server, is not windows
You vechicles operations server, is not windows

Sure you may have the FRONTEND as a gui in your tiny cubicle. But everything behind it is unix/bsd/linux

>Winkid can't even figure out how ricing works
pathetic

Disney have rendering farms running Linux.

A lot of servers and infrastructure in the DoD is windows. Probably about 50% from my experience. The right tool for the right job.

no wonder blue force tracker sucks so much.

This

but OP none of the things you listed are true?

in all those markets windows is heavily dominant (60-70% or higher).

20% of servers isn't very good. I guess it is for Linux babbies with sub-1% overall marketshare but in reality windows dominated everywhere

And yet it works fine and still kills sandniggers just as dead.

Not everyone needs the latest iPhone 7 for muh bootiful user expuriance

>freetards in charge of not being butthurt

True detective, season 2

wow anniversary looks really cool

this

it still has nogaems so who cares

Lots of government shit runs windows, same with non-critical military systems. Anything that would be a major problem if it suddenly started misbehaving runs less shitty software.

>implying only companies compete for marketshare