Tfw there will never be an mp3 player as good as the ipod 5g again

>tfw there will never be an mp3 player as good as the ipod 5g again

But there is one already. It's called ipod g7.

I'm not 100% sure but can you synchronize your music without using itunes? That's a big disadvantage if you can't.

Also I think the hardware looks worse, so is the UI.

>but can you synchronize your music without using itunes
Every generation of video iPod/iPod Classic can do that if you install rockbox on it, like you rightfully should.

I've tried using rockbox and didn't like it.

The UI on the 5.5g is simple, esthetic and perfect.

goddamn straight. the classics make it a bitch to put and take a track off of repeat.

rockbox is still pretty unstable on my 80GB classic. which is a shame, i fucking love that thing.

I'm using a Fiio X3ii and I love it, besides a couple quirks I got with it.
The screen is garbage and you can't see shit under the sun and have a hard time seeing under the shade, the UI could be better and the firmware can be a bit wonky at times like with the battery indicator that's completely wrong once it hits three bars.
Besides this, I love everything else about it. Great sound, good driving power, supports micro SDs up to 256gb, can double as a PC DAC/amp and the build quality so far looks great. The clicky hardware wheel is also gr8

Still using the 6th gen iPod, it locks up a lot, anything I can do to alleviate that?

Swap out the hdd for something that doesn't move.

SDD, battery mod. Rockbox if you think it's worth the hassle.

You don't need rockbox for that. I used a foobar2000 plugin and it works too.

I use Media Monkey to sync music to my G7. Works perfectly and is hassle free, and uh, iTunes free but I guess that's the same thing.

I saw in reddit a DIY to put 128 GB and better battery in it.

Mp3 player? Just use your phone you idiot.

The Zune HD was the greatest MP3 player of all time.

you need to go back

As far as size and looks go I think the 2nd gen Nano is the best, but since I can't upgrade the storage capacity in it the 5th gen Classic is my go-to. Would be 7th but I'm not spending $500 on a $240 PMP

iPod Video 5.5g with a solid state drive running rockbox was the tits in hs

5th is better in ever way anyway

No it's not

Oh, sorry