When will Linux finally get decent native media production tools? GIMP and Cinelerra just aren't cutting it

When will Linux finally get decent native media production tools? GIMP and Cinelerra just aren't cutting it.

I'm getting awfully tired of Windows and the MacBook Pro is looking good right now.

GIMP in single window mode is the tits. Get out of here with your whining.

>Mac
>looking good

This, the default is crazy, but once you fix it by setting it to single window mode it becomes perfect. I wonder why retards still have to pirate adobe photoshop when GIMP is perfect for making their dumb memes.

GIMP is nowhere near the functionality level of Photoshop. Like most free software, it's just inferior to the proprietary alternative.

People use Photoshop for more things than making memes. It is the industry standard and used all over the media.

>MacBook Air
>professional

>Air

There probably are a couple of professionals that use Photoshop on here, but the vast majority of Photoshop users here use it to make ms paint memes.

You don't need Photoshop for your shitty frog memes.

Krita is pretty good.

What do normies do when they want to edit pictures? I find it hard to believe they know how to pirate Photoshop

They use GIMP.

Its literally the first app if you search for free image editor or open source image editor.

It's always sour grapes with the Lincucks.

>can't have games on Linux: games are for losers anyway
>Linux doesn't have decent drivers for gaming stuff: games are for faggots, you should buy only the most shitty of hardware
>Linux doesn't have professional software: what do you need professional software for? not a single person in the world needs professional software, I can tell what people need over the Interet
>et cetera

And the best part is when they use Linux only to virtualize a Windows system, and then use games and professional software and stuff that's Windows-exclusive but they never use any Linux stuff. Those are the saddest of Lincucks.

Projecting much dumbass? If you're critical, professional software doesn't run on Linux, don't use it. But saying you can't use Photoshop, when you're "project" could easily be done on ms paint is the same as saying you need a $10k workstation to run Minecraft.

>>can't have games on Linux: games are for losers anyway
what are you talking about? My eroges can play perfectly with wine.

>what is gpu passthrough

The year we have Linux on the desktop. Otherwise the best hope is stuff that started out as in-house tools like Blender and Lightworks.

you're just too dumb to know how to use them

Only thing I wish I had on Linux is good music production tools.

I've looked into some that require you to install a music-oriented distro which is just bananas.

>the tools are not that demanding for the hardware
what?

>app
dumb tripfag

Never

>When will Linux finally get decent native media production tools?

It already has "decent" media production tools and some commercial quality ones.

But to answer your question, not until you decide to pitch in.