>649$
649$
>649$
649$
>649$
649$

for the 5" version

Other urls found in this thread:

androidpolice.com/2016/09/19/pricing-smaller-google-pixel-phone-start-649-financing-will-available/
youtube.com/watch?v=k_PK_6F_Bhk
youtube.com/watch?v=cQ62ixgzhrI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I only charge $100 for my black 10"

source?

androidpolice.com/2016/09/19/pricing-smaller-google-pixel-phone-start-649-financing-will-available/

This is some bullshit. I'll stick to Chinese phones forever.

did people just want google to make 0 profit on their phones forever? still $100 cheaper than everything else

If it's $650 I'm just going to buy an iphone 6s.

This is why i moved away from the nexus phones (the 5 was my last one). Im sorry Google, but you dont have the brand rep like Apple has to charge Apple prices.

People aren't going to spend Apple prices for non-apple products, for the same reason people dont spend Bentley prices on Fords.

>spending more than $300 on a phone

Shiggy. Why do you need all that processing power?

Kinda ugly for that kind of money.

Waterproofing?

Just buy a 5x or 6p for a third of the price.

no lightbar no purchase

This.

I just buy the "OMFG THIS IS THE GREATEST PHONE EVER " two years later for 1/3 the price.

Well they have their chance to be like Samsung and Apple, why not?

DoA

Nexus 5 anyone else?

true, i guess its their time to churn out a massive flop

Jesus Christ, it's like they're turning into Microsoft.

>tfw this will make the previous gen even cheaper
cant wait to get that 6p 64gig for 300 bucks or less

This shit better fuckin have a QHD AMOLED screen and some form of front facing speakers (1 or 2). This is insane for a fucking 5" phone and I'm hyped, but it better not be a letdown like the abomination that was the 6P.

I worked as an IT guy for a specific Macys store when that shit came out, preordered, and the thing slightly bent in my very generously sized slacks pockets. Are you shitting me? On top of that, only one truly front facing speaker.

Why would an IT guy for a thousands of stores retailer need to be at one store only everyday?

HTC is going to shit the bed with this one. I have no faith in them.

So $650 for the 32gb model with no micro sd card slot?

Well fuck

>only one truly front facing speaker.

top kek you got the 5x then, the 6p has dual speakers

I'm N5 still, it's great but battery is bad. I've also cracked the screen but it's not a terrible crack.

It's a great phone if it had a better battery and an AMOLED screen.
I'd also have advocated for 720p. 1080p is unnecessary and I could save more battery that way.

I feel you, I own a HTC One X and although it's worse than a N5, the hardware is good enough for me (with the custom rom I installed it's very smooth) but the battery is kinda meh

Doesn't have to be an old ass phone. I got a 9/10 lg v10 from eBay few months back.

I meant to say I got the v10 for under $300

Nexus 5 user here. The battery did not age well at all. It barely lasts half of a day now. There's also the audio driver bug that makes all video recordings sound like they're underwater unless you install an unofficial patch from XDA.

It was a fantastic phone when it was released. But I would not buy another Nexus device after this experience.

I wonder if they'll still be marked down during the Thanksgiving/Christmas season like the 5x and 6p were.

Lol, the 5x 32gb retailed for $430 on release and was selling for $240 6 months later.

The iPhone 6 16gb still retails for $330 used on eBay

If I wanted to spend over $450 on a phone It'd be an iPhone.

As it's the only Android device Worth owning that isn't a Chinese device that probably doesn't last past 3 years, I think it's a fine price
Fuck it though if there's no sd. Streaming services are shit, especially when tied to a mobile carrier

It doesn't seem worth it to spend over $500 on a phone nowadays unless you do "hardcore gaming" on your phone. A lot of phones between $200-300 now have fingerprint readers, 1080p screens, long battery life, and powerful enough to run any non-gaming app well.

not unreasonable

kekd

>no microSD

16GB

Is this true? Fuck as a burger I understand why the american phone meme exists - seems like there are only two phones available from commercials (galaxy and iphone). I hear about other phones here but don't really pay attention because I only upgrade when I break my phone about every 5 years.

