If you don't know Linux, in 20 years you will be as clueless as your parents trying to sign up for Gmail...

If you don't know Linux, in 20 years you will be as clueless as your parents trying to sign up for Gmail. Linux is the future.

>free tards are this delusional
A) Windows will always be at least somewhat relevant on the desktop because PC is the biggest gaming platform
B) Windows won't be replaced by something without huge corporate backing. So that means even if Windows is replaced, it won't really be a victory for free tards. Let's say Google manages to make ChromeOS into a full fledged desktop OS that replaces Windows, would you really be happy that some dumbed down version of Linux that has Google's botnet built in replaced Microsoft's botnet?

But user, Linux is just a kernel.
You mean GNU/Linux.

this will happen only if windows keep on invading privacy until normies realize they need something else.

Unfortunately this sounds a bit more realistic.

i don't know linux at all
still using unix lol

Speaking of linux, I was playing around with my graphics card trying to get it to work with xcom 2 and I entered in a command like update-configure cfg or something I need to find out what it is and it listed like three lgrtx options and a final mesa option which were numbered and have priority like 99 98 and 5. I chose the mesa one and reboot my computer and now the gui is gone anyone know what the command was?

>would you really be happy that some dumbed down version of Linux that has Google's botnet built in replaced Microsoft's botnet?
Definitely, Microsoft needs to die fucking now.
Also Linux has really good support for Chromebooks.

Dunno if Linux is the future, but at a job interview, I mentioned that I use Gentoo, and everyone was really impressed. I actually think it got me the job.

But is Google replacing them really a positive outcome?

Anything is better than microfuck after all the damage they've done to the computing industry.
Google provides all their services for free and their spying is easily opt-out and contributes massively to the open-source industry. The only people they completely shaft is large businesses with too much money to spend on adwords. Did you know car insurance and lawyer ads on Google costs those companies $700 per click? Jesus fucking christ.

>Google fanboys are this delusional

Fuck off microshill.

unfortunately, as much as I'd like GNU/Linux to be the ultimate OS. I don't believe that desktop computers are the future anymore. We may have to get used to tablets and shit like that.

>muh gaymes
>Windows won't be replaced by something without huge corporate backing. So that means even if Windows is replaced, it won't really be a victory for free tards.
>I speak from a single user perspective so that makes the purpose of learning Linux invalid.

Not knowing Unix/Linux in the corporate world doesn't equate to Windows workstations you mongoloid. 90% of server infrastructure is built on Linux and it will keep you employed with large salaries to keep the core of their operations up and running with stability and non-forced major change in such a short notice. Go ahead and keep focusing in on single user experience instead of the broader picture and continue to be a peon tech/underpaid programming mill for the rest of your life.

>in 20 years
You already are clueless. Anyone that still uses Windows/Macs is lumped in with dumb old people that refuse to change and are computer illiterate.

If you're not using a free OS like *BSD or GNU, it's time to change.

Normies don't care. They seriously get offended if you talk shit about Windows 10 around them, It's amusing and sad at the same time.

Someone is asshurt. I didn't say I played games. I said that a lot of people play games on PC. Please if I'm wrong show me.

But Ganoo eslazh Lainucks is a server OS, OP!

Also, if that ever happened it's like we will live in a communist "utopia" in 20 years

can I learn on a chormebook?

will there be any under 100 this blackfriday?

Why are freetards so sensitive? keked

>Andriod is linux you cucklord we already own the phone market look at the zune aswell killed by apple, and ports happen everyday.

>Linux is the future.
ease of use and tablets are the future son

not everyone wants to be an autist typing commands when gestures or voice commands exist

Maybe if linux get some office applications as good as microsoft office and games run as well on linux as they do on windows.

>butt-blasted autistic freetard
Topkek / 10

This will only happen if the next Windows version happens to be shit like 8 was and 10 is to an extent, while at the same time the Linux software ecosystem miraculously becomes as good as Windows, plus some major PC distributors start selling computers with some user friendly linux distro like ubuntu or fedora or mint or something preinstalled and cheap, plus Apple also fucks up something around the same time, plus people dont think Chromebooks are a viable competitor

Most of this seems unreasonable.

I think the issue for most people in the thread is that being so young they have no perspective when it comes to how young Windows is. For them it's always been since the day they were born. Windows will likely be replaced once it's own corporate culture and bloat make it unusable to normies.

Lel

It's pretty unlikely. Most stuff companies use is made for the Windows environment. Windows server, cad programs logistic software etc
They'll probably skip Windows X but hopefully the next big version isn't so cucked.

>
>Anything is better than microfuck after all the damage they've done to the computing industry.
>Google provides all their services for free and their spying is easily opt-out and contributes massively to the open-source industry.
You're so delusional. Try to use any of Google's product without add syndicate and all that shit.
[spoiler]they don't work[/spoiler]
>The only people they completely shaft is large businesses with too much money to spend on adwords.
Wrong
They shaft small businesses for example when they pop up at page 57187 at Google search.

/r/thathappened