Hey wood/g/screws. Lit here

Hey wood/g/screws. Lit here.

I usually download songs off youtube and convert them to 256k mp3. I download the video and convert them manually.

Is there a program that does this? The best convert I saw (freemake) gives you in 192k. Is there any that allows you to vary the bitrate?

My logic behind this is yes, you lose data when you go from lossy to lossy, the best outcome would be to go from lossy to highest possible lossy, so not much is lost during the conversion process.

So the 125k aac to 256k mp3 should be great right? Any programs that does this?

Other urls found in this thread:

h3xed.com/web-and-internet/youtube-audio-quality-bitrate-240p-360p-480p-720p-1080p
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

You know you can play AAC, right?

youtube-dl

>wood/g/screws
you what now

I still use old tech (like mp3 players, and car decks) and this cheap ass one I have doesn't support aac.

Can I vary the bitrate of the conversion?

I got a front end program that uses youtube-dl, and it only gives me 134kmp3s...

Never do this. The audio quality that most of those converters put out is shit. Just download music from Soulseek or get into a private tracker if you're a hipster.

I used to browse/live in Cred Forums from 2008-2010.

Look up your woodscrews memes.

Why would you ever do such a horrible thing?

>Soulseek
Is soul seek the modern day limewire/edonkey/kazaa?

It asked for a password then told me about sharing a folder.

What happens when you have dj remixes you can't get from anywhere else but youtube?

>56674708
1 . 7
P E R C E N T
E
R
C
E
N
T

For maximum easy mode, just get one of those yourtube downloader app/extension/addons that also has a "convert to MP3" function. They probably won't have a bitrate adjustment, but you won't be able to tell the difference anyway. If you could, you wouldn't be downloading your music converted from youtube videos in the first place.

But if you must have your video-to-audio customized conversion, just get ffmpeg. The command to convert video to audio is something like:

ffmpeg.exe -i "YOURVIDEO.MP4" -codec:a libmp3lame -q:a 2 "YOURVIDEO.MP3"

Right advice for the wrong reason. It's not an issue with the quality of the converter. 256kbps mp3 CBR is 256kbps mp3 CBR regardless of what converter you use. The problem is the source. Ripping from youtube will yield low quality audio files that have been compressed to hell and back. Even if the video uploaded had FLAC audio it was converted to much lower bitrate audio and a lot of information was lost to make the filesize smaller and make it easier to store on a server. You are probably downloading 128kbps audio. Converting it to 256kbps won't add that quality back. Once it's gone it's gone for good.

Get your audio from a higher quality source to begin with. Preferably lossless. After that if you want to covert it to mp3 or AAC for whatever reason you can and you gain the benefit of having your choice of bitrate and whether you want to do CBR or VBR and other parameters.

you realist youtube is always 192 so it wont matter if you up scale it wont do anything

fre:ac
its opensource too

Yeah but it's not

OP isn't looking to magically upscale audio, just trying to minimalize the lossiness, like converting a jpeg to png. I say forget it. Just accept the quality insignificant loss. OP is probably not trying to enjoy his pink floyd sitting in his sound isolation chamber with his $500 sennheiser.

>Converting it to 256kbps won't add that quality back. Once it's gone it's gone for good.

Oh, I know I can never get the quality back. What I'm trying to do is lessen the quality /data lost between aac to mp3.

I know if I go from 187aac to 256mp3 less audio will be lost, than if I went 187aac to 128mp3.

$ youtube-dl -f bestaudio URL --audio-format mp3 --audio-quality 256k

Yes, I've used youtube DL to get 256k

Woodgeescrews? Really /lit/?

Freemake youtube downloader is the best I've seen, I get 192k mp3s from 720p videos.
But I'm looking at constant playback and long term storage.

I usually look for a download link in the video, but a lot of times what's on youtube is the only source of it (unless the uploader puts his shit in some private tracker).

Does that sample from 720p(or 480p if 720 is not available) all the time?

h3xed.com/web-and-internet/youtube-audio-quality-bitrate-240p-360p-480p-720p-1080p

Read this article. If you actually care about music quality and long term storage don't download from YouTube.

Don't transcode lossy to lossy. Even at higher bitrates than source you will lose quality. If you're autistic enough go to the /ptg/ and read about what.cd and their interview process for letting you in. There all your needs for mainstream music will be fulfilled. Otherwise use torrent sites like extratorrent or rutracker(Google translate helps, you need to make a free account) or if you don't like torrents then google stuff like Reddit mega dumps or something.

Using something like what.cd. It would be best if I just bought my music I use mouse(lit remember), and my ratio rates are not that bad.

With what.cd I would have hell maintaining my ratio, and I will have to get a seedbox, write some code to download instantly anything new to avoid dropping below threshold... or donate.

I get from popular shit 320k from torrents already, it's the unpopular / obscure shit that's only found on youtube that I get.

It doesnt work like that.

Both file types compress.
You're zipping a zip.

Use a VBR encoding.

JDownloader

It had MP3 converter