Actually I upgraded from my Moto Razr while it still worked but that thing was not ever going to break

Fucking ugly!

It's not $650

>it's $649

> slowmemeSD
> not haviing 256gb of internal storage

It's just a rumor you fucks. Wait until it's actually announced to see the real price.

I recently got the 5X and think it's fanfuckingtastic.

Google wtf are you doing?

>inb4 it's even higher

Have you ever seen the insides of HTC phones? It's a wonder they actually not boot.

>Pixel brand phone
>Costs a lot

In other news, Rain makes you wet when you stand in it.

The Pixel brand is not about value. They're meant to be Halo devices. Machines that cost a ridiculous amount because of the experience they afford in terms of hardware and software, versus the numbers you get on a piece of paper. Liken it to a Lexus versus a Toyota or Audi to a VW. You can get WAY more car, even with similar if not identical features, for way less money with the Toyota/VW versus it's luxury twin. But the lexus/Audi has better fit and finish, more luxurious trim, a better driving experience, and more features standard. You pay more for a better experience, even if the Luxury car shares the same track-day performance figures and EPA mileage with it's mainstream brethren.

When they announced the Pixel branding for the phones, I knew they were gonna be iPhone levels of cost. But with iPhone levels of build quality and support.

its

Apple can afford to ask for luxury price because they actually have a "better fit and finish, more luxurious trim, a better driving experience".
They don't have more features because well, it's Android we're talking about, but since the apps are usually a gorillion times more well crafted they have that going for them.
No one wants to pay 650 for barebones Android just because it's "the way it's meant to be used" by Google because Android alone isn't what you're using, you're using apps people develop for it and Google don't touch a finger to do QC on those.

Good verk, Shlomo. 15 shekkles have been deposited into your Google Play account.

Are they confirmed to be manufactured by Google? I hear HTC is making them but I also hear that they're gonna be manufactured by google. Or is it that Google designed them and HTC is manufacturing. I am confused.

Google is all about functionality. They are just way more usable than anything from Apple.

If they start going for some shiny piece of shit like Apple does, instead of actual usability, then there is no way I will buy this phone.

I really doubt it though. It would be a huge mistake. If the high end model is $649 that's fine, but they better make the smaller version cheap because the 6E is only $400.

Here's my prediction:

5.5 inch Pixel - $599

5 inch Pixel - $399

> scamscum = ISIS
> pixel = HTC = literally who?
> nexus DROPPED

is this the end of android?

>6E

I mean iPhone SE

Admit it, all of you here are inherently just poorfags and like Android because it's cheaper.

There's no fucking way I'm paying more than $200 for a device I barely use. Poorfag, I guess.

Still cheaper than an iPhone.

The iPhone SE is only $400 unlocked and that's a decent price.

I tried it out though and it's total shit because iOS is garbage and the design is so fucking awful.

I use Android because it's just plain better.

Honestly most Americans are pretty dumb. One friend spends 100% of his time on Reddit and couldn't understand why someone wouldn't want to upgrade every year. Most are brainwashed from sitting in front of a TV all day that they need a new phone. It's sad

It depends on how much you use your phone. If you use it for work like I do, it literally pays to have the best features in some cases. If you don't use it a lot, no reason to get anything special.

iPhone 7 was literally $649 on launch dude.

Isn't this sort of design kinda outdated?

Next year everyone will go with all-glass enclosures, maybe with some metal reinforcements (or frame).

This looks a bit like HTC's A9. Like a worse version of A9, and it's not even cheap for a google phone.

Playing Unity games is "work"?

They've only got one year left to copy Apple before they swap their designs next year lad.

>$649
>looks ancient
>no expandable storage
>inferior Android camera software (regardless of actual camera specs)
>enough

i'm switching teams boys, i'm done with this shit

i'm not sure what work you do, but it's actually better to use an older phone for development. if you design apps that perform well on older hardware, you will see higher adoption rates and higher satisfaction with your software.

the difference between an iphone 5s and a 7 is almost trivial for a typical person. we're in an age where tech for the average consumer hasn't needed improvements for a long time, but somehow the marketing undercurrents have pushed us to buy, buy, buy. shit, my mom has a 7... for what? she takes pictures and browses facebook. people who have trouble paying their mortgage are buying new iphones every year... it fucking baffles me.

