>make fresh github for a portfolio
>git clone some small projects from some open sores cucks
>change license and all copyright text to my name
>reupload as my own repo
>make beautiful github homepage featuring "my" projects
>watch the recruiter emails pour in
>receive job offer after just 2 interviews
>some open sores cuck noticed I stole his code
>threatens to get the FSF involved (LMAO)
>send github a DMCA takedown notice on their repo, claiming they relicensed my code
>they actually believe me
>never hear from him again

Thanks for the FREE SOFTWARE, freecucks!

Keep putting everything online for people to steal, the GPL won't do shit about some guy stealing your project unless you have hundreds of thousands of users.

Nice

>Video games are more important than freedom

They are

One thing is being scumbag and using others to gain advantage in your own life like a leech. I understand that. You will go far in life. You will be seen as successful person by your surroundings.

Another thing is boasting it on an anonymous Chinese cartoon video forum. That is just wrong dude.

Pic related. Stolen from /fit/, but it applies to everybody, well, unless you are true psychopath.

Don't worry, OP can donate billions of dollars to charities to make up for his malevolent deeds. All he'll have left is a mansion and servants so he can live guilt free. OP will hold society back for 50 years and literally believe that he was the good guy in the end.

Amazing. Never read that before.

Dumb anime poster

Made me laugh. It's too bad it never happened.

How do I prevent people like OP from doing this to me?

not do free software

don't release source code
do only SaaS

You don't have to

Any idiot with half a second and a shred of smarts would easily check to see which project came up first, and how many commits one has compared to the other.

Stop believing OP's bullshit as true

>Thanks for the FREE SOFTWARE
Damn, this made me laugh

This is deep, ;_;

>believing animeposters

Cool story bro. Only problem with the whole thing is that the timestamps on your files would be a later date than the ones on the repository you cloned, and it would be blatantly obvious that you had stolen the code to anyone reviewing it for copyright infringement.

Unless of course you have some evidence that you actually did this, it sounds like you're just posting this story to get replies. I'm going to sage your thread so you get less though.

Wtf I hate free as in freedom now

You can't stop people from plagiarizing your public software. The best you can do is prove that you wrote the original.

You forgot the part where OP DMCA'd the guy's account.

Doesn't git use your local machine's time for commit dates? Roll that shit back and rebase and you're good

Can't you also "export" the projects from the repo which would drop all flags? Speaking from SVN experience only.

Nice blog, where do I subscribe?

DEVILISH

>change license
y tho?

Couldn't you just have left it as e.g. GPL so that this would all be legal?

GPL requires you to leave copyright information intact.

OP, next time just steal code from MIT/BSD faggots.
Their license specifically allows you to take their name off and it's completely legal.

No, the BSD license also forbids you from removing the license.

It's three fucking paragraphs dude, you have no excuse to not read it and base your opinion of it on what angry virgins write about it on Cred Forums.

MIT doesn't require attribution.

>The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.

That's the only thing it requires

>release free software
>don't care about faggots stealing it because it is a hobby and you have a real job
Is everyone here so poor to care about this?

>some faggot steals your work portfolio and then takes your portfolio down to spite you

In any other domain, this would be considered illegal.

If you can't show git you are the original, it is your fault.

They are sjw and jews to begin with so I don't know why use git in the first place

Okay OP, but what do you do when you get the job?

gitlab

Blackmail as many people as possible so he can keep his job.

It's fine. He's a certified Python and Javascript code artisan™.

Write closed source

BUT CLOSED SOURCE SOFTWARE INFRIGES MY PERCEIVED RIGHTS™ AS A USER

Wtf? Rustle does older girls now?

Good stuff, thank you for sharing!

>rights

That's where you're wrong kiddo. Only corporations have rights

You forgot to mention how you're a strong "big boned" independent transwoman fighting against soggyknees and the patriarchy.

Counter sue, keep evidence, private repo, widely publish code so everyone knows you did it first, etc.

I would be interested in finding out about this as well.

Sauce?

>2016
>Not using catalog to browse threads
>Believing sage still does anything
>Being a front page monkey

Tripfags will always be retarded.

Enjoy your lawsuit when you bite one of the big fish.

Make sure to fill your little boxes with green.

function wewlad() {
for i in {1..1000}; do
echo "fart" >> trash.txt;

local rDate=$(date -v-$((RANDOM%365))d -v$((RANDOM%23+1))H -v$((RANDOM%59+1))M -v$((RANDOM%59+1))S)

git add .;
echo "$rDate";
GIT_COMMITTER_DATE="$rDate" git commit --date "$rDate" -m "fuck you";
done

git push origin master;
}

If you fork a GPL or MIT/BSD project do you have to give credit to original authors and keep the same licenses and stuff?

Can't I just fork some small projects, make minor changes, and use that as a portfolio or projects for employers?

>What is submission date.

You can just keep your code in a private repo on your hdd if you're super paranoid. Github also isn't the only code-sharing site on the internet.

If you're worried about an already completed project that you're maintaining, just fight the DMCA and point out that you've been maintaining your code with regular updates, where OP just did a commit and forget with his entire codebase.

If this happened in real life, OP would be found out as a fraud in a few months in the workforce and quickly ruin his reputation.

He might have a lucrative career in QA tho...

This is the proper way to use github, good job.

Don't fall for the "FOSS is good" meme.

So what did you do about the commit history?

Adobe reader and Google Ultron

you fuzz it dummy

10/10
freetards btfo

Timestamps on github and copyright is a thing within OSS too. You could have been cucked for fraud so it's not recommended.

You deserved the job anyway if the fucking HR fags didn't double check what are they see, but you can't do this with much people.

And DMCA's decision cannot be challenged. Oh wait...