Will AMD disappoint with Vega like they did with Polaris, Cred Forums?

Will AMD disappoint with Vega like they did with Polaris, Cred Forums?

what's wrong with Polaris? it's far better competing with NVidia than previous budget offerings

Literally 99% of all the available benchmarks out there disagree with you, pal!

Of course they will. And that's not just particular to AMD. Everything in life will disappoint you. It never fails to, until you finally break down and stop having expectations.

If my expectations are low, will I still get disappointed regarding the topic at hand?

scared misaki face

AMD is basically dead at this point.

Yeah but most of us wanted a 490

No matter how low your expectations are it's probably going to end up a lot worse.

So you're upset that Polaris wasn't Vega. Sure, that seems reasonable.

What are you on about.
That would be 590 i wanted a 1080 competitor.

You're retarded. RX 490 is Vega.

must have been painful pulling that out of your anus

Yeah and itll be 6 months late.
I expect it to beat the crap out of 1080.
Rumour was original 490 was Polaris that they couldn't get yields managable enough foe.

>RX 490 is Vega.
[citation]

'no'

and it will be shit. if a garbage tier card like the 480 has higher power consumption than a fucking 1070 then the 490 and it's 6000+ cores will be a literal housefire and be no better than a 1080 and not even close to a 1080 ti.

If they're close enough to ivy/sandy at ipc with more cores to boot, they will win.

Dell will not use Polaris in their high end laptops and even if they are recently partnered with AMD.

Vega only needs to compete with the 1070/1080 and not the Titan XP.

If it's about twice the size of a RX 480 (400-450mm^2) it should be enough to compete with GTX 1080. But that'll be more expensive for AMD to make. Don't expect it to undercut Nvidia much.

when Nvidia's weakest card destroy's AMD's flagship you know which side has already won out

this
AMD's only solution to the 980ti was to make a fucking housefire clocked at 999gigahertz and strap a watercooler on it hoping itll work. "Muh Vega" will be no different.

Stop being poor and just get Intel+Nvidia, OP. Better than having expectations in AMD.

Can we drop the memes, please? Let's keep this thread a shit-flinging free zone!

Is it legitimately a good idea to buy a 1070 if Vega is around the corner?

The sad part is with this card AMD still leaves you more voltage wriggle room than Nvidea does on any of their cards.

reminder

>Is it a legitemately good idea to buy a BMW when I can get a Yugo?
if you can afford a BMW why consider the Yugo

AMD, like Yugo, is a joke for poorfags

the nano outperforms the 480 and has the same power draw

your logic is non existant

980ti only exists because of fury you retard. Fury was originally gonna catch Nvidea with their pants down undercutting titan X so Green team beat them to the punch. Close competition gave us a great card. This is why fanboys are cancer

This is why we need Vega. So Nvidia can BTFO AMDfags with a god-tier 1080ti, just like how the 1060 killed any reason to get a 480

Nvidia works best when theyre putting AMD pajeets in their place.

Meh. Ill things considered id like the possibility to go back to amd so i don't have to flash custom bios to overclock past baby tier voltages

>Overclocking AMD when they already ship literal housefires
Just buying AMD is retarded as it is, youre taking it to another level

hence why polaris was the biggest disappointment in recent history. there were even some reviewers and posters on here saying that going down the rebrand route again would have actually benefited amd more than releasing a whole new arch since a shrunk r9 nano would have better power consumption than a 480 but also be cheaper to manufacture and outperform the 480 by a massive margin whilst having the potential to be sold at a similar price.

r9 nano had that expensive HBM memory though

people forget it was like 500 bucks for GTX 1060 performance

Seem to have forgotten the cost and yield of HBM, yeah? Nano is a top binned FuryX

>being to poor to afford proper cooling.
>being so stupid he doesn't understand it would just throttle.
Kek.

>Being to poor to afford a Nvidia
no wonder you have to worry about "proper cooling"

i'm sure the amd pajeets aren't so stupid that they can't design a new fiji chip with a memory controller that can utilize gddr5/x. it would have been at least gtx 1060 levels of performance or maybe even better than that.

>the extra $50-100 is a legitimate deal breaker
You shouldn't be wasting money on any frivolities if you're that hard up for money.
My point is AMD is a choice some people just want to go with, nothing more or less.

if Poolaris is such a failure why is it bringing *almost* 4k performance to consoles and a nice deal with Apple?

its almost as if desktop gaymen isn't really AMD's main market anymore and they're looking at other things.

Yes
It will finally be time for AMDrones to go all pic related

>Will disappoint with like they did with , Cred Forums?
The answer is always yes. Companies will never, ever, EVER produce anything up to standards. All they care about is making money and doing the least effort possible for it. I have only been able to say "this thing was worth the fucking money" a handful of times in my life

they already did back in June when the 480 turned out to be complete shit, and combined with all the false hype and pajeet shilling that came beforehand it created a massive shockwave of AMDrone butthurt. pls no, this board is shit as it is.

The AMD product release cycle
> is gonna be great guys, it's gonna fucking blow Intel/Nvidia away!
>Raja gets on the podium and says "this new AMD product will make us not-shit, we promise!"
>Months pass by with no word from AMD, chinks and pajeets release tidbits of info and fake benchmarks giving false hope for AMDrones, causing shill threads to go up to a all time high
>Close to release, actual benchmarks come out and it turns out it's complete shit
>AMDrones make every attempt to deny it, claiming said website are shills or whatever
>AMD product gets released and to no surprise it is either complete shit/nothing impressive
>Aftershock causes a massive wave of AMDmad butthurt on Cred Forums
>AMDfags have to justify their purchases with shit like "y-yeah but its got Async!"
>Nvidia/Intel releases a better alternative to said product and everyone normal just goes with that instead
>Eventually drones give up and wait for the next AMD product

Rinse and repeat

>490 will rape the 1080, guies!
t. AMD
>release day
>about even with the 1080
>slightly better on AMD games
>fucking horrible on jewvidia games
2 weeks later 1080ti is released.