>tfw swapped to iphones after years of using Android
>tfw actually prefer it now

how do you shitpost? Pretty much the only things I'm going to miss are Google Now and Clover

Optical image stabilization, better photographing and color support, longer battery life, are all hugely noticeable to normies. People like you and me who don't take pictures of ourselves or our outdoor trips don't notice these things because we never use them.

>i'm not sure what work you do

I'm not a programmer, I do on-site IT support.

Things like response time, signal strength, speed, battery life, system stability, and security, are all critical for making the customer happy in my line of work where all communications go through my phone.

>*google makes a feature phone*
>omg fuck these gimmick phones why not just makes something that WORKS!@?!?

>*google makes a plain phone*
>OMG where's the gimmicks i want my money's worth!!!

I'm actually quite comfortable using the mobile browser and haven't had a single problem posting on Cred Forums with it. The only thing I miss is that it doesn't store saved-from-Cred Forums pictures in their own separate folder by default, but I don't really save a lot of pictures on mobile for this to be an inconvenience, since I can send them directly to my desktop anyway without needing to sync.

I never used Google Now, but I find Siri to be incredibly useful, especially since it no longer needs to be plugged in for "Hey Siri" to work if you have that setting enabled. I use it multiple times a day. The only problem is, like with Google Now, lack of discoverability. I had no idea I could schedule, and then reschedule to any arbitrary date, appointments and events with Siri until like last week. I think that Voice is an inherently opaque medium for controlling a phone anyway though, all voice assistants seem to suffer from this problem except for maybe Cortana, and that's because Microsoft published developer guides, tutorials, etc. on MSDN and push them very hard. It's very easy to do things once you get started though.

>Google makes a feature phone
>it has a tiny non-serviceable battery, no SD slot, and other shortcomings
>it costs the same as a Samsung flagship anyway

>Google makes a plain phone
>it has 2gb ram and costs $450

>looks like an iphone
>priced like an iphone
>has all the drawbacks of an iphone
Why not just buy an iphone? At least then you'll be guaranteed OTA updates that aren't tied to your carrier and won't stop after the next phone is released in a year.

Just look at the Huawei honor 5x, Blu phones, moto g, redmeme note 3, etc. You'll not get fancy waterproof, wireless scanning, Android pay, etc but you will be able to do most of your basic needs.

The top speaker barely had any volume. It was laughable trying to watch a movie where one side was louder than the other.

It was a weird position that was supposed to be for 2 years, but since I brought the store's tech back from the dead in under 9 months, they wanted me to become a regular sales manager for half the pay ($12 an hour) so I bailed and started working as a info systems analyst for Boeing. I still visit that store occasionally and they're unbelievably salty from the bullshit I would pull at the store and how I've moved up at such a young age (associates loved me, managers despised me).

>$649
>for a plastic 5" phone

>wireless scanning
*Wireless charging

>The top speaker barely had any volume.

That's because it's not a speaker, it's a earpiece. For phone calls. You either got a 5X or a defective 6P.

this is exactly why I'm switching
carrier-specific updates are planned obsolescence bullshit. not that the manufacturers themselves aren't in on it too

look at this piece of fuck

are you fucking kidding me right now Google

>no SD slot
>probably 2gb ram
>probably tiny shit battery that lasts 16 hours max, like every previous Nexus (lol Pixel whatever)
>no new OS updates after precisely 3 years even though barely anything has really changed (2gb of ram should actually be enough, but again, planned obsolescence)
>iphone pricing
>chinese knockoff styling

fuck everything

>spending more than $100

>buying a Google-branded phone ever

Uhh Nexus/Pixel guarantees OTA updates

Also iOS is garbage compared to Android

jesus fuck...at this rate I rather just buy a battery replacement for my original nexus 5 and wait for the Oneplus 4 or somethign

meh i respectfully disagree, android is all over the place with ugly crap. at least ios is consistent and you delete crapple apps.

