Don't want to install any fucking new os I want to keep Windows XP -- if i lock down certain components will i still...

Don't want to install any fucking new os I want to keep Windows XP -- if i lock down certain components will i still get fucked?

are there specific articles on XP that detail how to turn off services that pose threats to security as well as group policy settings that may help?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Address_Extension
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP_Professional_x64_Edition
lmgtfy.com/?q=posready 2009 key
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just buy a router and you'll be fine.

Just remove networking support and you'll be fine.

Just install gentoo and you'll be fine

Just install POSReady 2009.

cane and able

XP user here, I have to say that XP is nice but you really lose out on a lot of modern shit, like a LOT more than u might imagine. Drivers for modern stuff don't always work for XP so you might not be able to use all your hardware. I'm stuck on 32 bit XP for reasons and my machine has 32 gig...

Enjoy your 3.5gb RAM and lack of software support you fucking fags

If you insist on using windows xp I suggest not connecting to the internet, there are just way too many vulnerabilities.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Address_Extension
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_XP_Professional_x64_Edition

>thinking PAE magically gives you unlimited rams

I'm on 32 bit xp dude

>implying I ever said that
All I'm saying is that PAE allows XP to address more than 3.5GB RAM

How to get moar?
I already enabled PAE but my 32 gigs don't show up

>not using gnu/linux with win xp theme

>youtube video teaching you how to rice
lol

sorry linux will always be shite

This, even XP is better

xd just playing around with ubuntu mate, not sure if ill install it

Install a fucking 64 bit version of Windows you faggot

XP with PAE supports up to 4GB RAM, if you want to address more on a 32-bit platform you should use something like Windows Server 2003. It can address up to 64GB RAM.

use something else. there is literally no reason to use xp besides acting like a fucking tryhard to fit in here

But my drivers only work on 32 bit

>there is literally no reason to use xp besides acting like a fucking tryhard to fit in here
It's the best Windows version for my hardware. You really expect me to run Vista with an iGPU that has 10MB shared RAM with 512MB total RAM?

buy a new fucking machine or use something else you fucking idiot

>skylake i7
>iGPU with 10 MB RAM
ok kid

I just bought this fucking machine a few months ago.

>a Core Solo is a Skylake i7
ok kid

>just bought it

jesus christ, get a job and fuck off

love how this thread goes to shite and almost nobody answers op's question...

If I didn't have a job I wouldn't have spent $300 on a computer with such low specs for no reason other than I want it.

just make you have the POS2009 registry tweak to keep getting the latest security updates for a little while longer, have the firewall enabled, and don't be a moron when surfing and downloading stuff.

You can have anti-virus enabled if you want. For the last at least two years of my XP box (a lightning surge finally killed it roughly 1 year ago) I didn't even have an active A/V software; just had MBAM reserved if I was suspicious of something.

Also, make sure the applications you use are up-to-date as well.

>tweaking the registry to pretend it's POSReady 2009 when you can just install POSReady 2009

i don't have a key for postready... gib me one!

if you already got normal XP installed, just making 1 quick change to the registry is easier.

lmgtfy.com/?q=posready 2009 key

Except for the part where they are not the exact same thing so while you are obtaining updates they more than likely aren't updating everything that should be updated. Why risk it when you can spend 20 minutes doing it the proper way?

you're gonna get fucked eventually, you're delaying the inevitable
install gnu/linux

Installing OS takes more than 20 minutes, more like a couple days

>300 bucks for an XP computer
What? You could have gotten something way better than that for way less. No kidding. Some ThinkPads could have been bought with Windows 7 for less than that man.

i see. pos i'm guessing would have less things to keep updated. i assume wepos is lighter than normal xp

Yeah okay buddy