Reasons not to use Netflix

> Richard Stallman rejects to watch a movie with a woman
> He says that Netflix make people antisocial

stallman.org/netflix.html

Pure autism

snuff flicks and chill?

>A friend once asked me to watch a video with her that she was going to display on her computer using Netflix. I declined, saying that Netflix was such a threat to freedom that I felt uncomfortable with promoting its use in this way.

>Girl brings you over for "movie and chill" at her place
>Go to her house and sit down in her couch
>She brings forth the computer showing the movie she picked out.
>Tell her that you can't do this because Netflix goes against your freedom.
>Leave her teary eyed.

Wh-what?? Are you leaving Richard? Why??

Oh fuck, I try not to laugh, but I can't.
What a man.

He puts principle before pussy and leads by example, what a man.

Top Kek

Here's what would actually happen:
>Umm... Okay? I mean you can leave if you want then.

>I'm looking for people to...
>write a recipe for how to connect to the WiFi in a Mcdonalds without running its nonfree Javascript code. The recipe could include a free Javascript program I could run, or it could consist of instructions for what I would type into IceCat (our variant of Firefox). It doesn't have't be super convenient, it just has to work.
Freedom ain't free

yeah and the guy who refuses to even use a web browser and just uses wget for every web page sure is a sound voice on avoiding antisocial things...

>freedom before pussy

>A friend once asked me to watch a video with her that she was going to display on her computer using Netflix. I declined, saying that Netflix was such a threat to freedom that I felt uncomfortable with promoting its use in this way.

next level cringe right here

>using a web browser makes one social
Holy shit. This is literally the logic flow of some people on this board.

um yes. facebook, twitter, g+, reddit, etc are accessed via a web browser. you can't post on facebook or use its chat messenger with fucking wget.

and we all know rms does not use mobile apps.

He may be a philosopher more than anything, but you have to respect his dedication and integrity no matter how impractical they might be.

He's right. Why not just torrent the movie instead?

>doesn't watch Netflix at someone else's house
>but is happy to use their internet connection to visit nonfree websites
I can't find the sauce for this, but I swear I read this on his website.

ok what the fuck

The man has sacrificed so much for our technological sins.
I might actually use emacs after reading this.

>social = talking on the net with socially stunted retards and old men pretending to be girls

Get some real friends kid.

Laughed a lot more than I should at this.

>um
>facebook, twitter, g+, reddit
My god this is good bait.

>tfw you realize people like this actually browse Cred Forums
>they're probably posting right now

Stallman is a utilitarian disguised as a philosopher and deep thinker.

His spiels about freedom are a distraction and marketing tactic. Really, it's all about the overall utility gains of altering the software as a product business model and having everyone work on a common set of software that MUST be shared freely. Remember, he started this over a printer driver, not a moral injustice, a minor inconvenience

he managed to hack it anyways, but it was about inconvenience, and saw much inefficiency in the future

social means relating to people or society.
I would consider destroying society or killing the collective goal of civilization since the tyranny of the catholic church anti-social.
Just because what these people does not break the law does not mean they are doing the right thing.
How are we supposed to fight terrorists over seas when there are worse people doing the same thing in the US and getting a lot of money for it?

because it's true or because you're 16 years old and have all your real friends on shitty social media

Holy fuck this reads like /r9k/ stories

Also, from his website it appears that he's blind as well as severely autistic.

>have a conversation while occasionally stroking each other's cheek
l-lewd

>this is his first experience with rms
Are you a new user?

I've seen his website before but only in small autistic chunks, I didn't realise the entire website looks practically unstyled. Does CSS not respect his freedom or something?

>or bird
i just want to feel loved

A bird is fine too

>implying www = internet

ok now tell me how watching movies does strengthen relationships to the point if someone was bankrupt that you'd hold out a hand to him?

Autism

I fucking love stranger things

Because I feel bad for people that actually have this kind of ''friends''.

He just cucked himself. The fucking neegro.

Why does the botnet want me to not have a girlfriend?

haha holy shit that cannot be real

I just sold my netflix shares and cancelled my sub.

That's a nice sum.
How does one get into stock trading? Is /biz/ just memes or is it actually good?

This.

It's gambling for the rich

He's a dumb commie jew, but he is right about Netflix and media consumption patterns in general. It encourages slavery to material and mocks social connections, rending society to pieces of niche interest echo chambers.

Thanks Richard, and your right again, as usual, but I was antisocial long before i ever netflix.

> Richard Stallman rejects to watch a movie with a woman

> He says that Netflix make people antisocial

>Then decided to take her to the park where they bang in front of the swing set

>antisocial

>ywn be as alpha as stallman

The guy literally rejects a bitch for using nonfree software

>Blocking access through VPNs.
Am I the only one that figured out that you just need to disable web rtc?