>Iphone 7 is meme tier
>All android flagship options have software issues or are overpriced
>Essentially impossible for any other alternatives to gain traction barring a massive fuckup by Apple
yes, for the time being
i think chinkshit will be our savior as more normies realize that all they need are instagram machines and brands like huawei and xiaomi gain traction

>16GiB with no SD
ultimate meme

iOS is just really badly designed compared to Android.

Multi-tasking is a disaster on iOS.

Also everything is so locked down that you can't even do so many things in iOS.

LastPass doesn't even work right because they don't even let apps interact with each other.

Can't even download a Cred Forums app on iOS.

Can't gain much traction if normies use imessage.

the userbase of normalfags who are too poor to pay for texts on their contracts has split into 50 different alternatives for some reason so hopefully this meme will die in the next year or so

Any phone above 300 bucks is just normies being fuckstupid consumers.

Finish reading the post.
>and won't stop after the next phone is released
The Nexus 4, released in 2012, is no longer updated by Google. The iPhone 5, also released in 2012, still received iOS 10 when every other iPhone did, including iPhone 7.

>Multi-tasking is a disaster on iOS.

youtube.com/watch?v=k_PK_6F_Bhk

k bud

iPhone?

Pausing apps isn't anything like the real multitasking Android provides.

So the alternative is shutting the app down and having to open it back up in less than 3 minutes is real multitasking?

>LastPass doesn't even work right because they don't even let apps interact with each other.

meanwhile every other password manager works just fine using the APIs given for communication between apps....sounds like a problem with LastPass.

>dumb fucking slab of glass that goes down 1/3 into the back of the phone even if it already has FUCKING ANTENNA LINES RUNNING DOWN BELOW IT
>flash on wrong side, three (3) microphone openings (two if one of them is laser autofocus, still too many)

>proximity and light sensors way too close to the screen
>fuckhueg bezels
>camera on the wrong side
>volume rocker on the wrong side
>no dual stereo speakers

what is this fucking atrocity of design
they're charging 650 dollars for THIS piece of shit???
fuck google, apple better blow it out of the park with the next iphone

The 7's already out and already did that.

Fuck off iCuck. Go back to

they blew it with the headphone jack, i am not buying a phone without a headphone jack
it's mostly rhetorical, anyway, there's no way i could stand iOS's UX design and closed borders for more than two days

>no camera bump
>looks pretty "thick"

Is Google/htc finally doing it? Are they going to make a slightly thicker phone with a huge battery?

mad cause bad

>did people just want google to make 0 profit
Google should pay me for filling those fucking Captcha challenges. Fucking Moot.

>they blew it with the headphone jack, i am not buying a phone without a headphone jack

3 years later you'll be rationalizing your purchase of a chink phone that only has a USB-C port

Yes, but USB C is an actual standard, unlike the lightning piece of shit on iToddler devices.

Gamecube/Wii emulation.

Also Play! the PS2 emulator is making steady strides.

This phone looks like a piece of shit.

The best thing about the nexus 5 was how ergonomic it was. still the most comfortable smart phone ive ever used. if its battery and camera weren't a piece of shit i would still be using it every day.

Also, when will google ever implement a proper fully integrated autobackup system (full system nightly backup to google drive like apple and samsung)
Also it's missing the ability keep local storage in sync with google drive so as to be able to access files effortlessly elesewhere.

cloud backup, cloud sync, class leading camera, class leading battery, packaged into the original nexus 5 body and that would be my forever phone.

Has anybody heard any juicy rumours about the upcoming nokia phones?

>tfw you have viber, whatsapp, telegram, facebook messenger and normal sms all on your phone
>tfw you send someone a message
>"oh user, plz don't text me, use this app [botnet messenger] instead

I hope this rumour is not true. Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, 5 and 6 were all reasonably priced.

"Do not be evil". Greed is evil, Google.

