Have to use some botnet browser in Windows to take exams for one of my classes because "it prevents cheating"

>have to use some botnet browser in Windows to take exams for one of my classes because "it prevents cheating"
FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS IS BULLSHIT IF I WANTED TO CHEAT I COULD JUST USE A VM

Other urls found in this thread:

respondus.com/products/lockdown-browser/
support.respondus.com/support/index.php?/default_import/Knowledgebase/Article/View/201/17/i-receive-a-warning-the-browser-cant-be-used-in-virtual-machine-software-such-as-virtual-pc-vmware-and-parallels
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

respond

What browser?

respondus.com/products/lockdown-browser/

>FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS IS BULLSHIT IF I WANTED TO CHEAT I COULD JUST USE A VM
It doesn't werk in a virtual machine. What you can do though is install it on a Windows host and then remote into the Windows host from a GNU/Linux machine.

>It doesn't werk in a virtual machine
Since when?

I used that lame shit too. It makes you close media players as if those are relevant to browsers. I just used some flavor of VNC to answer the questions while I looked up all the answers on my laptop.

>Cisco exams
>alt+tab out of the browser, google answers, ace everything

support.respondus.com/support/index.php?/default_import/Knowledgebase/Article/View/201/17/i-receive-a-warning-the-browser-cant-be-used-in-virtual-machine-software-such-as-virtual-pc-vmware-and-parallels

>The other possible cause of the VM warning are leftover virtual machine device drivers such as the VMWare Pointing Device mouse driver from a previous installation of VMWare
>Even having VMWare installed breaks this piece of shit
I'm just going to tell my uni that I can't afford Windows so they'll have to provide me with a computer to take the exam with.

Dutch UT faggot spotted. Lockdown browser is shit though, Chrome notifications go right through it.

Don't worry. I'm sure you can use one of the poo in loo computers in the library.

LOL
What are you studying anyway?
I can't imagine any serious school resorting to this kind of bullshit.

mfw you now have to walk an entire half a mile take exams in the library

Genetics.

It's for some shitty Psych class I have to take.

No they give you tablets or some other piece of shit to take the exam on.

If you're using D2L download Firefox version 43. For some reason it for me it doesn't show that I need lockdown for it when I'm on that version.

>online exams
tfw this is a thing

No wonder this world goes to shit.
What the fuck is stopping someone from just using a separate PC/device for googling answers in the worst case?

They say you won't because it wouldn't be as easy and you could resist the temptation if it involved getting another device.
Like, nigga, I got my phone out in less than a second.

a friend just told me qemu/KVM just werks

>online exams
The dumbest shit is that you can't take the exam at home; you still have to go to the exam period to take the exam with this dumb browser.

I don't know why this department seems to think scantrons are hard to use.

I knew someone that could open tabs in lockdown browser. He said he had a fucked up Chrome install or something which somehow allowed him to. You can also open a new window by clicking on an external link.

as others already stated, it won't work in vm's

>Genetics.
what kind of coursework do you have? is it masters or bachelors?

Just google answers on your phone if you want to cheat, senpai.

I don't want to cheat. I want to take the fucking exam and be done with it.
I don't know what the coursework actually entails as I haven't completed the pre-reqs for the major because I'm a poorfag and dumb. Right now it's organic chem and biology, next semester same except add in physics. Probably more work than if I was just going for the BSc because I'm trying to do medicine.

Is writing about mental illness struggles in your medschool applications a guaranteed way to get denied?

This is why it is important to use a free OS; it gives you leverage to fight back against oppressive bullshit like this.

If this is university, YOU (or something in your proxy) are paying for this shit, they have to listen to YOU. You're not in fucking grade school any more. They are supposed to be working for you. You pay their salary. You fund their bullshit. Fight back and stop taking this shit up the ass, kids.

Holy fuck, if any goddamn university in my day tried to pull something like this shit, we'd just fucking laugh at them.

>This is why it is important to use a free OS; it gives you leverage to fight back against oppressive bullshit like this.
you live in your own little fantasy world, don't you
>Probably more work than if I was just going for the BSc because I'm trying to do medicine.
good luck, user

>using GNU is fantasy
>demanding fairness and rejecting bullshit is fantasy
You are the kind of person Microsoft execs have wet dreams about.

People have been complaining about using this piece of shit at my uni since 2008. It's still common among all disciplines.

Havr you tried to spoof your user agent in firefox?

Other user.

It does not include Respondus. I tried it before.

Oh. Do you have the exe? Is it protected? Patching fullscreen should be pretty straightforward if you have some experience in reversing

Couldn't you install firefox and get a fake agent plugin? Seems like less trouble

Use Qemu with KVM or Xen. It probably won't get detected.

If chrome notifications bypass it, couldn't you just write a script that gives you notifications as answers?

Yes he could. And he could also say "I don't own windows" or "I don't know how to use Windows as I've never used it"

When I was taking my Pharm admission exam they had a similar system going.
I was very temped to alt-tab but they had screen recording on and didn't want to push my luck.

Pearson uses the most cancer screens by the way. After 4 hours of staring at the shitty LCD I had blurred vision for a good 2 hours.

They did when I was in college