So my weak ass LG G4 has had the dreaded bootloop for 2 weeks now. I need a cheap micro sim compatible phone now

So my weak ass LG G4 has had the dreaded bootloop for 2 weeks now. I need a cheap micro sim compatible phone now.

Any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/lgg4/comments/45gfg2/dae_g4_series_msm_big_core_disable_tool_guide/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Moto g4 play

>Moto g4 play
nice

Can't you just put it on Flash/download mode and recover it from there?

Apple iPhone 4S
Not kidding

i cant get past the boot up logo, LG said its due to faulty soldering in the G4

Nexus 6

The same exact thing happened to me and now I'm looking for a similar phone.
I was thinking about the Sony Xperia C5 but I heard the battery is pretty average.

amazon fire phone, they go dirt cheap second hand and have 2013 high-end specs

>amazon fire phone
looks like amazon discontinued that phone :( would have been nice though

have you tried opening it up and repairing it? if it's a common problem you should be able to find a guide online to walk you through it

just get a replacement at your carrier?? i got a replacement for a bootlooped g4 device for free within a week

my carrier (((AT&T))) wont replace it cause my glass screen protecting my camera lens is cracked.... fucking bullshit

Did you ever register it with LG for the warranty? The vast majority of consumers (like 90%+) don't ever actually do that. Find your receipt if you still have it, scan it into your computer, modify the dates on the image using some image editor so it looks like you purchased back in May of 2016 (regardless of when you did actually buy it).

Then go to LG's website, register it along with the date from the edited receipt, wait a few days then contact them and have 'em fix it/ship you a newer one.

Or I'll take it off your hands and do that myself.

I actually did that and they gave me the OK to ship it in. i just have no clue how to ship it in,

Also:

>nice quads OP

reddit.com/r/lgg4/comments/45gfg2/dae_g4_series_msm_big_core_disable_tool_guide/

There's a link in the OP of that thread with the files needed to get the phone functional again temporarily (actual LG supplied files) but it won't fix the issue for a long period of time.

So contact them again and get the address of the service center. If it's under warranty technically they should be emailing you a FedEx shipping label - you print that out, take the phone to a local FedEx office, FedEx will box it and ship it, it costs you nothing.

They should have told you that when you contacted them and provided you with an RMA number as well. Call 'em up again or chat 'em up online and get that fucking thing replaced.

How good is it?

you can replace those for 10$

That happened to me, took it to my service provider to get repaired, but they took over a week so had to provide me with a replacement. Luckily for me they didn't have the LG G4 so they sent me out an LG G5.

It's not a GOOGLE PLAY DEVICE like the Moto X Play was meaning it's got bare Android on it. The name is confusing people: the Moto G4 Play model is just another model, it still has the Motorola bloatware on it and it can have advertisements to subsidize the cost like the one Amazon is selling to Prime members for $99.

It's not a pure Android device, not even close like previous actual Play models of Moto devices were.

You were better off with the G4 to be honest, even if it does have some problems.

Can you remove shit like with root?

Of course but it's easier to just disable the damned bloat apps on the device and get over it. You're not gaining any additional storage space by actually uninstalling them since the system partition is a set size anyway.

True. But how about the ads.

LG is reparing phones with this issue for free, just send them an email. My screen was even cracked when I sent it in and they fixed everything for free.

>no NFC in anno domini 2016