Or is it already [current year] and "do not be evil" is obsolete?

kek, so true

Google has never been evil, no matter how much you consumertards scream.
Their spying is completely opt-out and they funnel huge companies' money through adwords into amazing free products for everyone to use.

just going to leave this here

>Google has never been evil, even though they spy on you
I see!

They don't spy on you. They collect data you willingly agree to send in exchange for their services.

I have a feeling this is more of an HTC money grab. The htc 10 was also 769 for the 32gb at the time of launch.

>tfw sister bought a new phone that has more processing power than my stock i5_2500k

The fuck???

Yeah, and google financing has been know to reject people with a credit score of over 700...

I hate how everyone takes financing for granted, as if everyone can get it, and as if it's a good idea to finance anything.

Well fuck, I guess I have to sell my OPX to afford this shit, I hope this isn't accurate because I am getting this on release day

Impossible

This. I don't mind doing a 2 year contract if it means I can get the phone relatively cheap and only have to spend money on it once, but fuck the "$30+ a month" bullshit nearly every phone carrier is pulling now or the over-inflated prices on phones now. Especially when there is a used market with so many decent phones that go for next to nothing now.

>taking geekbench seriously
I bet you have less than 50IQ as well.

>standard
>"if its a standard it must be good amirite"

Its only universal because its cheap to manufacture.
Its only universal because its cheap to manufacture.
Say it with me, its only universal because its cheap to manufacture.

Its also really, really, really, really easy to make a USB port proprietary as fuck because there is zero enforcement of the specification or protocol because the end game is to be as cheap as possible. Everything else be damned.

Considering Apple's obsession with "muh user experience" is it all that surprising that they developed their own solution that would allow them to maintain a level of control over the minimum level of quality of the cable?

Besides even if Apple did use USB-C, it was going to be USB-C with proprietary extensions on top, to enforce a minimum standard of quality (while getting royalty money on the side of course) because being a standard doesn't mean its not proprietary.

TL;DR: USB is awesome because its cheap, that's it.

Even then, it's completely opt-out.

>They don't spy on you. They collect data you tick "accept" on in a EULA that is 300 pages of lawyerspeak.
I see!

>2019
>iPhones are btfo on geekbench
> 5 threads on Cred Forums reposting the geekbench scores "Applefags btfo lmao"

Unless I'm retarded and it doesn't add up 1:1 in different architecture? Her phone said octo core, 4x2.3GHz and 4x1.6GHz.

That shit adds up more than 4x3.3GHz.

they are only going to get better and better in comparison to the stagnated exploding/feature lacking other companies are shitting out.

Fuck, it's amazing how somebody could be this fucking retarded. Kill yourself, right fucking now.

You're not considering IPC and more importantly, thermal throttling.

Apple will always cheat these scores, meanwhile everyone else try to amp up real performance.

>hardcore gaming
>phone overheats and throttles itself
>battery dead in an hour

TECHNOLOGY

mobile gaming is cancer in so many ways.

Still rocking my S4 which I have yet to feel the need to upgrade.

>Apple is the only manufacturer cheating on benchmarks
>Ignores all the evidence of just about every other manufacturer fudging the scores.

This is some Fox News tier denial.

After you user.

I dunno dude. That's like saying a minivan goes faster than a Ferrari because the guy in the Ferrari didn't push the gas pedal.

Point is that you will effectively get much better performance on a 2500K than whatever mobile chip you're talking about because of, mainly, lack of cache, sufficient cooling, etc.

>>Shiggy. Why do you need all that processing power?
Because fuck waiting for anything. If anything I do on my phone isn't as close to instant as reasonably possible it's wrong.

>no bump

sign me up to the botnet

The idiocracy is here, hail the king

He kind of has a point. But I doubt the apple connector is any "better" than any mini usb cord/port, but still he's right in theory

There's a big difference between spying and tracking.

Google tracks what you do, anonymously, to provide ads that are targeted to your demographic. All of this can also be opted out of in options.

Google does not spy on you.

Seems like a fair price for a decent phone desu. People are just mad they aren't super budget like the last three Nexus phones were. People here are quick to forget the Nexus One, Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus were flagship priced.

What are the huge bezels for?

Why use snapdragon 820 instead of 821?

this so much, Google is the best tech company in the world

>Nexus 6
>reasonably priced

This is actually true. Remember the whole USB-C fiasco where most of the cables available on amazon would fry whatever was hooked up to them? Yeah, that doesn't happen with lightning cables because apple has to certify them, and if it DOES happen apple can revoke that company's license to produce cables.

>is no longer updated by Google
Actually incorrect, you still receive updates via Play services.

The worst thing about this is they decided to not use the guy that designed the chromebook pixel for this. If I wanted an iPhone i'd buy an iPhone

Yeah this, why isn't the Pixel phone a phone-sized version of the Pixel C? That would've been slick as hell

Real question, does google still sends out monthly security patches for old devices? I think I read somewhere some tabled that died on 5.0 still received patches for a while.

If you dont think you can get knock off chink lighting cables then you have no clue what sup

Are there any leaked specs?

Not on really old phones but services and apps still update as long as they are compatible with the API version you are on, most are.

Of course, but you have to make a conscious decision to buy shitty non-MFi cables and you know the risk that comes with buying them. There's no such distinction with USB cables; cheap crap cables and good cables don't look all that different, and you can't use price as an indicator either (some low cost USB cables are actually really great) – it's more or less a lottery. You can get around this to some extent by sticking to a single trusted vendor like Monoprice or AmazonBasics, but even that's no guarantee… For years Monoprice sold minidisplayport -> displayport cables with a fucked pinout that can damage your graphics card and/or monitor and AmazonBasics still does even now.

Im not so sure, I see lighting cables right next to the Type C cables/Micro USB cables at my local gas station. They are unbranded and i'm sure they are bad.

I guess regardless of your device you should always be picky about what wires you use. Because it's easy to get shit ones.

Also that Monoprice MDP cable would not fuck up your ports, it would just not work. No reason to make a mountain out of a mole hill

>Also that Monoprice MDP cable would not fuck up your ports, it would just not work. No reason to make a mountain out of a mole hill
No, it caused real issues for people. To be more specific, these cables had a pin intended only for Thunderbolt connected, allowing power to transfer from the monitor to your graphics card. It wreaked havoc with a lot of people's macbooks, causing sleep issues and intermittent graphics driver crashes under both OS X and Windows.

It's actually kind of funny. If you look through Amazon reviews of various monitors capable of DisplayPort you'll see a bunch of mac users with this exact issue posting negative reviews thinking that the issue is with the monitor when it in fact is entirely due to the $1 cable they bought.

>wreaked havoc with a lot of people's macbooks

Like I said it would not work on windows. If it blows up macbooks then thats on apple

>Like I said it would not work on windows. If it blows up macbooks then thats on apple
Read again, this is an OS agnostic issue. It happens under Windows too.

but it's HTC
youtube.com/watch?v=cQ62ixgzhrI

No user you read again. You said "damage your graphics card" and i'm telling you that is not true. It just does not work. Unplug it and use a proper cable and it works.

What it does to a macbook is a macbook users problem

Could replace it. The back of the N5 is just held on with some shitty glue, and the battery isn't soldered on.

Ten minute job, tops.

Nexus 5 with a newly replaced battery

I have stopped caring about upgrading my tracking toy for meme features that give me no new real world benefits especially if 650USD+ is the new standard pricing

In terms of PPI it's higher than the ishit7
The screen on the N5 continues to amaze me

Everything works smoothly enough

6p owner here. If you can find a deal like that get it. I love my phone.

i should be like this (nubia myprague)
i have one

Was the Nexus S the last good Google phone? Every later phone had either shitty specs, was over priced, or both.

Probably because it's cheaper.

On your phone? Enjoy your 30min battery life you fucking faggot. Back to you go

I have a shamu Nexus 6. Is it worth it for me to drop the phone and get something new? It's tied to Project Fi, so that sucks.